Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Your most non-metal hobbies, habits, etc.

Go down 
+25
Shawn Of Fire
White_Mage
Wargod
metallicleora
SlaytanicPOWER
T-Roy
QuothTheRaven
Stender
scottmitchell74
chewie
James B.
Dave the Boss
ryanmetalman
exact33
Jesusandmetal23
tohostudios
Metal Misfit
Leatherface
DallasBlack
Hamer12
Thrasher73
Orion Crystal Ice
Fat Freddy
MetalGuy71
Angelcake Adonisus Fox
29 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Angelcake Adonisus Fox
Metal student
Metal student
Angelcake Adonisus Fox

Number of posts : 162

Your most non-metal hobbies, habits, etc. Empty
PostSubject: Your most non-metal hobbies, habits, etc.   Your most non-metal hobbies, habits, etc. Icon_minitimeFri Jul 09, 2010 12:57 am

Behind every tough guy, there's a big softie hiding inside him. We have our sensitive, feminine sides that we're embarassed as all hell to let our fellow metal heads know of....because we fear for the health of our persons (i.e. we don't want our asses beaten into the concrete).

So.....how's about we state those very things we love that betray our true sensitivity? Your most non-metal hobbies, habits, etc. Icon_biggrin

I'll start:

-One of my favorite movies of all time is The Last Unicorn. I also love the soundtrack which is performed by America.

-I love the music of Air Supply.

-"Superman's Song" by Crash Test Dummies makes me cry every time I hear it.

-I...still sometimes watch cartoons on the Disney Channel (when they show them, anyway).

....Now then, I've bared my soul to you all.....so you bitches better recognize!!!! Your most non-metal hobbies, habits, etc. 308838

*ahem* I mean, what about you guys?
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Your most non-metal hobbies, habits, etc.   Your most non-metal hobbies, habits, etc. Icon_minitimeFri Jul 09, 2010 9:59 am

Beating my genitals like they owe me money.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Your most non-metal hobbies, habits, etc.   Your most non-metal hobbies, habits, etc. Icon_minitimeFri Jul 09, 2010 10:17 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Beating my genitals like they owe me money.

Laughing very hard

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

PostSubject: Re: Your most non-metal hobbies, habits, etc.   Your most non-metal hobbies, habits, etc. Icon_minitimeFri Jul 09, 2010 10:25 am

I can fit in with rich yuppies when I want.

Also I don't drink.
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Your most non-metal hobbies, habits, etc.   Your most non-metal hobbies, habits, etc. Icon_minitimeFri Jul 09, 2010 10:54 am

I like to dress in a french maid uniform and run around the house singing show tunes.
Back to top Go down
Hamer12
Metal master
Metal master
Hamer12

Number of posts : 828

PostSubject: Re: Your most non-metal hobbies, habits, etc.   Your most non-metal hobbies, habits, etc. Icon_minitimeFri Jul 09, 2010 10:56 am

Lets see.... I collect & restore small bore Japanese motorcycles. I'm working on a 305 Dream right now. I also want to restore on old scooter of some sorts. I have 2 Harleys & a Yamaha Warrior but I love the smaller stuff.

I love tending the veggie garden, Been a POA this year, really hot & dry.

I just got into Microbrewing.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Your most non-metal hobbies, habits, etc.   Your most non-metal hobbies, habits, etc. Icon_minitimeFri Jul 09, 2010 12:54 pm

I read a lot and I actually like a lot of the classics. I read War & Peace because it's a great book, didn't have to for school. I live the country but don't hunt, burn stuff a lot, or go off roading.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Your most non-metal hobbies, habits, etc.   Your most non-metal hobbies, habits, etc. Icon_minitimeFri Jul 09, 2010 1:24 pm

No problem liking the Last Unicorn or it's soundtrack, I enjoy them too as well as The Secret Of NIMH.

I have a large picture collection of female cartoon characters especially anthropamorphic ones (and obviously I like to draw/copy them).

I tear up at many movies including Lord Of The Rings, Disney/Pixar movies, Dreamworks movies, and dog and owner movies.

I avoid running over small animals like squirrels and rabbits (as long as I can do it safely) but I'm not bothered if anyone else does.

I get easily freaked out by large bugs (any thing from June bugs or bigger) and gekkos that appear out of nowhere.

I enjoy beautiful scenery like cloud formations, horizons, sunsets/rises, etc.

I love almost all 80s music including bands/artists like Bryan Adams, Eddie Money, Heuy Lewis and the News, Cyndi Lauper, Richard Marx, Belinda Carlise, The Cars, Men At Work, Chicago, and several others.

I read Piers Anthony's Xanth books.

I'm sure I can think of some others and when I do, I'll return to this thread.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Your most non-metal hobbies, habits, etc.   Your most non-metal hobbies, habits, etc. Icon_minitimeFri Jul 09, 2010 1:51 pm

I am hopelessly addicted to "The Simpsons." I geek out on books dealing with Simpsons minutiae and have spent hours looking over the various Simpsons entries on Wikipedia and other sites. I can come up with a Simpsons reference or quote to go with just about any topic of conversation.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 19229

PostSubject: Re: Your most non-metal hobbies, habits, etc.   Your most non-metal hobbies, habits, etc. Icon_minitimeFri Jul 09, 2010 7:26 pm

Thrasher73 wrote:
I like to dress in a french maid uniform and run around the house singing show tunes.
Copy cat. Your most non-metal hobbies, habits, etc. Icon_wink
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: Your most non-metal hobbies, habits, etc.   Your most non-metal hobbies, habits, etc. Icon_minitimeFri Jul 09, 2010 7:40 pm

I don't drink. I LOVE old time radio shows.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Your most non-metal hobbies, habits, etc.   Your most non-metal hobbies, habits, etc. Icon_minitimeFri Jul 09, 2010 7:42 pm

The fact that I love cats.

I will never understand why cats are considered a "chick pet". What other animal likes to torment it's prey before killing it? Seems pretty "metal" to me (especially if you're into bands like Cannibal Corpse; cats will give you a view of anatomical structures you've only heard about).

Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: Your most non-metal hobbies, habits, etc.   Your most non-metal hobbies, habits, etc. Icon_minitimeFri Jul 09, 2010 9:59 pm

tohostudios wrote:
The fact that I love cats.

I will never understand why cats are considered a "chick pet". What other animal likes to torment it's prey before killing it? Seems pretty "metal" to me (especially if you're into bands like Cannibal Corpse; cats will give you a view of anatomical structures you've only heard about).

Like when my cat caught a small rabbit and bit it's head off. Your most non-metal hobbies, habits, etc. 11840
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

PostSubject: Re: Your most non-metal hobbies, habits, etc.   Your most non-metal hobbies, habits, etc. Icon_minitimeFri Jul 09, 2010 10:01 pm

And yet I can't seem to get anyone to keep the french maid job for me. It's probably something to do with the impromptu Nerf attacks. But how am I supposed to resist?
Back to top Go down
Jesusandmetal23
If it jams it jams
Jesusandmetal23

Number of posts : 1023

PostSubject: Re: Your most non-metal hobbies, habits, etc.   Your most non-metal hobbies, habits, etc. Icon_minitimeSat Jul 10, 2010 12:53 am

DallasBlack wrote:
and dog and owner movies.

I get easily freaked out by large bugs (any thing from June bugs or bigger)

This and this. I also freak over spiders.

I think I have voiced my love for disco on this forum.

The new Katy Perry tune RULES.
Back to top Go down
Jesusandmetal23
If it jams it jams
Jesusandmetal23

PostSubject: Re: Your most non-metal hobbies, habits, etc.   Your most non-metal hobbies, habits, etc. Icon_minitimeSat Jul 10, 2010 12:55 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
I am hopelessly addicted to "The Simpsons." I geek out on books dealing with Simpsons minutiae and have spent hours looking over the various Simpsons entries on Wikipedia and other sites. I can come up with a Simpsons reference or quote to go with just about any topic of conversation.

(_8(l)
Back to top Go down
Jesusandmetal23
If it jams it jams
Jesusandmetal23

PostSubject: Re: Your most non-metal hobbies, habits, etc.   Your most non-metal hobbies, habits, etc. Icon_minitimeSat Jul 10, 2010 12:55 am

Orion Crystal Ice wrote:
And yet I can't seem to get anyone to keep the french maid job for me. It's probably something to do with the impromptu Nerf attacks. But how am I supposed to resist?

AHA! Nerf guns are awesome.
Back to top Go down
Jesusandmetal23
If it jams it jams
Jesusandmetal23

PostSubject: Re: Your most non-metal hobbies, habits, etc.   Your most non-metal hobbies, habits, etc. Icon_minitimeSat Jul 10, 2010 12:58 am

Oh yeah, and, Backstreet Boys' "I want it that way" is a killer tune.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: Your most non-metal hobbies, habits, etc.   Your most non-metal hobbies, habits, etc. Icon_minitimeSat Jul 10, 2010 9:10 am

Here is some more non-metal stuff about me:

I've never done illegal drugs and I'm a 30 year old virgin (I'm waiting til I'm married). Since metal is supposed to be about sex, drugs, and rock & roll; I'm missing 2/3 of the equation.

I don't drink straight up hard liquor and I don't like most beer.

I do drink sangria, fruity wines, and other so called "women drinks".

I own about 30 ties.

I usually hold my farts in public and don't scratch akward places (usually when women are around-even unattractive ones).

I listen and sing along to John Denver.

And of course, my hovercraft is full of eels!
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23270

PostSubject: Re: Your most non-metal hobbies, habits, etc.   Your most non-metal hobbies, habits, etc. Icon_minitimeSat Jul 10, 2010 10:01 am

I like Charlie Daniels Smile

I like to watch old movies - Carey Grant ones in particular.

and I am starting to learn photography...

Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

PostSubject: Re: Your most non-metal hobbies, habits, etc.   Your most non-metal hobbies, habits, etc. Icon_minitimeSat Jul 10, 2010 10:10 am

DallasBlack wrote:
I'm a 30 year old virgin (I'm waiting til I'm married).

You are a lucky man.

DallasBlack wrote:
I own about 30 ties.

But do you know how to tie a tie? Your most non-metal hobbies, habits, etc. Icon_twisted I do. A bad 2008 job climate will do that to you. Your most non-metal hobbies, habits, etc. 201269
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: Your most non-metal hobbies, habits, etc.   Your most non-metal hobbies, habits, etc. Icon_minitimeSat Jul 10, 2010 10:15 am

Orion Crystal Ice wrote:

DallasBlack wrote:
I own about 30 ties.

But do you know how to tie a tie? Your most non-metal hobbies, habits, etc. Icon_twisted I do. A bad 2008 job climate will do that to you. Your most non-metal hobbies, habits, etc. 201269

I did but now my workplace is business casual so no more ties Smile

tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Your most non-metal hobbies, habits, etc.   Your most non-metal hobbies, habits, etc. Icon_minitimeSat Jul 10, 2010 10:19 am

exact33 wrote:
Orion Crystal Ice wrote:

DallasBlack wrote:
I own about 30 ties.

Same here. I still have at least 25 ties gathering dust in the back of the closet. Still have to put one on when I go to Corporate and at those times I feel like there's a noose around my neck.

The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: Your most non-metal hobbies, habits, etc.   Your most non-metal hobbies, habits, etc. Icon_minitimeSat Jul 10, 2010 10:21 am

tohostudios wrote:
exact33 wrote:
Orion Crystal Ice wrote:

DallasBlack wrote:
I own about 30 ties.

Same here. I still have at least 25 ties gathering dust in the back of the closet.

I have five suits and who knows how many ties somewhere in my closet.

Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Your most non-metal hobbies, habits, etc.   Your most non-metal hobbies, habits, etc. Icon_minitimeSat Jul 10, 2010 11:16 am

DallasBlack wrote:
I own about 30 ties.

I probably have about that many too. Bought a whole crapload of'em for my first office job in the early 90s. Where I work now I don't have to deal with the public anymore (thankfully) so I haven't had to wear one in quite a few years now. I can go to work in jeans and a golf shirt. Woot! Your most non-metal hobbies, habits, etc. 778825

Most of 'em are dorky novelty ties with either Looney Tunes characters or superheroes on them. My pride and joy of my tie collection is a Star Wars one with the original movie poster art on it. Laughing

I do have two or three "regular" ties in the event that I have to go someplace where cartoon ties aren't appropriate, i.e. funerals or weddings. Laughing very hard

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Your most non-metal hobbies, habits, etc.   Your most non-metal hobbies, habits, etc. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Your most non-metal hobbies, habits, etc.
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next