Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What CD(s) should be reissued?

Go down 
+11
XYZ
A Handful of Wayne
Troublezone
the sentinel
Thrasher73
Olafsto
manny
ultmetal
Fat Freddy
Shiney
tohostudios
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

What CD(s) should be reissued? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What CD(s) should be reissued?   What CD(s) should be reissued? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 02, 2008 11:53 am

All Godfear records and Trouble s/t + Manic Frustration.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: What CD(s) should be reissued?   What CD(s) should be reissued? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 02, 2008 12:14 pm

I would say:

Anthrax: at least the early few discs or the Island years stuff with unreleased demos and/ or live stuff.

Keel: please, please! I am tired of only having them on cassette and I am not paying one hundred bucks or more for their discography from ebay.

Hittman; and Riot: I only have them on cassette and really want the CD's.

Dokken: If Don can find unreleased tapes from before they even had a record contract (Live from Conception: 1981), this guy has to have closets full of stuff that can be added as bonuses.

Dio: all should be re- released, not just Holy Diver, and should have bonus demos and live etc.

Whitesnake; Savatage; Ratt; Quiet Riot; and Tesla: same as the above argument for Dio.

Balands: cause I would love to hear, Dusk!

Bands that should have added bonus material to their re releases:
Kiss
Rush
Ozzy
Metallica
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: What CD(s) should be reissued?   What CD(s) should be reissued? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 02, 2008 12:50 pm

sentinel, Keel's first two cds "Lay Down the Law" and " The Right to Rock' have been recently reissued, but with no bonus tracks, easy to get on Amazon.
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: What CD(s) should be reissued?   What CD(s) should be reissued? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 02, 2008 1:12 pm

spectrefate wrote:
The Vengeance Rising Discography.

What is so good about that band? I hear a lot of talk about them on here from time to time and I finally got to hear what they sounded like recently and I was amazed at just how horrible it was. Is it because of the message they tried to put across or is there something else im just not getting?

PostSubject: Re: What CD(s) should be reissued?   What CD(s) should be reissued? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 02, 2008 1:13 pm

Badlands - Badlands, Voodoo Highway & Dusk

Wrathchild America/Souls At Zero - Climbin' The Walls, 3-D, s/t, A Taste For The Perverse (the six-t-six tracks could be put on as bonus cuts)

Prong - Beg To Differ, Prove You Wrong

Voivod - reissues/remasters of Angel Rat & The Outer Limits

Coroner - No More Color, Grin (Mental Vortex seems to still be available)

THE RODS!!!!! - The Rods, The Rods Live, Wild Dogs, Let Them Eat Metal, etc.
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: What CD(s) should be reissued?   What CD(s) should be reissued? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 02, 2008 1:20 pm

Phoenix Reign Drummer wrote:
spectrefate wrote:

What is so good about that band? I hear a lot of talk about them on here from time to time and I finally got to hear what they sounded like recently and I was amazed at just how horrible it was. Is it because of the message they tried to put across or is there something else im just not getting?

Depends on what you heard.The first two albums are classic.Human Sacrifice and Once Dead.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37656

PostSubject: Re: What CD(s) should be reissued?   What CD(s) should be reissued? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 02, 2008 1:24 pm

spectrefate wrote:

You're not alone, PRD... I never really caught what all the whoop-de-doo was about V.R. either...

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

PostSubject: Re: What CD(s) should be reissued?   What CD(s) should be reissued? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 02, 2008 1:40 pm

I heard the guy sing that was almost enough for me but I had to see why they are praised so much so I found a couple other things and I just didnt get it.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: What CD(s) should be reissued?   What CD(s) should be reissued? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 02, 2008 1:41 pm

I heard the guy sing that was almost enough for me but I had to see why they are praised so much so I found a couple other things and I just didnt get it.

I preferred the post-V.R. band, Die Happy, which was made up of all the original VR band members with a new vocalist.

Roger's definitely an interesting character though, I'll give him that much... Laughing

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What CD(s) should be reissued?   What CD(s) should be reissued? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 02, 2008 1:46 pm

I have the Battlezone albums on cd. Zoom club I believe. Also, zoom cluvb put out a 2 cd set with all 3 Battlezone albums plus some demos and stuff.

The one that needs to be not only RE-ISSUED, but simply ISSUED for the first time on cd is Krank - Hideous.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: What CD(s) should be reissued?   What CD(s) should be reissued? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 02, 2008 1:47 pm

SAXON1500 wrote:

The one that needs to be not only RE-ISSUED, but simply ISSUED for the first time on cd is Krank - Hideous.

I could be wrong but I believe Retrospect Records has HIDEOUS on their "to be released" slate.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What CD(s) should be reissued?   What CD(s) should be reissued? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 02, 2008 1:48 pm

That is good news.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: What CD(s) should be reissued?   What CD(s) should be reissued? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 02, 2008 1:49 pm

SAXON1500 wrote:
I have the Battlezone albums on cd. Zoom club I believe. Also, zoom cluvb put out a 2 cd set with all 3 Battlezone albums plus some demos and stuff.

Thanks Saxon, I can soon knock those off my list, btw how is the sound on those Battlezone albums?
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: What CD(s) should be reissued?   What CD(s) should be reissued? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 02, 2008 1:50 pm

SAXON1500 wrote:
That is good news.

I just checked Retrospect's last newsletter over at Heavy Harmonies, Sax, and he does indeed mention Krank's HIDEOUS as a "coming soon," no release date tho.

Back to top Go down
Shiney
Scarred But Smarter
Scarred But Smarter
Shiney

Number of posts : 3487

PostSubject: Re: What CD(s) should be reissued?   What CD(s) should be reissued? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 02, 2008 1:53 pm

Retrospect has that thrash side now and there are alot of oodies supposedly on the way...

I have been happy with all the titles Ive gotten from that label, regardless of the bad word of mouth it gets...

Aside from some bad typos and stuff on the artwork...they're good.

Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: What CD(s) should be reissued?   What CD(s) should be reissued? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 02, 2008 1:56 pm

Shiney wrote:
Retrospect has that thrash side now and there are alot of oodies supposedly on the way...

I have been happy with all the titles Ive gotten from that label, regardless of the bad word of mouth it gets...

Aside from some bad typos and stuff on the artwork...they're good.

I have a few Retrospect releases. Unfortunately some of them are bootleg, such as the Holy Saint release.

PostSubject: Re: What CD(s) should be reissued?   What CD(s) should be reissued? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 02, 2008 2:01 pm

Quote :
Thanks Saxon, I can soon knock those off my list, btw how is the sound on those Battlezone albums?

The single albums don't sound as good as the anthology, but they are cooler, if ya ask me!
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: What CD(s) should be reissued?   What CD(s) should be reissued? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 02, 2008 2:10 pm

detuned wrote:

I have The Rods reissues on CD. They are quite good. Bonus tracks, nice booklets, etc.

Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: What CD(s) should be reissued?   What CD(s) should be reissued? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 02, 2008 2:14 pm

Perhaps you just had to be there at the time. I think that Human Sacrifice and Once Dead are classics. Some of my all time favorites. You have to remember that this band pretty much pre-dated death metal. The vocals were coarse and nasty. That was the point. It was meant to offend the senses. I've been a big fan since the 80's. Was double blessed to get to sing for them for their reunion show that was recorded for the Return with a Vengeance DVD. 🤘

Card-carrying Van Halen Freak
XYZ

Number of posts : 2600

PostSubject: Re: What CD(s) should be reissued?   What CD(s) should be reissued? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 02, 2008 7:59 pm

the sentinel wrote:

Anthrax: at least the early few discs or the Island years stuff with unreleased demos and/ or live stuff.

I'd like to see their thrash stuff remastered as well.
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

PostSubject: Re: What CD(s) should be reissued?   What CD(s) should be reissued? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 02, 2008 9:27 pm

ultmetal wrote:

Perhaps you just had to be there at the time. I think that Human Sacrifice and Once Dead are classics. Some of my all time favorites. You have to remember that this band pretty much pre-dated death metal. The vocals were coarse and nasty. That was the point. It was meant to offend the senses. I've been a big fan since the 80's. Was double blessed to get to sing for them for their reunion show that was recorded for the Return with a Vengeance DVD. 🤘

I guess so. I dont mind sometimes out of the ordinary vocals but his are just another story.

PostSubject: Re: What CD(s) should be reissued?   What CD(s) should be reissued? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 02, 2008 9:45 pm

ultmetal wrote:
detuned wrote:

I have The Rods reissues on CD. They are quite good. Bonus tracks, nice booklets, etc.

I was unaware of those, will have to check them out. Thanks for the tip.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: What CD(s) should be reissued?   What CD(s) should be reissued? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 02, 2008 10:58 pm

manny wrote:
sentinel, Keel's first two cds "Lay Down the Law" and " The Right to Rock' have been recently reissued, but with no bonus tracks, easy to get on Amazon.

I forgot, I have the Lay Down The Law reissue with the cardboard flip cover. I didn't know they also did the Right To Rock? My favorite is The Final Frontier. I have heard though, and read, that Ron Keel tried to get the rest reissued but was running into legal troubles. Also, he's into being a country music guy now, so I don't know how fervently he pressed the issue for any reissue.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: What CD(s) should be reissued?   What CD(s) should be reissued? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 03, 2008 8:37 am

the sentinel wrote:

I forgot, I have the Lay Down The Law reissue with the cardboard flip cover. I didn't know they also did the Right To Rock? My favorite is The Final Frontier. I have heard though, and read, that Ron Keel tried to get the rest reissued but was running into legal troubles. Also, he's into being a country music guy now, so I don't know how fervently he pressed the issue for any reissue.

THE RIGHT TO ROCK was reissued by Metal Mayhem Records in 2000 or 2001, don't know if it's still in print though. Depending on who you talk to, that pressing may or may not be considered a legit reissue though.

Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: What CD(s) should be reissued?   What CD(s) should be reissued? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 03, 2008 12:02 pm

Cancer- To The Gory End & Death Shall Rise

Cerebral Fix- Life Sucks!...And Then You Die!
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What CD(s) should be reissued?   What CD(s) should be reissued? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What CD(s) should be reissued?
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next