Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Rare Iced Earth

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage

Rare Iced Earth Empty
PostSubject: Rare Iced Earth   Rare Iced Earth Icon_minitimeWed Apr 11, 2007 1:22 am

Does anyone download the things I upload? Haha.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=L2TG5YAU

That link includes a zip file of the following:

DEMONS & WIZARDS
- Heaven Denies (Demo)
- The Whistler (Alternate Version)

PURGATORY - (PRE-ICED EARTH)
- Haunted House (Incomplete Demo) *

PURGATORY - PSYCHOTIC DREAMS (DEMO)
- 1. Jack
- 2. In Jason's Mind

* Parts later used for Demons & Wizards' "Tear Down The Wall."

These are the rarest songs I have by Iced Earth. If anyone has any other pre-Iced Earth demos and is willing to share, please let me know.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

Rare Iced Earth Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rare Iced Earth   Rare Iced Earth Icon_minitimeWed Apr 11, 2007 1:23 am

sometimes i do... not this time though. Razz

Smindas
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

Number of posts : 2546

Rare Iced Earth Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rare Iced Earth   Rare Iced Earth Icon_minitimeWed Apr 11, 2007 6:04 am

I downlaod your stuff when it seems like I'll enjoy it ;P I actually have everything here but the D&W stuff, so I'll take that. I used to talk to one of the guys from Purgatory who left before they became IE and he sent me the Horror Show demo (just Psychotic Dreams with an extra track) and some live stuff from back in the day. I'll try and upload it later if there's any interest.

Rare Iced Earth Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rare Iced Earth   Rare Iced Earth Icon_minitimeWed Apr 11, 2007 1:17 pm

Smindas wrote:
I downlaod your stuff when it seems like I'll enjoy it ;P I actually have everything here but the D&W stuff, so I'll take that. I used to talk to one of the guys from Purgatory who left before they became IE and he sent me the Horror Show demo (just Psychotic Dreams with an extra track) and some live stuff from back in the day. I'll try and upload it later if there's any interest.
Hell yeah I'm interested! 🤘
Back to top Go down
Smindas
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

Rare Iced Earth Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rare Iced Earth   Rare Iced Earth Icon_minitimeWed Apr 11, 2007 3:48 pm

Enjoy, Eyesore!

Horrow Show - Dracula (absolutely nothing like the thrashing scream-a-long IE later recorded)
Live - Bladed Chain
Live - Burning Oasis (again different to the IE one)
Live - Jack
Live - Purgatory
Live - Stormrider (quite odd to hear with Gene Adam on it)

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=51L6G1R8

Rare Iced Earth Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rare Iced Earth   Rare Iced Earth Icon_minitimeWed Apr 11, 2007 5:57 pm

Smindas wrote:
Enjoy, Eyesore!

Horrow Show - Dracula (absolutely nothing like the thrashing scream-a-long IE later recorded)
Live - Bladed Chain
Live - Burning Oasis (again different to the IE one)
Live - Jack
Live - Purgatory
Live - Stormrider (quite odd to hear with Gene Adam on it)

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=51L6G1R8
Hell yeah! Thanks, man. I'll let you know what I think after I listen to them.

I'd love to hear this one:

http://www.metal-archives.com/release.php?id=47032

Not sure how accurate that is, but I'm assuming that would probably be the best demo the band recorded.
Back to top Go down

Rare Iced Earth Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rare Iced Earth   Rare Iced Earth Icon_minitimeWed Apr 11, 2007 6:56 pm

Nice. Cool to hear the original version of "1776." The demo of "Dracula," I've read before, is nothing like the Horror Show version. Too true, eh? I guess it's just a song of the same name.

Anyway, definitely cool to hear those early tunes. I'm always checking Soulseek for rare songs like this, but it seems like P2P is the way of the past. There's not a lot of results showing up these days.

Thanks again, bro! :metal:

EDIT: OK, what frickin' song did they re-use the end of this "Dracula" demo on? I can't figure it out, but I know they re-used it. I'm pretty sure it's a song from Iced Earth or Night of the Stormrider.
Back to top Go down
journeyman
Metal master
Metal master
journeyman

Number of posts : 883

Rare Iced Earth Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rare Iced Earth   Rare Iced Earth Icon_minitimeThu Apr 12, 2007 1:32 am

I grabbed both downloads...thanks. I love Iced Earth.
Back to top Go down
Smindas
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

Rare Iced Earth Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rare Iced Earth   Rare Iced Earth Icon_minitimeThu Apr 12, 2007 6:45 am

Eyesore wrote:

I'd love to hear this one:

http://www.metal-archives.com/release.php?id=47032

Not sure how accurate that is, but I'm assuming that would probably be the best demo the band recorded.
Mm, that definitely looks interesting. I've heard of Plea of Insanity but never actually heard the track. If anyone comes across this ever, upload it :D

Eyesore wrote:
Nice. Cool to hear the original version of "1776." The demo of "Dracula," I've read before, is nothing like the Horror Show version. Too true, eh? I guess it's just a song of the same name.
Man, I haven't given these demos a listen in a while. I completely forgot that Purgatory was 1776 minus the flute shenanigans.

Eyesore wrote:
EDIT: OK, what frickin' song did they re-use the end of this "Dracula" demo on? I can't figure it out, but I know they re-used it. I'm pretty sure it's a song from Iced Earth or Night of the Stormrider.
Hmm, well I definitely recognise the middle as the slow "Forbidden love..." bit from Diary. I'm pretty sure that ending is from the same bit of Diary.

Rare Iced Earth Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rare Iced Earth   Rare Iced Earth Icon_minitimeThu Apr 12, 2007 4:45 pm

"Diary!" You're right. Wow. I scanned through the songs last night and couldn't find that part. I thought it was used as the basis of a song, or at least on a much bigger scale, but it's pretty much the same exact 10- or 12-second part used in both songs. Nothing more.

Awesome. I love hearing stuff like this.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Rare Iced Earth Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rare Iced Earth   Rare Iced Earth Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rare Iced Earth
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: