Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What CD(s) should be reissued?

Go down 
+11
XYZ
A Handful of Wayne
Troublezone
the sentinel
Thrasher73
Olafsto
manny
ultmetal
Fat Freddy
Shiney
tohostudios
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

What CD(s) should be reissued? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What CD(s) should be reissued?   What CD(s) should be reissued? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 03, 2008 12:04 pm

detuned wrote:

Coroner - No More Color, Grin (Mental Vortex seems to still be available)

And Death Cult, dont forget that one. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37656

PostSubject: Re: What CD(s) should be reissued?   What CD(s) should be reissued? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 03, 2008 12:25 pm

I'd like to see X-Sinner's first two albums (GET IT and PEACE TREATY) reissued, especially GET IT. I have CD-Rs of both but would love to have "real" CDs. X-Sinner did get the PEACE TREATY tracks back out there when they re-recorded the songs and released it as FIRE IT UP but it just isn't the same.

Stryper's YELLOW & BLACK ATTACK should be reissued as well... and I'm talkin' bout the original mix 6-song version with the rockets and the "Stryped" Earth on the cover, not the lame "remixed" one that Enigma put out in the mid 80s. They could stick the two songs from the REASON FOR THE SEASON single on it as bonus tracks.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
DeathCult

PostSubject: Re: What CD(s) should be reissued?   What CD(s) should be reissued? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 03, 2008 1:08 pm

Black Sabbath- Born Again

I know they plan on adding it to the proposed third part of the Sabbath boxset, but Id like to see THE FALLEN added on to it, and maybe a live show from the tour surface offically as well, the majority of the bootlegs are soundboard recordings, so I would think theyd be pretty easy to master. Not to mention, an offical Stateside CD release would be nice finally.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What CD(s) should be reissued?   What CD(s) should be reissued? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 03, 2008 1:34 pm

DeathCult wrote:
Black Sabbath- Born Again

I know they plan on adding it to the proposed third part of the Sabbath boxset, but Id like to see THE FALLEN added on to it, and maybe a live show from the tour surface offically as well, the majority of the bootlegs are soundboard recordings, so I would think theyd be pretty easy to master. Not to mention, an offical Stateside CD release would be nice finally.

Agreed..that album really needs to be remixed (not just remastered). I've read in numerous interviews that the band said it sounded great in the studio...but something happened to the final mix and it ended up sounding like crap. If the tapes are still around they should seriously consider tweaking that one.

The Fallen is a great song and should have replaced "Keep It Warm" on the final release.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: What CD(s) should be reissued?   What CD(s) should be reissued? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 03, 2008 1:52 pm

I am huge a Black Sabbath fan, and " Born Again" IMO is a classic, I would love to see this album reissued with a live album, I have one bootleg from this tour and sounded great, but I doubt that this album will be reissued or remastered, or any live album from this line up will be officially released, neither Iommi or Gillan look back to fondly on this period of Sabbath's career. Which is too bad, this line up recorded and wrote great songs like Zero the Hero and Distrubing the Priest, and sounded great live.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: What CD(s) should be reissued?   What CD(s) should be reissued? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 03, 2008 2:51 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Stryper's YELLOW & BLACK ATTACK should be reissued as well... and I'm talkin' bout the original mix 6-song version with the rockets and the "Stryped" Earth on the cover, not the lame "remixed" one that Enigma put out in the mid 80s. They could stick the two songs from the REASON FOR THE SEASON single on it as bonus tracks.

YES!!! The original mix with the original art, not the crappy remix.

Quote :
am huge a Black Sabbath fan, and " Born Again" IMO is a classic, I would love to see this album reissued with a live album, I have one bootleg from this tour and sounded great, but I doubt that this album will be reissued or remastered, or any live album from this line up will be officially released, neither Iommi or Gillan look back to fondly on this period of Sabbath's career. Which is too bad, this line up recorded and wrote great songs like Zero the Hero and Distrubing the Priest, and sounded great live.

I saw Sabbath on this tour in Philadelphia and have bootleg of that show. It was an incredible show.

I too think Born Again is a great album, despite the poor cover art.

Ian Gillan is one of the greatest vocalists ever.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37656

PostSubject: Re: What CD(s) should be reissued?   What CD(s) should be reissued? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 03, 2008 3:18 pm

ultmetal wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

YES!!! The original mix with the original art, not the crappy remix.

Next year will be "TY&BA's" 25th anniversary, which would be a perfect time to re-release it... whaddaya say Ult, shall we find out who the proper authorities would be to make this happen and start a grass roots, carpet bombing e-mail campaign?? Laughing

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
HellRaiser
Metal student
Metal student
HellRaiser

Number of posts : 242

PostSubject: Re: What CD(s) should be reissued?   What CD(s) should be reissued? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 03, 2008 4:50 pm

Sweet Pain - s/t

The album never got a CD issue when it was first released (1985 I think); one of the bandmembers did do a CD re-issue of it a few years ago, but it's long out of print now.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What CD(s) should be reissued?   What CD(s) should be reissued? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 03, 2008 7:18 pm

DeathCult wrote:
Cancer- To The Gory End & Death Shall Rise

These have just been reissued, not sure if it was done legally or not though. Razorback Rec's had them in stock for a few days but they flew out the door pretty quickly it would appear.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What CD(s) should be reissued?   What CD(s) should be reissued? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 03, 2008 7:28 pm

I'd like to see Revenant - Prophecies of a Dying World get the full remaster and reissue treatment. Actually these heaps of old DM that needs to be put out again like Rottrevore, Bloodstone, Utumno and a lot of early 90's French stuff I'm looking for.
Back to top Go down
XYZ
Card-carrying Van Halen Freak
XYZ

Number of posts : 2600

PostSubject: Re: What CD(s) should be reissued?   What CD(s) should be reissued? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 04, 2008 2:39 am

ultmetal wrote:

I too think Born Again is a great album, despite the poor cover art.

Ian Gillan is one of the greatest vocalists ever.

Preach it! 🤘
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: What CD(s) should be reissued?   What CD(s) should be reissued? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 04, 2008 11:20 am

Ult is right Ian Gillan is the man, and the band also hates the cover art of Born Again, but that album rules.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: What CD(s) should be reissued?   What CD(s) should be reissued? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 06, 2008 10:33 pm

Ratt's self titled EP from 1983, so I can replace my crappy vinyl copy.
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
DeathCult

PostSubject: Re: What CD(s) should be reissued?   What CD(s) should be reissued? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 06, 2008 10:39 pm

manny wrote:

I've got it on CD already Razz
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What CD(s) should be reissued?   What CD(s) should be reissued? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 06, 2008 10:39 pm

The Impelliteri stuff I can't find.

Driver.

Joshua.

Anything else with Rob Rock.

I'd like to see some of the early Mort stuff more easily available. Though I need to get the Scrolls reissue that's out.

That's it now cause I just found out about Deliverance yesterday!

- Robbie
Back to top Go down
Schbopo
Ate his vegetables
Schbopo

Number of posts : 4958

Zoetrope-Mind over splatter
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What CD(s) should be reissued?   What CD(s) should be reissued? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 07, 2008 12:54 am

You can pick up that Zoetrope anywhere for a buck, Sch-b-y-bobo, ahh whatever.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: What CD(s) should be reissued?   What CD(s) should be reissued? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 07, 2008 1:54 pm

manny wrote:

I have that and paid way too much for it like 5 years ago. It's around ten to fifteen bucks on ebay last I checked.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: What CD(s) should be reissued?   What CD(s) should be reissued? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 07, 2008 1:57 pm

theincredibledrechsel wrote:
The Impelliteri stuff I can't find.

- Robbie

Great idea!!!!!!

Also, how about:

Pretty Maids
Loudness
TNT (early stuff)
Europe (early stuff)
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: What CD(s) should be reissued?   What CD(s) should be reissued? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 07, 2008 4:25 pm

DeathCult wrote:
manny wrote:

I've got it on CD already Razz

Don't rub it in What CD(s) should be reissued? - Page 3 288219
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What CD(s) should be reissued?   What CD(s) should be reissued? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 07, 2008 7:29 pm

manny wrote:

I still think that's the best thing they ever released.
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
DeathCult

PostSubject: Re: What CD(s) should be reissued?   What CD(s) should be reissued? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 07, 2008 7:30 pm

detuned wrote:
manny wrote:

I still think that's the best thing they ever released.

Its not a thought, its a fact. Smile
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: What CD(s) should be reissued?   What CD(s) should be reissued? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 07, 2008 7:53 pm

I would love to see the American Angel - s/t get re-released. I love that cd but only have it on tape.

Alex

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What CD(s) should be reissued?   What CD(s) should be reissued? - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What CD(s) should be reissued?
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3