Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

your missing sacred cow collection piece

Go down 
+22
sovdat
rattpoison
SAHB Healer
Shiney
the sentinel
metalinmyveins
kmorg
SideShowDisaSter
TheGooch
DeathCult
akeldama
Tall Tyrion
exact33
ultmetal
Schbopo
stevegarveyfan
thejokeriv
manny
Thrasher73
Fat Freddy
tohostudios
Stender
26 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

your missing sacred cow collection piece Empty
PostSubject: your missing sacred cow collection piece   your missing sacred cow collection piece Icon_minitimeThu Oct 16, 2008 3:01 pm

What is that awesome album that needs to be in your music collection that you don't have yet...or maybe never will have? Dosn't have to be outrageosly rare, just something that you have been searching ages for with no avail....

Mine is Agnostic Front's first EP on red vinyl...I've already written it off as something I will never own because of its ungodly rareness.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: your missing sacred cow collection piece   your missing sacred cow collection piece Icon_minitimeThu Oct 16, 2008 3:03 pm

Original Sin - Sin Will Find You Out
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: your missing sacred cow collection piece   your missing sacred cow collection piece Icon_minitimeThu Oct 16, 2008 3:03 pm

Same one I always mention in these rarity-type threads.

Joanna Dean - Misbehavin'

I've managed to round up all my other "holy grail" albums that I know received a CD release.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: your missing sacred cow collection piece   your missing sacred cow collection piece Icon_minitimeThu Oct 16, 2008 3:04 pm

X-Sinner's GET IT and Trouble's S/T from 1990. I have CD-Rs of both but will forever feel incomplete unless I get original copies.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: your missing sacred cow collection piece   your missing sacred cow collection piece Icon_minitimeThu Oct 16, 2008 3:06 pm

tohostudios wrote:

Keep your eye on this one, toho....

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=370097881461
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: your missing sacred cow collection piece   your missing sacred cow collection piece Icon_minitimeThu Oct 16, 2008 3:09 pm

Thanks man!

Just put a watch on it. I'll go as high as $35 for it but I bet it ends up going for more than that.

Fortunately, I have a CD-R that my friend made me from the copy he won off ebay.

Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: your missing sacred cow collection piece   your missing sacred cow collection piece Icon_minitimeThu Oct 16, 2008 3:36 pm

Vulture-Easier to Lie
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: your missing sacred cow collection piece   your missing sacred cow collection piece Icon_minitimeThu Oct 16, 2008 3:48 pm

The Doors-Beat yer Boots boxset that they released on their own Bright Midnight label. They only printed a limited number and I see it from time to time on ebay, usually asking around $200. Same thing with Black Sabbath-Live at Hammersmith, I doubt I will over own either one of these albums unless they re-release them.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: your missing sacred cow collection piece   your missing sacred cow collection piece Icon_minitimeThu Oct 16, 2008 3:54 pm

Johnny Be Goode soundtrack (for the alternate version of No Ring Around Rosie by Kix)

Unida - Coping With The Urban Coyote
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: your missing sacred cow collection piece   your missing sacred cow collection piece Icon_minitimeThu Oct 16, 2008 3:57 pm

detuned wrote:

Unida - Coping With The Urban Coyote

Wish I could go back a few years. I had that Unida disc, the first press QOTSA debut and the Kyuss/QOTSA Split and sold them off cheap. Oh well, live and learn.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: your missing sacred cow collection piece   your missing sacred cow collection piece Icon_minitimeThu Oct 16, 2008 4:00 pm

Joshua - Intense Defense
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: your missing sacred cow collection piece   your missing sacred cow collection piece Icon_minitimeThu Oct 16, 2008 4:25 pm

tohostudios wrote:

I just downloaded this one because I was curious. Great stuff. She has a strong voice. That Gimme Shelter cover is pretty badass. I was surprised how prominent the guitar was in the mix of this album.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: your missing sacred cow collection piece   your missing sacred cow collection piece Icon_minitimeThu Oct 16, 2008 4:43 pm

I thought you'd heard this before.

Her voice is great! I like chicks with that gravelly, Janis Joplin style voice.

"Kiss This" was a semi-hit.

She also was the vocalist for Bad Romance which came out after her solo outing.

I think I read somewhere that Joanna Dean now gives vocal lessons.

Last edited by tohostudios on Thu Oct 16, 2008 4:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: your missing sacred cow collection piece   your missing sacred cow collection piece Icon_minitimeThu Oct 16, 2008 4:45 pm

I think we both like the female fronted stuff, but until you mentioned her today, I had never heard of her.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: your missing sacred cow collection piece   your missing sacred cow collection piece Icon_minitimeThu Oct 16, 2008 5:55 pm

I'm with Freddy on that Trouble album.
Back to top Go down
stevegarveyfan
Metal master
Metal master
stevegarveyfan

Number of posts : 613

PostSubject: Re: your missing sacred cow collection piece   your missing sacred cow collection piece Icon_minitimeThu Oct 16, 2008 7:00 pm

Gothic Slam Just a Face in the Crowd
Demolition Hammer Tortured Existence
Heretic Breaking Point
the two earliest Lightforce demo tapes
Disencumbrance 2-song demo
Drop Dead s/t demo
Drop Dead Ending the Sadness demo
GROMS Turn demo
Holy Danger 7"
Lust Control Cheap Alternatives to Empty Vee VHS
Royal Anguish Scream Bloody Murder
Back to top Go down
Schbopo
Ate his vegetables
Schbopo

Number of posts : 4958

PostSubject: Re: your missing sacred cow collection piece   your missing sacred cow collection piece Icon_minitimeThu Oct 16, 2008 7:01 pm

Megadeth-Live Trax

We needs it.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: your missing sacred cow collection piece   your missing sacred cow collection piece Icon_minitimeThu Oct 16, 2008 7:54 pm

This would be it:
Heathen's Rage - s/t (aka 'Knights of Steel' EP)

The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

PostSubject: Re: your missing sacred cow collection piece   your missing sacred cow collection piece Icon_minitimeThu Oct 16, 2008 8:07 pm

Oh, also the Laughing Dead demo tape from 1990.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: your missing sacred cow collection piece   your missing sacred cow collection piece Icon_minitimeThu Oct 16, 2008 8:25 pm

American Angel - s/t.
Grave Digger - Best of the 80's

Alex

Tall Tyrion
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Tall Tyrion

Number of posts : 3367

PostSubject: Re: your missing sacred cow collection piece   your missing sacred cow collection piece Icon_minitimeThu Oct 16, 2008 8:39 pm

Metallica - St Anger.

I can't seem to find it for a decent price anywhere. Sad
Back to top Go down
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

Number of posts : 7831

PostSubject: Re: your missing sacred cow collection piece   your missing sacred cow collection piece Icon_minitimeThu Oct 16, 2008 8:40 pm

Schbopo wrote:
Megadeth-Live Trax

We needs it.

Me too.
Back to top Go down
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

PostSubject: Re: your missing sacred cow collection piece   your missing sacred cow collection piece Icon_minitimeThu Oct 16, 2008 9:17 pm

The Australian Versions of: High Voltage · T.N.T. · Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap · Let There Be Rock
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: your missing sacred cow collection piece   your missing sacred cow collection piece Icon_minitimeThu Oct 16, 2008 9:22 pm

akeldama wrote:
The Australian Versions of: High Voltage · T.N.T. · Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap · Let There Be Rock

Same here have em on vinyl but wish I had them on CD
Back to top Go down
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

PostSubject: Re: your missing sacred cow collection piece   your missing sacred cow collection piece Icon_minitimeThu Oct 16, 2008 9:29 pm

manny wrote:
akeldama wrote:

Same here have em on vinyl but wish I had them on CD

I can't find them in any format, I should check on amazon.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: your missing sacred cow collection piece   your missing sacred cow collection piece Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

your missing sacred cow collection piece
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next