Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New Yngwie album: Spellbound

Go down 
+7
Gilbert
Temple of Blood
Psychotron
MetalGuy71
Dark Horseman
adrian
11 posters
AuthorMessage
adrian
Metal master
Metal master
adrian

Number of posts : 994

New Yngwie album: Spellbound Empty
PostSubject: New Yngwie album: Spellbound   New Yngwie album: Spellbound Icon_minitimeWed Oct 17, 2012 9:51 pm

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=180863

Not a lot of info yet aside from the title. I'm assuming it's still Ripper on vocals

Also it was announced today on Yngwie's twitter that the album will be released December 5th. As with all Yngwie albums I'll be getting it right away \'arry \'eadbanger
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: New Yngwie album: Spellbound   New Yngwie album: Spellbound Icon_minitimeThu Oct 18, 2012 12:26 pm

Hope it's still Ripper, Perpetual Flame put Malmsteen back on my radar.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40559

PostSubject: Re: New Yngwie album: Spellbound   New Yngwie album: Spellbound Icon_minitimeThu Oct 18, 2012 12:30 pm

cool

I'm hoping it's still Ripper too.
Back to top Go down
adrian
Metal master
Metal master
adrian

PostSubject: Re: New Yngwie album: Spellbound   New Yngwie album: Spellbound Icon_minitimeThu Oct 18, 2012 4:24 pm

I'm suspicious that if it isn't Ripper it's going to be his bassist who filled in on vocals at the Getaway Rock Festival earlier this year. Actually, with Ripper being busy with Dio Disciples lately, I wouldn't be surprised at all if that's who it'll be
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: New Yngwie album: Spellbound   New Yngwie album: Spellbound Icon_minitimeThu Oct 18, 2012 4:59 pm

It's not Ripper...

Quote :
Acclaimed heavy metal singer Tim "Ripper" Owens (BEYOND FEAR, ex-JUDAS PRIEST, ICED EARTH), who has been fronting Yngwie Malmsteen's band both live and in the studio since February 2008, does not appear on the legendary Swedish guitarist's new album, "Spell Bound", which is scheduled for release on December 5.

...and no confirmation who is providing vocals.

Metal master
Metal master
adrian

PostSubject: Re: New Yngwie album: Spellbound   New Yngwie album: Spellbound Icon_minitimeThu Oct 18, 2012 5:33 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
It's not Ripper...

Quote :
Acclaimed heavy metal singer Tim "Ripper" Owens (BEYOND FEAR, ex-JUDAS PRIEST, ICED EARTH), who has been fronting Yngwie Malmsteen's band both live and in the studio since February 2008, does not appear on the legendary Swedish guitarist's new album, "Spell Bound", which is scheduled for release on December 5.

I guess I missed that bit. So it must be this Ralph Ciavolino guy then
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

PostSubject: Re: New Yngwie album: Spellbound   New Yngwie album: Spellbound Icon_minitimeThu Oct 18, 2012 7:31 pm

Bummer, hard shoes to step into after Tim.
Back to top Go down
Psychotron
Metal student
Metal student
Psychotron

Number of posts : 167

PostSubject: Re: New Yngwie album: Spellbound   New Yngwie album: Spellbound Icon_minitimeFri Oct 19, 2012 1:11 am

Maybe Yngwie will keep the vocalist a secret until the album is released. Keep people guessing type of thing. I wouldn't mind if he got Jeff Scott Soto back personally. He could give Joe Lynn Turner another go too.

Back to top Go down
http://nicksmetal.blogspot.com

PostSubject: Re: New Yngwie album: Spellbound   New Yngwie album: Spellbound Icon_minitimeFri Oct 19, 2012 1:15 am

Psychotron wrote:
He could give Joe Lynn Turner another go too.

That was the only Yngwie vocal stuff I ever liked, the Odyssey album. Aside from that I only like the instrumentals from the first 3 records.
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: New Yngwie album: Spellbound   New Yngwie album: Spellbound Icon_minitimeFri Oct 19, 2012 5:52 am

It was a good idea to let Ripper go.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: New Yngwie album: Spellbound   New Yngwie album: Spellbound Icon_minitimeFri Oct 19, 2012 7:29 am

Bet it's nothing but hairy shredding again...
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: New Yngwie album: Spellbound   New Yngwie album: Spellbound Icon_minitimeFri Oct 19, 2012 9:37 am

adrian wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:
It's not Ripper...

Quote :

I guess I missed that bit. So it must be this Ralph Ciavolino guy then

You didn't miss it. That news was a seperate story on Blabbermouth. They mentioned that Ralph the bass player filled in on the tour, but there was no mention of who is doing any lead vocals on this album. Maybe it's gonna be all instrumental?

Metal master
Metal master
JBall_Z

Number of posts : 919

PostSubject: Re: New Yngwie album: Spellbound   New Yngwie album: Spellbound Icon_minitimeFri Oct 19, 2012 12:05 pm

S.D. wrote:
Psychotron wrote:
He could give Joe Lynn Turner another go too.

That was the only Yngwie vocal stuff I ever liked, the Odyssey album. Aside from that I only like the instrumentals from the first 3 records.

I think Marching Out with Jeff Scott Soto on vox is an excellent album. Great songs, tempered shredding.
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

PostSubject: Re: New Yngwie album: Spellbound   New Yngwie album: Spellbound Icon_minitimeFri Oct 19, 2012 12:31 pm

Soto would be my second pick.
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: New Yngwie album: Spellbound   New Yngwie album: Spellbound Icon_minitimeFri Oct 19, 2012 12:40 pm

Mark Boals is utterly untouchable on Trilogy...

PostSubject: Re: New Yngwie album: Spellbound   New Yngwie album: Spellbound Icon_minitimeFri Oct 19, 2012 12:50 pm

I never liked Jeff Scott Soto on those early Yngwie records, most of the time I only played the instrumentals and skipped the vocal tracks completely. I also thought from a songwriting perspective the vocal tracks on the first two albums were really subpar. Marching Out always sounded terrible too, crappy mix...at least the original LP.

Trilogy was a little better, a few decent vocal tracks...but the instrumental stuff is still the primary draw, especially the title track.

Back to top Go down
adrian
Metal master
Metal master
adrian

PostSubject: Re: New Yngwie album: Spellbound   New Yngwie album: Spellbound Icon_minitimeFri Oct 19, 2012 3:09 pm

This site claims it is going to be that Ralph guy:

http://www.allaxess.com/guitar-blog/guitar-news/yngwie-malmsteen-sets-release-date-for-spell-bound?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=yngwie-malmsteen-sets-release-date-for-spell-bound

Of course there's the question of where they got the info and if its legitimate

As far as him getting Joe Lynn Turner back, I personally would love that. Maybe it wouldn't suit the heavier direction he's taken in recent years, but something along the lines of Odyssey would be really great in my opinion. Also not entirely outside the realm of possibility: Yngwie and JLT did do a private show in Russia a little while back or so I heard
Back to top Go down
snooloui
Metal master
Metal master
snooloui

Number of posts : 913

PostSubject: Re: New Yngwie album: Spellbound   New Yngwie album: Spellbound Icon_minitimeFri Oct 19, 2012 3:25 pm

I wouldn't mind it either. Odyssey is his best album in my opinion and Joe Lynn Turner proved he has still got it on the latest Sunstorm release. Would be interesting if he did something a little closer to that again.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: New Yngwie album: Spellbound   New Yngwie album: Spellbound Icon_minitimeFri Oct 19, 2012 5:11 pm

IMO, outside of his debut, my favorite Yngwie album was 'Odysessy' because Joe Lynn Turner turned all that guitar wankery into actual songs.

I am an Yngwie fan, and more or less have enjoyed all his albums, because in some ways they are somewhat interchangeable. If you like Yngwie, you know what you are going to get.

IMO Joe Lynn Turner was the best vocalist that Yngwie has worked with, thou I thought Doogie White was not bad and Ripper Owens did a great job
Back to top Go down
JBall_Z
Metal master
Metal master
JBall_Z

Number of posts : 919

PostSubject: Re: New Yngwie album: Spellbound   New Yngwie album: Spellbound Icon_minitimeFri Oct 19, 2012 5:42 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
Mark Boals is utterly untouchable on Trilogy...

Yes! Thank you, Shawn. Your comment reminded me that I want to check out Mark Boals' solo stuff.

Last edited by JBall_Z on Sat Oct 20, 2012 12:59 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
adrian
Metal master
Metal master
adrian

PostSubject: Re: New Yngwie album: Spellbound   New Yngwie album: Spellbound Icon_minitimeFri Oct 19, 2012 8:18 pm

While great on Trilogy, I've always felt Mark Boals really outdid that performance with his work on Alchemy. Leonardo for instance is simply mindblowing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Yngwie album: Spellbound   New Yngwie album: Spellbound Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Yngwie album: Spellbound
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: