Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

How ecclectic are your listening habits?

Go down 
+29
criss3o
skullsmasher
exact33
King D
jstate
QuothTheRaven
SAHB Healer
TheGooch
sam
dirtracin1
DallasBlack
XYZ
Shiney
Hamer12
DeathCult
Schbopo
akeldama
Troublezone
Thrasher73
the sentinel
mc666
MetalGuy71
tohostudios
manny
Addy
thejokeriv
Fat Freddy
Stender
ultmetal
33 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

How ecclectic are your listening habits? Empty
PostSubject: How ecclectic are your listening habits?   How ecclectic are your listening habits? Icon_minitimeFri Nov 07, 2008 9:51 am

Someone at work noted that I have strange listening habits. I tend to mix up styles of music from CD to CD. This morning I started off listening to Wargasm. After that CD ended I put on Genesis - Duke. I guess that is an odd jump in styles.

Anyone else tend to do this?

The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

PostSubject: Re: How ecclectic are your listening habits?   How ecclectic are your listening habits? Icon_minitimeFri Nov 07, 2008 9:59 am

punk to thrash to classical to reggae to luda....I like alot.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37868

PostSubject: Re: How ecclectic are your listening habits?   How ecclectic are your listening habits? Icon_minitimeFri Nov 07, 2008 10:03 am

99 percent of my collection is metal, hard rock, or punk, so it may not be considered very "eclectic" but within that mix there's a wide range of styles, from hair metal to thrash to traditional metal to old school punk and so forth. So yeah, I've been known to play, say, Body Count's first album back-to-back with Warrant's "Cherry Pie," followed by Sepultura's "Beneath The Remains." It does create some odd combinations. Laughing

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat

Last edited by Fat Freddy on Fri Nov 07, 2008 10:49 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: How ecclectic are your listening habits?   How ecclectic are your listening habits? Icon_minitimeFri Nov 07, 2008 10:08 am

Mostly metal and hard rock, but I did go from Peace Sells to the cure's new album today.
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

PostSubject: Re: How ecclectic are your listening habits?   How ecclectic are your listening habits? Icon_minitimeFri Nov 07, 2008 10:10 am

Ive gone from Maryln Manson to Natalie Imbruglia to Stone Temple Pilots to Megadeth
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: How ecclectic are your listening habits?   How ecclectic are your listening habits? Icon_minitimeFri Nov 07, 2008 10:10 am

I listen to everything from Abba to ZZTop, but I don't find that to be strange. People who really love music usually listen to the music they love without regard to labels, if you look at the Playlist thread you will notice just about everyone on this board listens to a very diverse styles of music usually within the same day.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: How ecclectic are your listening habits?   How ecclectic are your listening habits? Icon_minitimeFri Nov 07, 2008 10:11 am

I'm all over the place. While I mostly like harder music (glam/sleaze, metal, punk, industrial), I also have some jazz, some electronica (not a lot mind you) and lots of Celtic / Renaissance style music.

Wait until Saxon gets the comp I sent him. Some different stuff on there.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

PostSubject: Re: How ecclectic are your listening habits?   How ecclectic are your listening habits? Icon_minitimeFri Nov 07, 2008 10:18 am

Thats one of the biggest draws of this place for me is the diversity as I tend to not listen much to metal, and find the non metal discussions fun
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: How ecclectic are your listening habits?   How ecclectic are your listening habits? Icon_minitimeFri Nov 07, 2008 10:18 am

I was just updating the spreadsheet of my CD collection and thought I'd randomly pull off some titles around the section I was updating:

Indigo Girls - Retrospective
Lordi - Deadache
INXS - Kick
Iron Savior - Battering Ram
Joe Jackson - Look Sharp!
Jason & The Scorchers - Still Standing
Janes Addiction - Strays
Jethro Tull - Aqualung
Jimmy Eat World - Bleed American
Elton John - Goodbye Yellow Brick Road

mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: How ecclectic are your listening habits?   How ecclectic are your listening habits? Icon_minitimeFri Nov 07, 2008 10:29 am

Just looking at one of mixed CDs I have with me at work here are some of the artist:

Steve Jones
UFO
The Ramones
Judas Priest
Bob Dylan
Morbid Angel
Queen
The Police
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: How ecclectic are your listening habits?   How ecclectic are your listening habits? Icon_minitimeFri Nov 07, 2008 11:01 am

I also like Enya when I'm in a mellow mood
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: How ecclectic are your listening habits?   How ecclectic are your listening habits? Icon_minitimeFri Nov 07, 2008 11:30 am

When I'm at work, where I listen to the most music, I pretty much stick only to heavy metal because it keeps the co-workers at a distance and it angries up the blood, which gets my creative juices flowing. When I'm home, mostly becasue of the kids now, I'll listen to blues, jazz or lighter rock (hair/arena/etc.,) especially on sattelite radio where things are more diverse than my actual cd collection.

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: How ecclectic are your listening habits?   How ecclectic are your listening habits? Icon_minitimeFri Nov 07, 2008 11:43 am

Just added the new Michael Stanley to my CD collection list: On the same page:

Stabbing Westward
Staind
Starz
Static X
Steelheart
Steely Dan
Stereophonics
Rod Stewart

Pretty eclectic I'd say.

PostSubject: Re: How ecclectic are your listening habits?   How ecclectic are your listening habits? Icon_minitimeFri Nov 07, 2008 11:45 am

I have a website named No Life Til Debbie.

I'm gonna say I'm eclectic. Smile
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: How ecclectic are your listening habits?   How ecclectic are your listening habits? Icon_minitimeFri Nov 07, 2008 11:47 am

spectrefate wrote:
I have a website named No Life Til Debbie.

I'm gonna say I'm eclectic. Smile

That is an understatement just look at the letter 'A' section:

Aaliya
Lee Aaron
AC/DC
Adam Ant and Agnostic Front to name just I few I choose randomly
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: How ecclectic are your listening habits?   How ecclectic are your listening habits? Icon_minitimeFri Nov 07, 2008 12:14 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
99 percent of my collection is metal, hard rock, or punk, so it may not be considered very "eclectic" but within that mix there's a wide range of styles, from hair metal to thrash to traditional metal to old school punk and so forth. So yeah, I've been known to play, say, Body Count's first album back-to-back with Warrant's "Cherry Pie," followed by Sepultura's "Beneath The Remains." It does create some odd combinations. Laughing
pretty much the same for me. this morning i cycled through The Gathering, Kix, Darkthrone, Otep, Gamma Ray, Plan 9, & Sexcrement.

PostSubject: Re: How ecclectic are your listening habits?   How ecclectic are your listening habits? Icon_minitimeFri Nov 07, 2008 12:15 pm

Quote :
Sexcrement

Can you imagine what that would smell like? sick
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How ecclectic are your listening habits?   How ecclectic are your listening habits? Icon_minitimeFri Nov 07, 2008 1:41 pm

I like a little bit of everything. I'm a huge jazz fan, I love folk and blues, progressive rock, classical, Brazilian pop, bossa nova, fusion, drone, Indian ragas, metal, soul, funk, etc. When I was growing up I primarily listened to classic rock and metal but have been broadening my horizons ever since, I would go nuts if I didn't have a variety of styles to listen to.

I have no problems going from Duke Ellington to Slayer...
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: How ecclectic are your listening habits?   How ecclectic are your listening habits? Icon_minitimeFri Nov 07, 2008 2:03 pm

I would say that my taste in music is eclectic, but my collection is not. It is mostly rock/hard rock/metal/ heavy metal. I don't own any Jazz, Classical, Country, or Rap. And I have only one album each from 80's acts like The Outfield, Tears For Fears, or Men At Work. I respect a lot of musicians for their talent and contributions, but I just wouldn't sit down and listen to a Rod Stewart or Elton John album so I don't buy it b/c it would be a waste of money for me. The eighties bands I mentioned earlier are kept more out of sentimentality for my childhood. I can't remember the last time I played any of those. Peace.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How ecclectic are your listening habits?   How ecclectic are your listening habits? Icon_minitimeFri Nov 07, 2008 2:04 pm

I'll go from U2 to BURNING WITCH to KING'S X to SARAH MCLACHLAN on any given day...
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: How ecclectic are your listening habits?   How ecclectic are your listening habits? Icon_minitimeFri Nov 07, 2008 2:20 pm

I'll go from Listening to Alabama to Vengeance Rising.I'm pretty open minded about music
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37868

PostSubject: Re: How ecclectic are your listening habits?   How ecclectic are your listening habits? Icon_minitimeFri Nov 07, 2008 2:31 pm

mc666 wrote:

pretty much the same for me. this morning i cycled through The Gathering, Kix, Darkthrone, Otep, Gamma Ray, Plan 9, & Sexcrement.

mc666 wins. cheers

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17150

PostSubject: Re: How ecclectic are your listening habits?   How ecclectic are your listening habits? Icon_minitimeFri Nov 07, 2008 4:06 pm

From Metallica to country/western, oh wait there's no difference! Laughing But seriously i can go from Tears for Fears and Hall and Oats to thrash or death metal.
Back to top Go down
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

Number of posts : 7831

PostSubject: Re: How ecclectic are your listening habits?   How ecclectic are your listening habits? Icon_minitimeFri Nov 07, 2008 4:28 pm

I do at times. I could go from Soul Embraced to Wes Montgomery to African music at any given time.
Back to top Go down
Schbopo
Ate his vegetables
Schbopo

Number of posts : 4958

PostSubject: Re: How ecclectic are your listening habits?   How ecclectic are your listening habits? Icon_minitimeFri Nov 07, 2008 4:34 pm

I usually have certain days when I want to listen to absolutely nothing except a certain genre, so I don't change much within the course of a day. Today I've listened to nothing but Thin Lizzy, and I bet tomorrow it will be something like Weezer.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How ecclectic are your listening habits?   How ecclectic are your listening habits? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How ecclectic are your listening habits?
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next