Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Bloodgood news...

Go down 
+20
kmorg
Big Rich
corplhicks
Shawn Of Fire
mr.electric39
Dark Horseman
James B.
MetallicSeminarian
Infinite
thejokeriv
mikeinfla
Fat Freddy
bgsully
Addy
exact33
krokus
kethdredd
powermacho
T-Roy
ultmetal
24 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

Bloodgood news... - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bloodgood news...   Bloodgood news... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 07, 2013 3:32 pm

Why would anyone pay $30 for the CD now? When it gets a proper release, it will cost $15, tops!

Metal master
Metal master
Big Rich

Number of posts : 677

PostSubject: Re: Bloodgood news...   Bloodgood news... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 07, 2013 6:40 pm

thejokeriv wrote:
Big Rich wrote:
Stryper never headlined arenas. They headlined theaters because nobody wanted them to open for them on an arena tour.

That being said, 30 bucks for a cd that I helped you pay to make is ridiculous.

Actually, that's not correct - I saw them on the IGWT tour and it was at an arena, and Hurricane opened...... The week prior to the show, White Lion had been the opening act (who left the tour to do their own headlining gigs)

And how full was this arena?

No chance they sold that out when their popularity was less than what it was on the To Hell tour.
Back to top Go down
Big Rich
Metal master
Metal master
Big Rich

Number of posts : 677

PostSubject: Re: Bloodgood news...   Bloodgood news... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 07, 2013 6:42 pm

kmorg wrote:
Why would anyone pay $30 for the CD now? When it gets a proper release, it will cost $15, tops!

exactly. So you get screwed for helping them?
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Bloodgood news...   Bloodgood news... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 07, 2013 8:35 pm

Big Rich wrote:
thejokeriv wrote:
Big Rich wrote:
Stryper never headlined arenas. They headlined theaters because nobody wanted them to open for them on an arena tour.

That being said, 30 bucks for a cd that I helped you pay to make is ridiculous.

Actually, that's not correct - I saw them on the IGWT tour and it was at an arena, and Hurricane opened...... The week prior to the show, White Lion had been the opening act (who left the tour to do their own headlining gigs)

And how full was this arena?

No chance they sold that out when their popularity was less than what it was on the To Hell tour.

3/4 full
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

PostSubject: Re: Bloodgood news...   Bloodgood news... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 07, 2013 9:41 pm

What does it matter how full the arena was Rich, you said they never headlined arenas and that is not true. I saw them at The Omni in Oakland for ATL. I don't think they did much arena business on THWTD, but you can easily check tour logs for IGWT and ATL and see that there were indeed a handfull of actual arena shows played. If ya would of said, Stryper never sold out an arena show. I could of agreed with ya . The show I saw in Oakland was 3/4 as well. But the show I caught in Concord (pavillion) in 87 was sold out at 12,000 people. Irvine Meadows in 87 was full at about 15,000. A couple of days after the Omni show, I saw them agian on ATL tour at Pacific Ampitheater in Costa Mesa and it was 3/4 full of about 18,000 capacity.

Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: Bloodgood news...   Bloodgood news... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 07, 2013 10:30 pm

I guess the idea is you support them because you like them, anything they give you is just a bonus.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: Bloodgood news...   Bloodgood news... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 30, 2013 3:43 pm

Bloodgood made their Kickstarter goal, so there will be a new album.

Sooooo...good for them, I guess.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: Bloodgood news...   Bloodgood news... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 30, 2013 4:23 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Bloodgood made their Kickstarter goal, so there will be a new album.

Sooooo...good for them, I guess.

And if it's any good, I will buy it...... as far as there kickstarter campaign goes, not at all impress at what you get....
Back to top Go down
MetallicSeminarian
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
MetallicSeminarian

Number of posts : 1698

PostSubject: Re: Bloodgood news...   Bloodgood news... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 30, 2013 4:25 pm

I will more than likely buy it, since I'm a Bloodgood fanatic, but their kickstarter failed to impress me.
Back to top Go down
jettafiend
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
jettafiend

Number of posts : 1137

PostSubject: Re: Bloodgood news...   Bloodgood news... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 30, 2013 5:44 pm

MetallicSeminarian wrote:
I will more than likely buy it, since I'm a Bloodgood fanatic, but their kickstarter failed to impress me.

X2!
Back to top Go down
bgsully
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
bgsully

Number of posts : 1692

PostSubject: Re: Bloodgood news...   Bloodgood news... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 30, 2013 5:46 pm

I will definitely be buying this.  cool
Back to top Go down
shamgar75
Metal master
Metal master
shamgar75

Number of posts : 683

PostSubject: Re: Bloodgood news...   Bloodgood news... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 30, 2013 10:08 pm

Will buy when it comes out - curious to hear what it sounds like.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: Bloodgood news...   Bloodgood news... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 30, 2013 10:39 pm

ill get this when it comes out if its a decent price.

bgsully
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
bgsully

PostSubject: Re: Bloodgood news...   Bloodgood news... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 08, 2013 2:54 pm

Latest News: David Zaffiro to produce the new Bloodgood album. For those who may not know; he was thier original guitarist....so that's pretty cool IMO. Cool happy
Back to top Go down
MetallicSeminarian
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
MetallicSeminarian

Number of posts : 1698

PostSubject: Re: Bloodgood news...   Bloodgood news... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 08, 2013 4:31 pm

bgsully wrote:
Latest News: David Zaffiro to produce the new Bloodgood album. For those who may not know; he was thier original guitarist....so that's pretty cool IMO. Cool happy

That's cool. I wish he was playing on it, though. I like the charisma of the records he played on.
Back to top Go down
bgsully
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
bgsully

PostSubject: Re: Bloodgood news...   Bloodgood news... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 08, 2013 4:36 pm

Well, (and maybe this is just wishful thinking) I figured they might have him play on at least one of the songs....for Nostalgia alone.
....here's hoping!
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

PostSubject: Re: Bloodgood news...   Bloodgood news... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 08, 2013 5:16 pm

Zaffiro is top shelf.....as a player, songwriter and producer. Let's hope for some songwriting to boot.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: Bloodgood news...   Bloodgood news... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 08, 2013 10:01 pm

bgsully wrote:
That's cool. I wish he was playing on it, though. I like the charisma of the records he played on.
I would MUCH rather hear a Bloodgood album with Zaffiro on guitar over one with Paul Jackson ANY day of the week.
Back to top Go down
bgsully
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
bgsully

PostSubject: Re: Bloodgood news...   Bloodgood news... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 10, 2013 10:54 am

thejokeriv wrote:
bgsully wrote:
I would MUCH rather hear a Bloodgood album with Zaffiro on guitar over one with Paul Jackson ANY day of the week.

I'd have to agree with that. While; I like most of the Paul Jackson stuff, the Zaffiro years are my absolute favorite. Oz Fox is sure to add something special too, IMO.
Back to top Go down
bgsully
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
bgsully

PostSubject: Re: Bloodgood news...   Bloodgood news... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 03, 2013 12:12 pm

Yesterday, Bloodgood announced on thier Facebook page that the release date for "Dangerously Close" is scheduled for 10/31/13!
Back to top Go down
Sutekh
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Sutekh

Number of posts : 1466

PostSubject: Re: Bloodgood news...   Bloodgood news... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 03, 2013 11:43 pm

Wow. That date's dangerously close. *sound of crickets chirping*
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Bloodgood news...   Bloodgood news... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 04, 2013 3:09 am

And now the pre-sale price is 12$...

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
bgsully

PostSubject: Re: Bloodgood news...   Bloodgood news... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 04, 2013 6:41 am

Sutekh wrote:
lol!
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: Bloodgood news...   Bloodgood news... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 04, 2013 8:51 pm

bgsully wrote:
Sutekh wrote:
lol!
dont encourage him...

bgsully
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
bgsully

PostSubject: Re: Bloodgood news...   Bloodgood news... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 04, 2013 9:28 pm

exact33 wrote:
bgsully wrote:
Sutekh wrote:
lol!
dont encourage him...
Haha,  I will always encourage the cheese! :cheese:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bloodgood news...   Bloodgood news... - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down