Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Kix Guitarist Goes Missing

Go down 
+3
nevermore
Dark Horseman
MetalGuy71
7 posters
AuthorMessage
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Kix Guitarist Goes Missing Empty
PostSubject: Kix Guitarist Goes Missing   Kix Guitarist Goes Missing Icon_minitimeMon Mar 27, 2017 10:08 am

This was a weird story...

According to TMZ, KIX guitarist Ronnie Younkins has been located after missing the band's concert Saturday night in Pennsylvania.

The site reports that Ronnie's band mates went to pick him up in Maryland for the Hummels Wharf gig but "he was nowhere in sight." They then tried to call him but weren't able to reach him. The other members of KIX went on to play the show at the Hummels Wharf Fire Co. Social Club and explained the situation to the crowd.

Ronnie was eventually found Sunday morning and was said to be "not in great condition and very upset." It's not clear what happened to cause him to miss Saturday's concert.

In a December 2015 interview with the Rock N Roll Experience, KIX guitarist Brian Forsythe confirmed that Younkins went back to rehab earlier that year to receive treatment for alcohol addiction. Forsythe said at the time: "[Ronnie returned to rehab] for a little bit — for a month and a half, two months. He did kind of a refresher course. He had been sober for a long time and then had this relapse, so we had to stick him back in there just to get him back on track."

Younkins, a founding member of KIX, told The Frederick News-Post in a 2014 interview that he had been abusing hard drugs and alcohol for a while before he hit his rock bottom while the band was promoting its 1988 album "Blow My Fuse". "My drinking and drugging went overboard," he said. The guitarist checked himself in to rehab, an experience that turned his life around. Out on tour, he played gigs at night and attended addiction meetings during the day. "I took it seriously," he said. "And it saved my life."

Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: Kix Guitarist Goes Missing   Kix Guitarist Goes Missing Icon_minitimeMon Mar 27, 2017 12:20 pm

Sad to hear, hope he gets the help he needs.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: Kix Guitarist Goes Missing   Kix Guitarist Goes Missing Icon_minitimeMon Mar 27, 2017 2:21 pm

If it's a hard drugs incident, I hope he gets help.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40560

PostSubject: Re: Kix Guitarist Goes Missing   Kix Guitarist Goes Missing Icon_minitimeMon Mar 27, 2017 2:30 pm

Good luck to him.
Back to top Go down
Thelemech
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Thelemech

Number of posts : 4009

PostSubject: Re: Kix Guitarist Goes Missing   Kix Guitarist Goes Missing Icon_minitimeMon Mar 27, 2017 10:43 pm

Wishing him the best - he is a fine guitar player.
Back to top Go down
Wrecked Neck
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

Number of posts : 2654

PostSubject: Re: Kix Guitarist Goes Missing   Kix Guitarist Goes Missing Icon_minitimeMon Mar 27, 2017 11:06 pm

Never even know they were still around. They still making records, or are they one of those nostalgia bands that mainly tour? Never was a huge fan, but think I had one or to from them back in the 80's. Might be thinking of Kick Axe though. Yeah ah my memory is for shit lol
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Kix Guitarist Goes Missing   Kix Guitarist Goes Missing Icon_minitimeTue Mar 28, 2017 4:08 pm

Wrecked Neck wrote:
Never even know they were still around. They still making records, or are they one of those nostalgia bands that mainly tour? Never was a huge fan, but think I had one or to from them back in the 80's. Might be thinking of Kick Axe though. Yeah ah my memory is for shit lol

Kix went away for a few years in the late 90's/early 00's. They came back a few years ago (with 4 of the 5 originals) and released Rock Your Face Off, which is excellent in my opinion. They recently put out a live album too, but I haven't heard that one.

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Kix Guitarist Goes Missing   Kix Guitarist Goes Missing Icon_minitimeMon Apr 17, 2017 10:37 am

bump for update...

Quote :
KIX guitarist Ronnie Younkins will once again be checking in to rehab to be treated for alcohol abuse, his bandmates have revealed.

Younkins missed a KIX concert in Pennsylvania last month when the rest of the band was unable to reach him. He was eventually found "not in great condition and very upset," according to TMZ.

In a new statement posted on the KIX Facebook page, the group wrote: "Thank you for your concern about our dear friend Ronnie. Our hearts and prayers go out to him and his family, and we wish him the best on his continued journey toward recovery.

"As we all well know, the road to recovery is not easy, but with the support of family, friends, and fans too, this difficult time becomes just a little easier to manage.

"Ronnie is currently headed to a rehab facility and will be in good hands. Brian will once again fill Ronnie's shoes until Ronnie is ready to return to KIX, to his side of the stage, which is waiting for him."

Best of luck to him

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Glower

Number of posts : 3219

PostSubject: Re: Kix Guitarist Goes Missing   Kix Guitarist Goes Missing Icon_minitimeThu Apr 20, 2017 7:57 pm

You can see - how a 'relapse' can be real bad....
One drink....and your're right back to where you were - even worse.
I've been in a rehab, sad to say, but 30 plus years partying got me there.
400 bucks a day, I think it was...five days....took year to clear up....
So I could easily see the danger of being a traveling musician of a popular band.
Love KIX. Saw them in the mid 80s. They were super good.
Best small club show I ever saw....they rocked with excitement !
Have all their CDs except two....great autumn weather, in car, band.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kix Guitarist Goes Missing   Kix Guitarist Goes Missing Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kix Guitarist Goes Missing
Page 1 of 1