Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The new Yngwie album.....

Go down 
+24
Gilbert
MetalGuy71
Lari
candlemass
Required Fields
manny
SAHB Healer
skullsmasher
tohostudios
Tall Tyrion
Todd Jaymz
sam
akeldama
Schbopo
EvyMetal
nevermore
arttieTHE1manparty
the sentinel
INVADERS
A Handful of Wayne
ultmetal
Rex
Troublezone
rattpoison
28 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Tall Tyrion
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Tall Tyrion

Number of posts : 3367

The new Yngwie album..... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The new Yngwie album.....   The new Yngwie album..... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 17, 2008 11:22 pm

spectrefate wrote:
Tall Tyrion wrote:
Ehh.... I have Rising Force and Marching Out..... oh, and the Concerto..... that's all I need.

But you are missing his best album, Odyssey.

I've heard it quite a bit.... but there's nothing there that I can't get on the first two. I like Yngwie, don't get me wrong, but he is like an endless loop. You only need a few albums, IMO.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The new Yngwie album.....   The new Yngwie album..... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 17, 2008 11:30 pm

I used to like the first album, Trilogy and Odyssey back in the day, had not listened to them since around 1991. Last year I got a used copy of Trilogy on vinyl...and I couldn't stand it.

Too many years of listening to jazz players, Hendrix and experimental cats like Robert Fripp for Yngwie to sound good to me anymore.
Back to top Go down
Tall Tyrion
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Tall Tyrion

Number of posts : 3367

PostSubject: Re: The new Yngwie album.....   The new Yngwie album..... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 17, 2008 11:43 pm

detuned wrote:
I used to like the first album, Trilogy

The first album, Trilogy? scratch

I bought that one as soon as it was released, But You Don't Remember, I'll Never Forget still ranks number one on my list of reasons why "The First Two Are Enough For Me". Cool
Back to top Go down
rattpoison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

Number of posts : 2682

PostSubject: Re: The new Yngwie album.....   The new Yngwie album..... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 18, 2008 1:01 am

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
Wasn't there already a thread about this where we were making fun of all of his album covers?

My bad....thought this was so ridiculous when i saw it i needed to post it.
Back to top Go down
SAHB Healer
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
SAHB Healer

Number of posts : 2793

PostSubject: Re: The new Yngwie album.....   The new Yngwie album..... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 18, 2008 2:45 am

I don't really care for his wanking (I'm not really into any shredder types of any quality); and his ego is silly. But to give him his due I think of him forgivingly for the same reasons I do Ozzy (who is another guy who has lapsed into self parody). Like Ozzy he usually surrounded himself with a good band; and like Ozzy he was integral in the development of a type of music that I love. Ozzy (Doom) and Yngwie (Scandinavian melodic). There no way to deny Malmsteen's influence on bands like Royal Hunt and many, many others. That being said, I probably won't buy this album because I agree that a little Yngwie goes a long way, and the last time I checked in (Facing The Animal) I did get a "been there done that" feeling.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The new Yngwie album.....   The new Yngwie album..... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 18, 2008 6:40 am

Tall Tyrion wrote:
detuned wrote:
I used to like the first album, Trilogy

The first album, Trilogy? scratch

I bought that one as soon as it was released, But You Don't Remember, I'll Never Forget still ranks number one on my list of reasons why "The First Two Are Enough For Me". Cool

My wording was bad, I meant "the first album & Trilogy". I skipped the second one.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The new Yngwie album.....   The new Yngwie album..... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 18, 2008 7:00 am

rattpoison wrote:
The new Yngwie album..... - Page 2 2840977769_af35a5bff9

......Oh no.

Seriously his new record should be called Perpetual Wanker.

still much better than the subhuman on your avatar....but i understand your anger....perhaps maestro is the father you never met.......
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The new Yngwie album.....   The new Yngwie album..... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 18, 2008 7:02 am

detuned wrote:
I used to like the first album, Trilogy and Odyssey back in the day, had not listened to them since around 1991. Last year I got a used copy of Trilogy on vinyl...and I couldn't stand it.

Too many years of listening to jazz players, Hendrix and experimental cats like Robert Fripp for Yngwie to sound good to me anymore.

i wouldn't use these cats even as a backround music while having a nice dinner.....i'm not, though, a drug"n"pills guy to appreciate their music .....
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The new Yngwie album.....   The new Yngwie album..... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 18, 2008 7:05 am

DenimAndLeather wrote:
Can't stand his music. It's so heartless, and to think so many people know he is while Criss Oliva goes unnoticed. Sad.

really? are there any heart-meters for sale to buy one? still people who like yngwie are much more that the ones who don't....or the ones who grab his albums and play them secretly in their houses for hours just to pop out then and start telling how bad his newer album is......
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: The new Yngwie album.....   The new Yngwie album..... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 18, 2008 9:35 am

I was an Ynqwie fan when he was in Steeler, I was an Yngwie fan when he was in Alcatrazz. Saw him w/ Alcatrazz opening for Ted Nugent in Jackson, NJ. Was a fan of his first, mostly instrumental album. Saw him on the "Rape & Pilage Tour" in a small club in Pennsylvania. Thought that the next two albums were brilliant. Have been a fan ever since.

I'm looking forward to some new Yngwie myself. With "Ripper" singing, it makes it just that much more interesting.

mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: The new Yngwie album.....   The new Yngwie album..... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 18, 2008 9:51 am

I am fan of Yngwie, I think if his style had not been co-opted by shredders who all happen to be signed to the Shrapnel label and all suddenly claimed that like Yngwie they to were also influenced by Paganini, his standing among fans would be a bit higher.
To complain about Yngwie playing the same kind of music or his album sounding the same is like complaining about the food served at Denny's. You know what you are going to get each and every time when you buy an Yngwie album, shredding guitar solos, songs that really only serve as glorified guitar solos, some daft lyrics about vikings and what not , I am fan and as a fan I aware it is guitar wankering but he is the original guitar wanker. Unlike other guitar wankers at least Yngwie acknowledges his influences such as Hendrix, Blackmore, and Clapton, and doesn't pretend his style just came to him in a dream, also a guy with an ego the size of Yngwie deserves at least two or three threads devoted to him.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The new Yngwie album.....   The new Yngwie album..... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 18, 2008 11:45 am

Uh-oh, somebody doesn't like something that syrus likes.

Don't delete your account again.

Quote :
are there any heart-meters for sale to buy one?

You like this clown, and Manowar. I wouldn't expect you to know what playing with your heart is.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: The new Yngwie album.....   The new Yngwie album..... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 18, 2008 11:54 am

s-777 wrote:
detuned wrote:

i wouldn't use these cats even as a backround music while having a nice dinner.....i'm not, though, a drug"n"pills guy to appreciate their music .....

Jimi Hendrix and Robert Fripp is not just for drugs and pills guys to appreciate, it is great music made by great outstanding musicians. I like Hendrix, Fripp (King Crimson), and Yngwie for different reasons, none of them involve drugs and pills, just my ears and a open heart and mind. Detuned didnot insult Yngwie or his fans, just stating the fact that Yngwie is no longer is cup of tea.
Back to top Go down
EvyMetal
Baron Von 40oz.
EvyMetal

Number of posts : 4386

PostSubject: Re: The new Yngwie album.....   The new Yngwie album..... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 18, 2008 3:54 pm

sam wrote:
still stole it from becker though, becker was the man

is
Back to top Go down
Todd Jaymz
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Todd Jaymz

Number of posts : 324

PostSubject: Re: The new Yngwie album.....   The new Yngwie album..... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 18, 2008 5:03 pm

I'm not knocken the guy he's has made it into greatness, BUT as Metallica once wrote "time has taken it's toll on you"-TJ
Back to top Go down
sam
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
sam

Number of posts : 3012

PostSubject: Re: The new Yngwie album.....   The new Yngwie album..... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 19, 2008 10:10 am

Todd Jaymz wrote:
I'm not knocken the guy he's has made it into greatness, BUT as Metallica once wrote "time has taken it's toll on you"-TJ

I think food took its toll on him
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/samthebrutal

PostSubject: Re: The new Yngwie album.....   The new Yngwie album..... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 19, 2008 10:35 am

s-777 wrote:
detuned wrote:

WTF? Shocked
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: The new Yngwie album.....   The new Yngwie album..... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 19, 2008 10:44 am

detuned wrote:
s-777 wrote:
detuned wrote:

WTF? Shocked

I responded to the s-777 quote, I would need pills and drugs if I only listened to Yngwie and Manowar.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The new Yngwie album.....   The new Yngwie album..... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 19, 2008 11:07 am

To quote Wrathchild America: "I've got no time for closed minds"
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

PostSubject: Re: The new Yngwie album.....   The new Yngwie album..... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 27, 2018 9:39 am

The new Yngwie album..... - Page 2 28guh09
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

Number of posts : 2096

PostSubject: Re: The new Yngwie album.....   The new Yngwie album..... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 28, 2018 9:37 am

Love his early albums, inspiring, creative...then it just got uninspiring and boring.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/fragilegothband
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6377

PostSubject: Re: The new Yngwie album.....   The new Yngwie album..... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 28, 2018 12:29 pm

There should be an Yngwie discography thread.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: The new Yngwie album.....   The new Yngwie album..... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 01, 2019 11:44 am

Yngwie plays the blues on his new album, coming March 29th...
The new Yngwie album..... - Page 2 Yngwiemalmsteenbluelightningcd

"Blue Lightning" track listing:

01. Blue Lightning
02. Foxy Lady
03. Demon's Eye
04. 1911 Strut
05. Blue Jeans Blues
06. Purple Haze
07. While My Guitar Gently Weeps
08. Sun's Up Top's Down
09. Peace, Please
10. Paint It Black
11. Smoke On The Water
12. Forever Man

Bonus tracks (vinyl and deluxe CD only)

13. Little Miss Lover
14. Jumping Jack Flash

Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: The new Yngwie album.....   The new Yngwie album..... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 01, 2019 11:49 am

Not in a hurry to buy this one. Might eventually pick it up later.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: The new Yngwie album.....   The new Yngwie album..... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 01, 2019 11:53 am

I'm curious. I'm not a huge fan, but I like him on occasion and I dig both blues and cover albums. I only wish he'd dug a little deeper on some of those tracks he picked. 'Smoke on the Water'? 'Paint It Black'?, C'mon man!! Those have been done to death!!

PostSubject: Re: The new Yngwie album.....   The new Yngwie album..... - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The new Yngwie album.....
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next