Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Tourniquet's first three albums to be reissued

Go down 
+3
Troublezone
scottmitchell74
Rami Airola
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Rami Airola
Metal student
Metal student
Rami Airola

Number of posts : 175

Tourniquet's first three albums to be reissued Empty
PostSubject: Tourniquet's first three albums to be reissued   Tourniquet's first three albums to be reissued Icon_minitimeThu Apr 16, 2020 5:02 pm

The CDs will be released in June 26th!
The albums will also get new vinyl releases but I don't know when they will be released.

Tourniquet's first three albums to be reissued Stopth10Tourniquet's first three albums to be reissued Tourni11

Here are the bonus tracks!

STOP THE BLEEDING
Live: The Test for Leprosy, Somnambulism, Whitewashed Tomb
Demo: The Test for Leprosy

PSYCHO SURGERY:
Live: Broken Chromosomes, Spineless
Demo: Psycho Surgery, Vitals Fading

PATHOGENIC OCULAR DISSONANCE:
Demo (all instrumental versions): Ruminating Virulence, Pathogenic Ocular Dissonance, Impending Embolism
Bonus track: The Tempter (which was included in the original Metal Blade release as bonus track too)

It was always odd how the previous reissue of POD didn't have any demos and it had a 10 minute live track of a Vanishing Lessons song (with a drum solo) included. Although the demos on this version are only instrumental, it's great to finally hear demo tracks from the songs of this amazing album! I mean, a demo for Impending Embolism! Shocked Really excited to hear how that song was before it was recorded for the album.
But even more excited I am for the demos of PSYCHO SURGERY and VITALS FADING! Like WHAT!!! affraid affraid affraid Can't wait to hear those!

You can preorder them from two places:
https://boonesoverstock.com/collections/pre-orders/products/tourniquet-3-cd-bundle-stop-the-bleeding-psycho-surgery-pathogenic-ocular-dissonance-metal-icon-series-new-cd-2020-retroactive
https://tourniquet.net/product/tourniquet-collectors-edition-3-cd-bundle-preorder/
(also available separately from both sites)
From Tourniquet's website it's possible to get them autographed by Ted.

All of them have 16-page booklets with never before seen photos.
Stop the Bleeding and Psycho Surgery have write-ups by the one and only Scott Waters too.
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9047

PostSubject: Re: Tourniquet's first three albums to be reissued   Tourniquet's first three albums to be reissued Icon_minitimeThu Apr 16, 2020 5:25 pm

Three total classics. One of my favorite three-album stretches in metal history.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17063

PostSubject: Re: Tourniquet's first three albums to be reissued   Tourniquet's first three albums to be reissued Icon_minitimeThu Apr 16, 2020 5:51 pm

Their best 3 albums!

Will they have the same remaster as the last reissue? I thought STB could use a bit more low end to balance the treble. And I hope the bonus tracks are with Guy Ritter! Ted used Luke Easter live versions last time.

No matter what, I plan to get the Pathogenic reissue. Just because it will include their cover of The Tempter. I used to have the Metal Blade version but foolishly either lost or sold it years ago.
Back to top Go down
Rami Airola
Metal student
Metal student
Rami Airola

PostSubject: Re: Tourniquet's first three albums to be reissued   Tourniquet's first three albums to be reissued Icon_minitimeThu Apr 16, 2020 6:19 pm

Troublezone wrote:
Their best 3 albums!

Will they have the same remaster as the last reissue? I thought STB could use a bit more low end to balance the treble. And I hope the bonus tracks are with Guy Ritter! Ted used Luke Easter live versions last time.

It's a new remaster done by different person.

I really hope for Guy Ritter too.
"Bonus material consistent with time period and early 90’s band line-ups" is said in the product pages.
That could technically still mean the live tracks are from 1993 or 1994 with Luke on vocals,
but I think it's much more likely it's earlier live tracks with Guy.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Tourniquet's first three albums to be reissued   Tourniquet's first three albums to be reissued Icon_minitimeThu Apr 16, 2020 7:28 pm

Rami Airola wrote:
Troublezone wrote:
Their best 3 albums!

It's a new remaster done by different person.

I really hope for Guy Ritter too.
"Bonus material consistent with time period and early 90’s band line-ups" is said in the product pages.
That could technically still mean the live tracks are from 1993 or 1994 with Luke on vocals,
but I think it's much more likely it's earlier live tracks with Guy.

Then it’s a done deal. I will purchase all three!

I’m glad it has a fresh new remaster and is not just a cheap worthless money grab. Hopefully these are done so well that there won’t be a reason to do it again! As a point of reference, I think the guy that remastered the Queensryche catalog did a awesome job. I would hope the same for these.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Tourniquet's first three albums to be reissued   Tourniquet's first three albums to be reissued Icon_minitimeThu Apr 16, 2020 7:44 pm

Also, thanks for the heads up on the Psychosurgery shirt. I just ordered one!

I love that album! It’s like a Christian version of late 80’s era Exodus.
Back to top Go down
Rami Airola
Metal student
Metal student
Rami Airola

PostSubject: Re: Tourniquet's first three albums to be reissued   Tourniquet's first three albums to be reissued Icon_minitimeThu Apr 16, 2020 8:36 pm

Troublezone wrote:
Also, thanks for the heads up on the Psychosurgery shirt. I just ordered one!

I love that album! It’s like a Christian version of late 80’s era Exodus.

Sure! Man was I excited when that shirt became available!

My favorite Tourniquet album used to switch between STB, PS and POD all the time. Sometimes POD was the best. Sometimes STB was the best. Sometimes PS was the best. But the past year or two I've become more and more sure Psycho Surgery is the best of the three. Now that I've fully learned to enjoy Stereotaxic Atrocities the album really doesn't have even one dull second in it.

Everyone is on FIRE on that album! I've slowly learned that I have had this mental image of all of those three albums for years, or even decades. Stop the Bleeding is sharp and rough concrete that has been smashed to rubble and it's spinning in a concrete mixer fast, Pathogenic Ocular Dissonance is dark black heavy block of steel with sharp edges and it's moving forward fast, and Psycho Surgery is really sharp and shiny metal circular saw. That image makes me feel Psycho Surgery is this epitome of metal, hard, sharp, clean, fast. Pure metal in its purest form, designed to make a cut, clean and fast. I wonder if that sound of an electric saw in Psycho Surgery right before the solos has been influencing my mental images of these albums Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9874

PostSubject: Re: Tourniquet's first three albums to be reissued   Tourniquet's first three albums to be reissued Icon_minitimeThu Dec 08, 2022 4:14 pm

I ordered Stop The Bleeding today. Never owned any Tourniquet album before.

Blind purchase. Not sure what to expect!

Lari likes this post

Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Tourniquet's first three albums to be reissued   Tourniquet's first three albums to be reissued Icon_minitimeThu Dec 08, 2022 6:26 pm

Gilbert wrote:

It’s like King Diamond with a small dose of Slayer.

From what I’ve seen online, most people either love it or hate it. The vocals are intense!

It’s not my favorite Tourniquet album, but I like it. The musicianship is excellent!
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39465

PostSubject: Re: Tourniquet's first three albums to be reissued   Tourniquet's first three albums to be reissued Icon_minitimeThu Dec 08, 2022 6:54 pm

Don't own any Tourniquet albums. I'll have to check them out one of these days.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Tourniquet's first three albums to be reissued   Tourniquet's first three albums to be reissued Icon_minitimeSat Jan 21, 2023 1:14 pm

Troublezone wrote:
Gilbert wrote:

It’s like King Diamond with a small dose of Slayer.

From what I’ve seen online, most people either love it or hate it. The vocals are intense!

It’s not my favorite Tourniquet album, but I like it. The musicianship is excellent!

Spinning Stop The Bleeding as i type this message.

Loving it headbanger headbanger .

Troublezone likes this post

Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Tourniquet's first three albums to be reissued   Tourniquet's first three albums to be reissued Icon_minitimeTue Jan 24, 2023 5:36 pm

Ordered Psychosurgery on cd today.
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3891

PostSubject: Re: Tourniquet's first three albums to be reissued   Tourniquet's first three albums to be reissued Icon_minitimeWed Jan 25, 2023 2:38 pm

Why do people compare Stop the Bleeding with King Diamond??? I've seen that for years and it is not even close!

I will pick these up though!
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Tourniquet's first three albums to be reissued   Tourniquet's first three albums to be reissued Icon_minitimeWed Jan 25, 2023 4:17 pm

Lurideath wrote:
Why do people compare Stop the Bleeding with King Diamond??? I've seen that for years and it is not even close!

I will pick these up though!

They say it’s because of the high pitch falsetto.
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3891

PostSubject: Re: Tourniquet's first three albums to be reissued   Tourniquet's first three albums to be reissued Icon_minitimeWed Jan 25, 2023 6:34 pm

The falsetto isn't even close to King Diamond. People need to stop that lie because that's what it is. Tourniquet's vocals were unique to their own.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12599

PostSubject: Re: Tourniquet's first three albums to be reissued   Tourniquet's first three albums to be reissued Icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2023 10:29 am

KD has a higher natural range than Guy and delivers more support in delivery of his falsetto (technique). KD also utilizes the full octave above his natural range. (Also, technique) Guy is inconsistent within that higher octave of his range, and often goes beyond his natural and technical ability. Kind of like a stretching rubber band  snapping & breaking. Anyone ever seeing Tourniquet live will get the analogy.

BTW, I dig me some Merciful Fate. KD as a band, never did much for me.
Tourniquet changed up the flavors with each release (IMHDO) and kept things interesting for me. I was not interested much after "Carry The Wounded" EP.

Both singers are unique and entertaining, none the less.

PostSubject: Re: Tourniquet's first three albums to be reissued   Tourniquet's first three albums to be reissued Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tourniquet's first three albums to be reissued
Page 1 of 1