Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Robert Palmer

Go down 
+2
manny
Troublezone
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

Robert Palmer Empty
PostSubject: Robert Palmer   Robert Palmer Icon_minitimeWed May 27, 2009 8:58 am

Always liked his version of T. Rex's Get It On (Bang A Gong). R.I.P.
Back to top Go down

Robert Palmer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Robert Palmer   Robert Palmer Icon_minitimeWed May 27, 2009 9:08 am

When I was 9 years old I used to go around singing: "Doctor, Doctor, give me the news, I got a bad case of lovin' you." They played that song on the radio every 3 minutes.

That initial Power Station album is quite good (mostly for the monster drummer).
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

Robert Palmer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Robert Palmer   Robert Palmer Icon_minitimeWed May 27, 2009 9:47 am

I liked him in Power Station, his solo material is really hit and miss, but what I really liked about Robert Palmer was his videos featuring all those hot babes.
Back to top Go down
7thSaviour
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
7thSaviour

Number of posts : 2206

Robert Palmer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Robert Palmer   Robert Palmer Icon_minitimeThu May 28, 2009 11:28 am

RIP, Mr. Palmer! I loved his hits! 10/10
Back to top Go down
rattpoison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

Number of posts : 2682

Robert Palmer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Robert Palmer   Robert Palmer Icon_minitimeThu May 28, 2009 9:54 pm

Everyone needs to check out Robert's early band Vinegar Joe and in particular frontwoman Elkie Brooks, one of the great hidden secrets of the early 70's.......

Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Robert Palmer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Robert Palmer   Robert Palmer Icon_minitimeThu May 28, 2009 11:40 pm

I just discovered Vinegar Joe and Elkie Brooks thanks to Classic Rock Magazine's giving her a shout out as one of the great and overlooked vocalist of the 70's.

Funny enough no mention was made of Robert Palmer being a member of Vinegar Joe.
Back to top Go down
rattpoison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

Number of posts : 2682

Robert Palmer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Robert Palmer   Robert Palmer Icon_minitimeFri May 29, 2009 12:09 am

Yeah Elkie is one hell of a white rock/soul singer, kinda like the female Steve Marriott......a bit of hell raiser back in the day too apparently!

They should of mentioned Palmer in relation to VJ because he was the main driving force behind the band. Wrote alot of the songs and shared lead vocal with Elkie.
Back to top Go down
XYZ
Card-carrying Van Halen Freak
XYZ

Number of posts : 2600

Robert Palmer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Robert Palmer   Robert Palmer Icon_minitimeFri May 29, 2009 12:14 am

I always thought "Simply Irresistible" was a heavy song.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

Robert Palmer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Robert Palmer   Robert Palmer Icon_minitimeFri May 29, 2009 7:02 am

xyz wrote:
I always thought "Simply Irresistible" was a heavy song.

Do you like the sample of the sword hitting the steele sound? Laughing
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Robert Palmer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Robert Palmer   Robert Palmer Icon_minitimeFri May 29, 2009 10:48 am

rattpoison wrote:
Yeah Elkie is one hell of a white rock/soul singer, kinda like the female Steve Marriott......a bit of hell raiser back in the day too apparently!

They should of mentioned Palmer in relation to VJ because he was the main driving force behind the band. Wrote alot of the songs and shared lead vocal with Elkie.

If you had not mentioned Robert Palmer I would never have known that he not only was a member but the creative force in the band. It is a shame that this band got lost to rock history.
Back to top Go down
Getizzyback
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Getizzyback

Number of posts : 428

Robert Palmer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Robert Palmer   Robert Palmer Icon_minitimeSat May 30, 2009 5:03 pm

Love those Palmer videos, because quite frankly, I'm gonna
have to face it....I'm Addicted To Love!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Robert Palmer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Robert Palmer   Robert Palmer Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Robert Palmer
Page 1 of 1