Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Anyone planning on picking up the new Dragonforce album?

Go down 
+26
MetalRob331
sam
skullsmasher
MetalH
DeathCult
nevermore
ThrashedOutCobra33
Daybreaker
TheGooch
Fat Freddy
Thrasher73
Rex
Mordor
INVADERS
UltraMagnus007
Smindas
exact33
DallasBlack
the sentinel
James B.
A Handful of Wayne
scottmitchell74
Orion Crystal Ice
tohostudios
Stender
30 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

Anyone planning on picking up the new Dragonforce album? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anyone planning on picking up the new Dragonforce album?   Anyone planning on picking up the new Dragonforce album? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2008 4:27 pm

MetalRob331 wrote:
DallasBlack wrote:
MetalRob331 wrote:
AND ADD SOME MELODY AND THEY WOULD BE GREAT

Have no clue what your talking about. To my ears Dragonforce exhume melody throughout their music. However, your right that they should slow down, if they did, I'm sure you and others would be able to hear the melody better.

When a band plays the same speed every song all the melodies sound a like. They have one melody imo and base every song off of that one. When i hear a dragonforce song i go oh i know this chorus but its the chorus from one of there other songs thats how similar there melodies are...

Again, I don't hear what you hear, but thats O.K., because no two people hear the same thing when they listen to a song-it's weird that way.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
UltraMagnus007
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
UltraMagnus007

Number of posts : 282

PostSubject: Re: Anyone planning on picking up the new Dragonforce album?   Anyone planning on picking up the new Dragonforce album? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2008 6:24 pm

DallasBlack wrote:
MetalRob331 wrote:
DallasBlack wrote:
MetalRob331 wrote:
AND ADD SOME MELODY AND THEY WOULD BE GREAT

Have no clue what your talking about. To my ears Dragonforce exhume melody throughout their music. However, your right that they should slow down, if they did, I'm sure you and others would be able to hear the melody better.

When a band plays the same speed every song all the melodies sound a like. They have one melody imo and base every song off of that one. When i hear a dragonforce song i go oh i know this chorus but its the chorus from one of there other songs thats how similar there melodies are...

Again, I don't hear what you hear, but thats O.K., because no two people hear the same thing when they listen to a song-it's weird that way.

I agree with you DallasBlack, I hear loads of melody and, shock horror, loads of variety within this band. Seriously IMO I just cannot understand when people say this band has 3 songs and repeats them over and over. There are plenty of highly respected death metal bands that could be accussed of this, hell every cannibal corpse album sounds the same as the last one, I stopped buying them after the 4th album because of this. My point is their are loads of bands that could be accused of repeating songs/albums over so why does this argument seem to get thrown at Dragonforce more than anyone else.
Back to top Go down
UltraMagnus007
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
UltraMagnus007

PostSubject: Re: Anyone planning on picking up the new Dragonforce album?   Anyone planning on picking up the new Dragonforce album? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2008 6:26 pm

Slayer, another example of a band who seem to repeat the same formula over and over yet seem to be loved for it.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Anyone planning on picking up the new Dragonforce album?   Anyone planning on picking up the new Dragonforce album? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2008 6:30 pm

Since I hate death metal, I can't comment on the sameness (all growling sounds the same to me).

I don't hate Dragonforce but for all the hype and accolades they receive, I just think they need more than three songs.

Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

PostSubject: Re: Anyone planning on picking up the new Dragonforce album?   Anyone planning on picking up the new Dragonforce album? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2008 7:03 pm

Quote :
I agree with you DallasBlack, I hear loads of
melody and, shock horror, loads of variety within this band. Seriously
IMO I just cannot understand when people say this band has 3 songs and
repeats them over and over. There are plenty of highly respected death
metal bands that could be accussed of this, hell every cannibal corpse
album sounds the same as the last one, I stopped buying them after the
4th album because of this. My point is their are loads of bands that
could be accused of repeating songs/albums over so why does this
argument seem to get thrown at Dragonforce more than anyone else.

They are after all just opinions...but I agree with you in general. I hear loads and loads of melody with these guys and to my ears all the songs sound different. Hooray! lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anyone planning on picking up the new Dragonforce album?   Anyone planning on picking up the new Dragonforce album? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2008 7:27 pm

So much talent in such a crappy band.
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

PostSubject: Re: Anyone planning on picking up the new Dragonforce album?   Anyone planning on picking up the new Dragonforce album? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2008 8:05 pm

Schbopo wrote:
So much talent in such a crappy band.

they do have talent, but watch them live and all that studio talent is wasted sign
Back to top Go down
sam
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
sam

Number of posts : 3012

PostSubject: Re: Anyone planning on picking up the new Dragonforce album?   Anyone planning on picking up the new Dragonforce album? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2008 10:59 pm

dragonforce live= sick
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/samthebrutal

PostSubject: Re: Anyone planning on picking up the new Dragonforce album?   Anyone planning on picking up the new Dragonforce album? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 19, 2008 9:29 am

If I pick it up it will be only to throw it against a wall and smash it.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: Anyone planning on picking up the new Dragonforce album?   Anyone planning on picking up the new Dragonforce album? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 19, 2008 12:28 pm

PeyoteWereWolf wrote:

Well, are you going to picki it up or not? Question
Back to top Go down
sam
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
sam

Number of posts : 3012

PostSubject: Re: Anyone planning on picking up the new Dragonforce album?   Anyone planning on picking up the new Dragonforce album? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 19, 2008 4:57 pm

the only reason using the same formula over and over again doesn't work for dragonforce is they use in such a merry way.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/samthebrutal

PostSubject: Re: Anyone planning on picking up the new Dragonforce album?   Anyone planning on picking up the new Dragonforce album? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 19, 2008 8:54 pm

DallasBlack wrote:
PeyoteWereWolf wrote:

Well, are you going to picki it up or not? Question

If someone leaves it laying around my house then I will pick it up and throw it against a wall and smash it.

I definitely won't be buying it though.
Back to top Go down
UltraMagnus007
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
UltraMagnus007

PostSubject: Re: Anyone planning on picking up the new Dragonforce album?   Anyone planning on picking up the new Dragonforce album? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 20, 2008 4:05 pm

sam wrote:
the only reason using the same formula over and over again doesn't work for dragonforce is they use in such a merry way.

????? scratch
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

Number of posts : 4429

PostSubject: Re: Anyone planning on picking up the new Dragonforce album?   Anyone planning on picking up the new Dragonforce album? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 23, 2008 6:02 pm

UltraMagnus007 wrote:
sam wrote:

????? scratch

scratch whats that supposed to mean.

quite a lot of hate for drangonfoce on here. people seem to buy their records a lot though
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anyone planning on picking up the new Dragonforce album?   Anyone planning on picking up the new Dragonforce album? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 23, 2008 8:45 pm

Dforce is a band I have slowly come to enjoy. Not my favorite but sometimes they're fun to listen to.
Back to top Go down
UltraMagnus007
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
UltraMagnus007

PostSubject: Re: Anyone planning on picking up the new Dragonforce album?   Anyone planning on picking up the new Dragonforce album? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 25, 2008 7:13 am

TheGooch wrote:
UltraMagnus007 wrote:
sam wrote:

????? scratch

scratch whats that supposed to mean.

quite a lot of hate for drangonfoce on here. people seem to buy their records a lot though

The smiley was to indicate my confusion. I don't understand what the comment means "....in a merry way" WTF. So if a band uses the same formula over and over in an evil way is this OK?
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: Anyone planning on picking up the new Dragonforce album?   Anyone planning on picking up the new Dragonforce album? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 25, 2008 11:14 pm

Got it today and its awesome! Theres a couple of new things on it but obviously its still sounds like their other albums. Its great though and I actually think its better than the last one.
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

PostSubject: Re: Anyone planning on picking up the new Dragonforce album?   Anyone planning on picking up the new Dragonforce album? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 25, 2008 11:23 pm

Circuit City has it for $9.99!!! It will be mine!!
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: Anyone planning on picking up the new Dragonforce album?   Anyone planning on picking up the new Dragonforce album? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 25, 2008 11:23 pm

Out tomorrow so I will pick it up along with the new Showdown. headbanger
Back to top Go down
Daybreaker
Metal novice
Metal novice

Number of posts : 31

PostSubject: Re: Anyone planning on picking up the new Dragonforce album?   Anyone planning on picking up the new Dragonforce album? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 25, 2008 11:35 pm

I bought this today. I also bought two other cds and three more came in the mail. Out of todays haul which is

Riot - Thundersteel (new for eight bucks!)
Danger DAnger - self titled (yea I know I'm a wuss)
Magnum - Kingdom Of Madness
Magnum - Goodnight LA
Cacumen - Down To Hell
Dragonforce - Ultra Beatdown.

Out of all six cds, I'm the least excited about the Dragonforce and it's the only " new" one. The next youngest album is from 90. I've found this more and more, I do get excited about new cds I buy, just not as much 2007-2008 new cds.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anyone planning on picking up the new Dragonforce album?   Anyone planning on picking up the new Dragonforce album? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 25, 2008 11:39 pm

Quote :
Magnum - Kingdom Of Madness
Magnum - Goodnight LA

Nice.
Back to top Go down
Daybreaker
Metal novice
Metal novice

Number of posts : 31

PostSubject: Re: Anyone planning on picking up the new Dragonforce album?   Anyone planning on picking up the new Dragonforce album? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 26, 2008 10:48 pm

Dude, I've got a hard on for Magnum the size of NYC. It started with Catleys involvement in Avantasia. Then I read some reviews by someone I trust and watched the vid for Just Like An Arrow. I then drove thirty minutes across town to get a used Wings Of Heaven cd at a Cd Exchange. Man, I fell HARD for this band.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anyone planning on picking up the new Dragonforce album?   Anyone planning on picking up the new Dragonforce album? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 26, 2008 11:02 pm

Not A Chance, I tried to see if they had anything better the Though the fire... but its just all studio editied over the top symphonic power metal crap cant get into and the whole guitar hero thing ruined there last bit of integerity as a band
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anyone planning on picking up the new Dragonforce album?   Anyone planning on picking up the new Dragonforce album? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2008 1:02 pm

On the new Dforce they actually are not all hyper-speed, actually throw in some slowed down melodies and some different breaks throughout. Even wander into sounding like Journey on one song which is odd but they did throw enough difference in to tell me they were thinking on some of the songwriting.

Quote :
Dude, I've got a hard on for Magnum the size of NYC. It started with Catleys involvement in Avantasia. Then I read some reviews by someone I trust and watched the vid for Just Like An Arrow. I then drove thirty minutes across town to get a used Wings Of Heaven cd at a Cd Exchange. Man, I fell HARD for this band.
Check out their live stuff, great perfomers. Too bad they aren't more well known anymore.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anyone planning on picking up the new Dragonforce album?   Anyone planning on picking up the new Dragonforce album? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 29, 2008 8:12 pm

They can't even play their songs live!... lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anyone planning on picking up the new Dragonforce album?   Anyone planning on picking up the new Dragonforce album? - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Anyone planning on picking up the new Dragonforce album?
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next