Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Best BEATLES covers...

Go down 
+10
Chairman_Smith
stepcousin
MetalGuy71
SAHB Healer
AchrisK
mc666
Temple of Blood
Fat Freddy
Shiney
ultmetal
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

The Best BEATLES covers... Empty
PostSubject: The Best BEATLES covers...   The Best BEATLES covers... Icon_minitimeThu Apr 19, 2007 8:24 pm

I never was a big fan of the Beatles, but there have been some awesome
Beatles covers by metal/hard rock bands. List some of the best.

"I Want You (She's so Heavy)" -Coroner

"Come Together" Aerosmith

"Eleanor Rigby" - Realm
Back to top Go down
Shiney
Scarred But Smarter
Scarred But Smarter
Shiney

Number of posts : 3487

PostSubject: Re: The Best BEATLES covers...   The Best BEATLES covers... Icon_minitimeThu Apr 19, 2007 8:44 pm

"Oh Darling"- LONDON

"Come Together"- TROUBLE

"Helter Skelter"- MOTLEY CRUE

"Dear prudence"- TROUBLE TRIBE

"We Can Work It Out"- TESLA

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: The Best BEATLES covers...   The Best BEATLES covers... Icon_minitimeThu Apr 19, 2007 8:48 pm

Trouble - Tomorrow Never Knows

Trouble has recorded a pretty killer cover of the Beatles' "Come Together" too (you can download it from their web site)
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: The Best BEATLES covers...   The Best BEATLES covers... Icon_minitimeThu Apr 19, 2007 11:16 pm

REALM!!!!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Best BEATLES covers...   The Best BEATLES covers... Icon_minitimeThu Apr 19, 2007 11:42 pm

Yeah, Tesla's "We Can Work It Out" is great. I also really like the following:

Zakk Wylde - Come Together
Wastefall - Help!
Lana Lane - Across The Universe

And I actually can't think of any more. Haha.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: The Best BEATLES covers...   The Best BEATLES covers... Icon_minitimeFri Apr 20, 2007 12:18 am

Dimension Zero - Helter Skelter (the best Beatles song ever)

AchrisK
Metal master
Metal master
AchrisK

Number of posts : 975

PostSubject: Re: The Best BEATLES covers...   The Best BEATLES covers... Icon_minitimeFri Apr 20, 2007 12:54 am

ultmetal wrote:

"Eleanor Rigby" - Realm

YES! Both excellent. I just got Coroner - s/t recently, and that track just killz!!

I gotta add, I always did like the Crue cover of Helter Skelter too.

ack
Back to top Go down
SAHB Healer
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
SAHB Healer

Number of posts : 2793

PostSubject: Re: The Best BEATLES covers...   The Best BEATLES covers... Icon_minitimeFri Apr 20, 2007 2:41 am

I dislike Beatles covers so much that I actually burned myself a copy of the Coroner Mental Vortex CD that left "She's So Heavy" off; and traded the original disc to Ult. This is true. That being said, there is a version of "Come Together" done by the old Hard Krautrock band Kin Ping Meh (second album) that I actually like. It's done in a heavy sort of stop/start mode, that reminds me of Black Sabbath/ Wizzard.
Jimi Hendrix's old drummer Noel Redding's band also did a version of "eleanor rigby" that didn't make me puke for some reason; I think it's because they altered the arrangement pretty drastically.
But for the most part having a beatles cover ruins a CD for me. The NWOBHM band Ethel the Frog is one that comes to mind.
Back to top Go down
SAHB Healer
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
SAHB Healer

Number of posts : 2793

PostSubject: Re: The Best BEATLES covers...   The Best BEATLES covers... Icon_minitimeFri Apr 20, 2007 2:50 am

I should add that Trouble's "Manic Frustration" was such a great album that it was Beatles proof. That is to say, un-ruinable. It does help that "Tomorrow never knows" isn't one of the songs that I heard against my will once an hour during my entire childhood. Yes; I have Post Traumatic Stress from growing up in the Beatles era. It's tragic. (LOL-maniacally).
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: The Best BEATLES covers...   The Best BEATLES covers... Icon_minitimeFri Apr 20, 2007 8:13 am

Temple of Blood wrote:
REALM!!!!!!

D'OH! I can't believe I didn't bring up Realm's "Eleanor Rigby" myself. That song has been a running gag between a friend and I for years now. Whenever we get to talking about old thrash bands, if one of us brings up Realm, the other will invariably go "WAAAAAAAAAA! Lookatallthelonelypeople! WAAAAAAAAA! Lookatallthelonelypeople!"
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: The Best BEATLES covers...   The Best BEATLES covers... Icon_minitimeFri Apr 20, 2007 8:51 am

"Because" - Alice Cooper (off the terrible Sgt. Peppers Movie Sdtrk)
"I'm Down" - Aerosmith

and though it's not metal or hard rock,
"Tomorrow Never Knows" - Phil Collins

PostSubject: Re: The Best BEATLES covers...   The Best BEATLES covers... Icon_minitimeFri Apr 20, 2007 8:59 am

Actually, of all people, Ray Charles did a decent cover of "Eleanor Rigby."

But as far as metal bands...Motley Crue did what they could with "Helter Skelter," as did Rosetta Stone (and the "Strawberry Fields Forever" reference in "One Angel" is adorable).

Anything Trouble touches is gold.

An unsung Christian Rock variation: I remember Veil (of Ashes)'s cover of "Norwegian Wood" as being particularly good.

Other than that, I like The Damned's cover of "Help."

)+(
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: The Best BEATLES covers...   The Best BEATLES covers... Icon_minitimeFri Apr 20, 2007 10:17 am

Eyesore wrote:
Yeah, Tesla's "We Can Work It Out" is great. I also really like the following:

Zakk Wylde - Come Together
Wastefall - Help!
Lana Lane - Across The Universe

And I actually can't think of any more. Haha.

When did Zakk record "Come Together"? I've never heard that one.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: The Best BEATLES covers...   The Best BEATLES covers... Icon_minitimeFri Apr 20, 2007 10:21 am

Does anyone have "Butchering the Beatles"? It came out a few months ago. Basically a tribute album with a bunch of rockers covering Beatles.

http://www.amazon.com/Butchering-Beatles-Headbashing-Various-Artists/dp/B000ICMF58
Back to top Go down
stepcousin
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stepcousin

Number of posts : 1268

PostSubject: Re: The Best BEATLES covers...   The Best BEATLES covers... Icon_minitimeFri Apr 20, 2007 10:44 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Does anyone have "Butchering the Beatles"? It came out a few months ago. Basically a tribute album with a bunch of rockers covering Beatles.

[url=http://www.amazon.com/Butchering-Beatles-Headbashing-Various-Artists/dp/B000ICMF58
http://www.amazon.com/Butchering-Beatles-Headbashing-Various-Artists/dp/B000ICMF58[/quote[/url]]

yeah, its got tons of guys on it, Lemmy, Alice Cooper, etc...
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: The Best BEATLES covers...   The Best BEATLES covers... Icon_minitimeFri Apr 20, 2007 10:47 am

Anybody here like Beatallica? They mash up Metallica and Beatles songs together, like "Sgt. Hetfield's Motorbreath Pub Band," "Leper Madonna," and "Blackened The USSR"... totally hilarious stuff.
Back to top Go down
Chairman_Smith
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Chairman_Smith

Number of posts : 1636

PostSubject: Re: The Best BEATLES covers...   The Best BEATLES covers... Icon_minitimeFri Apr 20, 2007 10:54 am

ultmetal wrote:

"Eleanor Rigby" - Realm

I was always surprised to see you don't own ANYTHING by the Beatles, I thought you'd at least have an Anthology or something, ah well.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: The Best BEATLES covers...   The Best BEATLES covers... Icon_minitimeFri Apr 20, 2007 11:12 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
Anybody here like Beatallica? They mash up Metallica and Beatles songs together, like "Sgt. Hetfield's Motorbreath Pub Band," "Leper Madonna," and "Blackened The USSR"... totally hilarious stuff.

Big fan!! I was just listening to my cdr of them a week or so ago. The singer has that James Hetfield "Yea-AAA" down to a T.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: The Best BEATLES covers...   The Best BEATLES covers... Icon_minitimeFri Apr 20, 2007 11:13 am

Chairman_Smith wrote:
ultmetal wrote:

"Eleanor Rigby" - Realm

I was always surprised to see you don't own ANYTHING by the Beatles, I thought you'd at least have an Anthology or something, ah well.

My teenage son is a big Beatles fan. He has some of their CDs. I may get Sgt. Peppers or the White Album one of these days.
Back to top Go down
Chairman_Smith
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Chairman_Smith

PostSubject: Re: The Best BEATLES covers...   The Best BEATLES covers... Icon_minitimeFri Apr 20, 2007 11:18 am

ultmetal wrote:
Chairman_Smith wrote:
ultmetal wrote:

"Eleanor Rigby" - Realm

My teenage son is a big Beatles fan. He has some of their CDs. I may get Sgt. Peppers or the White Album one of these days.

To be honest, I don't have any either, I steal em from my pothead roommate haha. I might get some when they stop pricing them so ridiculously.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: The Best BEATLES covers...   The Best BEATLES covers... Icon_minitimeFri Apr 20, 2007 11:20 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:

Big fan!! I was just listening to my cdr of them a week or so ago. The singer has that James Hetfield "Yea-AAA" down to a T.

He sure does! It's almost scary how much he sounds like "Jaymz." When those Beatallica tracks first started making the rounds a few years ago there was a rumor that it actually WAS the Metallica guys goofing around!

Beatallica's track "Everybody's Got A Ticket To Ride Except For Me And My Lightning" is one of the best song titles EVER. Smile
Back to top Go down
Rex
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Rex

Number of posts : 2056

PostSubject: Re: The Best BEATLES covers...   The Best BEATLES covers... Icon_minitimeFri Apr 20, 2007 11:23 am

Type O Negative's beatles cover tune on "World Coming Down" is awesome!
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: The Best BEATLES covers...   The Best BEATLES covers... Icon_minitimeFri Apr 20, 2007 11:31 am

Anyone familiar with Yellow Matter Custard? Mike Portnoy (Dream Theater), Paul Gilbert (Racer X, Mr. Big), Matt Bissonette and Neal Morse did a few live show where they played a whole set of Beatles tunes. They have a cd and dvd out of the performances. It's pretty awesome as they covered some of the more obscure Beatles tunes, but threw in some hits as well. They stick fairly close to the originals, except during "While My Guitar Gently Weeps", where Paul shows off a little.
Back to top Go down
Chairman_Smith
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Chairman_Smith

PostSubject: Re: The Best BEATLES covers...   The Best BEATLES covers... Icon_minitimeFri Apr 20, 2007 11:34 am

I've been planning on getting that Butchering The Beatles tribute.... Lemmy on Back In The USSR is really getting my attention.
Back to top Go down
Rex
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Rex

Number of posts : 2056

PostSubject: Re: The Best BEATLES covers...   The Best BEATLES covers... Icon_minitimeFri Apr 20, 2007 11:41 am

Chairman_Smith wrote:
I've been planning on getting that Butchering The Beatles tribute.... Lemmy on Back In The USSR is really getting my attention.

I thought that album was horrible.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Best BEATLES covers...   The Best BEATLES covers... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Best BEATLES covers...
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next