Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Bloodgood news...

Go down 
+20
kmorg
Big Rich
corplhicks
Shawn Of Fire
mr.electric39
Dark Horseman
James B.
MetallicSeminarian
Infinite
thejokeriv
mikeinfla
Fat Freddy
bgsully
Addy
exact33
krokus
kethdredd
powermacho
T-Roy
ultmetal
24 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
AuthorMessage
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

Bloodgood news... - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bloodgood news...   Bloodgood news... - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 04, 2013 2:41 pm

Rock In A Hard Place is still their best album, IMO...I doubt this one would overtake it.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
MetallicSeminarian

Number of posts : 1698

PostSubject: Re: Bloodgood news...   Bloodgood news... - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 04, 2013 3:51 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
Rock In A Hard Place is still their best album, IMO...I doubt this one would overtake it.

Finally, someone agrees with me that RIAHP is the best!!!!!! headbanger cool tr00 
Back to top Go down
bgsully
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
bgsully

Number of posts : 1692

PostSubject: Re: Bloodgood news...   Bloodgood news... - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 04, 2013 3:55 pm

Detonation will always be my favorite, but RIAHP is a close second.
Back to top Go down
MetallicSeminarian
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
MetallicSeminarian

PostSubject: Re: Bloodgood news...   Bloodgood news... - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 04, 2013 4:00 pm

bgsully wrote:
Detonation will always be my favorite, but RIAHP is a close second.
Essentially, I reverse that. But those two are easily the best, IMHO.
Back to top Go down
Sutekh
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Sutekh

Number of posts : 1466

PostSubject: Re: Bloodgood news...   Bloodgood news... - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 05, 2013 8:08 pm

Always liked RIAHP, and the remaster Cliffy made available a few years ago through the CMR was excellent, adding much needed depth with the bass.
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: Bloodgood news...   Bloodgood news... - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 06, 2013 8:27 am

Sutekh wrote:
Always liked RIAHP, and the remaster Cliffy made available a few years ago through the CMR was excellent, adding much needed depth with the bass.
I'd love to hear that remastered...Cliffy always does a great job!

Detonation is my second fave...my least fave has always been All Stand Together...that one just never really grabbed me.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
MetallicSeminarian

PostSubject: Re: Bloodgood news...   Bloodgood news... - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 29, 2013 12:56 pm

Finally got the album. I'm listening through it. The album sounds great, the band sounds great, Les sounds great, but. . .

The songs themselves just aren't grabbing me like I hoped, like all their other releases. They're not bad at all, but don't seem special. I'm a massive Bloodgood fan and I've liked everything else they've done, but this one is leaving me a bit underwhelmed. Anyone else feel like me?
Back to top Go down
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

Number of posts : 7831

PostSubject: Re: Bloodgood news...   Bloodgood news... - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 29, 2013 1:05 pm

I actually liked it a lot from the get go but the 1st half is stronger IMO.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Bloodgood news...   Bloodgood news... - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 29, 2013 5:48 pm

MetallicSeminarian wrote:
Finally got the album. I'm listening through it. The album sounds great, the band sounds great, Les sounds great, but. . .

The songs themselves just aren't grabbing me like I hoped, like all their other releases. They're not bad at all, but don't seem special. I'm a massive Bloodgood fan and I've liked everything else they've done, but this one is leaving me a bit underwhelmed. Anyone else feel like me?

Nope, you're not the only one... I listened to it a few times on Spotify and don't feel a urge to go out and buy it
Back to top Go down
MetallicSeminarian
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
MetallicSeminarian

PostSubject: Re: Bloodgood news...   Bloodgood news... - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 29, 2013 5:53 pm

thejokeriv wrote:
MetallicSeminarian wrote:

Nope, you're not the only one... I listened to it a few times on Spotify and don't feel a urge to go out and buy it

I really can't pinpoint why I'm having this reaction other than the songwriting. But it's the first Bloodgood that hasn't hooked me immediately.

Also, "Father, Father" is probably the worst song they've ever done.
Back to top Go down
mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

Number of posts : 2477

PostSubject: Re: Bloodgood news...   Bloodgood news... - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 30, 2013 12:56 am

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
Sutekh wrote:
I'd love to hear that remastered...Cliffy always does a great job!

Detonation is my second fave...my least fave has always been All Stand Together...that one just never really grabbed me.

The Cliffy Remaster is the one they sell now. You can get it on iTunes (be careful and look for the one that has "Remastered Version" on the front cover, they look pretty much the same and both the remaster and original sell for the same price). I think they also sell it on the Bloodgood website. It does sound pretty awesome, much better than the original but the first 2 albums still my favorite. Been listening to the new one a lot lately and it has some excellent songs. Agree on Father, Father not a good song. Nor is I Can Hold On. Rest of it really good, especially the first 4 tracks.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bloodgood news...   Bloodgood news... - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bloodgood news...
Page 5 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5