Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Eagles

Go down 
+7
manny
tohostudios
stepcousin
criss3o
candlemass
Metal Misfit
XYZ
11 posters
AuthorMessage
XYZ
Card-carrying Van Halen Freak
XYZ

Number of posts : 2600

The Eagles Empty
PostSubject: The Eagles   The Eagles Icon_minitimeSun Nov 30, 2008 4:07 am

Anyone else here a fan? Great band, imo. I really like their new album too.
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

The Eagles Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Eagles   The Eagles Icon_minitimeSun Nov 30, 2008 5:02 am

Eagles are awesome. I got hooked with Hotel California and Hell Freezes Over. That greatest hits 2-disc set that came out a few years ago is great. I haven't heard anything from their last album.
Back to top Go down
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

Number of posts : 2096

The Eagles Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Eagles   The Eagles Icon_minitimeSun Nov 30, 2008 7:18 am

I used to have "The Long Run" on 8-track, other than that I like a few songs here and there.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/fragilegothband
criss3o
Metal student
Metal student
criss3o

Number of posts : 176

The Eagles Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Eagles   The Eagles Icon_minitimeSun Nov 30, 2008 7:23 am

I perfer Joe Walsh solo!!!
Back to top Go down
stepcousin
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stepcousin

Number of posts : 1268

The Eagles Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Eagles   The Eagles Icon_minitimeSun Nov 30, 2008 11:22 am

I like all three versions of The Eagles: The Meisner-Leadon era (more mellower pre-Hotel Cal years) the Walsh-Schmit era (harder rockin', a bit wilder and better vocal harmony era) and the old fogie post-"we hate each other" years from '94 up to now. I was sceptical of the new album but it has some surprisingly good songwriting on it. They've always had a great chemistry together and they still do. If you were a kid back in the 70's it was impossible to not grow up listening to them, and you heard them wherever you went. Both chicks and dudes liked them, and that is hard to pull off without leaning too much on the poppy side or the heavy side.
Back to top Go down

The Eagles Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Eagles   The Eagles Icon_minitimeSun Nov 30, 2008 2:45 pm

I grew up listening to 70's radio, so I heard The Eagles ALL THE TIME FOR YEARS ON END...I haven't listened to them since the early 80's.

Tom Waits once said that the best use for an Eagles album was for "keeping the dust off your turntable". Laughing very hard
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

The Eagles Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Eagles   The Eagles Icon_minitimeSun Nov 30, 2008 3:42 pm

Love 'em! Even the countrified version.

But adding Joe Walsh really rocked up their sound IMO.

mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

The Eagles Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Eagles   The Eagles Icon_minitimeSun Nov 30, 2008 6:23 pm

The Eagles is one band I could never get into, never liked them. My wife loves them, almost all my friends love them, I have always disliked them, very talented band and they have an interesting history but could never get into them.

Which is strange because I don't mind some of Don Henley's solo material.
Back to top Go down
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

Number of posts : 7831

The Eagles Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Eagles   The Eagles Icon_minitimeMon Dec 01, 2008 9:03 pm

I've been a fan for a lot of years. I think they were better with Joe & Don Felder in the band together. One Of These Nights is my fave but the new one was mostly a disappointment IMO. Glen Frey is an underrated guitar player.
Back to top Go down
iamrockerfun
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
iamrockerfun

Number of posts : 2003

The Eagles Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Eagles   The Eagles Icon_minitimeMon Dec 01, 2008 10:01 pm

if they can tour the EU. probably impossible cos not well known band over EU. pitty.
Back to top Go down
http://bootlegnightmare.euweb.cz/

The Eagles Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Eagles   The Eagles Icon_minitimeMon Dec 01, 2008 10:07 pm

manny wrote:
The Eagles is one band I could never get into, never liked them. My wife loves them, almost all my friends love them, I have always disliked them, very talented band and they have an interesting history but could never get into them.

Which is strange because I don't mind some of Don Henley's solo material.

Have you ever noticed that Henley seems stuck on a particular lyrical rhythm? Compare the verse sections of "Dirty Laundry" with the same from "Life In The Fast Lane", they are almost identical.
Back to top Go down
rattpoison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

Number of posts : 2682

The Eagles Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Eagles   The Eagles Icon_minitimeMon Dec 01, 2008 11:11 pm

detuned wrote:

Tom Waits once said that the best use for an Eagles album was for "keeping the dust off your turntable". Laughing very hard

If that!

Actually the Eagles have the dubious honour of being the first band/artist to cover Tom Waits with the song Ol' '55, although Tom wasn't that thrilled with it calling their version "Antiseptic" or something like that!

Antiseptic being the perfect word that sums up my opinion of the Eagles.
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

The Eagles Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Eagles   The Eagles Icon_minitimeMon Dec 01, 2008 11:31 pm

I like their music, but I don't really care for them as individuals (and how they use their fans as guinea pigs). These guys have declared the band broken up more than a boxer like Sugar Ray Leonard has declared himself retired. I don't mind most of the bands who are considered "Cash cows", but I've really resented it with this band. They were a band that I once loved, but because of my feelings stated above, I rarely listen to them anymore.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

The Eagles Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Eagles   The Eagles Icon_minitimeTue Dec 02, 2008 12:19 am

metalinmyveins wrote:
I like their music, but I don't really care for them as individuals (and how they use their fans as guinea pigs). These guys have declared the band broken up more than a boxer like Sugar Ray Leonard has declared himself retired. I don't mind most of the bands who are considered "Cash cows", but I've really resented it with this band. They were a band that I once loved, but because of my feelings stated above, I rarely listen to them anymore.

I can sort of relate to that sentiment but it's not like The Eagles are the only band to "break up, reunite" over and over. How many times have The Who called it quits? Or Kiss? Or Sabbath? Or Ozzy? There's a huge list of bands who've gone out on a "farewell" tour only to reunite a year or so later.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

The Eagles Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Eagles   The Eagles Icon_minitimeTue Dec 02, 2008 12:32 am

tohostudios wrote:
metalinmyveins wrote:

I can sort of relate to that sentiment but it's not like The Eagles are the only band to "break up, reunite" over and over. How many times have The Who called it quits? Or Kiss? Or Sabbath? Or Ozzy? There's a huge list of bands who've gone out on a "farewell" tour only to reunite a year or so later.

I can't argue with any of those bands, but it's eggregious as it pertains to the Eagles. The worst part about it is how bad they stick it to their fans in regards to ticket prices. They've made it more difficult than anyone else on that list as it pertains to taking in a show. I know they've announced their breakup at least 3 times, but it may even be 4???
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

The Eagles Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Eagles   The Eagles Icon_minitimeTue Dec 02, 2008 12:38 am

Pretty much every band has priced themselves out of range for the average fan.

AC/DC is coming here and the nosebleed tickets are going for almost $100 apiece. I will agree that The Eagles may hold the record for most "breakups" though.

Metal is Forever
akeldama

Number of posts : 7831

The Eagles Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Eagles   The Eagles Icon_minitimeMon Sep 05, 2016 10:13 pm

Bump.

Gotta say again that Frey was a very underrated guitarist and Desperado as a whole is sadly overlooked.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The Eagles Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Eagles   The Eagles Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Eagles
Page 1 of 1