Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

SAXON EAGLES AND DRAGONS 9LP BOX SET

Go down 
+3
martinsane
Boris2008
brokentulsa
7 posters
AuthorMessage
brokentulsa
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
brokentulsa

Number of posts : 1779

SAXON  EAGLES AND DRAGONS 9LP BOX SET Empty
PostSubject: SAXON EAGLES AND DRAGONS 9LP BOX SET   SAXON  EAGLES AND DRAGONS 9LP BOX SET Icon_minitimeTue Mar 15, 2016 8:00 pm

The MIGHTY SAXON are proud to announce the release of ‘Eagles And Dragons’, a nine LP box set, containing all of Saxon’s classic studio albums released between 1991 and 2009 on 180g vinyl! Looks like release date is March 18, 2016...

SAXON  EAGLES AND DRAGONS 9LP BOX SET 71xu1p9c%2B8L._SY450_

SAXON  EAGLES AND DRAGONS 9LP BOX SET 81DMRg3yrIL._SL1500_

Back to top Go down
brokentulsa
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
brokentulsa

Number of posts : 1779

PostSubject: Re: SAXON EAGLES AND DRAGONS 9LP BOX SET   SAXON  EAGLES AND DRAGONS 9LP BOX SET Icon_minitimeTue Mar 15, 2016 8:02 pm

looks awesome...I cant wait to pick this up...looks like the amazon price will be $121.82....
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: SAXON EAGLES AND DRAGONS 9LP BOX SET   SAXON  EAGLES AND DRAGONS 9LP BOX SET Icon_minitimeTue Mar 15, 2016 8:18 pm

brokentulsa wrote:
looks awesome...I cant wait to pick this up...looks like the amazon price will be $121.82....

Yeah, if the limited edition with signed artwork print is still available on payday I might just pick this up for £79.99. To get the signed version you have to order from here

http://www.myplaydirect.com/demon-music/details/117658672
Back to top Go down
martinsane
Metal master
Metal master
martinsane

Number of posts : 924

PostSubject: Re: SAXON EAGLES AND DRAGONS 9LP BOX SET   SAXON  EAGLES AND DRAGONS 9LP BOX SET Icon_minitimeTue Mar 15, 2016 11:55 pm

Is there any story behind why those years and those albums. Don't get me wrong it looks cool and I like EVERYTHING Saxon has done, I am just curious as to why those years... Is it a label/rights thing?
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: SAXON EAGLES AND DRAGONS 9LP BOX SET   SAXON  EAGLES AND DRAGONS 9LP BOX SET Icon_minitimeFri Mar 18, 2016 10:16 am

martinsane wrote:
Is there any story behind why those years and those albums. Don't get me wrong it looks cool and I like EVERYTHING Saxon has done, I am just curious as to why those years... Is it a label/rights thing?

It looks like all the studio material they released after their major label days came to an end. These albums originally came out on indies like Enigma, CMC, and SPV... which means that these are likely the albums that they (the band) own the masters to and can therefore license them out to any interested party for reissuing.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
martinsane
Metal master
Metal master
martinsane

Number of posts : 924

PostSubject: Re: SAXON EAGLES AND DRAGONS 9LP BOX SET   SAXON  EAGLES AND DRAGONS 9LP BOX SET Icon_minitimeFri Mar 18, 2016 1:04 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
martinsane wrote:

It looks like all the studio material they released after their major label days came to an end. These albums originally came out on indies like Enigma, CMC, and SPV... which means that these are likely the albums that they (the band) own the masters to and can therefore license them out to any interested party for reissuing.

Makes sense and kind of my thoughts as well.

Does EMI and Carrere even exist anymore however?

Looks like the EMI catologue was absorbed by WB after they folded, but???
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7632

PostSubject: Re: SAXON EAGLES AND DRAGONS 9LP BOX SET   SAXON  EAGLES AND DRAGONS 9LP BOX SET Icon_minitimeFri Mar 18, 2016 1:11 pm

martinsane wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
martinsane wrote:

Makes sense and kind of my thoughts as well.

Does EMI and Carrere even exist anymore however?

Looks like the EMI catologue was absorbed by WB after they folded, but???

The majority of the EMI catalog went to Sony.

Carrere was absorbed by Warner Music in the 90s.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS

Number of posts : 2998

PostSubject: Re: SAXON EAGLES AND DRAGONS 9LP BOX SET   SAXON  EAGLES AND DRAGONS 9LP BOX SET Icon_minitimeFri Mar 18, 2016 2:40 pm

Also, I am pretty sure most of those albums were never released on vinyl or in very limited runs.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: SAXON EAGLES AND DRAGONS 9LP BOX SET   SAXON  EAGLES AND DRAGONS 9LP BOX SET Icon_minitimeFri Mar 18, 2016 8:56 pm

For nine brand new (excellent) albums in a box set, that is not a bad price at all.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: SAXON EAGLES AND DRAGONS 9LP BOX SET   SAXON  EAGLES AND DRAGONS 9LP BOX SET Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

SAXON EAGLES AND DRAGONS 9LP BOX SET
Page 1 of 1