Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Badlands albums reissued

Go down 
+5
Eyesore
tohostudios
MetalGuy71
manny
Fat Freddy
9 posters
AuthorMessage

Badlands albums reissued Empty
PostSubject: Badlands albums reissued   Badlands albums reissued Icon_minitimeThu May 27, 2010 9:23 am

So finally the first 2 albums by Badlands have been reissued by Rock Candy Records in the UK. http://www.rockcandyrecords.co.uk/category/store/

Any fans of this excellent band on the board?

Prices for these albums have been inflated by ebay "collectors" for years, so it's nice to have them at an affordable price again.

I recommend them all but the last 2 albums were my favorites...."Voodoo Highway" and the demo "Dusk".
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37644

PostSubject: Re: Badlands albums reissued   Badlands albums reissued Icon_minitimeThu May 27, 2010 9:28 am

Great band!!

Love the debut album, that still gets pretty regular spinnage. I have VOODOO HIGHWAY on cassette but haven't listened to it in dog years.

Never heard DUSK.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Badlands albums reissued   Badlands albums reissued Icon_minitimeThu May 27, 2010 9:31 am

I love both albums and its funny you posted this today, yesterday I posted one of their videos on FB.

IMO after listening to Ray Gillen on the Black Sabbath demos, Badlands was more suited to his voice and Jake E Lee's best playing and songwriting IMO did not take place with Ozzy Osbourne but with Badlands.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Badlands albums reissued   Badlands albums reissued Icon_minitimeThu May 27, 2010 10:11 am

manny wrote:
I love both albums and its funny you posted this today, yesterday I posted one of their videos on FB.

IMO after listening to Ray Gillen on the Black Sabbath demos, Badlands was more suited to his voice and Jake E Lee's best playing and songwriting IMO did not take place with Ozzy Osbourne but with Badlands.

Agree 100%.

All three albums are excellent, though the first one doesn't really faithfully capture the energy of this band live. Voodoo Highway corrected that.

I was lucky enough to see them on both tours.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Badlands albums reissued   Badlands albums reissued Icon_minitimeThu May 27, 2010 10:14 am

I have my original copies of the s/t debut and Voodoo Highway and both get fairly regular spins from me to this day. I was a Jake E Lee fan, so I bought these both fairly early on in my cd collecting days. Voodoo Highway might have been purchased as a new release.

I think I like the debut just a hair more than Voodoo Highway, but they're both very good.

Never heard Dusk.

Quote :
So finally the first 2 albums by Badlands have been reissued by Rock Candy Records in the UK. [url=http://www.rockcandyrecords.co.uk/category/store/]http://www.rockcandyrecords.co.uk/category/store/[/url]

It looks like these are just straight-up re-releases without any bells & whistles, right? No bonus tracks, remastering etc?

Last edited by MetalGuy71 on Thu May 27, 2010 10:17 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Badlands albums reissued   Badlands albums reissued Icon_minitimeThu May 27, 2010 10:15 am

My copy of the S/T just came a couple weeks ago. Excellent bluesy hard rock.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Badlands albums reissued   Badlands albums reissued Icon_minitimeThu May 27, 2010 11:33 am

I got the self-titled at an Amvets thrift store for $1.98 last year. A few month back I got Voodoo Highway at Looney Tunes in Boston for $0.99.
Back to top Go down
JBall_Z
Metal master
Metal master
JBall_Z

Number of posts : 919

PostSubject: Re: Badlands albums reissued   Badlands albums reissued Icon_minitimeThu May 27, 2010 12:32 pm

Last year I was in a Book-off, a popular chain store in Japan that sells used books and CDs; I actually had a used copy of Voodoo Highway in my hand. It was only 1000 yen (about ten dollars), and for some reason that eludes me to this day, I put it back. Anyway, I'm glad these albums are finally being reissued.

P.S. Japan also has another store that sells used clothes, furniture, jewelry, and everthing else called Hard-off. I always got a kick out of that name. Not sure why.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Badlands albums reissued   Badlands albums reissued Icon_minitimeThu May 27, 2010 2:53 pm

Is this another label that sells CDR copies and pretends that they're real reissues?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Badlands albums reissued   Badlands albums reissued Icon_minitimeThu May 27, 2010 3:02 pm

Nope. Rock Candy is a great CD reissue label.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Badlands albums reissued   Badlands albums reissued Icon_minitimeThu May 27, 2010 3:52 pm

Word.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Badlands albums reissued   Badlands albums reissued Icon_minitimeThu May 27, 2010 4:09 pm

I have these but this is great for those who don't. Get 'em while you can.
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3892

PostSubject: Re: Badlands albums reissued   Badlands albums reissued Icon_minitimeThu May 27, 2010 6:00 pm

Love the 1st album. After that they kinda lost their edge.
Back to top Go down
chewie
Metal is Forever
chewie

Number of posts : 5014

PostSubject: Re: Badlands albums reissued   Badlands albums reissued Icon_minitimeThu May 27, 2010 6:49 pm

I have the original copies of all three Badlands cds... They Rock!!! Does anyone remember Bo Bice singing a song a capella off of the Voodoo Highway album? That performance made me a fan of him.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Badlands albums reissued   Badlands albums reissued Icon_minitimeThu May 27, 2010 7:20 pm

chewie wrote:
I have the original copies of all three Badlands cds... They Rock!!! Does anyone remember Bo Bice singing a song a capella off of the Voodoo Highway album? That performance made me a fan of him.
I remember that. That was one of two or three seasons of that show I watched. It was a bad-ass performance.

headbanger
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Badlands albums reissued   Badlands albums reissued Icon_minitimeThu May 27, 2010 7:52 pm

Hey now, I think I'm gonna by Bo Bice's stuff, or at least his second album. It sounds pretty damn good. Might even buy the new one, though it sounds maybe too county-ish for me.

Wasn't his debut more fluffy pop stuff you'd expect from an Idol participant?

That's really good.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Badlands albums reissued   Badlands albums reissued Icon_minitimeThu May 27, 2010 9:17 pm

Bo Bice's first solo album is not bad but as you can guess eyesore he did not have much artistic control.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37644

PostSubject: Re: Badlands albums reissued   Badlands albums reissued Icon_minitimeThu May 27, 2010 9:26 pm

chewie wrote:

Yeah, that was neat-o. I'm not much of an "Idol" watcher but my wife is, I was sitting in the corner of the room on the computer and I heard Ryan Seacrest introduce Bo's song "And here he is, singing In a Dream by Badlands..." I was like "Did he say Badlands? You gotta be f'n kidding me!"

I still say Atlantic Records (or whoever) totally dropped the ball on that. The day after Bo sang that song on "Idol," they should've reissued the VOODOO HIGHWAY album with a big sticker on it saying "Features In A Dream, as heard on American Idol" or something like that. They probably would've sold a bazillion of 'em.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Badlands albums reissued   Badlands albums reissued Icon_minitimeThu May 27, 2010 9:43 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
I still say Atlantic Records (or whoever) totally dropped the ball on that. The day after Bo sang that song on "Idol," they should've reissued the VOODOO HIGHWAY album with a big sticker on it saying "Features In A Dream, as heard on American Idol" or something like that. They probably would've sold a bazillion of 'em.
I'd bet no one at Atlantic even knew who Badlands was at the time. Haha.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Badlands albums reissued   Badlands albums reissued Icon_minitimeFri May 28, 2010 10:29 am

Eyesore wrote:
Is this another label that sells CDR copies and pretends that they're real reissues?

Now that I think of it, I seem to recall the guys on 'That Metal Show' promoting this record company and talking about some classic releases. Not that those ass-clowns are the definitive answer, but I'd think it's highly unlikely that the lawyers for VH-1 Classic would allow them to promote this company if they weren't on the up and up.

Aside from the Badland releases, I saw a few other releases on their website that piqued my interest.

Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Badlands albums reissued   Badlands albums reissued Icon_minitimeFri May 28, 2010 12:09 pm

I absolutely love these guys. I have all three (and the first 2 also on cassette). Unfortunately, there are no bonuses on these, but I will grab these reissues eventually so as to prolong the life of my originals. I finally got Dusk, the missing piece of my Badlands collection after Spec found a reputable site for me to score one from. Peace.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Badlands albums reissued   Badlands albums reissued Icon_minitimeFri May 28, 2010 12:48 pm

That Rock Candy label has alot great bands if you are into melodic rock, it has some albums that I have searched for such as Detective, Helix, Fandango (Joe Lynn Turner's first band), seems like a cool label
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Badlands albums reissued   Badlands albums reissued Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Badlands albums reissued
Page 1 of 1