Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What did you do today?

Go down 
+33
Addy
manny
KissinMaiden
Tall Tyrion
Orion Crystal Ice
MoonChild
QuothTheRaven
EvyMetal
DeathCult
Thrasher73
Pontus
stevegarveyfan
Schbopo
TheGooch
sam
SAHB Healer
tohostudios
scottmitchell74
thejokeriv
nevermore
exact33
DallasBlack
Hamer12
Required Fields
Leatherface
Stender
the sentinel
Metal Misfit
Fat Freddy
Mortuary
Shiney
mc666
ThrashedOutCobra33
37 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9 ... 15  Next
AuthorMessage
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

What did you do today? - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What did you do today?   What did you do today? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 08, 2008 2:53 pm

tohostudios wrote:
Ah, I couldn't read the "Freddy" part. That's cool!

Fixed that for ya Very Happy

Thanks, I like it alot myself. Wasn't expecting him to draw the picture, he also remarked on what I had him sign (The insert to the Nightmare 4 soundtrack disc) didnt sound like anyone had brought him that before.
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: What did you do today?   What did you do today? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 08, 2008 2:54 pm

tohostudios wrote:
Actually my brother got it off ebay and gave it to me as a birthday present one year. It's cool; he's standing there holding the Godzilla head and my brother mounted the pic in a monster footprint frame he made.

Thats pretty cool! I myself have only ever seen 1 Godzilla movie though.
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: What did you do today?   What did you do today? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 08, 2008 2:55 pm

DeathCult wrote:
tohostudios wrote:
Actually my brother got it off ebay and gave it to me as a birthday present one year. It's cool; he's standing there holding the Godzilla head and my brother mounted the pic in a monster footprint frame he made.

Thats pretty cool! I myself have only ever seen 1 Godzilla movie though.

fainting

PostSubject: Re: What did you do today?   What did you do today? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 08, 2008 2:57 pm

If you think that's something, I have seen zero. Not even that one that came out with Inspector Gadget in it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What did you do today?   What did you do today? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 08, 2008 3:02 pm

I have accomplished absolutely nothing so far today (day off), I intend to continue accomplishing absolutely nothing for the rest of the day.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: What did you do today?   What did you do today? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 08, 2008 3:02 pm

Good plan.

Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Mortuary

Number of posts : 498

PostSubject: Re: What did you do today?   What did you do today? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 08, 2008 3:03 pm

That's what I'm doing.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: What did you do today?   What did you do today? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 08, 2008 3:05 pm

Yeah, but you got up early to do it. That detracts from the value of doing nothing. You're supposed to be lazy when you do nothing all day not get an early start at it.

Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Mortuary

PostSubject: Re: What did you do today?   What did you do today? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 08, 2008 3:09 pm

True, true.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: What did you do today?   What did you do today? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 08, 2008 3:25 pm

Did laundry. Spun a couple cds. Went to my friend's record store and heard Death Magnetic. Grabbed a bite to eat. Dropped in here.
Back to top Go down
EvyMetal
Baron Von 40oz.
EvyMetal

Number of posts : 4386

PostSubject: Re: What did you do today?   What did you do today? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 08, 2008 5:18 pm

Went to class at 8:00. took a quiz (Stats). Went to Oceanography lecture. Rode my bike home (about 5 miles). Took a swim in the pool. PROCRASTINATION. Essay. At 5 I go to work.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: What did you do today?   What did you do today? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 08, 2008 7:42 pm

After my first week of working two jobs back to back I mowed my lawn, ate the weeds, and edged. After some sleep I am now enjoying my two days off. Until my body gets used this I will be tired and sore and being as lazy as possible on my off days. I have moved my computer into the living room so I can surf the net, post here, and watch TV at the same time. I'm about to go get some food before wrestling starts and later on I will have an espresso martini w/ whipped cream topping for dessert. headbanger
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
QuothTheRaven
Metal master
Metal master
QuothTheRaven

Number of posts : 874

PostSubject: Re: What did you do today?   What did you do today? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 08, 2008 9:37 pm

Went to my teaching job, taught kids to sing correctly with beautiful sound and technique, then listened to Opeth "Ghost Reveries" on the way home! 🤘
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: What did you do today?   What did you do today? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 08, 2008 9:42 pm

QuothTheRaven wrote:
Went to my teaching job, taught kids to sing correctly with beautiful sound and technique, then listened to Opeth "Ghost Reveries" on the way home! 🤘

Seriously, no joke, isn't your job a major contradiction with your music.

I mean, it's cool that you're teaching kids to sing but then you listen to Opeth afterwards?

I can definitely appreciate the musical talent in Opeth but to my mind, vocals are the real weak point.

Please tell me you're not teaching kids to "growl"...

Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: What did you do today?   What did you do today? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 08, 2008 9:51 pm

tohostudios wrote:
QuothTheRaven wrote:

I mean, it's cool that you're teaching kids to sing but then you listen to Opeth afterwards?

I can definitely appreciate the musical talent in Opeth but to my mind, vocals are the real weak point.

Don't knock Opeth's vocalist. Yeah, he does growl but he has one hell of a singing voice. Check out Damnation (no death metal-mostly acoustic) and you'll see what I mean. I might even send you a copy of it if you'd like, just PM me.
Back to top Go down
Schbopo
Ate his vegetables
Schbopo

Number of posts : 4958

PostSubject: Re: What did you do today?   What did you do today? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 08, 2008 9:52 pm

Aw, dude, you're teaching kids to growl? When's your class?
Back to top Go down
QuothTheRaven
Metal master
Metal master
QuothTheRaven

Number of posts : 874

PostSubject: Re: What did you do today?   What did you do today? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 08, 2008 10:02 pm

tohostudios wrote:
QuothTheRaven wrote:

lol!

The only death-metal high school choir in the state!

I have worried about a certain level of hypocrisy with teaching choir vs. listening to metal, but I also know that many, many metal vocalists study voice and learn how to scream and growl correctly. They have to or they would not make it through their tours. I always tell my students that, especially those that are interested in pursuing popular (in the largest sense possible) music as a career. I am drawn to the musicianship in heavy metal and Opeth is actually an anomaly in my collection, most of the metal I listen to has melodic vocals.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: What did you do today?   What did you do today? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 09, 2008 9:23 pm

Cleaned house,grocery shopped, cranked some tunes, and watched some tv.
Back to top Go down
MoonChild
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 15680

PostSubject: Re: What did you do today?   What did you do today? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 09, 2008 9:36 pm

Woke up an hour ago, brushed my teeth, had a green tea, got online, posted on a few forums, send a few eMails, now off to shower and getting ready for work
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: What did you do today?   What did you do today? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 09, 2008 9:43 pm

After sleeping too much I got up watched my Are You Being Served DVDs, ate some left over pizza, then I went to Blockbuster to rent some DVDs. Later I went to see a doctor about my wrist. I then went to Best Buy and got some CDs. Got home, made some spegetti (sic) and now I am watching my rented DVDs.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: What did you do today?   What did you do today? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 09, 2008 9:51 pm

DallasBlack wrote:
tohostudios wrote:
QuothTheRaven wrote:

Don't knock Opeth's vocalist. Yeah, he does growl but he has one hell of a singing voice. Check out Damnation (no death metal-mostly acoustic) and you'll see what I mean. I might even send you a copy of it if you'd like, just PM me.

That was a bad joke Dallas.

I just found it ironic that a vocal coach likes Opeth (with their ton of non-melodic, growlilng vocals)

But if you still want to send me a copy of an Opeth album you think I'd like, I'm game.

PM me and I'll send you my address.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: What did you do today?   What did you do today? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 09, 2008 9:55 pm

What did I do today?
In between dropping my son off at the school bus, picking him up at the school bus, and during the baby's naps, I set up a Facebook page for myself. Gosh, I'm so darn hip and cool now. Laughing

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Mortuary
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Mortuary

PostSubject: Re: What did you do today?   What did you do today? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 10, 2008 6:41 pm

Hm, just reading the paper. Anyone read about the funeral home owner who killed his wife and then himself? It was quite interesting.
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

Number of posts : 4429

PostSubject: Re: What did you do today?   What did you do today? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 10, 2008 6:54 pm

today i have successfuly resuurected my band from the ashes of defeat to new heights of activity and creativity which i am pleased about so far
Back to top Go down
Mortuary
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Mortuary

PostSubject: Re: What did you do today?   What did you do today? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 14, 2008 2:23 pm

I woke up to the Anti-Christ on the History International Channel.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What did you do today?   What did you do today? - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What did you do today?
Page 4 of 15Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9 ... 15  Next