Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

I Hate and/or Love Yngwie Malmsteen

Go down 
+21
Lurideath
Louder
manny
zombiewalkin
sam
YngwieDokkenfan
SAHB Healer
iamrockerfun
MetalGuy71
ultmetal
krokus
nevermore
DallasBlack
stepcousin
mc666
Required Fields
the sentinel
Temple of Blood
Fat Freddy
journeyman
25 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

I Hate and/or Love Yngwie Malmsteen Empty
PostSubject: I Hate and/or Love Yngwie Malmsteen   I Hate and/or Love Yngwie Malmsteen Icon_minitimeFri Nov 09, 2007 8:34 pm

Hi.

I love Yngwie Malmsteen. He is probably my 3rd favorite guitarist (behind Blackmore and SRV). I think he is cheesy as hell, a cocky prick, and kinda one dimensional but I really can't get enough of his work.

What are your thoughts on The Malm' ?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I Hate and/or Love Yngwie Malmsteen   I Hate and/or Love Yngwie Malmsteen Icon_minitimeFri Nov 09, 2007 8:35 pm

Don't like his music, but the clip of him in the Pantera home video is awesome! Haha.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40559

PostSubject: Re: I Hate and/or Love Yngwie Malmsteen   I Hate and/or Love Yngwie Malmsteen Icon_minitimeFri Nov 09, 2007 8:40 pm

Good stuff ! I have all his releases except for Alchemy.I enjoy the neo-classical music.
Back to top Go down
journeyman
Metal master
Metal master
journeyman

Number of posts : 883

PostSubject: Re: I Hate and/or Love Yngwie Malmsteen   I Hate and/or Love Yngwie Malmsteen Icon_minitimeFri Nov 09, 2007 9:23 pm

I really flipped when I heard Rising Force back when it was released. It was new and cool and still is. I haven't heard anything past Odyssey so I don't know what he is doing now, but I really like his first three albums. The guy is simpily awe inspiring.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: I Hate and/or Love Yngwie Malmsteen   I Hate and/or Love Yngwie Malmsteen Icon_minitimeFri Nov 09, 2007 9:24 pm

I don't particularly love, nor do I particularly hate, Mr Malmsteen. Is there such a thing as being "aggressively disinterested" in him? Shocked

I guess he's had a few cool tunes here and there but I don't own any of his albums. I think the only thing I have with him on it is a CD-R of the "Steeler" album he did with Ron Keel back in 1983. Oh, and I have the "Holy Dio" tribute album where his band did "Gates of Babylon."

Other than that, I guess I never saw what all the woop-de-doo was.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I Hate and/or Love Yngwie Malmsteen   I Hate and/or Love Yngwie Malmsteen Icon_minitimeFri Nov 09, 2007 9:33 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Is there such a thing as being "aggressively disinterested"?

Yes there is such a thing. It's describes exactly how I feel about Nightwish and Iced Earth.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: I Hate and/or Love Yngwie Malmsteen   I Hate and/or Love Yngwie Malmsteen Icon_minitimeFri Nov 09, 2007 9:44 pm

spectrefate wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
Is there such a thing as being "aggressively disinterested"?

Yes there is such a thing. It's describes exactly how I feel about Nightwish and Iced Earth.

I too am aggressively disinterested in Nightwish. Not so much Iced Earth, although I am pretty disinterested in the new album Sad

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: I Hate and/or Love Yngwie Malmsteen   I Hate and/or Love Yngwie Malmsteen Icon_minitimeFri Nov 09, 2007 9:50 pm

His first two albums are great.

"Far Beyond the Sun" is one of the best metal songs ever.

I like some songs scattered on his other releases as well.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: I Hate and/or Love Yngwie Malmsteen   I Hate and/or Love Yngwie Malmsteen Icon_minitimeFri Nov 09, 2007 9:50 pm

I have his entire catalogue save for a disc or two (Alchemy and the Concerto for Guitar Volume whatever) and agree his personality and attitude suck but I just love his playing and have since 1985. The thing about his cd's I really enjoy (besides the obvious dazzling guitar work) is the fact that he has paired himself with some quality singers like Jeff Scott Soto and Joe Lynn Turner so it's more than just instrumentals and medleys to solo over.
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

PostSubject: Re: I Hate and/or Love Yngwie Malmsteen   I Hate and/or Love Yngwie Malmsteen Icon_minitimeFri Nov 09, 2007 10:42 pm

Yngwie Who?
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: I Hate and/or Love Yngwie Malmsteen   I Hate and/or Love Yngwie Malmsteen Icon_minitimeSat Nov 10, 2007 12:20 am

i'm on the fence i guess. he's definitely a great guitarist & i've liked alot of his material. however, some of it is a bit much in the wankery dept.

stepcousin
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stepcousin

Number of posts : 1268

PostSubject: Re: I Hate and/or Love Yngwie Malmsteen   I Hate and/or Love Yngwie Malmsteen Icon_minitimeSat Nov 10, 2007 1:53 am

Temple of Blood wrote:
His first two albums are great.

"Far Beyond the Sun" is one of the best metal songs ever.

I like some songs scattered on his other releases as well.

I agree. I like his instrumental songs but his songs with vocals are a bit run-of-the-mill, like I cant wait to hear the solo then dont care for much after the solo. I also dont like his lyrics. Amazing giutarist, and I love guitar wankery music.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: I Hate and/or Love Yngwie Malmsteen   I Hate and/or Love Yngwie Malmsteen Icon_minitimeSat Nov 10, 2007 3:25 am

I've only heard Trilogy, and will agree his guitar playing is awesome, that being said, while the music isn't bad on that album there is just not enough to keep bringing me back (I must admit though that I need to give it another try). If I can get into it I might seek out other releases (or a live or best of album to get a better idea of what thre rest of his catalog is like).
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb

PostSubject: Re: I Hate and/or Love Yngwie Malmsteen   I Hate and/or Love Yngwie Malmsteen Icon_minitimeSat Nov 10, 2007 9:39 am

His music always seemed a bit heartless to me. He's the anti-Criss Oliva.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: I Hate and/or Love Yngwie Malmsteen   I Hate and/or Love Yngwie Malmsteen Icon_minitimeSat Nov 10, 2007 12:24 pm

I really enjoy his first 3 releases the most. I really would like to see him perform live at least once.
Back to top Go down
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

PostSubject: Re: I Hate and/or Love Yngwie Malmsteen   I Hate and/or Love Yngwie Malmsteen Icon_minitimeSat Nov 10, 2007 12:38 pm

Love all his albums till ALCHEMY. His albums after this one are weak, bad productions(specialy WAR TO END ALL WARS) and just bad songs.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I Hate and/or Love Yngwie Malmsteen   I Hate and/or Love Yngwie Malmsteen Icon_minitimeSat Nov 10, 2007 2:04 pm

I'm a fan!!! I prefer his early stuff, but I like all of it (that I've heard).

🤘
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

PostSubject: Re: I Hate and/or Love Yngwie Malmsteen   I Hate and/or Love Yngwie Malmsteen Icon_minitimeSat Nov 10, 2007 2:11 pm

Required Fields wrote:
Yngwie Who?

YNGWIE smurfing MALMSTEEN THAT'S WHO!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I Hate and/or Love Yngwie Malmsteen   I Hate and/or Love Yngwie Malmsteen Icon_minitimeSat Nov 10, 2007 2:13 pm

lol!
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

PostSubject: Re: I Hate and/or Love Yngwie Malmsteen   I Hate and/or Love Yngwie Malmsteen Icon_minitimeSat Nov 10, 2007 2:15 pm

I forgot about the swear filter. Ugh, that ruins the humor in it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I Hate and/or Love Yngwie Malmsteen   I Hate and/or Love Yngwie Malmsteen Icon_minitimeSat Nov 10, 2007 2:19 pm

Required Fields wrote:

Laughing very hard

Or you could look at it like it makes it even 'more' funny!
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: I Hate and/or Love Yngwie Malmsteen   I Hate and/or Love Yngwie Malmsteen Icon_minitimeSat Nov 10, 2007 3:02 pm

Required Fields wrote:

I was gonna say it makes it even more funny. LOL!

I became a fan of Ynqwie after purchasing the STEELER record with Ron
Keel back in the 80's. Then was lucky enough to catch him live with
ALCATRAZZ at Six Flags opening for TED NUGENT. Couple years later
saw him at a club in Pennsylvania on the "RISING FORCE RAPE AND PILAGE
TOUR". Have always been a fan and own most of his CDs.

However, sometimes I think he focuses to much on wank and technique
over song writing. Those first few Malmsteen albums had both, but after
that it seemed he became more and more focused on showing off how hot
of a guitarist he was.

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: I Hate and/or Love Yngwie Malmsteen   I Hate and/or Love Yngwie Malmsteen Icon_minitimeSat Nov 10, 2007 3:04 pm

I'm a casual fan. The few cd's I have of his, I enjoy, but I have lots of holes in that collection that I don't plan on filling anytime soon.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I Hate and/or Love Yngwie Malmsteen   I Hate and/or Love Yngwie Malmsteen Icon_minitimeSat Nov 10, 2007 4:03 pm

Great player but way to cheesy. How does one manage to be possibly one of the greatest guitarists out there and still make uninteresting music?
Back to top Go down
iamrockerfun
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
iamrockerfun

Number of posts : 2003

PostSubject: Re: I Hate and/or Love Yngwie Malmsteen   I Hate and/or Love Yngwie Malmsteen Icon_minitimeSat Nov 10, 2007 4:48 pm

i like only one song from YM album it's from 7th Sign and it's called:
"Prisoner of Your Love"
is downright embarrassing.

and album with Orchestra, that's all. see nothing new in guitar play.
Back to top Go down
http://bootlegnightmare.euweb.cz/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I Hate and/or Love Yngwie Malmsteen   I Hate and/or Love Yngwie Malmsteen Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I Hate and/or Love Yngwie Malmsteen
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next