Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Best BEATLES covers...

Go down 
+10
Chairman_Smith
stepcousin
MetalGuy71
SAHB Healer
AchrisK
mc666
Temple of Blood
Fat Freddy
Shiney
ultmetal
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

The Best BEATLES covers... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Best BEATLES covers...   The Best BEATLES covers... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 20, 2007 11:51 am

Rexorcist wrote:
Chairman_Smith wrote:
I've been planning on getting that Butchering The Beatles tribute.... Lemmy on Back In The USSR is really getting my attention.

I thought that album was horrible.

I want to pick it up. Most reviews I've read were luke-warm at best. Hard-core Beatles fans think is sacraligious, while rock fans seemed indifferent, chalking it up as another bad/overdone tribute album. I dig all the artists on it and I love the Beatles, so it's the best of both worlds for me.
Back to top Go down
Rex
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Rex

Number of posts : 2056

PostSubject: Re: The Best BEATLES covers...   The Best BEATLES covers... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 20, 2007 11:55 am

I'd try and preview it first. I wouldn't consider myself a Beatles fan at all, but I do enjoy their music. And I LOVE cover songs. And I like several of the people involved, but man.....it was just ......bad.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: The Best BEATLES covers...   The Best BEATLES covers... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 20, 2007 12:02 pm

Rexorcist wrote:
I'd try and preview it first. I wouldn't consider myself a Beatles fan at all, but I do enjoy their music. And I LOVE cover songs. And I like several of the people involved, but man.....it was just ......bad.

I've heard some clips and based on some of the reviews, I'm in no rush to get it. I'm too cheap to buy it new at FYE for $20, but if one pops up in the used bins or on eBay, I'm right there.
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: The Best BEATLES covers...   The Best BEATLES covers... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 20, 2007 12:08 pm

Does Guns 'n' Roses cover of "Live and Let Die" count? Razz

It's Beatles-related.... ehehe

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: The Best BEATLES covers...   The Best BEATLES covers... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 20, 2007 2:06 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
Anybody here like Beatallica? They mash up Metallica and Beatles songs together, like "Sgt. Hetfield's Motorbreath Pub Band," "Leper Madonna," and "Blackened The USSR"... totally hilarious stuff.

Big fan!! I was just listening to my cdr of them a week or so ago. The singer has that James Hetfield "Yea-AAA" down to a T.

Funny that I mentioned Beatallica this morning, and then saw this on Blabbermouth just now...they're finally going to release a legitimate CD!

BEATALLICA To Release 'Sgt. Hetfield's Motorbreath Pub Band' In July - Apr. 20, 2007

Although THE BEATLES certainly had some "heavy" moments ("Helter Skelter", "Revolution" or "I Want You (She's So Heavy)", anyone?), they are certainly not considered a metal band. And on the other side of the coin, METALLICA is not considered a pop band. But then along comes BEATALLICA, and the lines between both acts have been erased — as heard throughout their first official, "Sgt. Hetfield's Motorbreath Pub Band". Comprised of members Jaymz Lennfield (vocals, guitar), Grg Hammettson (guitar), Kliff McBurtney (bass), and Ringo Larz (drums), BEATALLICA has been converting naysayers into believers for years by this point — having made fans throughout the world, and also with such renowned headbangers as DREAM THEATER's Mike Portnoy and ANTHRAX's Scott Ian.
Originally coming to the attention of headbangers everywhere with their initial Internet phenomenon story, the quartet has signed on with Oglio Records to release "Sgt. Hetfield's Motorbreath Pub Band" on July 10. As evidenced by such song titles as "And Justice For All My Loving", "Leper Madonna", and "Ktulu (He's So Heavy)", the quartet's knack for combining both these music giants together remains as sharp as ever. Not just a studio creation, BEATALLICA has amassed a huge following — known as the Beatallibangers — throughout the world due to their fun, hard rocking live show, as they've played shows with such metal heavy weights as Motorhead, and have even headlined open-air festivals themselves. Further U.S. and Euro live dates beckon, as well as video clips for "Revol-ooh-tion" and "A Garage Dayz Nite".
"Sgt. Hetfield's Motorbreath Pub Band" track listing:
01. Sgt. Hetfield's Motorbreath Pub Band
02. Revol-ooh-tion
03. Blackened In The U.S.S.R.
04. Sandman
05. Helvester of Skelter
06. A Garage Dayz Nite
07. Anesthesia (I'm Only Sleeping)
08. Leper Madonna
09. Ktulu (He's So Heavy)
10. For Horsemen
11. Hey Dude
12. Sgt. Hetfield's (Reprise)
13. And Justice For All My Loving
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: The Best BEATLES covers...   The Best BEATLES covers... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 20, 2007 2:40 pm

S
MetalGuy71 wrote:
Rexorcist wrote:
Chairman_Smith wrote:
I've been planning on getting that Butchering The Beatles tribute.... Lemmy on Back In The USSR is really getting my attention.

I thought that album was horrible.

I want to pick it up. Most reviews I've read were luke-warm at best. Hard-core Beatles fans think is sacraligious, while rock fans seemed indifferent, chalking it up as another bad/overdone tribute album. I dig all the artists on it and I love the Beatles, so it's the best of both worlds for me.

If anyone gets this, send me an MP3 of Back In The USSR w/ Lemmy. Gotta have that. 🤘
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Best BEATLES covers...   The Best BEATLES covers... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 20, 2007 2:44 pm

Beatallica is cool, but they get old real quick. Definitely a novelty band.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Best BEATLES covers...   The Best BEATLES covers... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 24, 2007 1:55 pm

Type O Negative's Day Tripper/If I Needed Someone/I Want You (She's So Heavy) medley

I just saw them live a couple of days ago and they opened with Magical Mystery Tour which was cool too.

Zakk Wylde's cover of Come Together was good.
Back to top Go down
SAHB Healer
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
SAHB Healer

Number of posts : 2793

PostSubject: Re: The Best BEATLES covers...   The Best BEATLES covers... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 24, 2007 6:55 pm

Hey, as stated above, I tend to hate Beatles covers, with a couple of exceptions. But Ironically over the weekend I was reminded of my favorite, by the old band "Lone Star" (not the current country band.) They did a great version of "She's Making Me Fell Like I've Never Been Born". It's not metal, but metal related as Paul Chapman (UFO) and John Sloman (Uriah Heeep) were in the band.
Back to top Go down
rattpoison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

Number of posts : 2682

PostSubject: Re: The Best BEATLES covers...   The Best BEATLES covers... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 27, 2007 8:39 am

Love/Hate recorded a brilliant version of I'am The Walrus off their I'm Not Happy album from 1995.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Best BEATLES covers...   The Best BEATLES covers... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 27, 2007 10:09 am

One awesome track that has not been mentioned is

Johnny Lima - Help.
Back to top Go down
TrogDawn
Janitor of the Void
TrogDawn

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: The Best BEATLES covers...   The Best BEATLES covers... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 29, 2007 4:59 pm

AEROSMITH - Come Together
AEROSMITH - I'm Down
ARISE - A Hard Day's Night
RAY CHARLES - Eleanor Rigby (good call, Stig! Brotha Ray rules!)
CHEAP TRICK - Magical Mystery Tour
JOE COCKER - With a Little Help From My Friends
PHIL COLLINS - Tomorrow Never Knows
ALICE COOPER/BEE GEES - Because
CROSBY, STILLS & NASH - Blackbird
RICHIE HAVENS - Here Comes the Sun
JEFF HEALEY - While My Guitar Gently Weeps
JIMI HENDRIX - Sergeant Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band
PHIL KEAGGY/PFR - We Can Work it Out
KING'S X - I Saw Her Standing There
KEVIN MAX - Birthday
BOBBY McFERRIN - Drive My Car
MORTAL - Nowhere Man
MOTLEY CRUE - Helter Skelter
TED NUGENT - I Want to Tell You
OZZY OSBOURNE - In My Life
OVERWHELMING COLORFAST - She Said, She Said
THE RESIDENTS - Beyond the Valley of a Day in the Life
SIOUXSIE & THE BANSHEES - Dear Prudence
TROUBLE - Come Together
TROUBLE - Tomorrow Never Knows
TYPE O NEGATIVE - Day Tripper/If I Needed Someone/I Want You (She's So Heavy)
VIOLET BURNING - It's All Too Much
FRANK ZAPPA - I Am the Walrus
FRANK ZAPPA - Norwegian Wood (aka Texas Motel)
FRANK ZAPPA - Lucy in the Sky With Diamonds (aka Louisana Hooker With Herpes)
Back to top Go down
https://bandcamp.com/stonegrooverecords/following

PostSubject: Re: The Best BEATLES covers...   The Best BEATLES covers... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 31, 2007 11:05 am

dUg Pinnick - Taxman
Night Ranger - Tomorrow Never Knows
Sarah McLachlan - Blackbird
U2 - Helter Skelter
Dokken - Nowhere Man
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Best BEATLES covers...   The Best BEATLES covers... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 31, 2007 11:05 am

Huh?
Back to top Go down
TrogDawn
Janitor of the Void
TrogDawn

PostSubject: Re: The Best BEATLES covers...   The Best BEATLES covers... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 31, 2007 11:10 am

Shawn Of Fire wrote:

Huh?
I have a disc of some rarities that has a live version of that as well as them covering "Here Comes the Sun".
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Best BEATLES covers...   The Best BEATLES covers... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 31, 2007 11:12 am

*drool*

We need to get that trade happening!!!

I have 4 CD's of KX rarities, and those are not on any of them...
Back to top Go down
TrogDawn
Janitor of the Void
TrogDawn

PostSubject: Re: The Best BEATLES covers...   The Best BEATLES covers... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 31, 2007 11:22 am

Ah, the wonders that existed back in the heyday of Napster and Audiogalaxy! Very Happy

Here's the tracks I have on that comp:

1. Freedom
2. I Change My Mind
3. Pretend (acoustic)
4. Shot of Love (acoustic)
5. Junior's Gone Wild
6. Here Comes the Sun
7. I Saw Her Standing There (live)
8. The Big Picture (live)
9. Looking for Love (live)
10. Two

and an mp3 of them doing "Revolution" by the Beatles.

I also have a few mp3's from the pre-King's X, SNEAK PREVUE album:

1. King
2. They Don't Write Them like That Anymore
3. The Door
4. Message in a Bottle
5. Johnny

Lemme know if you want all of those too. Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Best BEATLES covers...   The Best BEATLES covers... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 31, 2007 11:36 am

1. Freedom
2. I Change My Mind
3. Pretend (acoustic)
4. Shot of Love (acoustic)
5. Junior's Gone Wild
8. The Big Picture (live)
9. Looking for Love (live)
10. Two

Now these I have...also have a song called "Quality Control", which was the original version of "Happy" from Tape Head...

Plus a bunch of live stuff, radio performances, demos, etc.
Back to top Go down
TrogDawn
Janitor of the Void
TrogDawn

PostSubject: Re: The Best BEATLES covers...   The Best BEATLES covers... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 31, 2007 11:49 pm

I'll throw the tracks you don't have on a disc for you.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: The Best BEATLES covers...   The Best BEATLES covers... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 04, 2007 9:51 am

One I forgot about:
Enola Gay - Eleanor Rigby

PostSubject: Re: The Best BEATLES covers...   The Best BEATLES covers... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 04, 2007 10:04 am

Arch Rival (Michael Harris's band) do Revolution also.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Best BEATLES covers...   The Best BEATLES covers... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 04, 2007 10:52 am

TrogDawn wrote:
I'll throw the tracks you don't have on a disc for you.

humble
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Best BEATLES covers...   The Best BEATLES covers... - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Best BEATLES covers...
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2