Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

All things Metallica

Go down 
+83
Orion Crystal Ice
Cliffy
corplhicks
Thelemech
Hadley
MetalRob331
ElectricEye93
Chrome Locust
stormspell
Rami Airola
Boris2008
Dark Horseman
Addy
ShadowAngel
DevZor
Spyder Jonez
MoonChild
EmoElmo
Witchfinder
fingers
stpatrik
Leatherface
metalhead777
Tur-Thalion
Arjun_M
Required Fields
Grimmo
Doomdance
Chairman_Smith
Rex
EvyMetal
Vexer6
DeathCult
Alex Dee Rokket
Lurideath
Wurthless
reapermetal
mr.electric39
DallasBlack
MEGATRON
arachnoplasma
chewie
mlotek
The_Jayroh
GrandNational
tohostudios
ultmetal
Approval Guy
exact33
James B.
Shawn Of Fire
Eyesore
Gilbert
Louder
SpectreFate
Joe
Troublezone
Fat Freddy
mc666
MetalGuy71
bassman
A Handful of Wayne
holydiver97595
metalinmyveins
sheets
Lari
7thSaviour
Sabbath In Solitude
sam
Metal Misfit
Mglaffas81
Damien Solta
the sentinel
Thrasher73
Schbopo
thejokeriv
Temple of Blood
manny
XYZ
zombiewalkin
TheGooch
kmorg
87 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

All things Metallica - Page 39 Empty
PostSubject: Re: All things Metallica   All things Metallica - Page 39 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 30, 2014 8:00 pm

Hear hear.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: All things Metallica   All things Metallica - Page 39 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 30, 2014 9:59 pm

Boris2008 wrote:
When will Metallica realise that they have had the peak of their careers, stop doing ridiculous overblown bullshit that cost them millions and proves just how out of touch they are with their fanbase and just go back to being a band, record a good album and if people don't have the cash to spend ridiculous money on an enormotour, scale it back, play smaller venues and cut out the poncey crap!

And yet this has nothing to do with why the festival didn't do well. It's not the bands, it's the fans.
Back to top Go down
sheets
Metal master
Metal master
sheets

Number of posts : 638

PostSubject: Re: All things Metallica   All things Metallica - Page 39 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 31, 2014 12:32 am

Boris2008 wrote:
When will Metallica realise that they have had the peak of their careers, stop doing ridiculous overblown bullshit that cost them millions and proves just how out of touch they are with their fanbase and just go back to being a band, record a good album and if people don't have the cash to spend ridiculous money on an enormotour, scale it back, play smaller venues and cut out the poncey crap!

"Not trying to be something big and fancy, it's just us doing what we do. Let's keep it that way" - Cliff Burton 1986

Just make some good music!

None of this would make a difference because the sobering fact is that America just isn't into metal or even traditional rock music anymore. Hetfield is just confirming that, yup, Europe and South America are where you want to be if you're a metal band. Big band or small-time, the U.S. will make you scrape by and not much else.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: All things Metallica   All things Metallica - Page 39 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 31, 2014 1:18 am

Posing a question here--if a band like Overkill or Death Angel can stay true to form and satisfy-cum-expand their fan base through a fundamental and modest business model, why can't Metallica?
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: All things Metallica   All things Metallica - Page 39 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 31, 2014 2:30 am

corplhicks wrote:
Posing a question here--if a band like Overkill or Death Angel can stay true to form and satisfy-cum-expand their fan base through a fundamental and modest business model, why can't Metallica?
I'm sure they could. They'd be nowhere as big as they are now though.

Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: All things Metallica   All things Metallica - Page 39 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 22, 2014 2:57 am

http://www.amazon.com/St-Anger-Metallica/dp/B00AH6B6CS

Did these guys remix this when they re-released it last year on their own label? The snare on these samples don't sound as terrible as I remember.

Can't imagine I'll ever buy the album for more than $2, but I'm curious.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: All things Metallica   All things Metallica - Page 39 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 22, 2014 6:15 am

I don't love the song, but I do like it. What I found interesting is the fan reaction to anything Metallica does, no matter how good, or terrible whatever project they are working on, they have fans who piss and moan about God knows what.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: All things Metallica   All things Metallica - Page 39 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 28, 2014 7:28 pm

I thought this was a funny little dig at Lars in this picture...

All things Metallica - Page 39 10014273_699333846772621_297397211_o

SMOKIN'!

Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: All things Metallica   All things Metallica - Page 39 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 28, 2014 7:34 pm

manny wrote:
I don't love the song, but I do like it. What I found interesting is the fan reaction to anything Metallica does, no matter how good, or terrible whatever project they are working on, they have fans who piss and moan about God knows what.

And it's ALWAYS been this way! From the Bay Area fans who dubbed Kill Em All "Slow Em All" to the people who thought that RTL was commercial wimp out bullshit, Metallica have always been accused of selling out, betraying the fans etc, pretty much from day one, on every record.  Laughing 
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

PostSubject: Re: All things Metallica   All things Metallica - Page 39 Icon_minitimeThu May 08, 2014 6:57 pm

So Metallica are headlining Glastonbury!  surprised 

Seems like a bad fit, people have been speculating on the possibility of an Oasis reunion, Prince or maybe Kate Bush as the third headliner, but Lars & Co have got it and most people I know seem a bit underwhelmed. There could be some who will watch because it's not a band that they will have seen before but they are on stage at the same time as current media darling Jake Bugg, so I'm predicting a disaster, Glastonbury does not and never has drawn a metal crowd.

Weird idea all round!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: All things Metallica   All things Metallica - Page 39 Icon_minitimeThu May 08, 2014 8:44 pm

Last edited by Painkiller on Sun Jun 01, 2014 4:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: All things Metallica   All things Metallica - Page 39 Icon_minitimeFri May 09, 2014 12:40 pm

I skimmed an article online last night that was blasting Metallica for going to Glastonbury. I've heard of the festival but wasn't aware of the type of bands that play on it. I don't see why people are upset. It's great that there are festivals exclusive to rock/metal but Metallica has played tons of those already (and aren't they playing Sonisphere or something again this summer?). Festivals are ideal for bringing together all types of bands and genres, IMO. Jay Z was there a few years ago, so why not Metallica now? I think it's kind of cool and maybe this will open the doors for other harder and heavier bands.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

PostSubject: Re: All things Metallica   All things Metallica - Page 39 Icon_minitimeFri May 09, 2014 1:36 pm

Painkiller wrote:
Metallica sucks. Listen to Deathhammer.

Yeah Deathhammer helped define a new style of music 30 something years ago  surprised 
Without Metallica doing what they did, you'd have no Hellhammer today to be so tr00 over.

Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: All things Metallica   All things Metallica - Page 39 Icon_minitimeFri May 09, 2014 2:10 pm

James B. wrote:
Painkiller wrote:

Yeah Deathhammer helped define a new style of music 30 something years ago  surprised 
Without Metallica doing what they did, you'd have no Hellhammer today to be so tr00 over.

Without Metallica you wouldn't have any hammers at all. Except for maybe M.C. Hammer. Maybe.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: All things Metallica   All things Metallica - Page 39 Icon_minitimeFri May 09, 2014 2:58 pm

corplhicks wrote:
James B. wrote:
Painkiller wrote:

Without Metallica you wouldn't have any hammers at all. Except for maybe M.C. Hammer. Maybe.

I tried to use an MC Hammer once. Every time I tried to nail something in, it was all like, "Dude, you can't touch this." I didn't get shit done.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: All things Metallica   All things Metallica - Page 39 Icon_minitimeFri May 09, 2014 3:23 pm

Eyesore wrote:

I tried to use an MC Hammer once. Every time I tried to nail something in, it was all like, "Dude, you can't touch this." I didn't get shit done.

But were you too legit to quit?

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Runicen
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Runicen

Number of posts : 1598

PostSubject: Re: All things Metallica   All things Metallica - Page 39 Icon_minitimeFri May 09, 2014 3:28 pm

It wouldn't have been so hard if you hadn't been thinking, "Hammer, don't hurt 'em" the whole time.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: All things Metallica   All things Metallica - Page 39 Icon_minitimeFri May 09, 2014 3:31 pm

All you would've had to to do was tell that MC Hammer "Work This," we gotta "Turn this Mutha Out" and you would've been done in no time.

...and those are all the MC Hammer song titles I know so that's as far as I can take this joke. Someone else have at.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Runicen
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Runicen

Number of posts : 1598

PostSubject: Re: All things Metallica   All things Metallica - Page 39 Icon_minitimeFri May 09, 2014 3:35 pm

Can this joke be taken any farther without massacreing good taste?  Laughing 
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: All things Metallica   All things Metallica - Page 39 Icon_minitimeFri May 09, 2014 3:47 pm

He should've prayed.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: All things Metallica   All things Metallica - Page 39 Icon_minitimeFri May 09, 2014 3:49 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
All you would've had to to do was tell that MC Hammer "Work This," we gotta "Turn this Mutha Out" and you would've been done in no time.

...and those are all the MC Hammer song titles I know so that's as far as I can take this joke. Someone else have at.

Laughing very hard

I was done at please hammer don't hurt them.....
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: All things Metallica   All things Metallica - Page 39 Icon_minitimeFri May 09, 2014 4:18 pm

Last edited by Painkiller on Sun Jun 01, 2014 4:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
DakotaRogers
Metal master
Metal master
DakotaRogers

Number of posts : 920

PostSubject: Re: All things Metallica   All things Metallica - Page 39 Icon_minitimeFri May 09, 2014 6:55 pm

Painkiller wrote:
Listen to Deathhammer.

Sleep 
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

PostSubject: Re: All things Metallica   All things Metallica - Page 39 Icon_minitimeFri May 09, 2014 7:15 pm

You guys know a surprising number of MC Hammer songs?  lol! 

There are plenty of non metal festivals that Metallica could and have played (Leeds being the most notable) It's just that Glastonbury is so damn trendy these days, it costs an absolute fortune to get in and the patrons are mostly elitist douchebags who play at being muddy hippies for a few days before going back to their super privileged lives. It might work but I seriously doubt it. I think that Jake Bugg will draw a massive crowd and Metallica, won't bomb, but I can't see them being a huge success.

You do never know though, I do remember people saying that Radiohead had neither the stature or the charisma to headline the main stage the first time they did it, and they absolutely blew the place apart and it's gone down as one of the Glastonbury moments of all time. It's possible that people will be open minded, but I think it's more likely that people will be pretty indifferent.

Bizarrely I think that AC/DC or Motorhead would go down a storm, they have that 'legend' status that Metallica lack in the U.K with a non metal crowd.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: All things Metallica   All things Metallica - Page 39 Icon_minitimeFri May 09, 2014 7:21 pm

Last edited by Painkiller on Sun Jun 01, 2014 4:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: All things Metallica   All things Metallica - Page 39 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

All things Metallica
Page 39 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next