Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What bands do you HATE?

Go down 
+40
EvyMetal
Red Kitty
Mglaffas81
Am I Evil?
Gilbert
Sabbath In Solitude
mr.electric39
Chairman_Smith
YngwieDokkenfan
Lurideath
DallasBlack
akeldama
sonofthunder
powermacho
TH Joe
SAHB Healer
Schbopo
scottmitchell74
candlemass
stepcousin
dirtracin1
the sentinel
MetalRob331
jstate
SuprimuS
Hamer12
Addy
mc666
Metal Misfit
XYZ
Thrasher73
tohostudios
manny
sam
Troublezone
iamrockerfun
DeathCult
MetalGuy71
Fat Freddy
ultmetal
44 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

What bands do you HATE? Empty
PostSubject: What bands do you HATE?   What bands do you HATE? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 09, 2009 10:03 am

All the "hate" threads, I was wondering, what bands do you hate?

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: What bands do you HATE?   What bands do you HATE? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 09, 2009 10:04 am

"Hate" is too strong a word. I prefer to say I'm "aggressively disinterested" in certain bands/musicians. Laughing

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What bands do you HATE?   What bands do you HATE? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 09, 2009 10:08 am

Here are some bands I don't like at all.....

1. Nickleback
2. Daughtery
3. Iced Earth
4. Pantera
5. Warrant

I'm sure there is a lot more.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: What bands do you HATE?   What bands do you HATE? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 09, 2009 10:11 am

Wow. I'm surprised that you Ult, would start such a thread. You're one of the more positive people 'round these parts.

There's certainly bands that I don't like or understand their popularity, but like a few other members here, I don't see the point in creating more negativity or hostility. If I don't like 'em, I ain't listening to them.

Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: What bands do you HATE?   What bands do you HATE? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 09, 2009 10:11 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
"Hate" is too strong a word. I prefer to say I'm "aggressively disinterested" in certain bands/musicians. Laughing

I'm with you, I don't hate any band/artist, but there are many bands that I just don't get the appeal.

NIGHTWISH
I don't get it. If I want to listen to opera, I'll listen to opera. However, since I hate opera, I think I'll pass.

KORN
I tried. I really did. I still have Life is Peachy somewhere. I've spun it several times trying to understand the hype. I just don't like it.

ROD STEWART
Man, this guy's voice grates on me for some reason. He has ruined many otherwise good Jeff Beck albums for me.

Those are the first three that came to mind.

Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: What bands do you HATE?   What bands do you HATE? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 09, 2009 10:12 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Wow. I'm surprised that you Ult, would start such a thread. You're one of the more positive people 'round these parts.

There's certainly bands that I don't like or understand their popularity, but like a few other members here, I don't see the point in creating more negativity or hostility. If I don't like 'em, I ain't listening to them.

Not looking to start any hate fests, just wondering what other bands people dislike and why. There are several threads about "My 10 most hated bands" so instead of having multiple threads, I thought I'd put it all in one.

ult

PostSubject: Re: What bands do you HATE?   What bands do you HATE? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 09, 2009 10:13 am

I have been too harsh on Nightwish in the past, I haven't heard enough to really warrant my hatred. However, I'm right there with you on Korn, ult. Jeez, what a waste of good instruments.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: What bands do you HATE?   What bands do you HATE? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 09, 2009 10:16 am

I didn't bother to list any bands because I'm a picky b**tard and the list of stuff I'm "aggressively disinterested" in would be endless... suffice to say, just about anything that has passed for "hard music" on the radio over the past 15 years or so, most death metal, and anything remotely "black metal" or "metalcore" would make my list... but since I never bothered paying much attention to any of these genres, I am not truly knowledgeable enough about them to name any names...

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: What bands do you HATE?   What bands do you HATE? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 09, 2009 10:22 am

I can usually find something I like about most rock and metal bands. Most of the popular modern rock/pop bands don't appeal to me, but it's the style in general I don't like.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: What bands do you HATE?   What bands do you HATE? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 09, 2009 10:28 am

In a nutshell, 99 times out of 100, if a band has a WOOOOOAARRRRRGH style vocalist, I'm heading for the door. Laughing

Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: What bands do you HATE?   What bands do you HATE? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 09, 2009 10:55 am

spectrefate wrote:
Here are some bands I don't like at all.....

1. Nickleback
2. Daughtery
3. Iced Earth
4. Pantera
5. Warrant

I'm sure there is a lot more.

Ill second all of these. Plus, I dont like:
The Rollins Band
The Sex Pistols
The Who
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
iamrockerfun
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
iamrockerfun

Number of posts : 2003

PostSubject: Re: What bands do you HATE?   What bands do you HATE? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 09, 2009 11:00 am

Nirava
AiC
Pearl Jam
Korn
P.O.D
Slipknot
Nickelback
Puddle of Mud
Sammy Hagar
Glen Hughes

all grunge, nu-metal, hip-hop, (c)rap, disco, pop, radio friendly carp,
some of death trash power speed black pagan ... metal.
Back to top Go down
http://bootlegnightmare.euweb.cz/

PostSubject: Re: What bands do you HATE?   What bands do you HATE? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 09, 2009 11:05 am

DeathCult wrote:

The Rollins Band

When you ask me, this is the reason we are no longer friends.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: What bands do you HATE?   What bands do you HATE? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 09, 2009 11:06 am

Pretty much all Black Metal and most Nu-Metal. I really don't like the band Extreme for some reason and The Offspring suck too. There are a lot more but i can't think of them at the moment.

Last edited by troublezone on Fri Jan 09, 2009 11:07 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
sam
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
sam

Number of posts : 3012

PostSubject: Re: What bands do you HATE?   What bands do you HATE? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 09, 2009 11:06 am

the usuals...
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/samthebrutal
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: What bands do you HATE?   What bands do you HATE? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 09, 2009 11:07 am

Wow, deathcult , I love the Who, Sex Pistols and The Rollins Band, the Pistols and The Who would easily make my top 25 favorite band lists, hate is a strong word but my list would be as follows, and have some in common with Spec

1. Warrant-Never liked them, the songs were too by the number hair metal formula, and I think it is bands like this why Nirvana made it so huge, it was a rejection to bands like Warrant.

2. Nickleback-Music is watered down formulaic by the number modern rock AOR, music made for housewives and 13 year old virgins

3. Daughtery- same as above

4. Black Eyed Peas- Fake rap and r & b made for the junior high set.

5. The Eagles-very talented band but never liked them plus I feel that radio and rolling Stone magazine tried to shove them down our throats, not my cup of tea.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: What bands do you HATE?   What bands do you HATE? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 09, 2009 11:08 am

Dave Matthews Band
Coldplay
Phil Collins
Radiohead

DeathCult

PostSubject: Re: What bands do you HATE?   What bands do you HATE? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 09, 2009 11:09 am

spectrefate wrote:
DeathCult wrote:

The Rollins Band

When you ask me, this is the reason we are no longer friends.

Loved him in Black Flag, and his spoken word stuff. Just cant get into his solo career.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What bands do you HATE?   What bands do you HATE? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 09, 2009 11:10 am

tohostudios wrote:
Dave Matthews Band
Coldplay
Phil Collins
Radiohead

*clears throat* Ummm...Journey?
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: What bands do you HATE?   What bands do you HATE? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 09, 2009 11:15 am

I was not surprised alot of music fans listed Korn and Slipknot, I am fan of both but they are overrated by critics.

I like Rod Stewart's voice, and when he was in The Faces I thought he was great but as a solo artist he has made some of the most horrible music of any major artist to stagger out of the 60's, but I do like some of his solo material especially his early years.

Toho has made it very clear that he would rather have a date with Sharon Osbourne than to be subjected to Phil Collins or Dave Matthews Band on other threads.
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
DeathCult

PostSubject: Re: What bands do you HATE?   What bands do you HATE? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 09, 2009 11:17 am

Oh, another two:

Rod Stewart and Wings
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: What bands do you HATE?   What bands do you HATE? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 09, 2009 11:35 am

I dont Hate any band.I admire any musicians ability but a few I just cant get into:

Motorhead
Nightwish
Deicide
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
DeathCult

PostSubject: Re: What bands do you HATE?   What bands do you HATE? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 09, 2009 11:42 am

thrasher73 wrote:
I dont Hate any band.I admire any musicians ability but a few I just cant get into:

Motorhead
\

Shocked
Back to top Go down
XYZ
Card-carrying Van Halen Freak
XYZ

Number of posts : 2600

PostSubject: Re: What bands do you HATE?   What bands do you HATE? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 09, 2009 12:04 pm

I wouldn't say I hate these bands; I just don't "get" these bands.
Avenged Sevenfold
Hinder
Saving Abel
Nickelback
Seether
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: What bands do you HATE?   What bands do you HATE? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 09, 2009 12:08 pm

Hate is indeed a very strong word. Even bands that I really really dislike have at least one or two songs in their catalog I enjoy.

"Hate" has to be reserved for something that has absolutely NO redeeming qualities... So I'll apply that word to the genres of black & death metal.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What bands do you HATE?   What bands do you HATE? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What bands do you HATE?
Page 1 of 6Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next