Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The other Iron Maiden

Go down 
+3
the sentinel
White_Mage
tul
7 posters
AuthorMessage
tul
Metal student
Metal student
tul

Number of posts : 234

The other Iron Maiden Empty
PostSubject: The other Iron Maiden   The other Iron Maiden Icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2008 10:07 pm

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iron_Maiden_%28hard_rock_band%29

Anyone ever heard Maiden Voyage ?
Back to top Go down
White_Mage
Metal master
Metal master
White_Mage

Number of posts : 535

PostSubject: Re: The other Iron Maiden   The other Iron Maiden Icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2008 10:32 pm

huh? thats interesting

funny how they've never been in some sorta mix up with the other Iron Maiden
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: The other Iron Maiden   The other Iron Maiden Icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2008 10:46 pm

Wow! I just emailed the link to my best friend who is a huge Maiden fan. Neither one of us ever knew this. Thanks man.
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: The other Iron Maiden   The other Iron Maiden Icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2008 11:51 pm

I have. Actually not too long ago I believe that the Iron Maiden we have all grown to love and know put a link on their website for this band. It had some samples of thier songs on it because I think they were re releasing one of their albums or an album that was never released. They sound nothing like the Maiden we know though.
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

PostSubject: Re: The other Iron Maiden   The other Iron Maiden Icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2008 11:55 pm

Heres a link to their website
http://www.theboltonironmaiden.com/build/?p=home
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

PostSubject: Re: The other Iron Maiden   The other Iron Maiden Icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2008 11:57 pm

Wait nevermind my posts. Though the one I posted was another band called Iron Maiden it isnt the same band from that wikipedia page.
Back to top Go down
rattpoison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

Number of posts : 2682

PostSubject: Re: The other Iron Maiden   The other Iron Maiden Icon_minitimeFri Feb 22, 2008 12:00 am

Great band from the proto-metal era, i think their one and only album Maiden Voyage was recorded in 1969 but didn't see the light of day til the late 90's, 30 years after the fact!

Sorta hard/heavy prog maybe a bit of boogie thrown in. Kinda reminds me of the great German band Birth Control.

That old relic Sahbhealer will tell you all about em (i think)!

Alot of 'hard rock' bands from the early 70's had the original names of bands that were more famous in the 80's. Not only Iron Maiden but bands like the original Skid Row and Possessed being two examples.
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: The other Iron Maiden   The other Iron Maiden Icon_minitimeFri Feb 22, 2008 2:39 pm

I've read about this, and I read it came out in 1970, but only on vinyl of course. A CD reissue came out much, much later.

Metal student
Metal student
tul

Number of posts : 234

PostSubject: Re: The other Iron Maiden   The other Iron Maiden Icon_minitimeFri Feb 22, 2008 4:00 pm

Phoenix Reign Drummer wrote:
Wait nevermind my posts. Though the one I posted was another band called Iron Maiden it isnt the same band from that wikipedia page.

No it is the same. The change to The Bolton Iron Maiden was the condition from Rod.
Back to top Go down
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

PostSubject: Re: The other Iron Maiden   The other Iron Maiden Icon_minitimeFri Feb 22, 2008 4:06 pm

Yeah iIhave a cd on Maiden Voyage it's more psych than anything else!

Wargod48

NP: Firewind - The Premonition
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The other Iron Maiden   The other Iron Maiden Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The other Iron Maiden
Page 1 of 1