Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

$ales predictions? Metallica vs. AC/DC

Go down 
+24
XYZ
tohostudios
Required Fields
arttieTHE1manparty
Metal Misfit
Wargod
sam
7thSecond
MetalRob331
Temple of Blood
thejokeriv
manny
the sentinel
TheGooch
Fat Freddy
ghost
Thrasher73
MetalGuy71
ultmetal
skullsmasher
mc666
Lurideath
GrandNational
Troublezone
28 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

$ales predictions? Metallica vs. AC/DC - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: $ales predictions? Metallica vs. AC/DC   $ales predictions? Metallica vs. AC/DC - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 09, 2008 7:27 pm

Metal Misfit wrote:
GrandNational wrote:
Black Ice - In its first week, it sold 784,000 copies in the US alone.

Stiff Upper Lip (2000) - Barely sold over 1,000,000 copies in US in 8 years.

Go Figure!

The Power of Wal-Mart. This is why exclusives are good for bands.

It is good for bands, but it sucks for people who don't have a Wal-Mart near them.
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: $ales predictions? Metallica vs. AC/DC   $ales predictions? Metallica vs. AC/DC - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 09, 2008 8:04 pm

I usually wait for stuff to show up in the local indie shop used.
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: $ales predictions? Metallica vs. AC/DC   $ales predictions? Metallica vs. AC/DC - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 31, 2008 7:13 pm

AC/DC's Wal-Mart-exclusive release, "Black Ice" (Columbia), sold 1.92 million copies to rank No. 5 for the year. It was also held back from digital retailers. METALLICA's "Death Magnetic" (Warner Bros.) came in at No. 7 with 1.57 million
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: $ales predictions? Metallica vs. AC/DC   $ales predictions? Metallica vs. AC/DC - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 01, 2009 8:43 pm

I like both albums alot. But, the Metallica platter gets more spins at my house. Peace.
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

PostSubject: Re: $ales predictions? Metallica vs. AC/DC   $ales predictions? Metallica vs. AC/DC - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 01, 2009 8:48 pm

Although i like both releases, i feel they both were a let down.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: $ales predictions? Metallica vs. AC/DC   $ales predictions? Metallica vs. AC/DC - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 01, 2009 8:54 pm

MetalRob331 wrote:

This is one where we disagree Rob.

I can't stand Death Magnetic. I don't find the songs to be memorable at all; just a lot of riffing.

On the other hand, I haven't cared much for anything AC/DC has put out after Back In Black - I much prefer Bon Scott on vocals. However, I found a lot to like on Black Ice. Do I think it deserves all the hype? No, but it's a lot better than I expected and the best post-Bon Scott album since Back In Black IMO.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: $ales predictions? Metallica vs. AC/DC   $ales predictions? Metallica vs. AC/DC - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 01, 2009 10:18 pm

AC/DC's Wal-Mart exclusive release, "Black Ice" (Columbia), sold 1.92 million copies to rank No. 5 for the year. It was also held back from digital retailers. Metallica's "Death Magnetic" (Warner Bros.) came in at No. 7 with 1.57 million, followed by T.I.'s "Paper Trail" (Grand Hustle/Atlantic) at No. 8 with 1.52 million.
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

PostSubject: Re: $ales predictions? Metallica vs. AC/DC   $ales predictions? Metallica vs. AC/DC - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 02, 2009 12:30 am

tohostudios wrote:
MetalRob331 wrote:

This is one where we disagree Rob.

I can't stand Death Magnetic. I don't find the songs to be memorable at all; just a lot of riffing.

On the other hand, I haven't cared much for anything AC/DC has put out after Back In Black - I much prefer Bon Scott on vocals. However, I found a lot to like on Black Ice. Do I think it deserves all the hype? No, but it's a lot better than I expected and the best post-Bon Scott album since Back In Black IMO.

We can disagree to agree, The only songs I find memorable on DM are All Nightmare Long and Broken Beat and Scarred other then that i agree it sounds like a bunch of riffs thrown on an album. As for Ac/Dc I'm not the hugest fan as I think the band is way overrated with there very repetitive style of music. I liked a few of the songs of of Black Ice
Back to top Go down
Mattallica667
Metal novice
Metal novice
Mattallica667

Number of posts : 89

PostSubject: Re: $ales predictions? Metallica vs. AC/DC   $ales predictions? Metallica vs. AC/DC - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 03, 2009 1:34 pm

If you ask me, making an album and not putting it on iTunes is kind of stupid. Because if its on iTunes they can make a lot more money off it. Of course people will be able to get ripped copies for free, but it's not like that won't happen anyway.
Back to top Go down
arttieTHE1manparty
Administrator
arttieTHE1manparty

Number of posts : 863

PostSubject: Re: $ales predictions? Metallica vs. AC/DC   $ales predictions? Metallica vs. AC/DC - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 03, 2009 8:53 pm

According to the final SoundScan results for the year, AC/DC's Wal-Mart exclusive release, "Black Ice" (Columbia), sold 1.92 million copies to rank No. 5 for the year. Metallica's "Death Magnetic" (Warner Bros.) came in at No. 7 with 1.57 million.

I also just read that AC/DC just passed 2 million in the US in the past day or two.

Arttie
Back to top Go down
http://christianmetalrealm.niceboard.com
arttieTHE1manparty
Administrator
arttieTHE1manparty

Number of posts : 863

PostSubject: Re: $ales predictions? Metallica vs. AC/DC   $ales predictions? Metallica vs. AC/DC - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 03, 2009 8:54 pm

My bad...saw that someone had already posted these figures.

Arttie
Back to top Go down
http://christianmetalrealm.niceboard.com
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: $ales predictions? Metallica vs. AC/DC   $ales predictions? Metallica vs. AC/DC - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 03, 2009 8:58 pm

arttieTHE1manparty wrote:
According to the final SoundScan results for the year, AC/DC's Wal-Mart exclusive release, "Black Ice" (Columbia), sold 1.92 million copies to rank No. 5 for the year. Metallica's "Death Magnetic" (Warner Bros.) came in at No. 7 with 1.57 million.

I also just read that AC/DC just passed 2 million in the US in the past day or two.

Arttie

AC/DC is probably gonna go out on top when they retire.
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: $ales predictions? Metallica vs. AC/DC   $ales predictions? Metallica vs. AC/DC - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 03, 2009 10:38 pm

Mattallica667 wrote:
If you ask me, making an album and not putting it on iTunes is kind of stupid. Because if its on iTunes they can make a lot more money off it. Of course people will be able to get ripped copies for free, but it's not like that won't happen anyway.

This has been addressed already. Sales of AC/DC's back catalog continues to grow in recent years, some speculate this is because they AREN'T on iTunes. Angus has said they are against iTunes because the band wants you to experience their albums as a whole and not just a song or two or a corporate-forced single.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: $ales predictions? Metallica vs. AC/DC   $ales predictions? Metallica vs. AC/DC - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

$ales predictions? Metallica vs. AC/DC
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4