Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Worst Metal Albums of All Time

Go down 
+34
Witchfinder
tohostudios
arachnoplasma
DallasBlack
JBall_Z
thejokeriv
sheets
TheGreatDuck
kmorg
jstate
iamrockerfun
mlotek
Schbopo
stormspell
GrandNational
exact33
Troublezone
jettafiend
Lari
MEGATRON
A Handful of Wayne
DeathCult
Lurideath
Temple of Blood
manny
MetalGuy71
metalinmyveins
Mglaffas81
Fat Freddy
Vexer6
mc666
ultmetal
Cognitive Dissonance
38 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Cognitive Dissonance
Metal student
Metal student
Cognitive Dissonance

Number of posts : 124

Worst Metal Albums of All Time Empty
PostSubject: Worst Metal Albums of All Time   Worst Metal Albums of All Time Icon_minitimeTue Sep 27, 2011 4:06 pm

http://new.music.yahoo.com/blogs/listoftheday/141511/the-ten-worst-heavy-metal-albums-of-all-time/

I'd like the opinons of people who actually listen to metal. What's your worst METAL albums of all time?
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Worst Metal Albums of All Time   Worst Metal Albums of All Time Icon_minitimeTue Sep 27, 2011 4:17 pm

First two that come to mind:
Belladonna - Spells of Fear
Metallica - St. Anger

Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Worst Metal Albums of All Time   Worst Metal Albums of All Time Icon_minitimeTue Sep 27, 2011 4:21 pm

Manowar - Gods Of War
Megadeth - Risk

Vexer6
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Vexer6

Number of posts : 1307

PostSubject: Re: Worst Metal Albums of All Time   Worst Metal Albums of All Time Icon_minitimeTue Sep 27, 2011 4:23 pm

I sorta liked Spells Of Fear, I won't defend St. Anger in the least though, i'd sooner listen to the Jonas brothers then to ever go near that piece of smurf poo again! lol!
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37654

PostSubject: Re: Worst Metal Albums of All Time   Worst Metal Albums of All Time Icon_minitimeTue Sep 27, 2011 4:28 pm

Funny list, though most of the albums on it are the "usual suspects" that come up in casual-fan conversations.

Love this comment about Raven's PACK IS BACK though:

Quote :
Raven were building a strong base back in the early 1980s, but then, like so many bands who wanted to stay employed, they listened to their record company and made this, this...thing, complete with a cover of the Spencer Davis Group's "Gimme Some Lovin'." Because everyone knows you break an underground metal band with a Stevie Winwood song.

Laughing very hard It's funny cuz it's true.

As for me, ST. ANGER is the obvious "go-to" record for "Worst ever," and I see it's been mentioned numerous times already. I see mc666 has also beaten me to nominating Manowar's GODS OF WAR, that would definitely be up there. Ugh.

Never had much use for Helloween's CHAMELEON either.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Mglaffas81
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Mglaffas81

Number of posts : 2255

PostSubject: Re: Worst Metal Albums of All Time   Worst Metal Albums of All Time Icon_minitimeTue Sep 27, 2011 4:32 pm

St. Anger is far from the worst metal album ever made - Seriously, I do understand it's the "easy answer" - but it really is not. By far
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Worst Metal Albums of All Time   Worst Metal Albums of All Time Icon_minitimeTue Sep 27, 2011 4:34 pm

Mglaffas81 wrote:

St. Anger is far from the worst metal album ever made - Seriously, I do understand it's the "easy answer" - but it really is not. By far

This is a true statement. Why? Because this album exists:

Worst Metal Albums of All Time Killen

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Vexer6
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Vexer6

PostSubject: Re: Worst Metal Albums of All Time   Worst Metal Albums of All Time Icon_minitimeTue Sep 27, 2011 4:38 pm

The Pack Is Back is actually a guilty pleasure of mine, there was one album i've heard that might've actually been worse then St. Anger though. It was by some all-female thrash band back in the 80s that I forgot the name of, they were all German, so when they were screaming(which was most of the time) you'd NEVER guess they were female, it has some of the worst production you'll ever hear, it sounds rose then many bands demos, the lyrics are barely audible, and none of the band knows how to play an instrument, it's just awful beyond words.

Last edited by Vexer6 on Tue Sep 27, 2011 5:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Worst Metal Albums of All Time   Worst Metal Albums of All Time Icon_minitimeTue Sep 27, 2011 4:41 pm

Vexer6 wrote:
The Pack Is Back is actually a guilty pleasure of mine, there was one album i've heard that might've actually been worse then St. Anger though. It was by some all-female thrash band back in the 80s that I forgot the name of, they were all German, so when they were screaming(which was most of the time) you'd NEVER guess they were female, it has some of the worst production you'll ever hear, it sounds then the many bands demos, the lyrics are barely audible, and none of the band knows how to play an instrument, it's just awful beyond words.
that reminds me of Thrash Queen, cept they were American.

Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Worst Metal Albums of All Time   Worst Metal Albums of All Time Icon_minitimeTue Sep 27, 2011 4:41 pm

Quote :
The Pack Is Back is actually a guilty pleasure of mine

Mine too. Actually, I can defend certain tracks on nearly every album on that list, with the exceptions of Chinese Democracy, Def Leppard's Slang and the Corabi Crue record... and those are only cuz I've never heard any of 'em and honestly am in no hurry to do so.

Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: Worst Metal Albums of All Time   Worst Metal Albums of All Time Icon_minitimeTue Sep 27, 2011 4:42 pm

I think Motley Crue's Theatre of Pain is pretty damn bad. When Mick Mars stated that "Home Sweet Home" saved that album, then what does that tell you? For me, the only really good tune on that album was "Louder Than Hell", as it was the only song which could have been on one of their two previous albums. Motley Crue lost all their momentum, which is a key in what defines a bad album, and unfortunately for them, they never really got it back...
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Worst Metal Albums of All Time   Worst Metal Albums of All Time Icon_minitimeTue Sep 27, 2011 4:54 pm

Quote :
For me, the only really good tune on that album was "Louder Than Hell",

That's probably because it was originally demo'd during the SHOUT AT THE DEVIL era (as "Hotter than Hell") - the original demo version is a bonus track on the S.O.T.D. remaster from about ten years ago.

Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Worst Metal Albums of All Time   Worst Metal Albums of All Time Icon_minitimeTue Sep 27, 2011 4:57 pm

St. Anger trumps anything else you can throw out there for me. Period.

The only redeeming quality I could muster up is that they went old school and got Pushead to do the cover art. And even that is being generous.

I'd question/defend some of those other choices too. Corabi-Crue is a good album, just not a good Motely Crue album. And I still like Chinese Democracy. Worst Metal Albums of All Time 778825

Last edited by MetalGuy71 on Tue Sep 27, 2011 5:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: Worst Metal Albums of All Time   Worst Metal Albums of All Time Icon_minitimeTue Sep 27, 2011 5:03 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Quote :

That's probably because it was originally demo'd during the SHOUT AT THE DEVIL era (as "Hotter than Hell") - the original demo version is a bonus track on the S.O.T.D. remaster from about ten years ago.

Who knows, it very well could have been? Nikki Sixx should have kept with the black magic he was into during the Shout days or kept sticking it to Lita Ford for musical inspiration!
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Worst Metal Albums of All Time   Worst Metal Albums of All Time Icon_minitimeTue Sep 27, 2011 5:10 pm

I think that list sucks and like someone said the usual suspects, but the guy who wrote this is a complete sfincter.

The worst metal album, hell the worst album since music was first commited to magnetic tape is this abomination, which if you listen to it, you will believe that Satan does indeed exists and that this will be the house band that will torture your damned torture soul for an eternity, where satan's demons will poke your posterior with burning pitchforks, may I present a band I was blissfully unaware of til Freddy introduced me this horror:

Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Worst Metal Albums of All Time   Worst Metal Albums of All Time Icon_minitimeTue Sep 27, 2011 5:11 pm

metalinmyveins wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
Quote :

Who knows, it very well could have been? Nikki Sixx should have kept with the black magic he was into during the Shout days or kept sticking it to Lita Ford for musical inspiration!

Or he could have learned to play his instrument.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Worst Metal Albums of All Time   Worst Metal Albums of All Time Icon_minitimeTue Sep 27, 2011 5:14 pm

manny wrote:
I think that list sucks and like someone said the usual suspects, but the guy who wrote this is a complete sfincter.

The worst metal album, hell the worst album since music was first commited to magnetic tape is this abomination, which if you listen to it, you will believe that Satan does indeed exists and that this will be the house band that will torture your damned torture soul for an eternity, where satan's demons will poke your posterior with burning pitchforks, may I present a band I was blissfully unaware of til Freddy introduced me this horror:

Laughing very hard

I've never met Manny in person but I firmly believe that if I ever do so, the first thing he's gonna do is punch me right in the mouth and scream "THAT is for Killen!" ... and then we'll go out and get drunk. Very Happy

Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Worst Metal Albums of All Time   Worst Metal Albums of All Time Icon_minitimeTue Sep 27, 2011 5:16 pm

manny wrote:

Your obviously not troo and kvlt, or whatever the stupid term for being a fan of only the most underground, unheard of stuff is.

I'd put Robert Sweet's Love Trash on a list of albums I think are "the worst".

I like the self-titled Crue album.

"Pack is Back" is a bad album for Raven. Had it been any number of hair metal bands that recorded that album, it might have been a hit. Raven's fanbase wasn't looking for cartoon pop metal. They were fans of Anthrax, Metallica, Exciter, etc.

mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Worst Metal Albums of All Time   Worst Metal Albums of All Time Icon_minitimeTue Sep 27, 2011 5:18 pm

ultmetal wrote:
manny wrote:

Your obviously not troo and kvlt, or whatever the stupid term for being a fan of only the most underground, unheard of stuff is.

I'd put Robert Sweet's Love Trash on a list of albums I think are "the worst".

Compared to this album "Love Trash' is partically 'Dark Side of the Moon'. Even Jesus is going have a hard time forgiving Killen for commiting crimes against music.
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Worst Metal Albums of All Time   Worst Metal Albums of All Time Icon_minitimeTue Sep 27, 2011 5:37 pm

Didn't Brian Slagel say RAVEN was one of the bands he was most disappointed with?
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3893

PostSubject: Re: Worst Metal Albums of All Time   Worst Metal Albums of All Time Icon_minitimeTue Sep 27, 2011 5:42 pm

Slayer - Diabolus In Musica
Guns N Roses - All of them
Pantera - All of them
Metallica - Everything after Master of Puppets

Thats already way more than 10. But I'll keep going.

Sepultura - Roots
WASP - KFD
Accept - Eat the Heat
Celtic Frost - Cold Lake
Black Sabbath - Forbidden
Forbidden - Green
Anthrax - We've Come For You All
Anthrax - Stomp 442
Obituary - World Demise
Testament - Demonic
Mortificiation - Triumph of Mercy
Mortification - EnVision EvAngeline
Mortification - Blood World
Mortification - Hammer of God
Mortification - The Silver Chord is Severed
Neon Cross - Torn (if it can be called Metal)

This list can go for DAYS!

Last edited by Lurideath on Tue Sep 27, 2011 5:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Vexer6
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Vexer6

PostSubject: Re: Worst Metal Albums of All Time   Worst Metal Albums of All Time Icon_minitimeTue Sep 27, 2011 5:46 pm

mc666 wrote:
Vexer6 wrote:
The Pack Is Back is actually a guilty pleasure of mine, there was one album i've heard that might've actually been worse then St. Anger though. It was by some all-female thrash band back in the 80s that I forgot the name of, they were all German, so when they were screaming(which was most of the time) you'd NEVER guess they were female, it has some of the worst production you'll ever hear, it sounds then the many bands demos, the lyrics are barely audible, and none of the band knows how to play an instrument, it's just awful beyond words.
that reminds me of Thrash Queen, cept they were American.
Actually come to think of it, it was Thrash Queen I was thinking of, I heard osmewhere that they were German, guess that was a load of BS. "ManSlayer" is one of the worst songs i've ever had the displeasure of hearing.
Back to top Go down
Vexer6
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Vexer6

PostSubject: Re: Worst Metal Albums of All Time   Worst Metal Albums of All Time Icon_minitimeTue Sep 27, 2011 5:51 pm

What about Cryptopsy-The Unspoken King? I've heard some awful things about that one, though it didn't sound that bad to me.
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: Worst Metal Albums of All Time   Worst Metal Albums of All Time Icon_minitimeTue Sep 27, 2011 5:52 pm

Lurideath wrote:
Slayer - Diabolus In Musica
Guns N Roses - All of them
Pantera - All of them
Metallica - Everything after Master of Puppets

Thats already way more than 10. But I'll keep going.

Sepultura - Roots
Accept - Eath the Heat
WASP - KFD
Accept - Eat the Heat
Celtic Frost - Cold Lake
Black Sabbath - Forbidden
Forbidden - Green
Anthrax - We've Come For You All
Anthrax - Stomp 442
Obituary - World Demise
Testament - Demonic
Mortificiation - Triumph of Mercy
Mortification - EnVision EvAngeline
Mortification - Blood World
Mortification - Hammer of God
Mortification - The Silver Chord is Severed
Neon Cross - Torn (if it can be called Metal)

This list can go for DAYS!

That Accept pissed you off so bad you had to list it twice eh? lol!
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Worst Metal Albums of All Time   Worst Metal Albums of All Time Icon_minitimeTue Sep 27, 2011 5:53 pm

"Green" is a terrible album but "Diabolas" is underrated.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Worst Metal Albums of All Time   Worst Metal Albums of All Time Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Worst Metal Albums of All Time
Page 1 of 6Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next