Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

All things Metallica

Go down 
+83
Orion Crystal Ice
Cliffy
corplhicks
Thelemech
Hadley
MetalRob331
ElectricEye93
Chrome Locust
stormspell
Rami Airola
Boris2008
Dark Horseman
Addy
ShadowAngel
DevZor
Spyder Jonez
MoonChild
EmoElmo
Witchfinder
fingers
stpatrik
Leatherface
metalhead777
Tur-Thalion
Arjun_M
Required Fields
Grimmo
Doomdance
Chairman_Smith
Rex
EvyMetal
Vexer6
DeathCult
Alex Dee Rokket
Lurideath
Wurthless
reapermetal
mr.electric39
DallasBlack
MEGATRON
arachnoplasma
chewie
mlotek
The_Jayroh
GrandNational
tohostudios
ultmetal
Approval Guy
exact33
James B.
Shawn Of Fire
Eyesore
Gilbert
Louder
SpectreFate
Joe
Troublezone
Fat Freddy
mc666
MetalGuy71
bassman
A Handful of Wayne
holydiver97595
metalinmyveins
sheets
Lari
7thSaviour
Sabbath In Solitude
sam
Metal Misfit
Mglaffas81
Damien Solta
the sentinel
Thrasher73
Schbopo
thejokeriv
Temple of Blood
manny
XYZ
zombiewalkin
TheGooch
kmorg
87 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 31 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

All things Metallica - Page 23 Empty
PostSubject: Re: All things Metallica   All things Metallica - Page 23 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 13, 2011 3:15 pm

Quote :
Yeah, they did this and also coordinated a big, four-day concert that featured tons of guests...all as damage control for Lulu.

It's just a timing coincidence and people are trying to draw a natural conclusion. Put out a bad album and right away do some damage control. Makes sense from a public releations standpoint.

But the reality is, you don't set up a 4 day concert, book a venue and schedule all those guests overnight. That had to be planned out long in advance before Lulu "dropped", as the kids say. Do the kids still say that?

It certainly helps their cause, but I don't know that it was planned that way.

PostSubject: Re: All things Metallica   All things Metallica - Page 23 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 13, 2011 4:23 pm

Metallica doesn't need "damage control", once bands reach a certain stature they are bulletproof.

Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: All things Metallica   All things Metallica - Page 23 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 13, 2011 4:45 pm

S.D. wrote:
Metallica doesn't need "damage control", once bands reach a certain stature they are bulletproof.

Bingo!

I was personally attacked for saying this not too long ago. You'll probably be fine though.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: All things Metallica   All things Metallica - Page 23 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 13, 2011 4:57 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:
S.D. wrote:

Bingo!

I was personally attacked for saying this not too long ago. You'll probably be fine though.
You'll probably be personally attacked for this response. Haha.

Anyway, I imagine some people are joking about claiming this is damage control, but I've heard so many people say it that it's clear a lot of dummies out there are serious.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: All things Metallica   All things Metallica - Page 23 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 13, 2011 10:04 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Quote :

Metallica have just released a four-track digital EP.

Called Beyond Magnetic, it features four songs recorded during the Death Magnetic sessions, but left off the album. The band played one of these each night during last week’s four-night 30th anniversary run of shows at the Filmore in San Francisco.

The tracks are:

1. Hate Train
2. Just A Bullet Away
3. Hell And Back
4. Rebel Of Babylon

that first song is kinda appropriate for how people feel about this band...

MoonChild
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 15680

PostSubject: Re: All things Metallica   All things Metallica - Page 23 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 13, 2011 10:20 pm

exact33 wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:
Quote :

Metallica have just released a four-track digital EP.

Called Beyond Magnetic, it features four songs recorded during the Death Magnetic sessions, but left off the album. The band played one of these each night during last week’s four-night 30th anniversary run of shows at the Filmore in San Francisco.

The tracks are:

1. Hate Train
2. Just A Bullet Away
3. Hell And Back
4. Rebel Of Babylon

that first song is kinda appropriate for how people feel about this band...

'LOL' but True! All things Metallica - Page 23 47715
Back to top Go down
Alex Dee Rokket
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Alex Dee Rokket

Number of posts : 1095

PostSubject: Re: All things Metallica   All things Metallica - Page 23 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 19, 2011 5:42 am

After watching Metallica's performance with King Diamond on youtube (during their ozzfest 2010 appearance), I think Metallica chose the wrong person to record a side-project with.

Instead of Lulu and Lou Reed, they should have done an album with King Diamond - that would have totally kicked ass. I don't know why Metallica doesn't think of these things, why the fans have such a different perception of what the band should do than what the band does... I guess it comes down to the band wanting to do whatever they want which is ultimately what an artist should do but sometimes the choices are so obvious, it's staring right in front of them that it is almost like they are going against their own intuition and purposely shooting themselves in the foot...
Back to top Go down
metalhead777
Metal master
Metal master
metalhead777

Number of posts : 842

PostSubject: Re: All things Metallica   All things Metallica - Page 23 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 19, 2011 6:52 am

Temple of Blood wrote:
S.D. wrote:

Bingo!

I dont see why so many people have a problem with accepting the fact either. Once any band gets so big, its really a difficult task for them to go anywhere but up.
They could release a fresh,steaming turd with "Metallica" stamped on it, and there are a million people who would go out and buy it, and say it was the greatest thing in the world.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: All things Metallica   All things Metallica - Page 23 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 19, 2011 8:02 am

metalhead777 wrote:
Temple of Blood wrote:
S.D. wrote:

Bingo!

I dont see why so many people have a problem with accepting the fact either. Once any band gets so big, its really a difficult task for them to go anywhere but up.
They could release a fresh,steaming turd with "Metallica" stamped on it, and there are a million people who would go out and buy it, and say it was the greatest thing in the world.

very true but the opposite could also be said - they could release something akin to Kill Em All now and all the haters would immediately dislike it because it is metallica.

kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: All things Metallica   All things Metallica - Page 23 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 06, 2012 12:46 pm

Metallica in 3D?
January 6, 2012

Happy New Year!!! As you know, we generally make it a policy not to comment on gossip or rumors, but we also pride ourselves on being first with 'Tallica news. So, with that said, the more astute of you may have noticed a couple of mentions in trade publications, and most recently in the new issue of Rolling Stone, that a Metallica 3D movie is in the works. We're here to tell you that, yes, there is indeed a 3D project in the very early stages of production! We wish we could tell you more right now, but we don't have all the finer points nailed down just yet. What we can tell you is that we are planning on being in a theatre near you sometime in 2013 and as you hear us say ever so often, this will be the space for all the details as we finalize them.

Welcome to 2012... we're pretty psyched about the year ahead!

Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12766

PostSubject: Re: All things Metallica   All things Metallica - Page 23 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 06, 2012 1:01 pm

Yeah watching Lars "slack" in his playing in 3D.......yippie.....where do I sign up

Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: All things Metallica   All things Metallica - Page 23 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 10, 2012 2:05 pm

http://www.metalinjection.net/upcoming-releases/metallica-next-album-shortier-heavier

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: All things Metallica   All things Metallica - Page 23 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 10, 2012 4:33 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
http://www.metalinjection.net/upcoming-releases/metallica-next-album-shortier-heavier

I'll believe that when I hear it.Razz

And the whole 3D thing? Pointless. Noone needs to see Robert duck-walk right at them.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Mglaffas81

Number of posts : 2256

PostSubject: Re: All things Metallica   All things Metallica - Page 23 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 10, 2012 5:06 pm

Ahhhh, what a nice Metallica-hater-propaganda website you've found there - how interesting All things Metallica - Page 23 692390
Back to top Go down
metalhead777
Metal master
Metal master
metalhead777

Number of posts : 842

PostSubject: Re: All things Metallica   All things Metallica - Page 23 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 10, 2012 5:34 pm

kmorg wrote:
Metallica in 3D?
January 6, 2012

Happy New Year!!! As you know, we generally make it a policy not to comment on gossip or rumors, but we also pride ourselves on being first with 'Tallica news. So, with that said, the more astute of you may have noticed a couple of mentions in trade publications, and most recently in the new issue of Rolling Stone, that a Metallica 3D movie is in the works. We're here to tell you that, yes, there is indeed a 3D project in the very early stages of production! We wish we could tell you more right now, but we don't have all the finer points nailed down just yet. What we can tell you is that we are planning on being in a theatre near you sometime in 2013 and as you hear us say ever so often, this will be the space for all the details as we finalize them.

Welcome to 2012... we're pretty psyched about the year ahead!
Oh boy! Now my ears AND my eyes can bleed!
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

PostSubject: Re: All things Metallica   All things Metallica - Page 23 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 07, 2012 2:50 pm

http://orionmusicandmore.com/

Lame...

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: All things Metallica   All things Metallica - Page 23 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 07, 2012 2:55 pm

What's lame about it?

I don't care much for the line-up other than Metallica & A7X but this is good for the U.S. I'm tired of Europe getting all the summer festivals. I hope it's a huge success and leads to even more festivals popping up.
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

PostSubject: Re: All things Metallica   All things Metallica - Page 23 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 07, 2012 2:57 pm

Metal Misfit wrote:
What's lame about it?

I don't care much for the line-up other than Metallica & A7X but this is good for the U.S. I'm tired of Europe getting all the summer festivals. I hope it's a huge success and leads to even more festivals popping up.

It's lame because it's lame...I like A7X to an extent as well as The Gaslight Anthem...but it's like Megadeth headlining Lilith Fair...
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: All things Metallica   All things Metallica - Page 23 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 07, 2012 2:58 pm

Other than Metallica, Avenged Sevenfold, and The Sword, I haven't heard of a single band in that lineup.

...check that, I have heard OF Roky Erickson, mostly cuz Rattpoison had a thread going around here some time ago about him, saying that he reminded him of Kory Clarke.

So in other words... I will be passin' on this festival thingie. Carry on then.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12766

PostSubject: Re: All things Metallica   All things Metallica - Page 23 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 07, 2012 3:00 pm

A "metal" band can't finance the lifestyle they've come accustomed to from "metalheads" try their hand at the intellectual/elite crowd. Pricelesss

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: All things Metallica   All things Metallica - Page 23 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 07, 2012 3:02 pm

I don't see myself traveling to New Jersey, but I do like a few bands here. I like the Arctic Monkeys, though I'm not as high on their latest release. It's not bad, it's just a little bit more subdued. I dig Modest Mouse as well. The Sword is a great band.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: All things Metallica   All things Metallica - Page 23 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 07, 2012 3:04 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Other than Metallica, Avenged Sevenfold, and The Sword, I haven't heard of a single band in that lineup.

...check that, I have heard OF Roky Erickson, mostly cuz Rattpoison had a thread going around here some time ago about him, saying that he reminded him of Kory Clarke.

So in other words... I will be passin' on this festival thingie. Carry on then.

This.... if the other bands were actually any good, I might go
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: All things Metallica   All things Metallica - Page 23 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 07, 2012 3:06 pm

I listen to all types of music, but personally do not think this type of bill would work in the States where I think overseas it will go over ok, but in the end it does not matter. Metallica could tour with a reunited Partridge Family it would sell out just about any venue
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: All things Metallica   All things Metallica - Page 23 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 07, 2012 3:13 pm

BTW listening to the 'Beyond Magnetic' EP and these are great songs, maybe even better some of the tracks that made the final track listing on 'Death Magnetic'
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

PostSubject: Re: All things Metallica   All things Metallica - Page 23 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 07, 2012 3:34 pm

manny wrote:
BTW listening to the 'Beyond Magnetic' EP and these are great songs, maybe even better some of the tracks that made the final track listing on 'Death Magnetic'

I'll be snagging that on Thursday...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: All things Metallica   All things Metallica - Page 23 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

All things Metallica
Page 23 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 31 ... 40  Next