Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Iron Maiden art

Go down 
+7
Rex
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
Witchfinder
scottmitchell74
Gilbert
MetalGuy71
mikeinfla
11 posters
AuthorMessage
mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

Number of posts : 2477

Iron Maiden art Empty
PostSubject: Iron Maiden art   Iron Maiden art Icon_minitimeTue Nov 04, 2014 11:28 am

Check this out, this is simply amazing!

Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Iron Maiden art Empty
PostSubject: Re: Iron Maiden art   Iron Maiden art Icon_minitimeTue Nov 04, 2014 12:24 pm

Incredible!!

Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9878

Iron Maiden art Empty
PostSubject: Re: Iron Maiden art   Iron Maiden art Icon_minitimeTue Nov 04, 2014 1:06 pm

Wow. So much talent...
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9047

Iron Maiden art Empty
PostSubject: Re: Iron Maiden art   Iron Maiden art Icon_minitimeTue Nov 04, 2014 1:11 pm

Oh, wow! That's amazing.
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7611

Iron Maiden art Empty
PostSubject: Re: Iron Maiden art   Iron Maiden art Icon_minitimeTue Nov 04, 2014 1:16 pm

Very cool.

That reminds me somewhat of these paintings - except these painting are of fruit and not Iron Maiden.

http://mickimyers.com/paintings.html

Oh, they're also done by my wife. So there's that. Smile

Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

Iron Maiden art Empty
PostSubject: Re: Iron Maiden art   Iron Maiden art Icon_minitimeTue Nov 04, 2014 1:18 pm

The thing is, by the time he is done I am convinced it's an actual LP!
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Iron Maiden art Empty
PostSubject: Re: Iron Maiden art   Iron Maiden art Icon_minitimeTue Nov 04, 2014 1:20 pm

The reflections on the vinyl are very convincing!
Back to top Go down
mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

Iron Maiden art Empty
PostSubject: Re: Iron Maiden art   Iron Maiden art Icon_minitimeTue Nov 04, 2014 1:25 pm

Witchfinder wrote:
Very cool.

That reminds me somewhat of these paintings - except these painting are of fruit and not Iron Maiden.

Oh, they're also done by my wife.  So there's that.  Smile

I am simply amazed at this type of talent. Not only does it take talent to paint or draw but to do it and make it look 3-D is stunning. Get her to paint something metal for us here at HOM!
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Iron Maiden art Empty
PostSubject: Re: Iron Maiden art   Iron Maiden art Icon_minitimeTue Nov 04, 2014 2:19 pm

mikeinfla wrote:
Witchfinder wrote:
Very cool.

Oh, they're also done by my wife.  So there's that.  Smile

I am simply amazed at this type of talent. Not only does it take talent to paint or draw but to do it and make it look 3-D is stunning. Get her to paint something metal for us here at HOM!

I'll see what I can do.
Back to top Go down
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood

Number of posts : 2998

Iron Maiden art Empty
PostSubject: Re: Iron Maiden art   Iron Maiden art Icon_minitimeTue Nov 04, 2014 5:58 pm

Just trying to imagine what benefit might be gained from this [other than personal satisfaction and kudos from Maiden fans]?
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Iron Maiden art Empty
PostSubject: Re: Iron Maiden art   Iron Maiden art Icon_minitimeTue Nov 04, 2014 6:04 pm

UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS wrote:
Just trying to imagine what benefit might be gained from this [other than personal satisfaction and kudos from Maiden fans]?

Artists create art.  That's what they do.  Why would there have to be anything more than personal satisfaction? For instance, my wife paints all the time because she wants to.  No other reason.

Edit - Oh, you can also sell them!
Back to top Go down
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood

Iron Maiden art Empty
PostSubject: Re: Iron Maiden art   Iron Maiden art Icon_minitimeTue Nov 04, 2014 7:15 pm

How is painting something that has already been painted - completely identically - art? I ain't rippin'. That guy is amazing. But if he drew/painted an apple - or the Mona Lisa - the exact same as the original artist did? How is this special? Did you also find satisfaction when your wife drew the turtle from the back of the comic book and sent it in? I just don't get it.
Back to top Go down
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood

Iron Maiden art Empty
PostSubject: Re: Iron Maiden art   Iron Maiden art Icon_minitimeTue Nov 04, 2014 7:18 pm

Just looked at your wife's art, btw. She is very good. Please don't take personal offence to the above comment.
Back to top Go down
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood

Iron Maiden art Empty
PostSubject: Re: Iron Maiden art   Iron Maiden art Icon_minitimeTue Nov 04, 2014 7:20 pm

I should really read through all of the posts before coming off like a dick.
Back to top Go down
Rex
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Rex

Number of posts : 2056

Iron Maiden art Empty
PostSubject: Re: Iron Maiden art   Iron Maiden art Icon_minitimeTue Nov 04, 2014 7:31 pm

#1 reason for a video of something like this is for self promotion to get paying gigs.
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Iron Maiden art Empty
PostSubject: Re: Iron Maiden art   Iron Maiden art Icon_minitimeTue Nov 04, 2014 7:44 pm

I should really read through all of the posts before coming off like a dick.

lol! No worries my man.

She actually has a degree in art from Central St. Martins in London, so I don't think the turtle drawing was involved.

She derives pleasure from the technical skill it takes to recreate a 3 dimensional object in 2 dimensions. I derive pleasure from that fact that people send us dollars to acquire the paintings. Smile
Back to top Go down
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood

Iron Maiden art Empty
PostSubject: Re: Iron Maiden art   Iron Maiden art Icon_minitimeTue Nov 04, 2014 8:26 pm

Rex wrote:

#1 reason for a video of something like this is for self promotion to get paying gigs.

That makes sense.
Back to top Go down
martinsane
Metal master
Metal master
martinsane

Number of posts : 924

Iron Maiden art Empty
PostSubject: Re: Iron Maiden art   Iron Maiden art Icon_minitimeTue Nov 04, 2014 9:53 pm

That's nice. I wonder how much time lapse and how often he had to draw it to get it down like that or if per chance he had the album out of shot for reference?

There are a lot of other drawings in his YouTube channel.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

Iron Maiden art Empty
PostSubject: Re: Iron Maiden art   Iron Maiden art Icon_minitimeTue Nov 04, 2014 11:12 pm

I'm a constant member of Deviant Art (I'm there as often as I used to be around here) and I'm constantly amazed at the artistic talent of people. Makes me wish I had the patients to learn proper techniques when I was younger. I want to get a time machine and smack that impatient little punk upside the head Very Happy.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

Iron Maiden art Empty
PostSubject: Re: Iron Maiden art   Iron Maiden art Icon_minitimeWed Nov 05, 2014 7:02 am

DallasBlack wrote:
I'm a constant member of Deviant Art (I'm there as often as I used to be around here) and I'm constantly amazed at the artistic talent of people. Makes me wish I had the patients to learn proper techniques when I was younger. I want to get a time machine and smack that impatient little punk upside the head Very Happy.

You can buy one here for only $60.83!

Iron Maiden art Ipodcompare3

Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Iron Maiden art Empty
PostSubject: Re: Iron Maiden art   Iron Maiden art Icon_minitimeWed Nov 05, 2014 10:37 am

How is painting something that has already been painted - completely identically - art?  I ain't rippin'.  That guy is amazing.  But if he drew/painted an apple - or the Mona Lisa - the exact same as the original artist did?  How is this special?  Did you also find satisfaction when your wife drew the turtle from the back of the comic book and sent it in?  I just don't get it.

Not for nothing, but those Maiden drawings are just a fraction of the things this guy draws...

http://www.marcellobarenghi.com/p/illustration.html

Who knows if that stuff he does shows up in advertising or something as well in Europe. He's based over in Italy.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 15680

Iron Maiden art Empty
PostSubject: Re: Iron Maiden art   Iron Maiden art Icon_minitimeWed Nov 05, 2014 11:35 pm

headbanger
Back to top Go down
brokentulsa
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
brokentulsa

Number of posts : 1779

Iron Maiden art Empty
PostSubject: Re: Iron Maiden art   Iron Maiden art Icon_minitimeSun Nov 09, 2014 1:47 pm

Very Cool... headbanger
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Iron Maiden art Empty
PostSubject: Re: Iron Maiden art   Iron Maiden art Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Iron Maiden art
Page 1 of 1