Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

$ales predictions? Metallica vs. AC/DC

Go down 
+24
XYZ
tohostudios
Required Fields
arttieTHE1manparty
Metal Misfit
Wargod
sam
7thSecond
MetalRob331
Temple of Blood
thejokeriv
manny
the sentinel
TheGooch
Fat Freddy
ghost
Thrasher73
MetalGuy71
ultmetal
skullsmasher
mc666
Lurideath
GrandNational
Troublezone
28 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage

$ales predictions? Metallica vs. AC/DC - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: $ales predictions? Metallica vs. AC/DC   $ales predictions? Metallica vs. AC/DC - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 10, 2008 12:45 pm

TheGooch wrote:
i think ac/dc will have a lot of hardcore fans from back in the day that will buy the record whereas a lot of old metallica fans deserted the band

thats a theory not a statement of fact

I think it's going to be fact. AC/DC is AC/DC tried and true. People have doubts about Metallica these days.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: $ales predictions? Metallica vs. AC/DC   $ales predictions? Metallica vs. AC/DC - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 10, 2008 1:08 pm

Metallica - I bet they sell 300,000 + the first week. AC/DC will probably sell 100,000 + the first week
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: $ales predictions? Metallica vs. AC/DC   $ales predictions? Metallica vs. AC/DC - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 10, 2008 1:11 pm

METALLICA will sell a lot more than ACDC in my estimation.
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

PostSubject: Re: $ales predictions? Metallica vs. AC/DC   $ales predictions? Metallica vs. AC/DC - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 10, 2008 1:40 pm

IMO Metallica blows away AC/Dc in sales. Metallica is probably the biggest name in Rock and the Metal world and there fans seem to be younger as for ac/dc they seem to generate the older crowd. My theory is when i was younger thats when i bought most of my cds as for when i got older say my age now i tend to buy just the ones i like.

Metallica will be #1 in sales altogether.
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

Number of posts : 4429

PostSubject: Re: $ales predictions? Metallica vs. AC/DC   $ales predictions? Metallica vs. AC/DC - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 10, 2008 2:38 pm

apparenltly two eminent cd chains in the uk have relased the album two days early as a friend told me he found it by chance when he was on holiday
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: $ales predictions? Metallica vs. AC/DC   $ales predictions? Metallica vs. AC/DC - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 10, 2008 2:48 pm

Metallica will be the bigger seller. Metallica's fan base is larger. Fans both young and old will pick it up, while I'm not sure how much of an impact AC/DC wil have on the younger generation as a whole.

As for me, I'm not sure if I'm buying either with the exception of finding them used or if I get them as free promos from work. I'm still bitter about the whole St. Anger debacle and the only Brian Johnson-era cd's I have are BinB and For Those About To Rock. I prefer Bon Scott.
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

PostSubject: Re: $ales predictions? Metallica vs. AC/DC   $ales predictions? Metallica vs. AC/DC - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 10, 2008 2:55 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Metallica will be the bigger seller. Metallica's fan base is larger. Fans both young and old will pick it up, while I'm not sure how much of an impact AC/DC wil have on the younger generation as a whole.

As for me, I'm not sure if I'm buying either with the exception of finding them used or if I get them as free promos from work. I'm still bitter about the whole St. Anger debacle and the only Brian Johnson-era cd's I have are BinB and For Those About To Rock. I prefer Bon Scott.

have you not heard the new metallica stuff its amazing

its going to sell huge
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: $ales predictions? Metallica vs. AC/DC   $ales predictions? Metallica vs. AC/DC - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 10, 2008 3:01 pm

TheGooch wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

have you not heard the new metallica stuff its amazing

its going to sell huge

I heard the 1st single and that Apocolypse song and while it's definately a step in the right direction, I wasn't overly impressed. Believe me, if you saw my current "want-list" you'd see that there are about 500 other cd's I'd rather spend my money on at the moment. I imagine I'll own it at some point, but my rabid Metallica fan-boy days are over.
Back to top Go down
7thSecond
Metal master
Metal master
7thSecond

Number of posts : 668

PostSubject: Re: $ales predictions? Metallica vs. AC/DC   $ales predictions? Metallica vs. AC/DC - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 10, 2008 3:30 pm

Metallica for sure, though more people will also be disppointed with it.
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

PostSubject: Re: $ales predictions? Metallica vs. AC/DC   $ales predictions? Metallica vs. AC/DC - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 10, 2008 6:55 pm

7thSecond wrote:
Metallica for sure, though more people will also be disppointed with it.

as much as i hate to say it you are probably right.
Back to top Go down
sam
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
sam

Number of posts : 3012

PostSubject: Re: $ales predictions? Metallica vs. AC/DC   $ales predictions? Metallica vs. AC/DC - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 10, 2008 7:01 pm

metallic, and as long as I can get my cds off the internet I will be content. it's cheaper for me to have 'em shipped express then to drive to the nearest store.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/samthebrutal
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: $ales predictions? Metallica vs. AC/DC   $ales predictions? Metallica vs. AC/DC - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 10, 2008 7:55 pm

Is it just me or is Dave Mustaine rushing a follow up to UA just to compete in sales with the new Metallica? He will never get over his crusade to get revenge. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

PostSubject: Re: $ales predictions? Metallica vs. AC/DC   $ales predictions? Metallica vs. AC/DC - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 10, 2008 8:28 pm

No ? AC/DC Walmart right now is pushing their later cds right now at $7 a pop. And in Australia AC/DC sales are seeing a huge surge. I see AC/DC with the next year or 2 being most successful band in terms of overall albums that will # almost 160 million.
They will over take Elvis!

Wargod48
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: $ales predictions? Metallica vs. AC/DC   $ales predictions? Metallica vs. AC/DC - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 10, 2008 8:29 pm

Tough. Both albums have good buzz. AC/DC has one big postive -- Wal-Mart, while Metallica has one big negative -- the shadow of St. Anger. I think sales will be pretty close with both ultimately doing around 3 million. If I *had* to pick... I'll say Black Ice will have the slight edge in sales (but I think Metallica will debut with bigger numbers).

ultmetal wrote:

I think AC/DC are hindering their sales by making their CDs available at Wal-Marts stores only in the U.S.

I don't. I think they'll make better sales with them than they would with a mass release. Eagles had one of the top selling albums last year coming in at 5 million sold and debuted at #1 on Billboard. Those sales came from Wal-Mart. Journey, who haven't amounted to squat since Perry left, have done great numbers with their Wal-Mart exclusive as well.

Stiff Upper Lip went only went platinum, but with Wal-Mart behind them, I think this will easily do at least 3 million, though I think it will be a slow build and not record numbers right out of the gate.

Never underestimate the power of Wal-Mart. If they're getting exclusive rights, they're going to hype the heck out of it and push it for a long time.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: $ales predictions? Metallica vs. AC/DC   $ales predictions? Metallica vs. AC/DC - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 10, 2008 8:30 pm

Quote :
They will over take Elvis!

As it should be.
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

PostSubject: Re: $ales predictions? Metallica vs. AC/DC   $ales predictions? Metallica vs. AC/DC - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 10, 2008 8:32 pm

troublezone wrote:
Is it just me or is Dave Mustaine rushing a follow up to UA just to compete in sales with the new Metallica? He will never get over his crusade to get revenge. Laughing

Eh, I don't really think he's worried about'em anymore. He's soldiered and prove (and IMproved) his metal cred, whereas Metallica didn't/couldn't.

The news about him already gearing up to record again is just great news. Some of these veteran acts are feeling young again and banging them out in quick succession. The more new stuff I can get from my favorite bands the better.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: $ales predictions? Metallica vs. AC/DC   $ales predictions? Metallica vs. AC/DC - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 10, 2008 8:34 pm

Quote :
I think it will be a slow build and not record numbers right out of the gate

That's pretty much what i said in one of my first posts. It will be a simmer to boil with them and they will come out on top in the end.
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

PostSubject: Re: $ales predictions? Metallica vs. AC/DC   $ales predictions? Metallica vs. AC/DC - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 10, 2008 8:37 pm

troublezone wrote:
Quote :

That's pretty much what i said in one of my first posts. It will be a simmer to boil with them and they will come out on top in the end.

I know you did. I'm saying it too.

Razz
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: $ales predictions? Metallica vs. AC/DC   $ales predictions? Metallica vs. AC/DC - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 10, 2008 8:47 pm

Metal Misfit wrote:
troublezone wrote:
Quote :

I know you did. I'm saying it too.

Razz

I guess we think alike on this subject. Cool
Back to top Go down
sam
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
sam

PostSubject: Re: $ales predictions? Metallica vs. AC/DC   $ales predictions? Metallica vs. AC/DC - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 11, 2008 9:07 am

troublezone wrote:

as long as he puts out kick ass discs he can be a big a dick about them as he wants, this way we get new music sooner.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: $ales predictions? Metallica vs. AC/DC   $ales predictions? Metallica vs. AC/DC - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 11, 2008 9:08 am

A indication of sorts...

According to Hits Daily Double (the companion web site of music industry tip sheet HITS), Australian hard-rock legends AC/DC have sold 7 million physical albums in the U.S. between 2004 and 2007, more than the combined physical and digital totals of PINK FLOYD (6 million), THE EAGLES (5.1 million), THE ROLLING STONES (4.9 million) or LED ZEPPELIN (4.7 million). By comparison, THE BEATLES have sold 8 million CDs during the same period. Like THE BEATLES, AC/DC has yet to make its catalog available online, leading to the unanswerable question of how much, if it all, the iTunes boycott has benefited the band’s overall sales.
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

PostSubject: Re: $ales predictions? Metallica vs. AC/DC   $ales predictions? Metallica vs. AC/DC - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 11, 2008 9:39 am

that quite an interesting passage
Back to top Go down
arttieTHE1manparty
Administrator
arttieTHE1manparty

Number of posts : 863

PostSubject: Re: $ales predictions? Metallica vs. AC/DC   $ales predictions? Metallica vs. AC/DC - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 11, 2008 10:41 am

Metallica will likely at least double AC/DC...

Arttie
Back to top Go down
http://christianmetalrealm.niceboard.com
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

PostSubject: Re: $ales predictions? Metallica vs. AC/DC   $ales predictions? Metallica vs. AC/DC - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 12, 2008 1:36 am

mc666 wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:
ultmetal wrote:
Don't know, but I'll do my part to help them both by purchasing them both. Very Happy

I think AC/DC are hindering their sales by making their CDs available at Wal-Marts stores only in the U.S.

I think the Walmart connection is gonna help 'em. In the mid-west and middle America, where else is there to go but Walmart to get anything these days? If it were sold in an FYE or other music store (of the few that remain), you'll probably make a special trip or go outta your way to get there and pay $19. On the other hand, if you're making a weekly trek to Walmart or Sam's Club to do your regular shopping, you'll be more inclined to throw a $9 cd in your cart, next to the Little Debbie Snack Cakes, 3 liter bottle of pineapple soda and your Nascar throwrug.
why couldn't it be sold at Walmart and everywhere else?

I agree.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
sam
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
sam

PostSubject: Re: $ales predictions? Metallica vs. AC/DC   $ales predictions? Metallica vs. AC/DC - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 12, 2008 10:55 am

Required Fields wrote:
mc666 wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:
ultmetal wrote:
Don't know, but I'll do my part to help them both by purchasing them both. Very Happy

I think the Walmart connection is gonna help 'em. In the mid-west and middle America, where else is there to go but Walmart to get anything these days? If it were sold in an FYE or other music store (of the few that remain), you'll probably make a special trip or go outta your way to get there and pay $19. On the other hand, if you're making a weekly trek to Walmart or Sam's Club to do your regular shopping, you'll be more inclined to throw a $9 cd in your cart, next to the Little Debbie Snack Cakes, 3 liter bottle of pineapple soda and your Nascar throwrug.
why couldn't it be sold at Walmart and everywhere else?

I agree.

why couldn't snake cakes, pineapple soda, and nascar throws be sold everywhere else?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: $ales predictions? Metallica vs. AC/DC   $ales predictions? Metallica vs. AC/DC - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

$ales predictions? Metallica vs. AC/DC
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next