Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

RIP Glenn Frey (Eagles)

Go down 
+9
nevermore
metalinmyveins
the sentinel
CrookedCross
Boris2008
MetallicSeminarian
tohostudios
Troublezone
13 posters
AuthorMessage
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17150

RIP Glenn Frey (Eagles) Empty
PostSubject: RIP Glenn Frey (Eagles)   RIP Glenn Frey (Eagles) Icon_minitimeMon Jan 18, 2016 5:42 pm

http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/people/2016/01/18/eagles-member-glenn-frey-has-died/78976238/

He was a great songwriter...

R.I.P.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: RIP Glenn Frey (Eagles)   RIP Glenn Frey (Eagles) Icon_minitimeMon Jan 18, 2016 5:47 pm

Wow, it's really been a rough 2016 already.

Great songwriter and an underrated singer. Also a part-time actor. Remember him in Miami Vice?

RIP.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
MetallicSeminarian

Number of posts : 1698

PostSubject: Re: RIP Glenn Frey (Eagles)   RIP Glenn Frey (Eagles) Icon_minitimeMon Jan 18, 2016 5:50 pm

I was always a massive Eagles fan and loved his work. R.I.P.
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: RIP Glenn Frey (Eagles)   RIP Glenn Frey (Eagles) Icon_minitimeMon Jan 18, 2016 6:01 pm

R.I.P.

and also Mott the Hoople drummer Dale Griffin who also passed today

R.I.P.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: RIP Glenn Frey (Eagles)   RIP Glenn Frey (Eagles) Icon_minitimeMon Jan 18, 2016 6:20 pm

Sheesh! I've never seen anything like this rash of deaths in the music industry.

Metal novice
Metal novice
CrookedCross

Number of posts : 42

PostSubject: Re: RIP Glenn Frey (Eagles)   RIP Glenn Frey (Eagles) Icon_minitimeMon Jan 18, 2016 7:13 pm

I grew-up listening to The Eagles and was shocked to hear the news a little while ago. It is really bizarre the amount of deaths recently, pretty soon all of the people we grew-up listening to will only remain in memory and in their music.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: RIP Glenn Frey (Eagles)   RIP Glenn Frey (Eagles) Icon_minitimeMon Jan 18, 2016 7:36 pm

I think that is where we are headed unfortunately. RIP, songman.
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: RIP Glenn Frey (Eagles)   RIP Glenn Frey (Eagles) Icon_minitimeMon Jan 18, 2016 10:33 pm

Yeah, I saw this news a few hours ago. I was taken aback...I couldn't believe the headline. I had no idea he was not doing well. This is very sad news. I was looking through music from 1985 today as I was juggling around my top songs from that year and I passed on listening to "You Belong to the City" and now I feel bad. Listening to it right now. I really liked Glenn with the Eagles, enjoyed his solo stuff and enjoyed his small role in Jerry Maguire.

R.I.P. Glenn...
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40553

PostSubject: Re: RIP Glenn Frey (Eagles)   RIP Glenn Frey (Eagles) Icon_minitimeTue Jan 19, 2016 8:57 am

Man yet another one..... R.I.P.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: RIP Glenn Frey (Eagles)   RIP Glenn Frey (Eagles) Icon_minitimeTue Jan 19, 2016 9:31 am

A friend texted me about this yesterday. I was shocked and saddened to hear this news. RIP Glenn
Back to top Go down
MetallicSeminarian
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
MetallicSeminarian

Number of posts : 1698

PostSubject: Re: RIP Glenn Frey (Eagles)   RIP Glenn Frey (Eagles) Icon_minitimeTue Jan 19, 2016 10:04 am

Wearing my tour shirt from when I saw the Eagles in 03 and jamming a playlist in his honor today.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: RIP Glenn Frey (Eagles)   RIP Glenn Frey (Eagles) Icon_minitimeTue Jan 19, 2016 10:22 am

tohostudios wrote:
Sheesh!  I've never seen anything like this rash of deaths in the music industry.

Yup. Not as well known, but the drummer from Mother Superior/Rollins Band passed earlier this month from cancer too. Only 46

http://www.heartofmetal.net/t6374-mother-superior

I was shocked to hear the news about Glenn. Seemed like an odd combination of ailments that caused the perfect storm of fatality.

Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: RIP Glenn Frey (Eagles)   RIP Glenn Frey (Eagles) Icon_minitimeTue Jan 19, 2016 10:49 am

Sad news, like many of you, I liked his solo stuff and the stuff from the Eagles.

R.I.P.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17150

PostSubject: Re: RIP Glenn Frey (Eagles)   RIP Glenn Frey (Eagles) Icon_minitimeWed Jan 20, 2016 1:49 am

Back in the 70s, when Glenn had the long hair and mustache, he looked a lot like ex-Overkill guitarist Bobby Gustafson.

Last edited by Troublezone on Thu Jan 21, 2016 3:29 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 19229

PostSubject: Re: RIP Glenn Frey (Eagles)   RIP Glenn Frey (Eagles) Icon_minitimeWed Jan 20, 2016 12:32 pm

R.I.P.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: RIP Glenn Frey (Eagles)   RIP Glenn Frey (Eagles) Icon_minitimeThu Jan 21, 2016 3:14 am

I've been a big Eagles fan forever. R.I.P Glenn
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: RIP Glenn Frey (Eagles)   RIP Glenn Frey (Eagles) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

RIP Glenn Frey (Eagles)
Page 1 of 1