Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

NFL 2008 discussion thread

Go down 
+9
metalinmyveins
SideShowDisaSter
exact33
Schbopo
scottmitchell74
tohostudios
XYZ
thejokeriv
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
SideShowDisaSter
Roo Jockey
SideShowDisaSter

Number of posts : 4607

NFL 2008 discussion thread - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: NFL 2008 discussion thread   NFL 2008 discussion thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 27, 2008 4:15 pm

scottmitchell74 wrote:
...Bironas. I think he's good for about 20 points in my league (5 xtra points, 12 on field goals + 3 bonus points for long field goals). That's a sweet day for a kicker!

The league I have him in is kinda low scoring, but I STILL got 21 out of him. We score F.G.'s in the league as 3 points up to 39 yards. 40+ yards are 4 points each (50+ are 5 points each). 1 point for the point-afters, obviously.

The Titans D got me 24 total. I got 6 for the TAINT (touchdown after INT). Another 6 for the 3 forced turnovers (2 fumbles, and the INT). Another 4 for the sacks (they are only 1 point each). Got another 8 for holding the Lions to 13 points or less (you get 10 points for 3 or less points allowed).

I'm already up on the guy I'm playing by 45 points (which is a HUGE deficit in this league). It also helps that the Titans are my second favorite team (I'm a Cowboys fan first and foremost) and are now 11-1!

I've got Brian Westbrook, Larry Fitzgerald, and Steve Breaston going later on tonight. The guy I'm playing has Kurt Warner, so if he throws to Fitzgerald or Breaston.... Laughing

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: NFL 2008 discussion thread   NFL 2008 discussion thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 27, 2008 4:27 pm

That was a terrible rendition of the National Anthem to start the Cowboys game. Why oh why to singers insist on going all over the scale when they sing this song? Just sing the damn thing and stop with the Mariah Carey impersonation!

Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

PostSubject: Re: NFL 2008 discussion thread   NFL 2008 discussion thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 27, 2008 5:18 pm

Quote :
I've got Brian Westbrook, Larry Fitzgerald, and Steve Breaston going later on tonight. The guy I'm playing has Kurt Warner, so if he throws to Fitzgerald or Breaston.... Laughing

I've got Warner, Boldin, Breaston and Rackers!!! The Cards have been carrying me all year!

Quote :
That was a terrible rendition of the National Anthem to start the Cowboys game. Why oh why to singers insist on going all over the scale when they sing this song? Just sing the damn thing and stop with the Mariah Carey impersonation!

Couldn't agree more. That's what we all said gathered around the table watching her sing. Just sing it right!!!
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: NFL 2008 discussion thread   NFL 2008 discussion thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 27, 2008 7:21 pm

And another zzzzz Thanksgiving game.

Since I don't get NFL Network, I'll be watching the Texas/Texas A&M game tonight. Hopefully that will be more competitive than these pro games have been (although I doubt it).

Sure am glad the turkey I cooked kicked major butt. That may have been the best one I've ever made. I didn't do anything special to it but it really had great flavor!

And I have 10 packs of frozen leftover turkey. Bring on the sandwiches!

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: NFL 2008 discussion thread   NFL 2008 discussion thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 27, 2008 8:06 pm

SWEET NFL T-DAY for me! My Cowboys win and for FF - 30 pt for Chris Johnson, 22 for Jason Witten and 45 for Tony Romo! Hopefully I can pull out the winn, still have Larry Fitzgerald tonight and on Sunday - Bernard Berrian, Greg Jennings, Michael Turner (at the draft I got comments like "he's not going to do anything"), Jason Elam and NY Jets Defense
Back to top Go down
SideShowDisaSter
Roo Jockey
SideShowDisaSter

PostSubject: Re: NFL 2008 discussion thread   NFL 2008 discussion thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 27, 2008 8:25 pm

tohostudios wrote:
And I have 10 packs of frozen leftover turkey. Bring on the sandwiches!

Yah, mine tasted quite good as well. Only thing different I did was small pieces of diced garlic under the skin over the breast meat.

I've got 3 tupperware things full of leftover turkey, and the two drumsticks are wrapped in foil waiting for my lunch tomorrow! lol!

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: NFL 2008 discussion thread   NFL 2008 discussion thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 27, 2008 8:32 pm

Quote :
Yah, mine tasted quite good as well. Only thing different I did was small pieces of diced garlic under the skin over the breast meat.

Mmmm...that sounds good. I might have to try that.

Roo Jockey
SideShowDisaSter

PostSubject: Re: NFL 2008 discussion thread   NFL 2008 discussion thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 27, 2008 10:09 pm

tohostudios wrote:
Quote :

Mmmm...that sounds good. I might have to try that.

Yah, it's good. I usually do it if I'm roasting a chicken, but it translates well to turkey. Just take a garlic clove, cut it into fours and then cut those 4 pieces in fours. Lightly seperate the skin from the breast meat with your fingers and just space your garlic out evenly on both sides. Cooks down into the meat REALLY well.

scottmitchell74

PostSubject: Re: NFL 2008 discussion thread   NFL 2008 discussion thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 27, 2008 10:12 pm

All the sudden I'm getting worried. Warner with two picks and Boldin with just one catch!!!?!?!? Is he hurt?
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: NFL 2008 discussion thread   NFL 2008 discussion thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 27, 2008 10:35 pm

scottmitchell74 wrote:
All the sudden I'm getting worried. Warner with two picks and Boldin with just one catch!!!?!?!? Is he hurt?

Yeah, no joke! 18 yards only for fitzgerald?????? At least I got 1 TD from him, but I need more yards!!!
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
scottmitchell74

PostSubject: Re: NFL 2008 discussion thread   NFL 2008 discussion thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 27, 2008 10:45 pm

Ah!!! Warner's coming back...good....and Boldin's starting to get looks....good....but I have Breaston on my bench and he's scoring big! And, I have Rackers as my K and he's got one measly point!
Back to top Go down
SideShowDisaSter
Roo Jockey
SideShowDisaSter

PostSubject: Re: NFL 2008 discussion thread   NFL 2008 discussion thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 27, 2008 11:01 pm

Westbrook; 4 TDs, Fitzgerald; 2 TDs, Breaston; 1 TD....

I'm scoring HUGE on top of my big scores from Bironas and the Titans D. If I had started McNabb instead of Jeff Garcia....holy crap!

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: NFL 2008 discussion thread   NFL 2008 discussion thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 28, 2008 10:03 am

SideShowDisaSter wrote:

I'm scoring HUGE on top of my big scores from Bironas and the Titans D. If I had started McNabb instead of Jeff Garcia....holy crap!

Titans D scored 30 + points in my league (of course, I don't have them). I'm already at 116 points and I still have 5 positions left to play on Sunday! Fitzgerald did come up big for me!
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: NFL 2008 discussion thread   NFL 2008 discussion thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 30, 2008 10:36 am

Plaxico Burress is an idiot.

What's with these athletes always spinning what I call The Wheel Of Misfortune? Take any combination of the following: women, late nights, night clubs, posses, guns, alcohol. Spin the wheel and if three of those things are in effect at the same time, it always spells trouble.

And now Antonio Pierce is involved for allegedly ditching the gun. Roger Goodell needs to drop the hammer on these guys. Especially if Burress didn't have a permit for the gun.

scottmitchell74

PostSubject: Re: NFL 2008 discussion thread   NFL 2008 discussion thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 30, 2008 10:50 am

Yes! Idiots!!
Back to top Go down
SideShowDisaSter
Roo Jockey
SideShowDisaSter

PostSubject: Re: NFL 2008 discussion thread   NFL 2008 discussion thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 30, 2008 4:33 pm

thejokeriv wrote:
SideShowDisaSter wrote:

I'm already at 116 points...

As I've said, the money league I'm in is pretty low scoring. I'm sitting at 103 points right now (didn't start Donald Driver (would have been 8 more, got 0 for starting Anthony Gonzalez) or Donovan McNabb (would have been roughly 20 more, only got 8 from Jeff Garcia)) and I'm the first to break 100 this season. It's the last game of our regular season going on right now.

I've still got Thomas Jones to go, so I could get even more points! 🤘

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: NFL 2008 discussion thread   NFL 2008 discussion thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 30, 2008 4:46 pm

Alright! Lambs lose again. Now if only Detroit and Cincinnati would start winning. Cmon Lambs, you can do it! You can lose out!

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: NFL 2008 discussion thread   NFL 2008 discussion thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 30, 2008 6:27 pm

I've got an automatic playoff bye next week - I'll end up number 2 in my league (money league) - I've got a decent chance of winning it all!!!!
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: NFL 2008 discussion thread   NFL 2008 discussion thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 30, 2008 6:32 pm

I'm loving this Pittsburgh/New England game!

My most hated team in the NFL keeps coughing up the ball! *Nelson laugh* "Hah ha!"

Stillers 23, Patsies 10; 3rd quarter

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: NFL 2008 discussion thread   NFL 2008 discussion thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 30, 2008 6:35 pm

tohostudios wrote:
I'm loving this Pittsburgh/New England game!

My most hated team in the NFL keeps coughing up the ball! *Nelson laugh* "Hah ha!"

Stillers 23, Patsies 10; 3rd quarter

Sweet! I've got the atlanta/SD game on and have been switching to the jets/broncos. Can't stand the pats, glad they are losing!!!!!
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: NFL 2008 discussion thread   NFL 2008 discussion thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 30, 2008 6:40 pm

Holy crap!

Another freaking fumble by NE! The Pats have three lost fumbles in their last nine touches!

This game was 10-10 at the half. Now Da Stillers have the ball in great field position again up 23-10.

scottmitchell74

PostSubject: Re: NFL 2008 discussion thread   NFL 2008 discussion thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 30, 2008 7:09 pm

Quote :
I've got an automatic playoff bye next week - I'll end up number 2 in my league (money league) - I've got a decent chance of winning it all!!!!

Ugh....this opens a wound for me. I'm in a league of whiners. There's 10 of us and 6 of us will make the playoffs!!! I was for a 4 team playoffs, but got voted down. Of course as it turns out, I'm the #1 seed, but will still have to get through 2 rounds which is bogus considering what happens at the end of seasons with starters getting rested. I'll still have a 75% chance of at least breaking even since I get a first round bye.
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

PostSubject: Re: NFL 2008 discussion thread   NFL 2008 discussion thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 30, 2008 9:56 pm

scottmitchell74 wrote:
Quote :

Ugh....this opens a wound for me. I'm in a league of whiners. There's 10 of us and 6 of us will make the playoffs!!! I was for a 4 team playoffs, but got voted down. Of course as it turns out, I'm the #1 seed, but will still have to get through 2 rounds which is bogus considering what happens at the end of seasons with starters getting rested. I'll still have a 75% chance of at least breaking even since I get a first round bye.

last year i did a fantasy and came in last with the most points lol. I still talk smack to those guys cuz the winner won with a record of 6-8 hahah. I said fantasy is about picking the best players at each position and matching them up against who they will do against. Unfortunately the winner had Brady and Peterson last year.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: NFL 2008 discussion thread   NFL 2008 discussion thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 07, 2008 4:46 pm

So while the rest of the country gets an intriguing game between Dallas and Pittsburgh, I'm stuck watching some JV team....er The Rams get manhandled by Arizona. Already 14-0. Sigh.

Card-carrying Van Halen Freak
XYZ

Number of posts : 2600

PostSubject: Re: NFL 2008 discussion thread   NFL 2008 discussion thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 07, 2008 8:34 pm

Cards finally won the division. At last! cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: NFL 2008 discussion thread   NFL 2008 discussion thread - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

NFL 2008 discussion thread
Page 5 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next