Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New CANDLEMASS with Robert Lowe...

Go down 
+8
Thrasher73
Temple of Blood
stormspell
Mordor
mc666
GrandNational
kmorg
Rex
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage

New CANDLEMASS with Robert Lowe... Empty
PostSubject: New CANDLEMASS with Robert Lowe...   New CANDLEMASS with Robert Lowe... Icon_minitimeThu Apr 26, 2007 11:16 am

The album is called King Of Grey Islands...

AND IT KILLS!!!! 🤘

Man, I love promos... Cool
Back to top Go down
Rex
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Rex

Number of posts : 2056

PostSubject: Re: New CANDLEMASS with Robert Lowe...   New CANDLEMASS with Robert Lowe... Icon_minitimeThu Apr 26, 2007 12:03 pm

goooood stuff. C-Mass's best album in yeeearrrs
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New CANDLEMASS with Robert Lowe...   New CANDLEMASS with Robert Lowe... Icon_minitimeThu Apr 26, 2007 12:16 pm

Rexorcist wrote:
goooood stuff. C-Mass's best album in yeeearrrs

Word. Cool
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: New CANDLEMASS with Robert Lowe...   New CANDLEMASS with Robert Lowe... Icon_minitimeThu Apr 26, 2007 12:48 pm

Looking forward to it

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

PostSubject: Re: New CANDLEMASS with Robert Lowe...   New CANDLEMASS with Robert Lowe... Icon_minitimeThu Apr 26, 2007 1:46 pm

Can't wait. It's the perfect marriage of two Doom legends.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: New CANDLEMASS with Robert Lowe...   New CANDLEMASS with Robert Lowe... Icon_minitimeThu Apr 26, 2007 1:48 pm

anything with Lowe on it is going to shine. best d*mn vocalist in doom!

PostSubject: Re: New CANDLEMASS with Robert Lowe...   New CANDLEMASS with Robert Lowe... Icon_minitimeThu Apr 26, 2007 2:09 pm

Bah! I got this album last week as a promo, didn't mention it because I didn't know if it had leaked or not. Apparently it has.

And yes, the album is outstanding! Much heavier than I expected. Lowe's vocals are superb, as always.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

PostSubject: Re: New CANDLEMASS with Robert Lowe...   New CANDLEMASS with Robert Lowe... Icon_minitimeFri Apr 27, 2007 12:41 am

i am listening to it now... fantastic! i like how Rob is singing more aggressively than he did on SA's Alone album. it fits Candlemass's style better than is softer more melodic approach.

not to say he still isn't melodic.

Mordor
Metal student
Metal student
Mordor

Number of posts : 123

PostSubject: Re: New CANDLEMASS with Robert Lowe...   New CANDLEMASS with Robert Lowe... Icon_minitimeFri Apr 27, 2007 5:20 am

Yes I have had this for a while now and still can't stop listening to it. Rob's vovals are outstanding. Can't wait to get the proper thing and have a GOOD listen to it 🤘
Back to top Go down
http://www.powerofmetal.dk

PostSubject: Re: New CANDLEMASS with Robert Lowe...   New CANDLEMASS with Robert Lowe... Icon_minitimeFri Apr 27, 2007 8:12 pm

OK HOW????? do you guys have this? I am one of those sorry saps who has to wait till June?

I am one who downloads veryy little as far as torrents go, cause I will still purchase the album to support a band. Even then I cant find this out there.

How did you score the early promo?

UGH!!! :faint:

:D
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

PostSubject: Re: New CANDLEMASS with Robert Lowe...   New CANDLEMASS with Robert Lowe... Icon_minitimeFri Apr 27, 2007 10:21 pm

torrent, check piratebay.org

but please be sure & buy it when it comes out. bands need our support to stay alive.

PostSubject: Re: New CANDLEMASS with Robert Lowe...   New CANDLEMASS with Robert Lowe... Icon_minitimeFri Apr 27, 2007 10:41 pm

I'm a reviewer, but I also know a million people in the music industry. My place is littered with promos. I get some almost every day.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New CANDLEMASS with Robert Lowe...   New CANDLEMASS with Robert Lowe... Icon_minitimeSat Apr 28, 2007 2:22 pm

Thanks for the help, I managed to get my grubby hands on it Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New CANDLEMASS with Robert Lowe...   New CANDLEMASS with Robert Lowe... Icon_minitimeSun May 06, 2007 11:15 am

I am looking forward to hearing this ! It's a shame about Messiah, but
I'm not going to write Candlemass off becuase of his departure.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New CANDLEMASS with Robert Lowe...   New CANDLEMASS with Robert Lowe... Icon_minitimeSun May 06, 2007 11:32 am

VoreLord wrote:
I am looking forward to hearing this ! It's a shame about Messiah, but
I'm not going to write Candlemass off becuase of his departure.
Are you in Vore? If so, I tried to book you guys at some shithole called The Closet in Sherwood way back in the day.

Anyway, the new Candlemass is outstanding.
Back to top Go down
stormspell
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stormspell

Number of posts : 1593

PostSubject: Re: New CANDLEMASS with Robert Lowe...   New CANDLEMASS with Robert Lowe... Icon_minitimeSun May 06, 2007 5:43 pm

I checked the promo, but for some reason it wont click with me. I constantly imagined what it would have sounded with Messiah and this wiped off the listening pleasure instantly...

Dont get me wrong, Lowe is a great singer, but no one can fill Messiah's shoes for me, so its my loss for not getting into this album I guess...
Back to top Go down
http://www.cdbaby.com/all/stormspell

PostSubject: Re: New CANDLEMASS with Robert Lowe...   New CANDLEMASS with Robert Lowe... Icon_minitimeSun May 06, 2007 6:30 pm

Eyesore wrote:
Are you in Vore? If so, I tried to book you guys at
some shithole called The Closet in Sherwood way back in the day.

Yes ! Small world huh ? Are you still down in that neck of the state ?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New CANDLEMASS with Robert Lowe...   New CANDLEMASS with Robert Lowe... Icon_minitimeSun May 06, 2007 6:44 pm

VoreLord wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
Are you in Vore? If so, I tried to book you guys at
some shithole called The Closet in Sherwood way back in the day.
Yes ! Small world huh ? Are you still down in that neck of the state ?
No. I was in the Air Force. I was stationed there from 1995 to 2000. Lots of killer bands from down there, surprisingly.
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: New CANDLEMASS with Robert Lowe...   New CANDLEMASS with Robert Lowe... Icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2007 1:08 pm

stormspell wrote:
I checked the promo, but for some reason it wont click with me. I constantly imagined what it would have sounded with Messiah and this wiped off the listening pleasure instantly...

Dont get me wrong, Lowe is a great singer, but no one can fill Messiah's shoes for me, so its my loss for not getting into this album I guess...

My words exactly!!! Could not have said it better myself!

That said though, the music is CLASSIC Candlemass!

PostSubject: Re: New CANDLEMASS with Robert Lowe...   New CANDLEMASS with Robert Lowe... Icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2007 1:15 pm

Lowe is the MAN on this album!!!
Back to top Go down
Rex
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Rex

PostSubject: Re: New CANDLEMASS with Robert Lowe...   New CANDLEMASS with Robert Lowe... Icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2007 1:36 pm

Robert destroys Messiah's vocals with ease.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New CANDLEMASS with Robert Lowe...   New CANDLEMASS with Robert Lowe... Icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2007 11:15 pm

Rexorcist wrote:
Thank you! I keep reading all this talk about Messiah being the more powerful and better vocalist. Pffft! Messiah is a one-trick pony compared to Lowe. Don't get me wrong, Messiah has an outstanding voice, but Lowe has a stunning voice. And his range and diversity in tones is far better.
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: New CANDLEMASS with Robert Lowe...   New CANDLEMASS with Robert Lowe... Icon_minitimeFri Jun 29, 2007 12:23 am

It'll take a lot to convince me Lowe is better in Candlemass than Messiah was.

I love Messiah's work both in Candlemass and Memento Mori.

Never heard any SA that I thought sounded better than average.

I'll give the new album a shot but I doubt it'll be that good. This is the only board I have seen that is raving about how good it is.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

PostSubject: Re: New CANDLEMASS with Robert Lowe...   New CANDLEMASS with Robert Lowe... Icon_minitimeFri Jun 29, 2007 12:28 am

Eyesore wrote:
Rexorcist wrote:
Thank you! I keep reading all this talk about Messiah being the more powerful and better vocalist. Pffft! Messiah is a one-trick pony compared to Lowe. Don't get me wrong, Messiah has an outstanding voice, but Lowe has a stunning voice. And his range and diversity in tones is far better.
perfectly put. i liked everything Messiah did with both Candlemass & Memento Mori... however, Rob Lowe reigns supreme!

Rex
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Rex

PostSubject: Re: New CANDLEMASS with Robert Lowe...   New CANDLEMASS with Robert Lowe... Icon_minitimeFri Jun 29, 2007 7:42 am

ToB, I've not seen ANY board NOT raving about how awesome the new album with Robert is.
I still say that Messiah sounds like a rabid billy goat when his sings. The dude is good, but he's waaaaay overrated IMO.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New CANDLEMASS with Robert Lowe...   New CANDLEMASS with Robert Lowe... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New CANDLEMASS with Robert Lowe...
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next