Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

IRON MAIDEN Documentary To Premiere In April

Go down 
+7
manny
Leatherface
DallasBlack
thejokeriv
Fat Freddy
the sentinel
INVADERS
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

IRON MAIDEN Documentary To Premiere In April - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: IRON MAIDEN Documentary To Premiere In April   IRON MAIDEN Documentary To Premiere In April - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 22, 2009 11:25 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
Troublezone wrote:
Anyone know what happened to that movie Bruce Dickinson was making?

It was released in Europe last year, and is going straight-to-DVD in the US in March. The European title was "Chemical Wedding" but for whatever reason it's going by the title "Crowley" over here. I posted a pic of the DVD cover around here somewhere yesterday...

Yeah that's right, it was a movie based on Aleister Crowley... should be decent regardless.
Back to top Go down
INVADERS
Metal master
Metal master
INVADERS

Number of posts : 937

PostSubject: Re: IRON MAIDEN Documentary To Premiere In April   IRON MAIDEN Documentary To Premiere In April - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 22, 2009 11:28 am

manny wrote:
INVADERS wrote:
manny wrote:
I bought 'Raising Fear' on DVD recently even thou it is bit of a dog I am going to keep it due to my completist disease, but it is the most lack luster performance from one of the best live metal bands in history.

are you talking about Raising Hell?

I thought that concert was OK, not good enough for Bruce's "last" gig, but OK all the same. Janicks solos in that concert are horrible. Dave, and the rest of the band are on form, but Bruce vocal's through that whole "No prayer - fear of the dark" era just didn't cut it for me, especially live...

Like I said lackluster perfromance and from your comments it seems like you agree.

Yeah, I do... i just didn't know if you were talking about Raising Hell or a bootleg called Raising Fear lol
That was just my thoughts on Raising Hell, and if it was that concert you were talking about then I agree with you 100% lol!
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: IRON MAIDEN Documentary To Premiere In April   IRON MAIDEN Documentary To Premiere In April - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 22, 2009 11:30 am

INVADERS wrote:
manny wrote:
INVADERS wrote:
manny wrote:
I bought 'Raising Fear' on DVD recently even thou it is bit of a dog I am going to keep it due to my completist disease, but it is the most lack luster performance from one of the best live metal bands in history.

are you talking about Raising Hell?

I thought that concert was OK, not good enough for Bruce's "last" gig, but OK all the same. Janicks solos in that concert are horrible. Dave, and the rest of the band are on form, but Bruce vocal's through that whole "No prayer - fear of the dark" era just didn't cut it for me, especially live...

Like I said lackluster perfromance and from your comments it seems like you agree.

Yeah, I do... i just didn't know if you were talking about Raising Hell or a bootleg called Raising Fear lol
That was just my thoughts on Raising Hell, and if it was that concert you were talking about then I agree with you 100% lol!

Yes that was show I was talking about , now is this Raising Fear bootleg worth looking into?
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: IRON MAIDEN Documentary To Premiere In April   IRON MAIDEN Documentary To Premiere In April - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 22, 2009 11:39 am

I know I'm gonna sound like a douche here, but is this really necessary? Aside from seeing some live footage (like we don't have enough of that already), what kind of behind-the-scenes stuff are they really gonna show? Let me guess, some footage of Bruce flying a plane, then some footage of him fencing. Then they'll go to Steve Harris' house and he'll show some crappy old memorabilia that fans have sent him over the years and maybe some footage of his daughter's band to give them some promotion. Oh, here's Nicko farting around in the studio. Dave Murray, noone cares what he has to say. Then cut to some pissed-off roadies that got to set-up and break-down the enormous stage show every night. And here's some "crazy" European fans packing the stadiums. Wicked. Oh, they got a custom plane you say? Cool. Rock stars flying in comfort. There's something you don't see everyday. Is Janick banging any groupies in the back? Are their topless stewardesses serving mountains of coke on silver trays? No, didn't think so. Move on.

It's all so calculated and predictable. If the band is footing the bill for this, you know you're not gonna see anything that shows them in any sort of negative light. It's all been done before and much better. Boys, I love ya, but for Pete's sake, stop with this nonsense and concentrate on making a decent new album without songs that are 15 minute long obscure history lessons. And put a good cover on it this time. Send some call-girls with sacks of money and bags of whatever drugs inspire him over to Derrick Riggs studio if you have to.

End of rant.

PostSubject: Re: IRON MAIDEN Documentary To Premiere In April   IRON MAIDEN Documentary To Premiere In April - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 22, 2009 11:41 am

Shocked

affraid

Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: IRON MAIDEN Documentary To Premiere In April   IRON MAIDEN Documentary To Premiere In April - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 22, 2009 11:44 am

Quote :
Is Janick banging any groupies in the back?

Either that or dancing.
Back to top Go down
INVADERS
Metal master
Metal master
INVADERS

Number of posts : 937

PostSubject: Re: IRON MAIDEN Documentary To Premiere In April   IRON MAIDEN Documentary To Premiere In April - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 22, 2009 11:54 am

Troublezone wrote:
Quote :
Is Janick banging any groupies in the back?

Either that or dancing.

Laughing very hard

Last edited by INVADERS on Thu Jan 22, 2009 11:55 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: IRON MAIDEN Documentary To Premiere In April   IRON MAIDEN Documentary To Premiere In April - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 22, 2009 11:54 am

WOW, who pissed in MG71's Corn Flakes this morning? Laughing very hard Great rant!

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: IRON MAIDEN Documentary To Premiere In April   IRON MAIDEN Documentary To Premiere In April - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 22, 2009 11:56 am

Boy is MetalGuy going to really hate Eddie Trunk's upcoming documentry film 'Hi I am Eddie Trunk & Ace Frehely is Really My Best Friend"
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: IRON MAIDEN Documentary To Premiere In April   IRON MAIDEN Documentary To Premiere In April - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 22, 2009 12:11 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
WOW, who pissed in MG71's Corn Flakes this morning? Laughing very hard Great rant!

Eh, I'm just in one of those moods this morning. I occasionaly have to work with our own P.R. department and I know how much bullschmitt they put into these type of press releases. Even though it's nothing new, or worse yet, a complete turd, in order to create some hype and sell it, they gotta make it sound like it's gonna be greater than the Second Coming of J.C. and if you dare to miss it, you will be the object of scorn and ridicule for the rest of your pathetic lifespan.

Just look at some of the comments you guys have made about that dvd with the magician. I've never seen it, so I won't comment. But I'm sure at the time of it's promotion, it was billed at the "Greatest Show on Earth". An evil magician and a legendary metal band together on one stage. What's not to love? Sounds great on paper, but the end result was pretty lack-luster and overall pretty dissappointing.

And believe me, I'm not just directing this hostility towards Maiden. I love these guys, I really do. Their music has brought me countless hours of entertainment. My hostility is directed at the public relations departments, the marketing directors, the publicists, management, etc. etc., etc. of the entertainment/music/sports/industry.

If Eddie Trunk wants to fellate Ace and put the trailer on YouTube, that's his business. But don't pee down my back and tell me it's God's tears.

Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: IRON MAIDEN Documentary To Premiere In April   IRON MAIDEN Documentary To Premiere In April - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 22, 2009 12:11 pm

manny wrote:
Boy is MetalGuy going to really hate Eddie Trunk's upcoming documentry film 'Hi I am Eddie Trunk & Ace Frehely is Really My Best Friend"

I thought the movie was called "Hi i'm Eddie Trunk and i sang for Sacred Reich".
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: IRON MAIDEN Documentary To Premiere In April   IRON MAIDEN Documentary To Premiere In April - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 22, 2009 12:15 pm

Quote :
But don't pee down my back and tell me it's God's tears.

Stop it. I've already changed by signature once today! angry
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: IRON MAIDEN Documentary To Premiere In April   IRON MAIDEN Documentary To Premiere In April - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 22, 2009 12:31 pm

Quote :
I know how much bullschmitt they put into these type of press releases. Even though it's nothing new, or worse yet, a complete turd, in order to create some hype and sell it, they gotta make it sound like it's gonna be greater than the Second Coming of J.C. and if you dare to miss it, you will be the object of scorn and ridicule for the rest of your pathetic lifespan.

As the kids say, "QFT" (Quoted For Truth). Look no further than the KEEL reunion press release posted elsewhere on this board for proof of MG71's wisdom. IRON MAIDEN Documentary To Premiere In April - Page 2 25679

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: IRON MAIDEN Documentary To Premiere In April   IRON MAIDEN Documentary To Premiere In April - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 22, 2009 12:36 pm

MetalGuy71 said it all.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: IRON MAIDEN Documentary To Premiere In April   IRON MAIDEN Documentary To Premiere In April - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 22, 2009 12:40 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Quote :
I know how much bullschmitt they put into these type of press releases. Even though it's nothing new, or worse yet, a complete turd, in order to create some hype and sell it, they gotta make it sound like it's gonna be greater than the Second Coming of J.C. and if you dare to miss it, you will be the object of scorn and ridicule for the rest of your pathetic lifespan.

As the kids say, "QFT" (Quoted For Truth). Look no further than the KEEL reunion press release posted elsewhere on this board for proof of MG71's wisdom. IRON MAIDEN Documentary To Premiere In April - Page 2 25679

Wisdom? More like jaded bitterness, anger and strong coffee. But thanks. You too, ToB.

PostSubject: Re: IRON MAIDEN Documentary To Premiere In April   IRON MAIDEN Documentary To Premiere In April - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 22, 2009 12:57 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:

Wisdom? More like jaded bitterness, anger and strong coffee. But thanks. You too, ToB.

Meh, I think your best work is still ahead of ya.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: IRON MAIDEN Documentary To Premiere In April   IRON MAIDEN Documentary To Premiere In April - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 22, 2009 1:03 pm

SpectreFate wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

Meh, I think your best work is still ahead of ya.

Now that I'm married, approaching 40 and have kids I thought I'd mellow out some. Look to a bright future with my loving wife, watching my kids grow up, enjoy my music collection, retire some day and paint pictures of happy trees. But these days, I just get more and more angry at the world. Maybe it's because I'm married, approaching 40 and have kids.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: IRON MAIDEN Documentary To Premiere In April   IRON MAIDEN Documentary To Premiere In April - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 22, 2009 1:28 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Maybe it's because I'm married, approaching 40 and have kids.

Ahhh, the dreaded Metalhead Midlife Crisis. Been there, done that.

You should start drinking more beer. It worked for me.

Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: IRON MAIDEN Documentary To Premiere In April   IRON MAIDEN Documentary To Premiere In April - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 22, 2009 2:11 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:
Maybe it's because I'm married, approaching 40 and have kids.

Ahhh, the dreaded Metalhead Midlife Crisis. Been there, done that.

You should start drinking more beer. It worked for me.

Sounds like good advice. Like my good friend Homer once said...
"Here's to alcohol, the cause of—and solution to—all life's problems"

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
7thSaviour

Number of posts : 2206

PostSubject: Re: IRON MAIDEN Documentary To Premiere In April   IRON MAIDEN Documentary To Premiere In April - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 28, 2009 10:36 am

FLIGHT 666
Who's seen this film so far? Your thoughts?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: IRON MAIDEN Documentary To Premiere In April   IRON MAIDEN Documentary To Premiere In April - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 28, 2009 10:41 am

666/1000!
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: IRON MAIDEN Documentary To Premiere In April   IRON MAIDEN Documentary To Premiere In April - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 28, 2009 11:10 am

7thSaviour wrote:
FLIGHT 666

I have not seen it and probably never will, but I still stand by my original rant. Gimme a new album (a new GOOD album) with a Derek Riggs cover. Otherwise don't waste my time.

69/100 sign

Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: IRON MAIDEN Documentary To Premiere In April   IRON MAIDEN Documentary To Premiere In April - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 28, 2009 1:14 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
7thSaviour wrote:
FLIGHT 666

I have not seen it and probably never will, but I still stand by my original rant. Gimme a new album (a new GOOD album) with a Derek Riggs cover. Otherwise don't waste my time.

69/100 sign

Derek Riggs has been quoted as saying he will NEVER do another Maiden cover. There is some major annimosity (sic) between the two so you'll have quite a wait on your hands.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: IRON MAIDEN Documentary To Premiere In April   IRON MAIDEN Documentary To Premiere In April - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 28, 2009 1:32 pm

DallasBlack wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:
7thSaviour wrote:
FLIGHT 666

69/100 sign

Derek Riggs has been quoted as saying he will NEVER do another Maiden cover. There is some major annimosity (sic) between the two so you'll have quite a wait on your hands.

Why? What happened there? Did they stiff him out of some royalities or something?

Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: IRON MAIDEN Documentary To Premiere In April   IRON MAIDEN Documentary To Premiere In April - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 28, 2009 8:25 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
DallasBlack wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:
7thSaviour wrote:
FLIGHT 666

69/100 sign

Why? What happened there? Did they stiff him out of some royalities or something?

That might have been it. All I know is Derek says he's done with Maiden.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: IRON MAIDEN Documentary To Premiere In April   IRON MAIDEN Documentary To Premiere In April - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

IRON MAIDEN Documentary To Premiere In April
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next