Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Dragonforce

Go down 
+8
thejokeriv
the sentinel
metalhead777
ZombieHavoc
Gilbert
MetallicSeminarian
A Handful of Wayne
12 posters
AuthorMessage
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

Dragonforce Empty
PostSubject: Dragonforce   Dragonforce Icon_minitimeThu Aug 21, 2014 7:31 pm

Has anyone picked up the new album? Not even sure anyone likes them on here anymore lol! I picked it up. I was a little hesitant on getting it because I wasn't crazy about the last album all that much and I thought I was getting tired with them but I said what the hell and got the album anyway. I honestly think its the BEST Dragonforce album. They kind of changed their formula a little. They are still playing crazy fast songs, but they mix it up a little adding some slower stuff (no ballads) and also shortened the songs a little. I even notice a difference in the lyrics and they aren't so chessy, even tho that wasn't something that bothered me with them, I love the music. If anyone has kind of given up on them I'd at least take a listen to this album and see how you feel. Don't expect a drastic change its still Dragonforce but I do feel they have really made a great album. They even did a cover of Johnny Cashs' Ring Of Fire.

Dragonforce 2Q==

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
MetallicSeminarian

Number of posts : 1698

Dragonforce Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dragonforce   Dragonforce Icon_minitimeThu Aug 21, 2014 10:12 pm

I've always liked these guys. I need this.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9888

Dragonforce Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dragonforce   Dragonforce Icon_minitimeFri Aug 22, 2014 3:55 am

their music is too fast to keep up with. will have to listen to this new album before deciding.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39590

Dragonforce Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dragonforce   Dragonforce Icon_minitimeFri Aug 22, 2014 7:59 am

I saw this when I went to pick up Aceept's Blind Rage. I didn't even know they had a new one out. I only have a couple releases of their's but I never minded them. I'd get this one eventually. And a Johnny Cash cover ? Interesting.
Back to top Go down
ZombieHavoc
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

Number of posts : 2348

Dragonforce Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dragonforce   Dragonforce Icon_minitimeFri Aug 22, 2014 8:59 am

I listened to some of it on Spotify. It was okay, but even when I was heavily into powery metal, they play it just a bit too fast for me to really get into.
Back to top Go down
metalhead777
Metal master
Metal master
metalhead777

Number of posts : 842

Dragonforce Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dragonforce   Dragonforce Icon_minitimeSat Aug 23, 2014 12:59 am

Didn't like their newer vocalist, still don't.
Might try it though and hope it doesn't ruin my experience.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

Dragonforce Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dragonforce   Dragonforce Icon_minitimeSat Aug 23, 2014 9:42 am

I will probably grab this today, but I prefer the original vocalist more though.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

Dragonforce Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dragonforce   Dragonforce Icon_minitimeSat Aug 23, 2014 9:48 am

I have a couple of their album, but not a huge fan.... I'll probably check it out on Spotify
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

Dragonforce Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dragonforce   Dragonforce Icon_minitimeSat Aug 23, 2014 11:44 pm

Them dropping the video game sounds and slowing some of the songs down made the last one a surprise hit with me. The one before that lost me (the midi samples and speed got way out of hand on that one-so much it was burying the infectious melody that made me a fan) after the first 3 got me hooked. If this is even better than the last one, then I can't wait til I can start buying music again (not sure when as I will soon have a car payment to work on).
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

Dragonforce Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dragonforce   Dragonforce Icon_minitimeSun Aug 24, 2014 9:16 pm

I think I like the new vocalist better. He reminds me of the guy who took over in Saga for the Human Condition album, in some ways. At some times he almost sounds exactly like him.

I don't know how you guys say its too fast. It can never be fast enough for me. Guess you guys are a bunch of old farts  lol! Razz 

The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

Dragonforce Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dragonforce   Dragonforce Icon_minitimeMon Sep 01, 2014 12:57 pm

i will get this but its not a huge priority. I figure there will be used copies soon enough Razz Razz

Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

Dragonforce Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dragonforce   Dragonforce Icon_minitimeWed Sep 10, 2014 2:48 am

Gotta agree. I think this is their best album. The slower tempos work in their favor. I also think the hooks are bigger and better.

Honestly, it reminds me of a faster version of classic Sonata Arctica. Really digging it.
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3892

Dragonforce Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dragonforce   Dragonforce Icon_minitimeWed Sep 10, 2014 1:51 pm

I have it and I quite like it.

I hated these guys until I seen them on the cruise a few years ago. They blew my mind at how tight and precise they were. Not to mention, meeting them accidentally on the elevator at the time of the cruise was way cool!!!
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

Dragonforce Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dragonforce   Dragonforce Icon_minitimeThu Aug 15, 2019 9:20 am

So Dragonforce parted ways with their bassist and now Stevie T is stepping in, and it's got people all upset because he's a YouTuber. Haha.

Dude is a badass musician, though.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Dragonforce Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dragonforce   Dragonforce Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dragonforce
Page 1 of 1