Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Yngwie's classical covers

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
muckie
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
muckie

Number of posts : 493

Yngwie's classical covers Empty
PostSubject: Yngwie's classical covers   Yngwie's classical covers Icon_minitimeFri Mar 31, 2017 3:02 am

Did Yngwie ever do an album or compilation just of arrangements and covers of classical pieces? I tend to prefer hearing him in this mode and was wondering which albums are dedicated specifically to these kinds of songs he's done that I find on YouTube. I'm not really familiar with his catalogue.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Yngwie's classical covers   Yngwie's classical covers Icon_minitimeFri Mar 31, 2017 10:09 am

This might be to your liking. It's not exactly what you're looking for, but pretty close...

Yngwie's classical covers Concertoguitar

Concerto Suite for Electric Guitar and Orchestra (also known as Concerto Suite for Electric Guitar and Orchestra in E Flat Minor Op.1) is the eleventh studio album by guitarist Yngwie Malmsteen, released on 30 June 1998 through Spitfire Records.

The album was Malmsteen's first attempt at a classical concerto suite featuring electric guitar solos. All of the music was composed by Malmsteen, though his compositions were scored by his friend and fellow musician David Rosenthal. The music is conducted by Yoel Levi, and performed by the Czech Philharmonic.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: Yngwie's classical covers   Yngwie's classical covers Icon_minitimeFri Mar 31, 2017 12:13 pm

I don't think he did an album covering classical pieces. But if I'm not mistaken he did an album of covering some of his favorite songs.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Yngwie's classical covers   Yngwie's classical covers Icon_minitimeMon Apr 03, 2017 12:59 pm

nevermore wrote:
I don't think he did an album covering classical pieces. But if I'm not mistaken he did an album of  covering some of his favorite songs.

Yup. That was the Inspiration album. No classical music, just covers of rock songs. Still good though.

PostSubject: Re: Yngwie's classical covers   Yngwie's classical covers Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Yngwie's classical covers
Page 1 of 1