Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: Third round predictions

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28442

The NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: Third round predictions Empty
PostSubject: The NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: Third round predictions   The NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: Third round predictions Icon_minitimeFri May 12, 2017 9:32 am

EASTERN CONFERENCE

Pittsburgh Penguins (2nd in Metropolitan Division) vs. Ottawa Senators (2nd in Atlantic Division)
After defeating the Columbus Blue Jackets in the opening round and the Washington Capitals (for the 10th time in franchise history!) in the second round (thus far, in the 11 times they have met in the playoffs, Washington only defeated Pittsburgh once, in the first round back in 1994), the Pittsburgh Penguins, who are the defending Stanley Cup Champions, face the Ottawa Senators, who are the sole Canadian team remaining. Ottawa won two of the three regular season meetings between the teams; Pittsburgh have won three of the four playoff series meetings the two teams have. The only series win Ottawa had over Pittsburgh to date was in 2007, which was their sole Stanley Cup Finals appearance to date (they lost to Anaheim in five games).
Prediction: Pittsburgh in six games.

WESTERN CONFERENCE

Anaheim Ducks (1st in Pacific Division) vs. Nashville Predators (2nd wild card)
After escaping Alberta, defeating Calgary in the opening round and defeating Edmonton in the second round, the Ducks face the Nashville Predators in the Western Conference. The Predators are in their first ever Western Conference Finals appearance, and are only the fourth final playoff seed to go as far as the conference finals in the modern playoff format (Edmonton did it in 2006, Montréal did it in 2010, and Los Angeles did it in 2012; Los Angeles ended up winning their first ever Stanley Cup that year). The Predators' run is already historic, as they became the first ever bottom seed in the modern playoff format to sweep the top seeded conference team in the opening round after shockingly sweeping the Chicago Blackhawks four games to nothing in the opening round. They defeated the St. Louis Blues in six games in the second round. The Predators and Ducks have met in the playoffs twice; the Predators won both times, including last season.
Prediction: Nashville in seven games.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39590

PostSubject: Re: The NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: Third round predictions   The NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: Third round predictions Icon_minitimeFri May 12, 2017 10:05 am

I like the Penguins but I think it's going to be a tough series. 6 or 7 games.

From what I've seen of the Predators, they're tough to beat. I'll go with them in 5 games.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6336

PostSubject: Re: The NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: Third round predictions   The NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: Third round predictions Icon_minitimeFri May 12, 2017 10:36 am

I don't think I can go against the Pens. Ottawa is underwhelming. Let's say 4-1 Pittsburgh.

The Predators vs Ducks is an interesting battle between big top line centermen, and the JoFA-line vs Rakell-Getzlaf-Perry.

I think in the end the Preds have better D and goaltending. 4-1 Predators.
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

PostSubject: Re: The NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: Third round predictions   The NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: Third round predictions Icon_minitimeWed May 24, 2017 10:05 am

Nashville clinched their first ever Stanley Cup Finals appearance on Monday night. Who would have seen that coming at the start of the Stanley Cup Playoffs?

Ottawa forced a seventh game in their series against the Penguins last night.
Back to top Go down
martinsane
Metal master
Metal master
martinsane

Number of posts : 924

PostSubject: Re: The NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: Third round predictions   The NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: Third round predictions Icon_minitimeWed May 24, 2017 11:29 pm

Required Fields wrote:
Nashville clinched their first ever Stanley Cup Finals appearance on Monday night. Who would have seen that coming at the start of the Stanley Cup Playoffs?

Ottawa forced a seventh game in their series against the Penguins last night.

No one would have seen that coming and for the Pens and the hammering they gave Ottawa at home, 7 nil, it was expected they would lose game 6.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6336

PostSubject: Re: The NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: Third round predictions   The NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: Third round predictions Icon_minitimeThu May 25, 2017 1:39 am

I don't know, I had the Preds going pretty far. At least winning the Central bracket.
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

PostSubject: Re: The NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: Third round predictions   The NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: Third round predictions Icon_minitimeFri May 26, 2017 9:59 am

The Penguins won last night 3-2 in double OT.

For the second year in a row, Pittsburgh makes the Stanley Cup Finals, and faces a team who has never made the Stanley Cup Finals.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39590

PostSubject: Re: The NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: Third round predictions   The NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: Third round predictions Icon_minitimeFri May 26, 2017 10:07 am

That was a great, intense game. Kudos to Chris Kunitz in being just the fourth person in NHL history to score 2 game 7 goals.
Back to top Go down
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

Number of posts : 7831

PostSubject: Re: The NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: Third round predictions   The NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: Third round predictions Icon_minitimeFri May 26, 2017 9:04 pm

Go Pens!!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: Third round predictions   The NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: Third round predictions Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: Third round predictions
Page 1 of 1