Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Worst albums of all time

Go down 
+22
journeyman
Required Fields
Selvmord
Vordul
rattpoison
DallasBlack
Stender
ThrashedOutCobra33
DeathCult
Jedilink
SAHB Healer
mr.electric39
Temple of Blood
Thrasher73
kmorg
caniplaywithmadness?
MetalGuy71
stepcousin
sovdat
mc666
ultmetal
26 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

Worst albums of all time - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worst albums of all time   Worst albums of all time - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 14, 2008 11:39 pm

Theres alot I dont agree with on this list. And the fact that the Vinnie Vincent Invasion is on the list has me REALLY pissed off.

Last edited by DeathCult on Wed Apr 16, 2008 9:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

PostSubject: Re: Worst albums of all time   Worst albums of all time - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 15, 2008 12:04 am

Why Kenny G? why Bathory? that list is weird, man.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Worst albums of all time   Worst albums of all time - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 15, 2008 1:14 am

Oh man, lol....I got totally freak out when I was looking through....

I was skimming through the whole list really quick, just looking at album covers. Since I was going so quickly, I got only a glimpse, but I could make out albums of bands I like. Anyway, when I passed Dream Theater's cover of Master of Puppets, I thought for a couple of seconds that they included Master of Puppets on this list!

On a side note: this list is dispicable, at least from a rock/metal perspective. Obviously, we're always going to have our biases. But, it seems that they just pick the albums that sold the worst during our bands' least commercially successful periods. I mean, come on: why is Aerosmith's Rock in a Hard Place on there?! Sure, it's no Rocks or Toys in the Attic, but RIAHP is a stellar, heavy, retro album.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Worst albums of all time   Worst albums of all time - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 15, 2008 1:18 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
With a list of 5000, there's bound to be some questionable/objectionable choices.

Yeah, I'm not going to even bother to go through that list.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
rattpoison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

Number of posts : 2682

PostSubject: Re: Worst albums of all time   Worst albums of all time - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 15, 2008 1:41 am

You guys are getting this list all wrong.

This list is the lowest rated music albums by music fans. Rateyourmusic is a huge community of dedicated music fans.

So the top one is that novelty Crazy Frog album, it averaged 0.73 out of 5 from 300 or so ratings. And then everything after that is progressively higher.

You see something like the Clash's Cut the Crap at 20 because fans of the Clash think it is a terrible album of which it is. But still at number 20 it still averages 1.88 out of 5 from a collective of 390 ratings.

So those Aerosmith, Dio, Megadeth albums in the top 200 still average around 2.5 out of 5 which isn't to say their horrible but just that fans of those bands didn't exactly see those releases as strong as the rest of their material thus the lowish middling ratings.

Here's the top rated albums from Rateyourmusic as a comparison

http://rateyourmusic.com/charts/top/album/all-time
Back to top Go down
Vordul
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Vordul

Number of posts : 322

PostSubject: Re: Worst albums of all time   Worst albums of all time - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 15, 2008 1:55 am

sick LAETHORA - MARCH OF THE PARASITE sick

anything by HEATHEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

yes i said it....................i can't stand them! Worst albums of all time - Page 2 288219
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Worst albums of all time   Worst albums of all time - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 15, 2008 6:39 am

Eh, the list was better than I thought it'd be.

Still a few ridiculous choices on there though. Metal Magic? Against? Risk? Simpsons Sing The Blues? Worst albums of all time - Page 2 19976
Back to top Go down
Selvmord
Metal student
Metal student
Selvmord

Number of posts : 238

PostSubject: Re: Worst albums of all time   Worst albums of all time - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 15, 2008 8:35 pm

Highest one I have is 131. Dio - Angry Machines.
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
DeathCult

PostSubject: Re: Worst albums of all time   Worst albums of all time - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 15, 2008 8:52 pm

Black Sabbath's Born Again shouldnt be on there either. But seeing it is rateyourmusic like rattpoison explained, it does make sense.

One I REALLY didnt understand though:

Kiss- Lick It Up

Have they gone mad?
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28454

PostSubject: Re: Worst albums of all time   Worst albums of all time - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 15, 2008 10:29 pm

#1 worst ever should definitely be Metallica - St. Anger.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
rattpoison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

PostSubject: Re: Worst albums of all time   Worst albums of all time - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 16, 2008 1:07 am

DeathCult wrote:
Black Sabbath's Born Again shouldnt be on there either. But seeing it is rateyourmusic like rattpoison explained, it does make sense.

One I REALLY didnt understand though:

Kiss- Lick It Up

Have they gone mad?

You mean the fans have gone mad that voted for those.

Still Born Again and Lick It Up average a bit over 3 out of 5 in their respective ratings which isn't a total disaster.

Depends how deep you go in that list.
Back to top Go down
SAHB Healer
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
SAHB Healer

Number of posts : 2793

PostSubject: Re: Worst albums of all time   Worst albums of all time - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 16, 2008 2:51 am

rattpoison wrote:

This list is the lowest rated music albums by music fans. Rateyourmusic is a huge community of dedicated music fans.

So the top one is that novelty Crazy Frog album, it averaged 0.73 out of 5 from 300 or so ratings. And then everything after that is progressively higher.

So what you are saying is that the list is mislabeled, and really represents the most DISAPPOINTING albums of all time according to these band's fans; rather than necessarily the Worst of all time per se.
This begs the question as to what sort of genius Crazy Frog had displayed previously to leave his (their?) legions of fans so bitterly disappointed with this particular product? Smile
Back to top Go down
rattpoison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

PostSubject: Re: Worst albums of all time   Worst albums of all time - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 16, 2008 3:24 am

SAHB Healer wrote:
rattpoison wrote:

So what you are saying is that the list is mislabeled, and really represents the most DISAPPOINTING albums of all time according to these band's fans; rather than necessarily the Worst of all time per se.
This begs the question as to what sort of genius Crazy Frog had displayed previously to leave his (their?) legions of fans so bitterly disappointed with this particular product? Smile

Well as you know Crazy Frog's earlier stuff rocked, raw and rocked with integrity.

But as with most good artists Crazy Frog sold out ala Metallica, Goo Goo Dolls and a a big backlash came from Crazy Frog's troo fans that were their right from the start. Leaving the clueless public to happily accept Crazy Frog as nice little curio and one hit wonder in their disposable pop culture.
Back to top Go down
journeyman
Metal master
Metal master
journeyman

Number of posts : 883

PostSubject: Re: Worst albums of all time   Worst albums of all time - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 16, 2008 9:09 am

How is it possible Led Zeppelin, Deep Purple, Aerosmith, Iron Maiden, ZZ Top made that list. These are great bands, not your everyday flavor of the month junk but good solid music.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Worst albums of all time   Worst albums of all time - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 16, 2008 9:36 am

What should have made the list...BELLADONNA - Spells of Fear. I actually paid full price for that CD when it was first released. Blech!

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: Worst albums of all time   Worst albums of all time - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 16, 2008 11:13 am

Wow... The 5000 worst albums of all time. That's a little excessive. I wonder what the 5000 Best Albums of all-time are. I'm sure that would truly be an elite list. Rolling Eyes

I didn't go past the first page, but it looks like this list was made up by a bunch of "real" metalheads that hate pop music, boy bands and anything modern that claims to be metal. They were just spamming the list and putting stuff on there just to put stuff on there.

Check out my blog soon, I'll be doing the 10,000 Worst Albums of All Time in the next day or so.
Back to top Go down
SAHB Healer
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
SAHB Healer

Number of posts : 2793

PostSubject: Re: Worst albums of all time   Worst albums of all time - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 16, 2008 7:04 pm

From what I understand, there was a huge backlash on Crazy Frog, as he was accused of showing his cartoon dong on TV. Shades of Jim Morrrison!
Back to top Go down
XYZ
Card-carrying Van Halen Freak
XYZ

Number of posts : 2600

PostSubject: Re: Worst albums of all time   Worst albums of all time - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 16, 2008 7:05 pm

2044 - On Through The Night Def Leppard

Really?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Worst albums of all time   Worst albums of all time - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 16, 2008 8:40 pm

I agree with a lot of band in the lsit but...WTF with KISS!? And espacially with Peter Criss's album there's some great songs in it.
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
DeathCult

PostSubject: Re: Worst albums of all time   Worst albums of all time - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 16, 2008 9:03 pm

I agree with Gene's Album being on their though terrible stuff.

My question there is though, they really felt the '78 album was worse that A**hole?
Back to top Go down
White_Mage
Metal master
Metal master
White_Mage

Number of posts : 535

PostSubject: Re: Worst albums of all time   Worst albums of all time - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2008 12:31 am

I dont know what the point of having this list is everyone has favorite and least favorite albums let people make up their own minds i hate when people try to determine what is the "best" or the "worst" it can't be done folks

"to each his own" thats what I think
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Worst albums of all time   Worst albums of all time - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2008 12:44 am

ultmetal wrote:
What should have made the list...BELLADONNA - Spells of Fear. I actually paid full price for that CD when it was first released. Blech!
so did i, because i had liked his self titled album quite a bit. Spells was so weak though. in production, performance & song writing.

rattpoison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

PostSubject: Re: Worst albums of all time   Worst albums of all time - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2008 12:54 am

Again everyone you are getting this list all wrong.

Here is my original post to help you understand:

You see something like the Clash's Cut the Crap at 20 because fans of the Clash think it is a terrible album of which it is. But still at number 20 it still averages 1.88 out of 5 from a collective of 390 ratings.

So those Aerosmith, Dio, Megadeth albums in the top 200 still average around 2.5 out of 5 which isn't to say their horrible but just that fans of those bands didn't exactly see those releases as strong as the rest of their material thus the lowish middling ratings.

Here's the top rated albums from Rateyourmusic as a comparison

http://rateyourmusic.com/charts/top/album/all-time
Back to top Go down
Chairman_Smith
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Chairman_Smith

Number of posts : 1636

PostSubject: Re: Worst albums of all time   Worst albums of all time - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2008 8:01 am

ultmetal wrote:

It didn't grow on you even a little?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Worst albums of all time   Worst albums of all time - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2008 8:03 am

Yeah the first one is Abbey Road and I agree.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Worst albums of all time   Worst albums of all time - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Worst albums of all time
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next