Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Edguy "Tinnitus Sanctus"

Go down 
+10
sam
kmorg
MetalGuy71
scottmitchell74
Smindas
GrandNational
Metal Misfit
exact33
tohostudios
A Handful of Wayne
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

Edguy "Tinnitus Sanctus" Empty
PostSubject: Edguy "Tinnitus Sanctus"   Edguy "Tinnitus Sanctus" Icon_minitimeTue Sep 16, 2008 8:57 pm

The cover artwork for "Tinnitus Sanctus", the new album from German melodic metallers EDGUY, can be viewed below. The was recorded at Gate Studios in Wolfsburg, Germany with producer Sascha Paeth and is scheduled to be released on November 16.

Edguy "Tinnitus Sanctus" 2864291148_92bd64bf83

Hopefully this will be better than their last album. It was good but just wasnt as good as Hellfire Club. The US version of Hellfire Club annoyed me though cause evey copy that I bought had a glitch in it. Eventually I bought a import and it had awesome bonus tracks so it worked out for the better. Anyway the cover art for this one is a little shocking and also a little funny. I was surprised they would have a picture of Jesus on it bleeding from his ear. Especially after their last albums cartoonish look.

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Edguy "Tinnitus Sanctus"   Edguy "Tinnitus Sanctus" Icon_minitimeTue Sep 16, 2008 9:01 pm

Interesting. And disturbing at the same time.

I hate when bands start pursuing anti-religious themes strictly as a publicity stunt.

Edguy has had hints of this tactic in the past but this is the same band that created "Alien Drum Bunny" so no one took it seriously.

Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

PostSubject: Re: Edguy "Tinnitus Sanctus"   Edguy "Tinnitus Sanctus" Icon_minitimeTue Sep 16, 2008 9:07 pm

tohostudios wrote:
Interesting. And disturbing at the same time.

I hate when bands start pursuing anti-religious themes strictly as a publicity stunt.

Edguy has had hints of this tactic in the past but this is the same band that created "Alien Drum Bunny" so no one took it seriously.

lol I never know if I should like that song or hate it. Its catchy but so damn stupid. I agree about the cover. Im not very religious and I dont really care who does what so I really dont take any offense in the cover but I know some other people will and this might not be a good thing for this band.

The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: Edguy "Tinnitus Sanctus"   Edguy "Tinnitus Sanctus" Icon_minitimeTue Sep 16, 2008 9:18 pm

ill get their eps. They are always better than the studio albums...

Alex

tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Edguy "Tinnitus Sanctus"   Edguy "Tinnitus Sanctus" Icon_minitimeTue Sep 16, 2008 9:20 pm

That "King" pic is just plain creepy.

That new ad with him "reverse pickpocketing" just creeps me out. I always hope that the taxi that hits him kills his ass.

The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: Edguy "Tinnitus Sanctus"   Edguy "Tinnitus Sanctus" Icon_minitimeTue Sep 16, 2008 9:35 pm

tohostudios wrote:
That "King" pic is just plain creepy.

That new ad with him "reverse pickpocketing" just creeps me out. I always hope that the taxi that hits him kills his ass.

you wouldnt want him staring in your bedroom window???

Alex

PostSubject: Re: Edguy "Tinnitus Sanctus"   Edguy "Tinnitus Sanctus" Icon_minitimeTue Sep 16, 2008 10:00 pm

I liked Edguy for about 10 minutes...then I got over it.
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: Edguy "Tinnitus Sanctus"   Edguy "Tinnitus Sanctus" Icon_minitimeTue Sep 16, 2008 10:17 pm

I love Edguy! Surprisingly though, I just found out about this release a few weeks ago. I still say Rocket Ride was their best and this sounds like it's going to be in that same vein. Though I've heard it will be a bit heavier.

I got into Edguy with Rocket Ride, but I gues there was a lot of backlash from longtime fans for that album and the recent Avantasia... I just read an interesting article (sorry, I don't remember have the link or remember the site I saw it at) the other day with Tobias talking about how he doesn't care what anyone thinks of him or Edguy and that they're going to make the music they want to. He said he'd rather put out Tinnitus Sanctus and have it bomb than make the album others want him to make.
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

PostSubject: Re: Edguy "Tinnitus Sanctus"   Edguy "Tinnitus Sanctus" Icon_minitimeTue Sep 16, 2008 11:25 pm

Exactly and thats how it should be. Would you really want to just hear the same albums over and over?

PostSubject: Re: Edguy "Tinnitus Sanctus"   Edguy "Tinnitus Sanctus" Icon_minitimeWed Sep 17, 2008 12:46 am

Who says this album is anti-religious?
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

PostSubject: Re: Edguy "Tinnitus Sanctus"   Edguy "Tinnitus Sanctus" Icon_minitimeWed Sep 17, 2008 1:05 am

Its not its Edguy, but people who have no idea who they are might think that.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

PostSubject: Re: Edguy "Tinnitus Sanctus"   Edguy "Tinnitus Sanctus" Icon_minitimeWed Sep 17, 2008 2:08 am

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
I liked Edguy for about 10 minutes...then I got over it.

My sentiments exactly. The singer is not my cup of tea.
Back to top Go down
Smindas
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

Number of posts : 2546

PostSubject: Re: Edguy "Tinnitus Sanctus"   Edguy "Tinnitus Sanctus" Icon_minitimeWed Sep 17, 2008 8:10 am

Eyesore wrote:

My thoughts exactly.

Anyway, I will undoubtedly pick this one up.

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Edguy "Tinnitus Sanctus"   Edguy "Tinnitus Sanctus" Icon_minitimeWed Sep 17, 2008 8:16 am

Eyesore wrote:

I don't know if it is or not but the only reason for a cover like that is shock value IMO.

Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

PostSubject: Re: Edguy "Tinnitus Sanctus"   Edguy "Tinnitus Sanctus" Icon_minitimeWed Sep 17, 2008 8:35 am

I love Edguy. I hope it's not anti-religious. I don't mind questioning stuff...as long as it's not blasphemous or evil.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Edguy "Tinnitus Sanctus"   Edguy "Tinnitus Sanctus" Icon_minitimeWed Sep 17, 2008 8:41 am

scottmitchell74 wrote:
I love Edguy. I hope it's not anti-religious. I don't mind questioning stuff...as long as it's not blasphemous or evil.

That's my view as well.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

Number of posts : 2546

PostSubject: Re: Edguy "Tinnitus Sanctus"   Edguy "Tinnitus Sanctus" Icon_minitimeWed Sep 17, 2008 8:44 am

tohostudios wrote:
Eyesore wrote:

I don't know if it is or not but the only reason for a cover like that is shock value IMO.

But the cover is hardly shocking at all. It's just tongue in cheek, and fitting in with the album's name.

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Edguy "Tinnitus Sanctus"   Edguy "Tinnitus Sanctus" Icon_minitimeWed Sep 17, 2008 10:53 am

I'm a little bored with these guys. I liked 'em for awhile, but I don't know that I'll be getting this, unless I found it cheap used. Too many other bands I gotta get caught up with before I go tracking this one down.

As for the album cover, I suppose some people could get the wrong impression, although it could go either way. If you don't know the band, it could be perceived as a religious/Christian album or a mockery. The cover image doesn't bother me.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Edguy "Tinnitus Sanctus"   Edguy "Tinnitus Sanctus" Icon_minitimeWed Sep 17, 2008 11:02 am

There's no reason to think that the album is anti-religious...looks to me like they're trying to tell you (comically) how loud they are...
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Edguy "Tinnitus Sanctus"   Edguy "Tinnitus Sanctus" Icon_minitimeWed Sep 17, 2008 11:14 am

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
There's no reason to think that the album is anti-religious...looks to me like they're trying to tell you (comically) how loud they are...

That's what I think too. But there are people out there that get their undies in a bunch when they see Jesus associated with rock and/or metal. Not that they would ever stock an Edguy cd in their stores anyway, but I betcha if they tried to sell this in Walmart, they'd have to create an alternate cover or put it in some kinda slipcase.
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: Edguy "Tinnitus Sanctus"   Edguy "Tinnitus Sanctus" Icon_minitimeWed Sep 17, 2008 4:43 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:

That's what I took from it as well. I think it's pretty funny.
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Edguy "Tinnitus Sanctus"   Edguy "Tinnitus Sanctus" Icon_minitimeThu Sep 18, 2008 2:12 pm

You guys know what Tinnutus is, right? So the title means something like Holy Ear Damage.

PostSubject: Re: Edguy "Tinnitus Sanctus"   Edguy "Tinnitus Sanctus" Icon_minitimeThu Sep 18, 2008 2:14 pm

kmorg wrote:
You guys know what Tinnutus is, right? So the title means something like Holy Ear Damage.

Hey buddy, leave the English lessons to us. angry

Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Edguy "Tinnitus Sanctus"   Edguy "Tinnitus Sanctus" Icon_minitimeThu Sep 18, 2008 2:14 pm

SANCTIFIED EARDRUM DESTRUCTIIIIIIOOOONNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edguy "Tinnitus Sanctus" Tobias_Sammet-12403
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Edguy "Tinnitus Sanctus"   Edguy "Tinnitus Sanctus" Icon_minitimeThu Sep 18, 2008 2:19 pm

spectrefate wrote:
kmorg wrote:

Hey buddy, leave the English lessons to us. angry

Smile

I was going for a Latin lesson, but you couldn't even figure that out.....

lol!

PostSubject: Re: Edguy "Tinnitus Sanctus"   Edguy "Tinnitus Sanctus" Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Edguy "Tinnitus Sanctus"
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next