Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Seen any good movies?

Go down 
+43
Am I Evil?
TheGooch
Dave the Boss
mc666
SlaytanicPOWER
sheets
Necrosultan
Svengo
XYZ
A Handful of Wayne
Louder
spiritoradio
Mglaffas81
MetalRob331
Gilbert
powermacho
MetalGuy71
kmorg
Smindas
metalinmyveins
Troublezone
Thrasher73
T-Roy
SideShowDisaSter
jstate
manny
Stender
sam
thejokeriv
nevermore
Metal Misfit
DeathCult
Addy
iamrockerfun
the sentinel
DallasBlack
Schbopo
Leatherface
Fat Freddy
EvyMetal
Required Fields
scottmitchell74
tohostudios
47 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 30 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

Seen any good movies? - Page 21 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 21 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 06, 2009 8:38 am

"Jurassic Park III" - a lotta people hated this one when it first came out some years back but I dig it and prefer it to the previous film, "The Lost World"

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 21 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 06, 2009 8:39 am

I like of the JP movies. Spinosaurus Egypticus!
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 21 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 06, 2009 10:14 am

Saw "The Women" last night. Embarassed

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 21 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 06, 2009 10:29 am

kmorg wrote:
Saw "The Women" last night. Embarassed

I have been able to escape that one...by the way, it's a remake of a 1930's film (that version is actually quite good).
Back to top Go down
EvyMetal
Baron Von 40oz.
EvyMetal

Number of posts : 4386

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 21 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 06, 2009 3:59 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
"Jurassic Park III" - a lotta people hated this one when it first came out some years back but I dig it and prefer it to the previous film, "The Lost World"

I always thought "The Lost World" was such a joke.
The greatest part about the third, I thought, was the winged dinosaur segment.
Back to top Go down
XYZ
Card-carrying Van Halen Freak
XYZ

Number of posts : 2600

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 21 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 06, 2009 4:02 pm

EvyMetal wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

Jurassic Park was an amazing movie. Some of the best CGI I've ever seen. The others are not as good.

The books are always better, though.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 21 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 06, 2009 4:10 pm

EvyMetal wrote:

The main reason I hated "The Lost World" was because about the only thing it had in common with the (fantastic) original novel was the title. Aside from that, the only character they brought back from the first "JP" was Jeff Goldbum, and I can't stand that guy. Then they add a T-Rex running loose in San Diego at the end to make sure the wheels completely fall off the movie. Oy.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 21 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 06, 2009 4:12 pm

xyz wrote:
EvyMetal wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

Jurassic Park was an amazing movie. Some of the best CGI I've ever seen. The others are not as good.

Ever see the Walking With Dinosaurs series?

That's THE best CGI I've ever seen.

XYZ

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 21 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 06, 2009 4:20 pm

tohostudios wrote:
xyz wrote:
EvyMetal wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

Ever see the Walking With Dinosaurs series?

That's THE best CGI I've ever seen.

I watched the series when it premiered, and I own it (I was a dinosaur freak when I was young.) I think the CGI was awesome as well, but I think Jurassic Park was phenomenal for the time it came out (for '93, the CGI is amazing).
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 21 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 06, 2009 4:31 pm

True. CGI was pretty much still in its infancy when JP came out.

Baron Von 40oz.
EvyMetal

Number of posts : 4386

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 21 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 07, 2009 3:33 am

tohostudios wrote:
True. CGI was pretty much still in its infancy when JP came out.

Those Walking With The Dinosaurs movies weren't made recently either. I have the series on VHS, but the CGI is amazing in those. Especially those dinosaurs with the whippy tails.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 21 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 07, 2009 4:36 am

Righteous Kill-great action/thriller with two of the greatest actors in history with a suprise ending-for me anyways.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17155

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 21 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 07, 2009 9:08 am

Big Stan
Back to top Go down
Necrosultan
Metal novice
Metal novice
Necrosultan

Number of posts : 62

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 21 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 07, 2009 12:49 pm

Watched ''KNOWING'' with Nicholas Cage during the weekend.

Awesome movie. Really cool disaster scenes. The movie is just gripping, leaves you in suspense until the very end. Very recommended.
Back to top Go down
XYZ
XYZ

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 21 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 07, 2009 3:22 pm

scottmitchell74 wrote:
I like of the JP movies. Spinosaurus Egypticus!

The Spinosaurus should have been dead within the first 30 minutes. There's no way it could have survived a bite to the neck from a T Rex.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 21 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 07, 2009 3:38 pm

Necrosultan wrote:
Watched ''KNOWING'' with Nicholas Cage during the weekend.

Awesome movie. Really cool disaster scenes. The movie is just gripping, leaves you in suspense until the very end. Very recommended.

I have a major "crush" on Rose Byrne (there's something about Aussie chicks...), I'm planning on going to see it just for her...glad to hear the movie is good too.
Back to top Go down
Necrosultan
Metal novice
Metal novice
Necrosultan

Number of posts : 62

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 21 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 07, 2009 5:15 pm

detuned wrote:
I have a major "crush" on Rose Byrne (there's something about Aussie chicks...), I'm planning on going to see it just for her...glad to hear the movie is good too.

She's a real beaut. There's a scene where she comes out in her underwear, it's brief, but...woah. Never paid much attention to her (as in what other films she's been in) until that part.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 21 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 07, 2009 6:11 pm

Necrosultan wrote:
detuned wrote:

She's a real beaut. There's a scene where she comes out in her underwear, it's brief, but...woah. Never paid much attention to her (as in what other films she's been in) until that part.

She's a helluva actress as well. I first noticed her in the movie "Sunshine". She's also been in quite a few independent films, she was the most memorable character in the film "Troy" and stars on the TV series "Damages" with Glenn Close.
Back to top Go down
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 19229

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 21 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 07, 2009 11:40 pm

Unspeakable.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17155

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 21 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 08, 2009 3:11 am

Role Models
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 21 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 08, 2009 5:32 am

Marley And Me-Great movie! I could make up an excuse that my allergies acted up on me but I must be honest, I teared up like a mother. If you see this movie and are a dog lover and you don't cry or tear up in any way ...YOU HAVE NO SOUL!!!!! Mad
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 21 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 08, 2009 8:27 am

DallasBlack wrote:
Marley And Me-Great movie! I could make up an excuse that my allergies acted up on me but I must be honest, I teared up like a mother. If you see this movie and are a dog lover and you don't cry or tear up in any way ...YOU HAVE NO SOUL!!!!! Mad

Haven't seen the movie yet but my six year old borrowed the book from the library a while back, since he is just a beginning reader I was reading a chapter to him before bed every night. When it became obvious that the book was not going to have a happy ending, he asked me not to read him the last chapter or two.

Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 21 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 08, 2009 10:02 am

Troublezone wrote:
Role Models

Was that any good? Looks like it might be funny.

Ate his vegetables
Schbopo

Number of posts : 4958

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 21 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 08, 2009 4:09 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Troublezone wrote:
Role Models

I thought it was hilarious.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 21 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 08, 2009 4:10 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Troublezone wrote:
Role Models

It's a little bit "one note", but it's worth a watch. Plus Elizabeth Banks is in it...so that's enough for me right there.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 21 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Seen any good movies?
Page 21 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 30 ... 40  Next