Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

One of FF’s favorite bands is getting some love from Lars.

Go down 
+3
Required Fields
Fat Freddy
Troublezone
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17150

One of FF’s favorite bands is getting some love from Lars.  Empty
PostSubject: One of FF’s favorite bands is getting some love from Lars.    One of FF’s favorite bands is getting some love from Lars.  Icon_minitimeThu Dec 28, 2023 6:32 pm

https://blabbermouth.net/news/metallicas-lars-ulrich-has-been-listening-to-a-lot-of-lynyrd-skynyrd-and-warrior-soul
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37868

PostSubject: Re: One of FF’s favorite bands is getting some love from Lars.    One of FF’s favorite bands is getting some love from Lars.  Icon_minitimeThu Dec 28, 2023 6:34 pm

The man has good taste! Very Happy

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat

Troublezone likes this post

Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: One of FF’s favorite bands is getting some love from Lars.    One of FF’s favorite bands is getting some love from Lars.  Icon_minitimeThu Dec 28, 2023 6:35 pm

Not many people mention Warrior Soul… so the fact a high profile person like Lars is talking about them is good.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: One of FF’s favorite bands is getting some love from Lars.    One of FF’s favorite bands is getting some love from Lars.  Icon_minitimeThu Dec 28, 2023 6:38 pm

I remember Warrior Soul on Headbanger’s Ball back in the day. They never really got to the next level though… they were sort of on the same level as Spread Eagle.
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

PostSubject: Re: One of FF’s favorite bands is getting some love from Lars.    One of FF’s favorite bands is getting some love from Lars.  Icon_minitimeThu Dec 28, 2023 10:16 pm

I was hoping he'd say Killen.

Fat Freddy, MetallicSeminarian and John Madden like this post

Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: One of FF’s favorite bands is getting some love from Lars.    One of FF’s favorite bands is getting some love from Lars.  Icon_minitimeFri Dec 29, 2023 10:29 am

I really liked the first two Warrior Soul records a lot. The third album was good too. After that the band kinda lost me and I moved on. Last Decade Dead Century is a must own album!
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7631

PostSubject: Re: One of FF’s favorite bands is getting some love from Lars.    One of FF’s favorite bands is getting some love from Lars.  Icon_minitimeFri Dec 29, 2023 10:42 am

I really dig "Wasteland." Great song.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: One of FF’s favorite bands is getting some love from Lars.    One of FF’s favorite bands is getting some love from Lars.  Icon_minitimeFri Dec 29, 2023 6:33 pm

Although he did very well in his band Warrior Soul, Kory Clarke was terrible during his time with Trouble.

And overall the smoking has hurt his voice. In the beginning it may have given him a cool raspy effect, but now he sounds like his throat is damaged badly. Combine that with him naturally getting older… it’s pretty bad.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37868

PostSubject: Re: One of FF’s favorite bands is getting some love from Lars.    One of FF’s favorite bands is getting some love from Lars.  Icon_minitimeSat Dec 30, 2023 7:31 pm

Warrior Soul has some history with Metallica. When they released Last Decade Dead Century in 1990, Warrior Soul opened for Metallica's Damaged Justice tour in England and Europe, and apparently they went over very well. They've always been more popular in Europe than at home.

In the late '90s, Lars Ulrich briefly had his own vanity label imprint at Elektra called "TRC" (The Record Company). Supposedly he was planning to sign Kory's post-WS band, Space Age Playboys, to TRC but the band fell apart before anything could come of it.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40551

PostSubject: Re: One of FF’s favorite bands is getting some love from Lars.    One of FF’s favorite bands is getting some love from Lars.  Icon_minitimeSat Dec 30, 2023 7:59 pm

You know, Warrior Soul is a band that's I really know nothing about.both think they be heard one song from them. The Losers, maybe. Not sure what it was called.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

PostSubject: Re: One of FF’s favorite bands is getting some love from Lars.    One of FF’s favorite bands is getting some love from Lars.  Icon_minitimeSun Dec 31, 2023 1:17 am

(IMHDO) Warrior Soul is fun a fuck with a capital F

Fuck Lars with a capital F as we are at it

PostSubject: Re: One of FF’s favorite bands is getting some love from Lars.    One of FF’s favorite bands is getting some love from Lars.  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

One of FF’s favorite bands is getting some love from Lars.
Page 1 of 1