Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

NFL 2008 discussion thread

Go down 
+9
metalinmyveins
SideShowDisaSter
exact33
Schbopo
scottmitchell74
tohostudios
XYZ
thejokeriv
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

NFL 2008 discussion thread - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: NFL 2008 discussion thread   NFL 2008 discussion thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 13, 2008 6:44 pm

Quote :
Some teams fire coaches when it's really the OWNERS that need to be fired.

Al Davis anyone?

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: NFL 2008 discussion thread   NFL 2008 discussion thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 13, 2008 6:46 pm

BTW, it's interesting that around these parts, management is not referring to Haslett as "interim coach", they refer to him as "head coach".

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: NFL 2008 discussion thread   NFL 2008 discussion thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 13, 2008 6:53 pm

tohostudios wrote:
Quote :
Some teams fire coaches when it's really the OWNERS that need to be fired.

Al Davis anyone?

The Raiders won't be successful until he dies
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: NFL 2008 discussion thread   NFL 2008 discussion thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 13, 2008 6:54 pm

Agreed.

The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: NFL 2008 discussion thread   NFL 2008 discussion thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 13, 2008 7:17 pm

Schbopo wrote:
It's better than being a Lions fan.

getting your teeth pulled everday for the rest of your life is better than being a lions fan Smile

At least in Philly we can cheer for the team since it wins still knowing they will screw it up in the end....

Alex

scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

PostSubject: Re: NFL 2008 discussion thread   NFL 2008 discussion thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 13, 2008 8:50 pm

Al Davis needs to go. I don't want to ever wish somebody's death, I just wish it would somehow occur to him that the game has passed him by....and hand over the reigns.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: NFL 2008 discussion thread   NFL 2008 discussion thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 14, 2008 2:11 am

Browns eat Eli for lunch!!! Open up 35-14 can of whoop ass on the Giants!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: NFL 2008 discussion thread   NFL 2008 discussion thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 14, 2008 2:16 pm

Yeah, they finally showed their potential. And Rams beat Washington?? Shocked
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: NFL 2008 discussion thread   NFL 2008 discussion thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 14, 2008 2:37 pm

Nazgul wrote:
Yeah, they finally showed their potential. And Rams beat Washington?? Shocked

Washington turned the ball over 4 times...just about anyone can beat you when you do that.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: NFL 2008 discussion thread   NFL 2008 discussion thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 14, 2008 4:05 pm

Pacman suspended. What a moron.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-nfl-jonessuspended&prov=ap&type=lgns

Card-carrying Van Halen Freak
XYZ

Number of posts : 2600

PostSubject: Re: NFL 2008 discussion thread   NFL 2008 discussion thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 14, 2008 4:09 pm

I will never understand why so much attention is paid to a guy who never really has done anything in the league.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: NFL 2008 discussion thread   NFL 2008 discussion thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 14, 2008 4:42 pm

I'm not a huge football fan, but I do love the Patriots. I just don't have time to be a rapid fan of the sport overall. But I do know the game just as well, but specific to my team. Anyway, I'm sick and tired of listening to people say Cassell sucks. It's like people aren't watching the damn game.

Is it the QBs fault when he gets sacked? Pffft! Why aren't his teammates open to receive the ball? Why is the offensive line allowing all those people through? Why aren't those carrying the ball going more than a few piddly yards each carry? Moreover, when Cassell does manage to get the ball in the air, the players are farking up the catches. And every time someone goes, "Well, Cassell just didn't get the ball there." Pffft! He may not be as good as Brady, but when you get right down to it, the guy has NEVER played in the NFL before this season. What do they expect? Maybe his pass is a bit off the mark, but a receiver can't jump a bit, move a few inches to the left? Screw that. They're lazy, overpaid turds.

Rant over.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: NFL 2008 discussion thread   NFL 2008 discussion thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 14, 2008 4:52 pm

Eyesore wrote:
I'm not a huge football fan, but I do love the Patriots. I just don't have time to be a rapid fan of the sport overall. But I do know the game just as well, but specific to my team. Anyway, I'm sick and tired of listening to people say Cassell sucks. It's like people aren't watching the damn game.

Is it the QBs fault when he gets sacked? Pffft! Why aren't his teammates open to receive the ball? Why is the offensive line allowing all those people through? Why aren't those carrying the ball going more than a few piddly yards each carry? Moreover, when Cassell does manage to get the ball in the air, the players are farking up the catches. And every time someone goes, "Well, Cassell just didn't get the ball there." Pffft! He may not be as good as Brady, but when you get right down to it, the guy has NEVER played in the NFL before this season. What do they expect? Maybe his pass is a bit off the mark, but a receiver can't jump a bit, move a few inches to the left? Screw that. They're lazy, overpaid turds.

Rant over.

I'm not a patriots fan, but Cassell doesn;t have the same quality of an offensive line that Brady did when Brady first stepped in for Bledsoe.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: NFL 2008 discussion thread   NFL 2008 discussion thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 15, 2008 12:58 pm

Cassell is just not that good, didn't even start in college. A modern QB has to be able to avoid the rush and still deliver the ball and so far he is struggling with that. In time he may learn that but it better be quick because NE isn't going to accept losing much.

As for Pacman, his first two years he was one of the top DB's in the league, and most arrested. Ha!

Dallas gets Roy Williams. Yessssssssssssssssss!
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: NFL 2008 discussion thread   NFL 2008 discussion thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 16, 2008 8:07 pm

too bad the cowgirls need a corner, not a WR...

Alex

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40553

PostSubject: Re: NFL 2008 discussion thread   NFL 2008 discussion thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 18, 2008 10:48 am

I'm a huge Steelers fan myself. Looking pretty good at the top of the division right now but we'll see come December after their brutal part of the schedule (Giants,Redskins,Colts,Chargers,Patriots,& Cowboys). Their offensive line is terrible and may cause their downfall. I can't believe they let their best lineman from last year go (Faneca),and not address it this past offseason.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: NFL 2008 discussion thread   NFL 2008 discussion thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 18, 2008 11:33 am

007 wrote:
I'm a huge Steelers fan myself. Looking pretty good at the top of the division right now but we'll see come December after their brutal part of the schedule (Giants,Redskins,Colts,Chargers,Patriots,& Cowboys). Their offensive line is terrible and may cause their downfall. I can't believe they let their best lineman from last year go (Faneca),and not address it this past offseason.

I noticed the Steelers offensive line looks like the offensive line in those Payton Manning commercials for an insurance company where his offense line is all kids!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: NFL 2008 discussion thread   NFL 2008 discussion thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 18, 2008 1:06 pm

thejokeriv wrote:
007 wrote:

I noticed the Steelers offensive line looks like the offensive line in those Payton Manning commercials for an insurance company where his offense line is all kids!

That's actually a Matt Hasselbeck commercial...the funny thing is that the Seahawks REAL offensive line is about the same as that commercial.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: NFL 2008 discussion thread   NFL 2008 discussion thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 18, 2008 3:46 pm

detuned wrote:
thejokeriv wrote:
007 wrote:

That's actually a Matt Hasselbeck commercial...the funny thing is that the Seahawks REAL offensive line is about the same as that commercial.

My bad - so many Manning commericals - you forget who other QB's in the NFL actually have commercials!
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: NFL 2008 discussion thread   NFL 2008 discussion thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 19, 2008 1:50 pm

Holy crap! The Rams put up 21 points on Dallas in the first quarter!

PostSubject: Re: NFL 2008 discussion thread   NFL 2008 discussion thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 19, 2008 1:59 pm

tohostudios wrote:
Holy crap! The Rams put up 21 points on Dallas in the first quarter!

I would be willing to bet they figure out a way to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory by the end of the game.

But in the meantime...the Cowboys bubble has most definitely burst.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: NFL 2008 discussion thread   NFL 2008 discussion thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 19, 2008 3:47 pm

8 minutes left and it's Rams-34; Cowboys-7 and Johnson just got picked off for the third time.

PostSubject: Re: NFL 2008 discussion thread   NFL 2008 discussion thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 19, 2008 4:44 pm

tohostudios wrote:
8 minutes left and it's Rams-34; Cowboys-7 and Johnson just got picked off for the third time.

Wow, good for the Rams. The Cowboys needed to be knocked down a few notches.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: NFL 2008 discussion thread   NFL 2008 discussion thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 19, 2008 5:04 pm

Final was 34-14 and it should've been worse. Rather than going for a 48 yard FG with about 5 mins left, the Rams pooch-punted then played prevent defense. Which of course allowed the Cowboys to score a cosmetic touchdown.

Ate his vegetables
Schbopo

Number of posts : 4958

PostSubject: Re: NFL 2008 discussion thread   NFL 2008 discussion thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 19, 2008 6:50 pm

Go Colts!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: NFL 2008 discussion thread   NFL 2008 discussion thread - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

NFL 2008 discussion thread
Page 2 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next