Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Seen any good movies?

Go down 
+43
Am I Evil?
TheGooch
Dave the Boss
mc666
SlaytanicPOWER
sheets
Necrosultan
Svengo
XYZ
A Handful of Wayne
Louder
spiritoradio
Mglaffas81
MetalRob331
Gilbert
powermacho
MetalGuy71
kmorg
Smindas
metalinmyveins
Troublezone
Thrasher73
T-Roy
SideShowDisaSter
jstate
manny
Stender
sam
thejokeriv
nevermore
Metal Misfit
DeathCult
Addy
iamrockerfun
the sentinel
DallasBlack
Schbopo
Leatherface
Fat Freddy
EvyMetal
Required Fields
scottmitchell74
tohostudios
47 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 32 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

Seen any good movies? - Page 24 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 24 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 22, 2009 7:58 am

Leatherface wrote:
The Guyver 2. If you love rubber monster movies, check this out.

That got my attention.

Metal master
Metal master
Svengo

Number of posts : 967

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 24 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 22, 2009 6:37 pm

tohostudios wrote:
Leatherface wrote:
The Guyver 2. If you love rubber monster movies, check this out.

That got my attention.
The only thing that trumps rubber monster movies for me would be giant robot movies, but either one are hard to beat. Heck, take the crappiest day of your life and then add in a rubber monster or giant robot movie and suddenly your day isn't so bad anymore. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
EvyMetal
Baron Von 40oz.
EvyMetal

Number of posts : 4386

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 24 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 27, 2009 3:28 am

Well let's see, it was fairly slow at work tonight so I watched on USA:

Mr. Deeds
Fun With Dick And Jane
You, Me & Dupree

Fairly funny movies.
Back to top Go down
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 19232

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 24 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 28, 2009 11:26 pm

They Are Among us. Not really good, but I saw it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
EvyMetal
Baron Von 40oz.
EvyMetal

Number of posts : 4386

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 24 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2009 6:02 am

Leatherheads. Two many freakin' montages! and they weren't good ones either!
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 24 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 30, 2009 5:13 pm

I just watched "Little Miss Sunshine" for the first time last night. I tend to like movies like this (small budgets), but I fail to see why the movie garnered so much Oscar hype (actually winning two Oscars in 2006). I liked it, but I've seen more Oscar worthy movies than this. All in all, still good, I just didn't buy the hype.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 24 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 30, 2009 5:15 pm

I watched "Crossroads" for the first time in probably 15 years, still dig that movie.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 24 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 30, 2009 5:18 pm

detuned wrote:
I watched "Crossroads" for the first time in probably 15 years, still dig that movie.

Steve Vai's finest role!! headbanger

Metal master
Metal master
sheets

Number of posts : 638

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 24 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 30, 2009 5:35 pm

metalinmyveins wrote:
I just watched "Little Miss Sunshine" for the first time last night. I tend to like movies like this (small budgets), but I fail to see why the movie garnered so much Oscar hype (actually winning two Oscars in 2006). I liked it, but I've seen more Oscar worthy movies than this. All in all, still good, I just didn't buy the hype.

I feel the same way. It's cute in parts but I don't see what the hype was. And Alan Arkin won an Oscar for playing an old guy with a dirty mouth for about 5 minutes of screentime?
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 24 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 30, 2009 7:15 pm

sheets wrote:
metalinmyveins wrote:

I feel the same way. It's cute in parts but I don't see what the hype was. And Alan Arkin won an Oscar for playing an old guy with a dirty mouth for about 5 minutes of screentime?

I enjoyed the ending the most. I started to cringe when the beauty pageant started. I hate those things....so much. I hate the way little girls are dolled up to look like some cheap hookers. So, the ending did a good job of poking fun of that whole thing.

Yeah, I'm not so sure what is so special about an old man being able to cuss? I guess the the field in the best supporting actor category must have been lame that year? I think it's funny when the critics find cursing endearing in a low budget/independent film, but they get aggravated by those same words in a teen movie. I didn't really see a three dimensional character in the one Alan Arkin was playing. I didn't hate his role by any means, I'm just surprised it brought home an Oscar.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 24 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 30, 2009 7:16 pm

Any of you horror movie fans check out "Midnight Meat Train" which I plugged about 2 pages ago?

Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 24 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 30, 2009 7:36 pm

tohostudios wrote:
Any of you horror movie fans check out "Midnight Meat Train" which I plugged about 2 pages ago?

Saw it when it came out, not bad at all.
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 24 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 30, 2009 7:53 pm

DeathCult wrote:
tohostudios wrote:

Saw it when it came out, not bad at all.

The unrated DVD is better. More gore.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 24 Icon_minitimeSat May 02, 2009 11:28 pm

Over the last two nights, I've seen two great movies:

I saw the movie "Letters From Iwo Jima". If you don't mind subtitles, I think this movie does a great job of showing some humanity from the Japanese side of things. Great flick!

Last night, I watched the movie "Munich". I've been wanting to see this for quite a while. I was only a year old when this terrible atrocity took place. It was cool to learn about how the terrorist attack on the Israeli athletes played out, and of course what Israel's roll was in hunting down those who were behind Black September. There were definitely many wicked killings in this movie by the Israeli hit team. Eric Bana was awesome as usual.
Back to top Go down
XYZ
Card-carrying Van Halen Freak
XYZ

Number of posts : 2600

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 24 Icon_minitimeSun May 03, 2009 12:32 am

Not a movie, but if been watching the 2nd season of 24. Definitely better than the current season.
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 24 Icon_minitimeSun May 03, 2009 12:50 am

xyz wrote:
Not a movie, but if been watching the 2nd season of 24. Definitely better than the current season.

I can't say I'm as big of a "24" fan as I used to be, but I still consider myself a pretty big fan. I've been on the "24" forum for over 4 years, but enjoy this place MUCH more. I'm enjoying this season, but you can't touch the first 3 seasons. They're awesome

Favorite seasons in order:

1,3,2,..5,....7....................4..............................................................................6
Back to top Go down
XYZ
Card-carrying Van Halen Freak
XYZ

Number of posts : 2600

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 24 Icon_minitimeSun May 03, 2009 12:53 am

metalinmyveins wrote:
xyz wrote:

I can't say I'm as big of a "24" fan as I used to be, but I still consider myself a pretty big fan. I've been on the "24" forum for over 4 years, but enjoy this place MUCH more. I'm enjoying this season, but you can't touch the first 3 seasons. They're awesome

1,3,2,..5,....7....................4..............................................................................6

I started watching during season 6. I'll say season 7 is a big improvement.

But now that I've started watching the earlier seasons, I can see the show has taken a bit of a dive over the years.
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 24 Icon_minitimeSun May 03, 2009 12:56 am

xyz wrote:
metalinmyveins wrote:
xyz wrote:

I started watching during season 6. I'll say season 7 is a big improvement.

But now that I've started watching the earlier seasons, I can see the show has taken a bit of a dive over the years.

Season 6 was just as wretched as it comes. The story lines were complete trash, I.E: Jack Bauer & his evil family. When you watch previous seasons, you will find out how much they stole from those seasons. The actors that they brought on for the most part were average/bad. I'll be anxious to hear what you think of seasons 1-5 after you're finished watching them.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 24 Icon_minitimeSun May 03, 2009 8:17 am

Obsessed. Pretty cookie cutter, but the ending was exciting. Worth the time and $.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 24 Icon_minitimeSun May 03, 2009 10:45 am

Special - more depressing than funny, but an excellent film regardless.

Nothing But The Truth - also very depressing but well-made.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 24 Icon_minitimeMon May 04, 2009 8:40 am

The Wrestler

Marissa Tomei was 44 when this was filmed and she's still hot.

Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 24 Icon_minitimeMon May 04, 2009 10:02 am

X-Men Origins

I liked it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 24 Icon_minitimeMon May 04, 2009 10:28 am

tohostudios wrote:
The Wrestler

Marissa Tomei was 44 when this was filmed and she's still hot.

Agreed!
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 24 Icon_minitimeMon May 04, 2009 10:43 am

scottmitchell74 wrote:
X-Men Origins

I liked it.

I'm debating if I want to go to the theaters to see this or just wait for the dvd. I've seen all 3 X-Men movies in theaters, so I'd like to see this one too. Just don't know that I'll get around to going.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 24 Icon_minitimeMon May 04, 2009 10:47 am

A guy here @ work saw "X-Men Origins" over the weekend and said it wasn't as good as the previous 3. There seems to be quite a bit of bad word-of-mouth spreading about that one already (since a lot of people saw it when the work print was leaked to the Net about a month ago).

They better hope they make their $$ on it quick because "Star Trek" comes out this Friday and that'll probably crush everything else out there next weekend.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 24 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Seen any good movies?
Page 24 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 32 ... 40  Next