Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Edguy "Tinnitus Sanctus"

Go down 
+10
sam
kmorg
MetalGuy71
scottmitchell74
Smindas
GrandNational
Metal Misfit
exact33
tohostudios
A Handful of Wayne
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage

Edguy "Tinnitus Sanctus" - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Edguy "Tinnitus Sanctus"   Edguy "Tinnitus Sanctus" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 18, 2008 4:26 pm

tohostudios wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
Who says this album is anti-religious?
I don't know if it is or not but the only reason for a cover like that is shock value IMO.
They didn't do a good job then, because that's not a very shocking image. lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Edguy "Tinnitus Sanctus"   Edguy "Tinnitus Sanctus" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 18, 2008 4:27 pm

The uncensored cover of Deicide's Once Upon The Cross would be much more shocking than the Edguy cover.
Back to top Go down
Smindas
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

Number of posts : 2546

PostSubject: Re: Edguy "Tinnitus Sanctus"   Edguy "Tinnitus Sanctus" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 18, 2008 4:41 pm

Interesting fact; Paul Gilbert has minor tinnitus and wear's hilarious headphones on stage in order to prevent it from getting worse.

The more you know~

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: Edguy "Tinnitus Sanctus"   Edguy "Tinnitus Sanctus" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 18, 2008 5:23 pm

Smindas wrote:
Interesting fact; Paul Gilbert has minor tinnitus and wear's hilarious headphones on stage in order to prevent it from getting worse.

The more you know~

Edguy "Tinnitus Sanctus" - Page 2 MoreYouKnow
Back to top Go down
Smindas
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

PostSubject: Re: Edguy "Tinnitus Sanctus"   Edguy "Tinnitus Sanctus" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 18, 2008 5:44 pm

Thank you, I couldn't be bothered to find the picture myself Very Happy

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

PostSubject: Re: Edguy "Tinnitus Sanctus"   Edguy "Tinnitus Sanctus" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 19, 2008 1:25 am

Smindas wrote:
Thank you, I couldn't be bothered to find the picture myself Very Happy

Edguy "Tinnitus Sanctus" - Page 2 505193
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Edguy "Tinnitus Sanctus"   Edguy "Tinnitus Sanctus" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 19, 2008 9:56 am

Smindas wrote:

The more you know~

I've seen him live and I thought the headphones were just worn to be goofy or something. In fact, they probably are to some extent. Didn't know about the tinnitus though. Jeff Beck & Pete Townshend both suffer from that as well, don't they?
Back to top Go down
Smindas
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

PostSubject: Re: Edguy "Tinnitus Sanctus"   Edguy "Tinnitus Sanctus" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 19, 2008 12:28 pm

Well, the headphones being goofy is probably an added bonus for the likes of Gilbert!

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
sam

Number of posts : 3012

PostSubject: Re: Edguy "Tinnitus Sanctus"   Edguy "Tinnitus Sanctus" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 19, 2008 1:19 pm

Just adds to his likability
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/samthebrutal
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Edguy "Tinnitus Sanctus"   Edguy "Tinnitus Sanctus" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 23, 2008 2:58 am

Love Edguy (don't have enough albums though-not easy to come by around here) and Tobias Sammet has become one of my favorite vocalists/musicians int he past handful of years. I only have Hall Of Flames (best of), Theater Of Salvation, and Hellfire Club at this time, however, if I can find the new one, I will pick it up without a second thought.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

PostSubject: Re: Edguy "Tinnitus Sanctus"   Edguy "Tinnitus Sanctus" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 12, 2008 11:27 pm

Tell me this album is not an import for the U.S. angry
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

PostSubject: Re: Edguy "Tinnitus Sanctus"   Edguy "Tinnitus Sanctus" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 02, 2008 5:26 pm

I was just reading an interview Tobias did where he said he doesn't want to make the "sacrifice" (moving) that it would take to be a big name in the US. He says he wouldn't live here in "a million years" because we're a totally different planet. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: Edguy "Tinnitus Sanctus"   Edguy "Tinnitus Sanctus" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 02, 2008 8:16 pm

Yea the album till idnt in th US yet, and yea he said that about living here too and who could blame him? Why would you want to try and become huge here when things are pretty much like here one minute gone the next. The US is all about hit singles not about actual music or the quality.

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Edguy "Tinnitus Sanctus"   Edguy "Tinnitus Sanctus" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 02, 2008 8:18 pm

My import copy is en route. Can't wait to weigh in on the discussion.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

PostSubject: Re: Edguy "Tinnitus Sanctus"   Edguy "Tinnitus Sanctus" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 02, 2008 8:21 pm

Phoenix Reign Drummer wrote:
Yea the album till idnt in th US yet, and yea he said that about living here too and who could blame him? Why would you want to try and become huge here when things are pretty much like here one minute gone the next. The US is all about hit singles not about actual music or the quality.

Yeah, so what's going on here? The US getting a release or am I gonna have to spend $30 on an import? :kickbutt:

Oh I know. I just thought it was funny he would actually say that.
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

PostSubject: Re: Edguy "Tinnitus Sanctus"   Edguy "Tinnitus Sanctus" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 02, 2008 8:48 pm

nah I got my copy on ebay for like $13 and the 2 cd edition too from METALPINS (I think thats his member name, fast shipping too got it in like 2 days)

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Edguy "Tinnitus Sanctus"   Edguy "Tinnitus Sanctus" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 02, 2008 8:53 pm

Phoenix Reign Drummer wrote:
nah I got my copy on ebay for like $13 and the 2 cd edition too from METALPINS (I think thats his member name, fast shipping too got it in like 2 days)

Yeah, I'm getting the 2CD disc too.

And that metalpins rocks on Ebay! I've gotten some stuff from him/her before and it was delivered with lightning speed.

EDIT: I looked it up. Metalpins was the seller of the new Haggard CD which isn't even available as a US release.

Last edited by tohostudios on Tue Dec 02, 2008 8:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

PostSubject: Re: Edguy "Tinnitus Sanctus"   Edguy "Tinnitus Sanctus" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 02, 2008 8:55 pm

Yea hes awesome! great prices and fast delivery

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

PostSubject: Re: Edguy "Tinnitus Sanctus"   Edguy "Tinnitus Sanctus" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 02, 2008 8:58 pm

I'm going to metalpins. Smile
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Edguy "Tinnitus Sanctus"   Edguy "Tinnitus Sanctus" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 02, 2008 9:04 pm

"metalpinss"

Two esses. This guy rules!

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Edguy "Tinnitus Sanctus"   Edguy "Tinnitus Sanctus" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2008 9:34 pm

I actually haven't heard any of their CD's - plan to pick one up. Which one should I start with?
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Edguy "Tinnitus Sanctus"   Edguy "Tinnitus Sanctus" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2008 10:09 pm

thejokeriv wrote:
I actually haven't heard any of their CD's - plan to pick one up. Which one should I start with?

I started with Hall Of Flames, a best of disc. I'd suggest that one.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Edguy "Tinnitus Sanctus"   Edguy "Tinnitus Sanctus" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 11, 2008 9:47 am

DallasBlack wrote:
thejokeriv wrote:

I started with Hall Of Flames, a best of disc. I'd suggest that one.

My favorite is Mandrake.

Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

PostSubject: Re: Edguy "Tinnitus Sanctus"   Edguy "Tinnitus Sanctus" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 11, 2008 12:44 pm

My favorite is Vain Glory Opera but if you want something that is like in between what they do now and what they did back then I would say Hellfire Club is the way to go.

Hall Of Flames is cool cause it has some b sides but some of the tracks they picked werent my favs.

Mandrake is ok but to me its a little sluggish, but now with the new album out Mandrake is speed metal compared to it. haha

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Edguy "Tinnitus Sanctus"   Edguy "Tinnitus Sanctus" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 11, 2008 1:15 pm

This is a really dissapointing album for me. They have changed so much, and I'm not even sure they are a metal band any longer!! Bon Jovi-ish perhaps? This sounds like a lighter Tobias Sammet solo effort Sad

PostSubject: Re: Edguy "Tinnitus Sanctus"   Edguy "Tinnitus Sanctus" - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Edguy "Tinnitus Sanctus"
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next