Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

IRON MAIDEN Documentary To Premiere In April

Go down 
+7
manny
Leatherface
DallasBlack
thejokeriv
Fat Freddy
the sentinel
INVADERS
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
INVADERS
Metal master
Metal master
INVADERS

Number of posts : 937

IRON MAIDEN Documentary To Premiere In April Empty
PostSubject: IRON MAIDEN Documentary To Premiere In April   IRON MAIDEN Documentary To Premiere In April Icon_minitimeTue Jan 20, 2009 10:48 am

IRON MAIDEN's official web site has been updated with the following message:

"As you may know from Rod's [Smallwood; MAIDEN manager] tour diaries, IRON MAIDEN have been working on a feature-length documentary. Entitled 'Iron Maiden: Flight 666', the movie follows the band on the first leg of their 'Somewhere Back In Time World Tour'
in February and March of 2008 as they experienced the most ambitious
and adventurous tour in rock history, and will be released in April
2009 in association with EMI Records and Universal in the USA.

"The MAIDEN
tour plan was something that had never been attempted before on such a
grand scale. Circumnavigating the globe, the band flew in a specially
customized Boeing 757 airliner with their crew and 12 tons of music and
stage equipment on board, playing 23 sold-out stadium and arena shows
in 13 countries in just 45 days, travelling 70,000 km and performing to almost half a million fans.

"The band were accompanied everywhere by award-winning documentary makers Banger Productions from Toronto in Canada, who have received international critical acclaim for their previous movies 'Metal: A Headbanger's Journey' and recently 'Global Metal'. Producer/presenter Sam Dunn
and his team bring an intimate, behind-the-scenes view of this
remarkable journey, with a close look at the logistics involved and
following Team Maiden in the cockpit, on the plane and on and offstage,
getting to the heart of this global adventure of a band that has very
rarely even let cameras backstage before.

"Shot in high definition and with superb 5.1 surround sound, mixed by the band's producer Kevin 'Caveman' Shirley, 'Flight 666'
brings to the screen all the drama, excitement and hysteria that
followed the band around the world every time Ed Force One [the band's
plane] touched down in a new country. The film documents the intensity
of the punishing show schedules, the struggle with the time zones, the
pressures of ensuring that every performance matched the energy of the
many thousands of ecstatic and expectant fans from many cultural
backgrounds, unusual angles from the spectacular shows... and of course
the fun had on the way!.

"'Iron Maiden: Flight 666' is an honest and revealing portrait of one of the world's most successful rock bands and a must-see for all MAIDEN fans.

"A special international 'Iron Maiden Day' is being planned for April 21 with simultaneous showings of 'Iron Maiden: Flight 666' in selected digital cinemas around the world. We will, of course, bring you more information on this nearer the time."

- Sounds promising.
- Very original for Maiden instead or reharshing the same old crap again and again.
- Still need a new album though...
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: IRON MAIDEN Documentary To Premiere In April   IRON MAIDEN Documentary To Premiere In April Icon_minitimeTue Jan 20, 2009 10:55 am

Thanks for the heads up. I am really looking forward to this. Good point about the originality of it instead of a rehashing of how the band started and all that. 99.9% of the people who will watch or go to a theater to see it already know by heart the origins of the band. Peace.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: IRON MAIDEN Documentary To Premiere In April   IRON MAIDEN Documentary To Premiere In April Icon_minitimeTue Jan 20, 2009 10:57 am

Sounds sweet... I saw the tour, would be fun to see it on video too. 🤘

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: IRON MAIDEN Documentary To Premiere In April   IRON MAIDEN Documentary To Premiere In April Icon_minitimeTue Jan 20, 2009 1:48 pm

Awesome - I met Sam Dunn when he was filming the Izod show last March - he wa sout in the parking lot filiming the fans. I, of course as luck would have, arrived just after the put down the cameras. I did get to talk to him for a bit though
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: IRON MAIDEN Documentary To Premiere In April   IRON MAIDEN Documentary To Premiere In April Icon_minitimeTue Jan 20, 2009 8:54 pm

Sweeeettt!!!!! 🤘

I'm still miffed that I missed this grand tour so this will partially make up for it.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: IRON MAIDEN Documentary To Premiere In April   IRON MAIDEN Documentary To Premiere In April Icon_minitimeTue Jan 20, 2009 11:17 pm

DallasBlack wrote:
Sweeeettt!!!!! 🤘

I'm still miffed that I missed this grand tour so this will partially make up for it.

They are playing Mexico in Feb, if you can make it!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 19229

PostSubject: Re: IRON MAIDEN Documentary To Premiere In April   IRON MAIDEN Documentary To Premiere In April Icon_minitimeTue Jan 20, 2009 11:27 pm

I hope they got a one-on-one with Eddie! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: IRON MAIDEN Documentary To Premiere In April   IRON MAIDEN Documentary To Premiere In April Icon_minitimeWed Jan 21, 2009 9:34 am

thejokeriv wrote:
DallasBlack wrote:
Sweeeettt!!!!! 🤘

They are playing Mexico in Feb, if you can make it!!!!!

Not unless I win the lottery in the next few days. They never played in the DFW area and with my multiple jobs and budgetary issues last year (and the first half of this year as well), I wasn't able to take time off nor have enough money to go 6-8 hours elsewhere and see them. There will be more chances to see Maiden but unfortunatly I won't be able to hear any of the songs they broke out just for that tour. My only hope is that there is a live DVD in the near future-but with this documentary I doubt it.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: IRON MAIDEN Documentary To Premiere In April   IRON MAIDEN Documentary To Premiere In April Icon_minitimeWed Jan 21, 2009 9:54 am

DallasBlack wrote:
My only hope is that there is a live DVD in the near future-but with this documentary I doubt it.

You could always just pick up the LIVE AFTER DEATH DVD.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: IRON MAIDEN Documentary To Premiere In April   IRON MAIDEN Documentary To Premiere In April Icon_minitimeWed Jan 21, 2009 10:13 am

Speaking of Iron Maiden DVD's, has anyone ever seen 'Raising Fear' DVD which featured 'horror magician' Simon Drake ? Maybe if you were there at the actual concert the segements with Simon Drake way have been cool but on DVD they just come off as laughable and embrassing, it is also does not help that Iron Maiden put on a less than a steller performance.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: IRON MAIDEN Documentary To Premiere In April   IRON MAIDEN Documentary To Premiere In April Icon_minitimeWed Jan 21, 2009 10:21 am

manny wrote:
Speaking of Iron Maiden DVD's, has anyone ever seen 'Raising Fear' DVD which featured 'horror magician' Simon Drake ? Maybe if you were there at the actual concert the segements with Simon Drake way have been cool but on DVD they just come off as laughable and embrassing, it is also does not help that Iron Maiden put on a less than a steller performance.

Agree 100%, I bought that DVD a long time ago, watched it once and then traded it in.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: IRON MAIDEN Documentary To Premiere In April   IRON MAIDEN Documentary To Premiere In April Icon_minitimeWed Jan 21, 2009 10:23 am

manny wrote:

Yea, there's probably a reason why ol' Simon hasn't been invited back for another Maiden tour since then... cheeeeeeez.

I paid $19.95 (if memory serves) to watch that damn "Raising Hell" concert on Pay-Per-View back then and felt very ripped off. It was billed as being "Bruce's last concert with Iron Maiden" so I felt I had to see it. After watching the performance I wished I hadn't bothered.

Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: IRON MAIDEN Documentary To Premiere In April   IRON MAIDEN Documentary To Premiere In April Icon_minitimeWed Jan 21, 2009 12:11 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
manny wrote:

Yea, there's probably a reason why ol' Simon hasn't been invited back for another Maiden tour since then... cheeeeeeez.

I paid $19.95 (if memory serves) to watch that damn "Raising Hell" concert on Pay-Per-View back then and felt very ripped off. It was billed as being "Bruce's last concert with Iron Maiden" so I felt I had to see it. After watching the performance I wished I hadn't bothered.

I feel diferently about it but I was also younger than you old farts ( Very Happy ) and I was fairly new to Maiden, so I actually enjoyed it. However, it's been many years since I watched it so maybe my opinon has changed
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: IRON MAIDEN Documentary To Premiere In April   IRON MAIDEN Documentary To Premiere In April Icon_minitimeWed Jan 21, 2009 12:12 pm

My problem with that concert really wasn't the visuals, it was that it was such an un-inspired performance by the band, they really sounded like they were on autopilot and just wanted the whole thing to be over with.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: IRON MAIDEN Documentary To Premiere In April   IRON MAIDEN Documentary To Premiere In April Icon_minitimeWed Jan 21, 2009 1:48 pm

detuned wrote:
My problem with that concert really wasn't the visuals, it was that it was such an un-inspired performance by the band, they really sounded like they were on autopilot and just wanted the whole thing to be over with.

It was a bad performance - I rented it from netflix, wtahced it once, sent it back and took it off my buy list
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: IRON MAIDEN Documentary To Premiere In April   IRON MAIDEN Documentary To Premiere In April Icon_minitimeWed Jan 21, 2009 1:56 pm

detuned wrote:

To me the performance was fine but as I said, at the time I had only been a Maiden fan for a about a year.
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: IRON MAIDEN Documentary To Premiere In April   IRON MAIDEN Documentary To Premiere In April Icon_minitimeWed Jan 21, 2009 4:07 pm

A stupid name for a documentary about a band that was never really Satanic.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: IRON MAIDEN Documentary To Premiere In April   IRON MAIDEN Documentary To Premiere In April Icon_minitimeWed Jan 21, 2009 4:10 pm

I bought 'Raising Fear' on DVD recently even thou it is bit of a dog I am going to keep it due to my completist disease, but it is the most lack luster performance from one of the best live metal bands in history.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: IRON MAIDEN Documentary To Premiere In April   IRON MAIDEN Documentary To Premiere In April Icon_minitimeWed Jan 21, 2009 4:22 pm

I have the Early Years DVD, the reissue of Live After Death and Rock In Rio...that's all the live Iron Maiden I'll ever need. Unless more Dianno material comes to light...
Back to top Go down
INVADERS
Metal master
Metal master
INVADERS

PostSubject: Re: IRON MAIDEN Documentary To Premiere In April   IRON MAIDEN Documentary To Premiere In April Icon_minitimeThu Jan 22, 2009 11:17 am

manny wrote:
I bought 'Raising Fear' on DVD recently even thou it is bit of a dog I am going to keep it due to my completist disease, but it is the most lack luster performance from one of the best live metal bands in history.

are you talking about Raising Hell?

I thought that concert was OK, not good enough for Bruce's "last" gig, but OK all the same. Janicks solos in that concert are horrible. Dave, and the rest of the band are on form, but Bruce vocal's through that whole "No prayer - fear of the dark" era just didn't cut it for me, especially live...
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: IRON MAIDEN Documentary To Premiere In April   IRON MAIDEN Documentary To Premiere In April Icon_minitimeThu Jan 22, 2009 11:20 am

Anyone know what happened to that movie Bruce Dickinson was making?
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: IRON MAIDEN Documentary To Premiere In April   IRON MAIDEN Documentary To Premiere In April Icon_minitimeThu Jan 22, 2009 11:22 am

Troublezone wrote:
Anyone know what happened to that movie Bruce Dickinson was making?

It was released in Europe last year, and is going straight-to-DVD in the US in March. The European title was "Chemical Wedding" but for whatever reason it's going by the title "Crowley" over here. I posted a pic of the DVD cover around here somewhere yesterday...

Back to top Go down
INVADERS
Metal master
Metal master
INVADERS

PostSubject: Re: IRON MAIDEN Documentary To Premiere In April   IRON MAIDEN Documentary To Premiere In April Icon_minitimeThu Jan 22, 2009 11:23 am

i've heard it wasn't meant to be that good, but cannot really judge until i see it for myself.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: IRON MAIDEN Documentary To Premiere In April   IRON MAIDEN Documentary To Premiere In April Icon_minitimeThu Jan 22, 2009 11:23 am

INVADERS wrote:
manny wrote:

are you talking about Raising Hell?

I thought that concert was OK, not good enough for Bruce's "last" gig, but OK all the same. Janicks solos in that concert are horrible. Dave, and the rest of the band are on form, but Bruce vocal's through that whole "No prayer - fear of the dark" era just didn't cut it for me, especially live...

Like I said lackluster perfromance and from your comments it seems like you agree.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: IRON MAIDEN Documentary To Premiere In April   IRON MAIDEN Documentary To Premiere In April Icon_minitimeThu Jan 22, 2009 11:24 am

The thread on Bruce's movie is here... what, does nobody read the stuff in the "R.I.P." forum anymore?

http://www.heartofmetal.net/rip-f4/chemical-wedding-the-movie-t6529.htm

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: IRON MAIDEN Documentary To Premiere In April   IRON MAIDEN Documentary To Premiere In April Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

IRON MAIDEN Documentary To Premiere In April
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next