Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The new Yngwie album.....

Go down 
+24
Gilbert
MetalGuy71
Lari
candlemass
Required Fields
manny
SAHB Healer
skullsmasher
tohostudios
Tall Tyrion
Todd Jaymz
sam
akeldama
Schbopo
EvyMetal
nevermore
arttieTHE1manparty
the sentinel
INVADERS
A Handful of Wayne
ultmetal
Rex
Troublezone
rattpoison
28 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6377

The new Yngwie album..... - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The new Yngwie album.....   The new Yngwie album..... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 01, 2019 4:20 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
I'm curious. I'm not a huge fan, but I like him on occasion and I dig both blues and cover albums. I only wish he'd dug a little deeper on some of those tracks he picked. 'Smoke on the Water'? 'Paint It Black'?, C'mon man!! Those have been done to death!!
My thoughts exactly. Those songs aren't even blues anyway. It looks like a regular heavy metal cover compilation track list.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: The new Yngwie album.....   The new Yngwie album..... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 01, 2019 5:28 pm

Lari wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:
I'm curious. I'm not a huge fan, but I like him on occasion and I dig both blues and cover albums. I only wish he'd dug a little deeper on some of those tracks he picked. 'Smoke on the Water'? 'Paint It Black'?, C'mon man!! Those have been done to death!!
My thoughts exactly. Those songs aren't even blues anyway. It looks like a regular heavy metal cover compilation track list.

Well, if you want to read the whole lengthy press release, he does say he'll interpret them his own way.

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/yngwie-malmsteen-complete-blue-lightning-album-details-revealed-suns-up-tops-down-lyric-video/

So maybe he'll "blues-up" Smoke on the Water? It's Yngwie, so you know what you're gonna get. You either you like it or you don't. I'll give it shot.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40562

PostSubject: Re: The new Yngwie album.....   The new Yngwie album..... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 01, 2019 5:33 pm

I'd give it a shot....eventually.
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3906

PostSubject: Re: The new Yngwie album.....   The new Yngwie album..... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 02, 2019 4:31 pm

Well that new song is so dumb!!! His vocals are lame and the song is rehashed blues from 1950's. He needs a real singer again and to go back to his neoclassical leanings. I know he has always had a dumb blues song on almost every album, but this is so far the worst!!
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: The new Yngwie album.....   The new Yngwie album..... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 01, 2019 12:17 pm

He took one of the Beatles most beautiful songs and just Yngwie'd the hell out of it.

Evil or Very Mad

Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: The new Yngwie album.....   The new Yngwie album..... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 01, 2019 10:21 pm

I have everything he has put out except for the last one, "World on Fire" as it is still a pricey import. But, this one...I don't know. I have a feeling this will be an expensive dust collector. I think it might be time to just be satisfied with what I own from 'ol Wingnut.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: The new Yngwie album.....   The new Yngwie album..... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 02, 2019 1:08 am

The last Yngwie album i purchased was perpetual flame and i just stopped there. Although i still miss some of his older material, i am satisfied with what i have. Unless yngwie releases a ground breaking album one day...
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6377

PostSubject: Re: The new Yngwie album.....   The new Yngwie album..... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 02, 2019 2:40 am

Gilbert wrote:
The last Yngwie album i purchased was perpetual flame and i just stopped there. Although i still miss some of his older material, i am satisfied with what i have. Unless yngwie releases a ground breaking album one day...

How about a wind breaking album?
Back to top Go down
assault_attack
Metal master
Metal master
assault_attack

Number of posts : 689

PostSubject: Re: The new Yngwie album.....   The new Yngwie album..... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 02, 2019 2:50 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
He took one of the Beatles most beautiful songs and just Yngwie'd the hell out of it.

Evil or Very Mad

Yngwie'd the Hell out of it..

I think that says it all..
Back to top Go down
assault_attack
Metal master
Metal master
assault_attack

Number of posts : 689

PostSubject: Re: The new Yngwie album.....   The new Yngwie album..... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 02, 2019 2:58 am

Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: The new Yngwie album.....   The new Yngwie album..... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 02, 2019 8:44 am

assault_attack wrote:

Laughing very hard

There needs to be a lsit of "Yngwie-isms" the way there are "Chuck -isms" about Chyck Norris.
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

PostSubject: Re: The new Yngwie album.....   The new Yngwie album..... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 11, 2022 5:33 pm

The new Yngwie album..... - Page 3 P8bHeJQ
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

PostSubject: Re: The new Yngwie album.....   The new Yngwie album..... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 13, 2022 1:03 pm

the sentinel wrote:
There needs to be a lsit of "Yngwie-isms" the way there are "Chuck -isms" about Chyck Norris.

I got one...

If Chuck Norris picked up a telecaster and joined a metal band... He'd be called Yngwie C. Malmsteen* headbanger

*NOTE- The "C" standing for Chuck.

PostSubject: Re: The new Yngwie album.....   The new Yngwie album..... - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The new Yngwie album.....
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3