Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What bands do you HATE?

Go down 
+40
EvyMetal
Red Kitty
Mglaffas81
Am I Evil?
Gilbert
Sabbath In Solitude
mr.electric39
Chairman_Smith
YngwieDokkenfan
Lurideath
DallasBlack
akeldama
sonofthunder
powermacho
TH Joe
SAHB Healer
Schbopo
scottmitchell74
candlemass
stepcousin
dirtracin1
the sentinel
MetalRob331
jstate
SuprimuS
Hamer12
Addy
mc666
Metal Misfit
XYZ
Thrasher73
tohostudios
manny
sam
Troublezone
iamrockerfun
DeathCult
MetalGuy71
Fat Freddy
ultmetal
44 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

What bands do you HATE? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What bands do you HATE?   What bands do you HATE? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 09, 2009 12:13 pm

xyz wrote:

Avenged Sevenfold
Hinder
Saving Abel
Nickelback
Seether

-Hinder had one good song (IMO)
-That Addicted song by Saving Abel is okay (I've heard their album is pretty good)
-Avenged Sevenfold I respect for fusing current metal with 80s metal (even if I'm not in love with the results)
-Seether: Agree with this, I bought an album of theirs a few years ago because the local radio station wouldn't shut up about how it was one of the greatest rock albums in a while and it's just your typical bland modern hard rock/metal. They don't even have any decent singles.
-Nickelback - I actually like a few songs, but I'm more upset about the mega popularity they get for their mediocre music than about the music itself. If the popularity was scaled back a bit to match the quality of the music, I'd be okay. Smile
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: What bands do you HATE?   What bands do you HATE? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 09, 2009 12:46 pm

hate is too strong a word. however there are some bands that i don't care for & whose fans kind of annoy me...

Ari Koivunen
Bride
Linkin Park
Black Label Society
Avenged Sevenfold
Stratovarius
System of a Down
Hanoi Rocks
Green Day
Papa Roach
Def Leppard
Rage Against The Machine
Kid Rock
P.O.D.
Kamelot
Velvet Revolver
Kiss
Stone Sour
Mastodon
Dokken
Limp Bizkit
Soilwork
Pink Floyd
Lordi
Northern Kings
Narnia
Dillinger Escape Plan
Kings X

DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: What bands do you HATE?   What bands do you HATE? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 09, 2009 12:50 pm

Metal Misfit wrote:
Hate is indeed a very strong word. Even bands that I really really dislike have at least one or two songs in their catalog I enjoy.

"Hate" has to be reserved for something that has absolutely NO redeeming qualities... So I'll apply that word to the genres of black & death metal.

Several redeeming qualities to death metal.
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

PostSubject: Re: What bands do you HATE?   What bands do you HATE? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 09, 2009 1:00 pm

I agree Hate is too strong a word

I'll use Strongly Do Not Like Musically and these are in Order

Kings X- UGH!!! I like Faith Hope and Love but they do nothing for me This band got MEGA Over Hyped on me in the 90s When my Metalhead cousin chooses this band over the Mighty Deliverance something is wrong Kings X would probobly be #1

Judas Priest- I got one CD by them and outside of "breakin the law" they didnt do anything for me and as such I feel they are WAY WAY overhyped

Iron Maiden- Ive heard a song or two from Number of the Beast, I gotta say Im not real impressed with them, If it were not so over hyped I probobly would have an album or two as to me they sound alot like barren cross and i like Barren Cross. Hype tends to turn me off to some artists and bands.

Dream Theater- I have songs and a CDR of them while musicmanship they sound good its not a band I can get into
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: What bands do you HATE?   What bands do you HATE? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 09, 2009 1:17 pm

DeathCult wrote:
thrasher73 wrote:
I dont Hate any band.I admire any musicians ability but a few I just cant get into:

Motorhead
\

Shocked

Yep,thats the reaction I usually get Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What bands do you HATE?   What bands do you HATE? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 09, 2009 1:29 pm

thrasher73 wrote:
DeathCult wrote:
thrasher73 wrote:
I dont Hate any band.I admire any musicians ability but a few I just cant get into:

Motorhead
\

Shocked

Yep,thats the reaction I usually get Smile

Let's explore this a sec. thrasher, Have you heard the early stuff with Fast Eddie Clarke?
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Thrasher73

PostSubject: Re: What bands do you HATE?   What bands do you HATE? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 09, 2009 1:59 pm

I dont know much about them really other than the few songs I've heard.Lemmys voice just ruins it for me.He sounds like a dying calf in a hail storm.I know it seems crazy considering alot of the stuff I like but He just rubs me the wrong way I guess.
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: What bands do you HATE?   What bands do you HATE? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 09, 2009 2:00 pm

thrasher73 wrote:
I dont know much about them really other than the few songs I've heard.Lemmys voice just ruins it for me.He sounds like a dying calf in a hail storm.I know it seems crazy considering alot of the stuff I like but He just rubs me the wrong way I guess.

You owe it to yourself to at least hear, Overkill, Bomber or Ace Of Spades though. Fast Eddie era is unbeatable IMO
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
Hamer12
Metal master
Metal master
Hamer12

Number of posts : 828

PostSubject: Re: What bands do you HATE?   What bands do you HATE? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 09, 2009 2:05 pm

Aerosmith- sorry ult
Rolling Stones
Any band with the word "Boy" in the name
Eagles
Stevie Ray Vaughn
Kenny Wayne Shepard
Most hair metal
Kiss
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Thrasher73

PostSubject: Re: What bands do you HATE?   What bands do you HATE? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 09, 2009 2:06 pm

Yeah I've heard Overkill and Ace of Spades.Still the vocals ruin it.Sorry fellas,I'm too Hard Headed. Smile
Back to top Go down
SuprimuS
Metal student
Metal student
SuprimuS

Number of posts : 147

PostSubject: Re: What bands do you HATE?   What bands do you HATE? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 09, 2009 4:03 pm

weezer....
i just cant stand em.
Back to top Go down
jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: What bands do you HATE?   What bands do you HATE? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 09, 2009 5:12 pm

As personalitiies, Blink 182 I always found really irritating.
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

PostSubject: Re: What bands do you HATE?   What bands do you HATE? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 09, 2009 5:37 pm

I already mentioned the bands i dislike in my thread but ill add a few here.

Rollins Band
Dillinger Escape Plan
Job For a Cowboy
Tool(a top 15 most disliked)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What bands do you HATE?   What bands do you HATE? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 09, 2009 7:33 pm

Wow. Ok. So most of my favorite bands have been listed so far. So to just sidestep all those landmines, I'll just say - "anything that the kids are kicking and punching the air to nowdays".

And the Nuge.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: What bands do you HATE?   What bands do you HATE? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 09, 2009 7:36 pm

SAXON1500 wrote:
Wow. Ok. So most of my favorite bands have been listed so far. So to just sidestep all those landmines, I'll just say - "anything that the kids are kicking and punching the air to nowdays".

And the Nuge.

Half of my CD collection is cointained on the most hated artist thread.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: What bands do you HATE?   What bands do you HATE? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 09, 2009 10:33 pm

I can't say that I actually hate any band or artist. Two reasons. Hate is a very strong word and I can find at least one song to enjoy from any given band or artist. Just my 2 cents. Peace.
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

PostSubject: Re: What bands do you HATE?   What bands do you HATE? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 10, 2009 6:52 am

SAXON1500 wrote:

And the Nuge.

Anything that the kids are kicking and punching the air to nowadays - This made me laugh dont know why it just struck me funny But i think I can relate there
Back to top Go down
dirtracin1
Metal student
Metal student
dirtracin1

Number of posts : 140

PostSubject: Re: What bands do you HATE?   What bands do you HATE? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 10, 2009 3:52 pm

Lynyrd Skynyrd is one I cannot stand, and I live in the south.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: What bands do you HATE?   What bands do you HATE? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 10, 2009 4:44 pm

Nickelback
Forgot about them, but generally they fall into that style of modern rock I just don't like in general. Way overplayed on the radio here. Thing is, I don't even listen to the radio except at the gym where I don't have control of the music. I do like that song they recorded as a Tribute to Dime.

Shinedown
They get constant play on the radio here too and I don't like them at all.

Tool
Music is ok, but for some reason that guy's voice rubs me the wrong way.."Who are you too..." ARGH!

Superjoint Ritual

My view of this band is tainted by seeing them live and Phil Anselmo acting like a complete idiot on stage. "Fu** you! I am the new metal god you fu**ing fu**s". Whatever!

Nirvana
Grunge in general is not my thing, but this band in particular irritates me.

U2
Never could get into this band. Always seemed kind of "gay" to me. I know plenty of metal fans now, and from the 80's that liked them though.

The Eagles
Ok, I don't hate this band, I just could never get into their wimpy country rock sound. I'll take Blackfoot or Molly Hatchet over these guys any day of the week.

Linkin Park
Another band that probably just falls into that "styles I just don't care for" category. Still don't see why they are so popular.

Velvet Revolver
With a different vocalist, I know I would have liked these guys.

The Killers
My son and Rob's daughter loves these guys. They just irritate me.

Dashboard Confessional
The fact that I even know who this band is bugs me. My son is into them. Thankfully he is past the stage of playing the same album 100x over with them.

Demon Hunter
What is so great about this band? The vocals are montone, boring metalcore screaming. The music is ok, but nothing great. I don't get it.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

PostSubject: Re: What bands do you HATE?   What bands do you HATE? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 10, 2009 4:44 pm

I couldnt get into them when I lived in CT now I love them
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: What bands do you HATE?   What bands do you HATE? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 10, 2009 4:56 pm

Addy wrote:
I couldnt get into them when I lived in CT now I love them
Who?

Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: What bands do you HATE?   What bands do you HATE? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 10, 2009 7:00 pm

The new Sepultura. I didn't hate them until i found out how much eyesore likes them. just kidding
Back to top Go down
stepcousin
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stepcousin

Number of posts : 1268

PostSubject: Re: What bands do you HATE?   What bands do you HATE? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 11, 2009 7:47 am

I agree with those who say they dont really hate any band per se, but maybe dislike or dont get certain genres or types of music. In the rock/metal world, I suppose I dont really find death metal very appealing anymore and I dont get black metal at all. I'm not too fond of the 3rd wave 80's poser rock (late 80's power ballad bands like Winger, Warrant, White Lion, Mr.Big, etcc), although being a rock fan I would much rather listen to them than gansta rap or boy bands or the Spears/Aguilera/Avril Lavigne/ modern whiney girl music. I dabbled in alternative/grunge a bit (mustof temporarily lost my way) but I suppose I can tolerate the first wave of pioneering bands of the early 90's more than those that came after.
I can pretty much find some redeeming quality in just about anything I hear with the exception of the aforementioned gansta, boy bands and the modern whiney girl music.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: What bands do you HATE?   What bands do you HATE? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 11, 2009 8:40 am

ultmetal wrote:
Nickelback
Forgot about them, but generally they fall into that style of modern rock I just don't like in general. Way overplayed on the radio here. Thing is, I don't even listen to the radio except at the gym where I don't have control of the music. I do like that song they recorded as a Tribute to Dime.

Shinedown
They get constant play on the radio here too and I don't like them at all.

Tool
Music is ok, but for some reason that guy's voice rubs me the wrong way.."Who are you too..." ARGH!

Superjoint Ritual

My view of this band is tainted by seeing them live and Phil Anselmo acting like a complete idiot on stage. "Fu** you! I am the new metal god you fu**ing fu**s". Whatever!

Nirvana
Grunge in general is not my thing, but this band in particular irritates me.

U2
Never could get into this band. Always seemed kind of "gay" to me. I know plenty of metal fans now, and from the 80's that liked them though.

The Eagles
Ok, I don't hate this band, I just could never get into their wimpy country rock sound. I'll take Blackfoot or Molly Hatchet over these guys any day of the week.

Linkin Park
Another band that probably just falls into that "styles I just don't care for" category. Still don't see why they are so popular.

Velvet Revolver
With a different vocalist, I know I would have liked these guys.

The Killers
My son and Rob's daughter loves these guys. They just irritate me.

Dashboard Confessional
The fact that I even know who this band is bugs me. My son is into them. Thankfully he is past the stage of playing the same album 100x over with them.

Demon Hunter
What is so great about this band? The vocals are montone, boring metalcore screaming. The music is ok, but nothing great. I don't get it.

I agree with everything you said exept The Eagles and U2 whom i like.
Back to top Go down
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

Number of posts : 2096

PostSubject: Re: What bands do you HATE?   What bands do you HATE? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 11, 2009 11:00 am

Bruce Springsteen
Kiss
Twisted Sister
Most glam/sleeze bands
Most "in your face born again evengelical bands"
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/fragilegothband
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What bands do you HATE?   What bands do you HATE? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What bands do you HATE?
Page 2 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next