Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Hockey fans...your 2009-10 NHL predictions

Go down 
+8
Lari
tohostudios
exact33
7thSaviour
T-Roy
Troublezone
spiritoradio
Required Fields
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

Hockey fans...your 2009-10 NHL predictions Empty
PostSubject: Hockey fans...your 2009-10 NHL predictions   Hockey fans...your 2009-10 NHL predictions Icon_minitimeFri Aug 28, 2009 10:13 pm

My predictions:

Eastern Conference
1. Boston Bruins
2. Pittsburgh Penguins
3. Washington Capitals
4. Philadelphia Flyers
5. New Jersey Devils
6. Carolina Hurricanes
7. Buffalo Sabres
8. Montreal Canadiens
9. Ottawa Senators
10. Florida Panthers
11. New York Rangers
12. Tampa Bay Lightning
13. Atlanta Thrashers
14. New York Islanders
15. Toronto Maple Leafs

Western Conference
1. Detroit Red Wings
2. San Jose Sharks
3. Vancouver Canucks
4. Chicago Blackhawks
5. Calgary Flames
6. Anaheim Ducks
7. St. Louis Blues
8. Columbus Blue Jackets
9. Dallas Stars
10. Edmonton Oilers
11. Minnesota Wild
12. Nashville Predators
13. Los Angeles Kings
14. Colorado Avalanche
15. Phoenix Coyotes
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
spiritoradio
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
spiritoradio

Number of posts : 1510

PostSubject: Re: Hockey fans...your 2009-10 NHL predictions   Hockey fans...your 2009-10 NHL predictions Icon_minitimeFri Aug 28, 2009 11:57 pm

I believe the playoffs will pretty much be exactly the same as last year with the exception of maybe Vancouver. I hope that the Minnesota Wild make it into the playoffs this year, but being as they are a Minnesota team they will probably blow it right at the last minute, but I should be used to that by now right?
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?ref=profile&id=507304580
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Hockey fans...your 2009-10 NHL predictions   Hockey fans...your 2009-10 NHL predictions Icon_minitimeSat Aug 29, 2009 3:23 am

All i care is if the Kings or Ducks win. Smile
Back to top Go down
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

Number of posts : 4077

PostSubject: Re: Hockey fans...your 2009-10 NHL predictions   Hockey fans...your 2009-10 NHL predictions Icon_minitimeSat Aug 29, 2009 6:55 am

Western Conference
My Sharks will dominate the West AGAIN during the regular season. Only to be swept in the first round by Columbus.

Detroit will make their third appearance in a row in the Finals as fans have all but forgotten about the most boring conference in all of pro sports.

Eastern Conference
The Rangers will be labeled a "REAL CONTENDER" entering the regular season with an all-star lineup that will be mostly traded away, suspended or injured by week 4 and will be on their second head coach....that same week.

Ovechkin will score goals. Some will be "spectacular" most will be due to goal tending and defensemen gene-pool-breakdown due to having 30-some teams in a league that can only ever sustain maybe 20.

Pitt will dominate the regular season and I hope for a Pens/Canadians Eastern Conference Finals.

Pens go to third straight Finals and win second consecutive cup in......oh shoot, 7 games.

NHL
Bettman will announce the addition of 10 new expansion teams over the next 5 years in:
Argentina, Peru, Chili, Mexico, Alaska, Columbia, Sudan, Somalia, Kenya and Fire Island (of Which he will be the GM).

Phoenix will be purchased by NHL affiliates, kept in the desert to die a slow and fitting desert death only to be bought out and moved to Ontario in 5 years.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Hockey fans...your 2009-10 NHL predictions   Hockey fans...your 2009-10 NHL predictions Icon_minitimeTue Sep 01, 2009 10:01 am

Quote :
My Sharks will dominate the West AGAIN during the regular season.

Another team i like. San Jose is cool!

Last edited by Troublezone on Tue Sep 01, 2009 12:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hockey fans...your 2009-10 NHL predictions   Hockey fans...your 2009-10 NHL predictions Icon_minitimeTue Sep 01, 2009 12:48 pm

Bitter much T-roy? Cool

I don't see much change from last year though I think Boston will probably make the finals. I'm an Avs fan so it's been depressing lately.
Back to top Go down
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

PostSubject: Re: Hockey fans...your 2009-10 NHL predictions   Hockey fans...your 2009-10 NHL predictions Icon_minitimeTue Sep 01, 2009 2:42 pm

TheNazgul wrote:
Bitter much T-roy? Cool

I don't see much change from last year though I think Boston will probably make the finals. I'm an Avs fan so it's been depressing lately.
LOL, how can you tell? angry
Back to top Go down
7thSaviour
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
7thSaviour

Number of posts : 2206

PostSubject: Re: Hockey fans...your 2009-10 NHL predictions   Hockey fans...your 2009-10 NHL predictions Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2009 9:21 am

It'll be CHI Vs. PIT in the 2101 SCFs!
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: Hockey fans...your 2009-10 NHL predictions   Hockey fans...your 2009-10 NHL predictions Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2009 8:03 pm

Required Fields wrote:
My predictions:

Eastern Conference
1. Boston Bruins
2. Pittsburgh Penguins
3. Washington Capitals
4. Philadelphia Flyers
5. New Jersey Devils
6. Carolina Hurricanes
7. Buffalo Sabres
8. Montreal Canadiens
9. Ottawa Senators
10. Florida Panthers
11. New York Rangers
12. Tampa Bay Lightning
13. Atlanta Thrashers
14. New York Islanders
15. Toronto Maple Leafs

Western Conference
1. Detroit Red Wings
2. San Jose Sharks
3. Vancouver Canucks
4. Chicago Blackhawks
5. Calgary Flames
6. Anaheim Ducks
7. St. Louis Blues
8. Columbus Blue Jackets
9. Dallas Stars
10. Edmonton Oilers
11. Minnesota Wild
12. Nashville Predators
13. Los Angeles Kings
14. Colorado Avalanche
15. Phoenix Coyotes

I am a flyers fan but I am not sure i would rank them that high. They seem to put the choke in choke artist lately...

Alex

tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Hockey fans...your 2009-10 NHL predictions   Hockey fans...your 2009-10 NHL predictions Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2009 8:17 pm

I'm not a hockey fan but I think the Blues will be better than they've been recently.

The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: Hockey fans...your 2009-10 NHL predictions   Hockey fans...your 2009-10 NHL predictions Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2009 8:19 pm

tohostudios wrote:
I'm not a hockey fan but I think the Blues will be better than they've been recently.

thinking of the blues - hockey may actually benefit if the NFL goes on strike after next year...

Alex

tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Hockey fans...your 2009-10 NHL predictions   Hockey fans...your 2009-10 NHL predictions Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2009 8:25 pm

exact33 wrote:
tohostudios wrote:

thinking of the blues - hockey may actually benefit if the NFL goes on strike after next year...

Alex

Definitely around here.

Normally this town is a baseball town first, a football town a distant second and a hockey town an equally distant third. Remove football from the equation and hockey would really heat up around here.

The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: Hockey fans...your 2009-10 NHL predictions   Hockey fans...your 2009-10 NHL predictions Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2009 8:43 pm

tohostudios wrote:
exact33 wrote:
tohostudios wrote:

Alex

Definitely around here.

Normally this town is a baseball town first, a football town a distant second and a hockey town an equally distant third. Remove football from the equation and hockey would really heat up around here.

Philly is generally a football city but with the phils winning the WS last year it has changed a little. If football goes away people might start jumping out of buildings..

Alex

Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

PostSubject: Re: Hockey fans...your 2009-10 NHL predictions   Hockey fans...your 2009-10 NHL predictions Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2009 9:08 pm

exact33 wrote:
Required Fields wrote:
My predictions:

Eastern Conference
1. Boston Bruins
2. Pittsburgh Penguins
3. Washington Capitals
4. Philadelphia Flyers
5. New Jersey Devils
6. Carolina Hurricanes
7. Buffalo Sabres
8. Montreal Canadiens
9. Ottawa Senators
10. Florida Panthers
11. New York Rangers
12. Tampa Bay Lightning
13. Atlanta Thrashers
14. New York Islanders
15. Toronto Maple Leafs

Western Conference
1. Detroit Red Wings
2. San Jose Sharks
3. Vancouver Canucks
4. Chicago Blackhawks
5. Calgary Flames
6. Anaheim Ducks
7. St. Louis Blues
8. Columbus Blue Jackets
9. Dallas Stars
10. Edmonton Oilers
11. Minnesota Wild
12. Nashville Predators
13. Los Angeles Kings
14. Colorado Avalanche
15. Phoenix Coyotes

I am a flyers fan but I am not sure i would rank them that high. They seem to put the choke in choke artist lately...

Alex

The Hockey News actually picked them to win the Cup.

Anyways, I have no idea how they'll do in the playoffs. That's a big question mark. This is just how I think the regular season will go.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6377

PostSubject: Re: Hockey fans...your 2009-10 NHL predictions   Hockey fans...your 2009-10 NHL predictions Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2009 9:10 pm

I'm not sure the Hawks improved during the summer. Hossa for Havlat is a wash. Defense is a year older which is a plus. Huet instead of Khabibulin is a minus. I'm thinking second round of the playoffs, or conference finals at best.

I think the Bruins should have a real good shot at the cup this year. Boston - Calgary final?

7thSaviour wrote:
I would love that.

Too bad I'll be 121 years old.
Back to top Go down
7thSaviour
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
7thSaviour

Number of posts : 2206

PostSubject: Re: Hockey fans...your 2009-10 NHL predictions   Hockey fans...your 2009-10 NHL predictions Icon_minitimeFri Sep 11, 2009 8:26 am

Lari wrote:
I'm not sure the Hawks improved during the summer. Hossa for Havlat is a wash. Defense is a year older which is a plus. Huet instead of Khabibulin is a minus. I'm thinking second round of the playoffs, or conference finals at best.

I think the Bruins should have a real good shot at the cup this year. Boston - Calgary final?

7thSaviour wrote:
I would love that.

Too bad I'll be 121 years old.
Hockey fans...your 2009-10 NHL predictions Lol I predict this is the year we(Blackhawks) finally best the Red Wings in the playoffs!
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: Hockey fans...your 2009-10 NHL predictions   Hockey fans...your 2009-10 NHL predictions Icon_minitimeFri Sep 11, 2009 11:07 am

Required Fields wrote:

The Hockey News actually picked them to win the Cup.

Anyways, I have no idea how they'll do in the playoffs. That's a big question mark. This is just how I think the regular season will go.

They normally do well in the regular season but then choke in the playoffs... I will wait and see though - Emery might be a good move for them in goal.

Alex

T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

PostSubject: Re: Hockey fans...your 2009-10 NHL predictions   Hockey fans...your 2009-10 NHL predictions Icon_minitimeFri Sep 11, 2009 6:30 pm

It will never cease to amaze me how a team can burn through quality goal tenders like Philly does. Since Hextall retired it's been a revolving door. Personally, Roman Chekmonic(sp) was awesome and they dumped him the minute he showed signs of being "good" instead of "great"...which is odd because Hextall was NEVER great......EVER.
Back to top Go down
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

PostSubject: Re: Hockey fans...your 2009-10 NHL predictions   Hockey fans...your 2009-10 NHL predictions Icon_minitimeMon Sep 14, 2009 10:39 am

SHARKS JUST GOT DANNY HEATLY FROM OTTAWA!!!

Gave up Cheechoo and Milan....I think that was fine. I had a feeling this was coming for Cheech based on his last two seasons. Little surprised at Milan though, he was a good young upcoming star for the Sharks....but nothing spectacular as of yet.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: Hockey fans...your 2009-10 NHL predictions   Hockey fans...your 2009-10 NHL predictions Icon_minitimeMon Sep 14, 2009 11:27 am

T-Roy wrote:
It will never cease to amaze me how a team can burn through quality goal tenders like Philly does. Since Hextall retired it's been a revolving door. Personally, Roman Chekmonic(sp) was awesome and they dumped him the minute he showed signs of being "good" instead of "great"...which is odd because Hextall was NEVER great......EVER.

Dont beat on hexy!! I will agree though that the flyers go through goalies like there is no tomorrow!! Hopefully Emery will stay around...

Alex

Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3906

PostSubject: Re: Hockey fans...your 2009-10 NHL predictions   Hockey fans...your 2009-10 NHL predictions Icon_minitimeThu Sep 17, 2009 3:01 pm

This year the Sharks will finally make it to the finals of the Stanley Cup! Whether they win or not is beside the point. All I care is that they make it to the final round!
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Hockey fans...your 2009-10 NHL predictions   Hockey fans...your 2009-10 NHL predictions Icon_minitimeThu Sep 17, 2009 3:02 pm

Hockey fans...your 2009-10 NHL predictions Sarcasti NOT YOU TOO, Shan!!!!!

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Hockey fans...your 2009-10 NHL predictions   Hockey fans...your 2009-10 NHL predictions Icon_minitimeThu Sep 17, 2009 3:05 pm

I predict the Flyers will have an up-and-down season, turn it on after the Olympic break, make the playoffs, then choke miserably and be shown the exit early on in the post-season. Go Flyers!!

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Hockey fans...your 2009-10 NHL predictions   Hockey fans...your 2009-10 NHL predictions Icon_minitimeThu Sep 17, 2009 3:11 pm

exact33 wrote:
T-Roy wrote:

Dont beat on hexy!! I will agree though that the flyers go through goalies like there is no tomorrow!! Hopefully Emery will stay around...

Alex

Working with the team for the past coupla years, I've come to learn that the Flyers owner is desperate for another Stanley Cup and instead of building a young team and let them grow & mature, it's easier to just throw money around and sign any player they think will help the cause, then dump them the moment they dissappoint. So don't be purchasing any Emery jerseys till after you see him raise the cup over his head.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40562

PostSubject: Re: Hockey fans...your 2009-10 NHL predictions   Hockey fans...your 2009-10 NHL predictions Icon_minitimeThu Sep 17, 2009 4:06 pm

Won't make any predictions, just hope the Penguins can do it again !
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hockey fans...your 2009-10 NHL predictions   Hockey fans...your 2009-10 NHL predictions Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hockey fans...your 2009-10 NHL predictions
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next