Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Thinking about picking up a Sega Genesis....

Go down 
+8
Dave the Boss
Orion Crystal Ice
Smindas
Addy
spiritoradio
Troublezone
Fat Freddy
Stender
12 posters
AuthorMessage
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

Thinking about picking up a Sega Genesis.... Empty
PostSubject: Thinking about picking up a Sega Genesis....   Thinking about picking up a Sega Genesis.... Icon_minitimeSat Jan 09, 2010 3:41 pm

I grew up with Nintendo mostly as a kid and only remember playing sega systems when I went over to friends houses ocasionally. I wanted to revisit some older systems and found a genesis for pretty cheap with the sega CD add-on. Is their any games that someone can reccomend me?

I usually like platformers, fighting/beat em ups and RPGS mostly.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37656

PostSubject: Re: Thinking about picking up a Sega Genesis....   Thinking about picking up a Sega Genesis.... Icon_minitimeSat Jan 09, 2010 3:53 pm

Love me some Sega Genesis! I dont' have a lot of games but ya gotta have at least one of the Sonic the Hedgehog series (I recommend "Sonic Spinball"). I also dearly love Ms. Pac-Man (if they ever make that into an Olympic sport, I will bring home the gold medal for the US) and other oldies but goodies like Golden Axe.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

PostSubject: Re: Thinking about picking up a Sega Genesis....   Thinking about picking up a Sega Genesis.... Icon_minitimeSat Jan 09, 2010 4:45 pm

I still have mine in storage. I used to play it all the time... Sega ruled!
Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

PostSubject: Re: Thinking about picking up a Sega Genesis....   Thinking about picking up a Sega Genesis.... Icon_minitimeSat Jan 09, 2010 5:15 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Love me some Sega Genesis! I dont' have a lot of games but ya gotta have at least one of the Sonic the Hedgehog series (I recommend "Sonic Spinball"). I also dearly love Ms. Pac-Man (if they ever make that into an Olympic sport, I will bring home the gold medal for the US) and other oldies but goodies like Golden Axe.

Yeah sonic rules, the system I'm looking at includes the first sonic and sonic and knuckles. Thinking about picking up a Sega Genesis.... 11840
Back to top Go down
spiritoradio
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
spiritoradio

Number of posts : 1510

PostSubject: Re: Thinking about picking up a Sega Genesis....   Thinking about picking up a Sega Genesis.... Icon_minitimeSat Jan 09, 2010 6:57 pm

One of the best RPGs ever came out for the Sega Genesis and that is Shining Force II. If you can find that cheap absolutely pick it up you will not be disappointed.

http://www.google.com/products/catalog?hl=en&q=shining+force+ii&cid=12991875037263301645&sa=title#p
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?ref=profile&id=507304580
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

PostSubject: Re: Thinking about picking up a Sega Genesis....   Thinking about picking up a Sega Genesis.... Icon_minitimeSat Jan 09, 2010 7:37 pm

spiritoradio wrote:
One of the best RPGs ever came out for the Sega Genesis and that is Shining Force II. If you can find that cheap absolutely pick it up you will not be disappointed.

[url=http://www.google.com/products/catalog?hl=en&q=shining+force+ii&cid=12991875037263301645&sa=title#p
http://www.google.com/products/catalog?hl=en&q=shining+force+ii&cid=12991875037263301645&sa=title#p[/quote[/url]]

I'm in talks with someone to get 2 and 1 right now. How long did it take to finish 2?
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

PostSubject: Re: Thinking about picking up a Sega Genesis....   Thinking about picking up a Sega Genesis.... Icon_minitimeSat Jan 09, 2010 8:14 pm

I loved Shining Force
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
Smindas
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

Number of posts : 2546

PostSubject: Re: Thinking about picking up a Sega Genesis....   Thinking about picking up a Sega Genesis.... Icon_minitimeSun Jan 10, 2010 10:34 am

Awesome console. If you have the Sega CD, you'd do well to pick up Sonic CD (if you can find it, it's a bit rare). It's an absolute gem of a Sonic game - a bit more psychadelic than everything else in the series. Also, if you have Sonic & Knuckles, then Sonic 3 is a necessity. The games lock on and form Sonic 3 & Knuckles, as really S&K is just Sonic 3 Part 2. S3&K is probably the best game of the series.

In fact, just buy all the Sonic games. And Gunstar Heroes. And Streets of Rage.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

PostSubject: Re: Thinking about picking up a Sega Genesis....   Thinking about picking up a Sega Genesis.... Icon_minitimeSun Jan 10, 2010 11:04 am

Vectorman, but if you're getting a Genesis and don't have an SNES, then you need that too since it's the best system ever.
Back to top Go down
Dave the Boss
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Dave the Boss

Number of posts : 2690

PostSubject: Re: Thinking about picking up a Sega Genesis....   Thinking about picking up a Sega Genesis.... Icon_minitimeSun Jan 10, 2010 11:23 am

Phantasy star II and IV! Classic games.
Back to top Go down
Smindas
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

PostSubject: Re: Thinking about picking up a Sega Genesis....   Thinking about picking up a Sega Genesis.... Icon_minitimeSun Jan 10, 2010 11:25 am

I was never a big fan of Vectorman. It's not bad, but it wasn't as amazing as I was led to believe. Also, if you can, try and get Comix Zone. Brilliant game.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Dave the Boss

Number of posts : 2690

PostSubject: Re: Thinking about picking up a Sega Genesis....   Thinking about picking up a Sega Genesis.... Icon_minitimeSun Jan 10, 2010 11:28 am

Castlevania Bloodlines is a classic as well. One of the best in the series imo.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

PostSubject: Re: Thinking about picking up a Sega Genesis....   Thinking about picking up a Sega Genesis.... Icon_minitimeSun Jan 10, 2010 12:26 pm

My favorite game that i have for my Sega Genesis is Shinobi (Shadow Dancer). I remember playing it listening to Vengeance Rising's (Destruction Comes) cassette. Thinking about picking up a Sega Genesis.... Icon_smile
Back to top Go down
Shiney
Scarred But Smarter
Scarred But Smarter
Shiney

Number of posts : 3487

PostSubject: Re: Thinking about picking up a Sega Genesis....   Thinking about picking up a Sega Genesis.... Icon_minitimeSun Jan 10, 2010 5:35 pm

It was all about TOEJAM and EARL.....or ZOMBIES ATE MY NEIGHBORS

PostSubject: Re: Thinking about picking up a Sega Genesis....   Thinking about picking up a Sega Genesis.... Icon_minitimeSun Jan 10, 2010 5:36 pm

Quote :
ZOMBIES ATE MY NEIGHBORS

Awesome game!

Thinking about picking up a Sega Genesis.... Zombies_Ate_My_Neighbors_box
Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

PostSubject: Re: Thinking about picking up a Sega Genesis....   Thinking about picking up a Sega Genesis.... Icon_minitimeSun Jan 10, 2010 10:57 pm

Alright, so I scored the genesis today, 20 bucks for the system including sonic 2. My friend said he would hook me up with the sega CD so I track down some of those games also. I'm n tha games now!
Back to top Go down
EvyMetal
Baron Von 40oz.
EvyMetal

Number of posts : 4386

PostSubject: Re: Thinking about picking up a Sega Genesis....   Thinking about picking up a Sega Genesis.... Icon_minitimeWed Feb 03, 2010 3:01 pm

By far, the best game you can invest in for Sega Genesis would be Marvel Vs. Capcom 2. They sell for a hefty price but totally worth it. Me and my roommate play that thing all the time.
Back to top Go down
Smindas
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

PostSubject: Re: Thinking about picking up a Sega Genesis....   Thinking about picking up a Sega Genesis.... Icon_minitimeWed Feb 03, 2010 4:46 pm

I think you've got your wires crossed, Evy. Marvel Vs. Capcom 2 was released on the Sega Dreamcast and then later released on PS2 and Xbox.

Metal novice
Metal novice
Ford.Prefect

Number of posts : 51

PostSubject: Re: Thinking about picking up a Sega Genesis....   Thinking about picking up a Sega Genesis.... Icon_minitimeWed Feb 03, 2010 5:21 pm

Phantasy Star, Altered Beast, Space Harrrier, Sonic the hedgegog 2,
Back to top Go down
Ford.Prefect
Metal novice
Metal novice
Ford.Prefect

Number of posts : 51

PostSubject: Re: Thinking about picking up a Sega Genesis....   Thinking about picking up a Sega Genesis.... Icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2010 2:45 pm

Smindas wrote:
I think you've got your wires crossed, Evy. Marvel Vs. Capcom 2 was released on the Sega Dreamcast and then later released on PS2 and Xbox.

Dreamcast arguably one of the best short lived systems of all time.
I loved mine when I got it 9-9-1999
Back to top Go down
EvyMetal
Baron Von 40oz.
EvyMetal

PostSubject: Re: Thinking about picking up a Sega Genesis....   Thinking about picking up a Sega Genesis.... Icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2010 4:01 pm

Smindas wrote:

Yeah, I realized that much hours after! You should probably get that instead.
Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

PostSubject: Re: Thinking about picking up a Sega Genesis....   Thinking about picking up a Sega Genesis.... Icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2010 8:59 pm

Ford.Prefect wrote:
Smindas wrote:

Dreamcast arguably one of the best short lived systems of all time.
I loved mine when I got it 9-9-1999

I would argue that the previous system by sega the saturn is a better contestant for the best short lived. Another one that comes to mind is SNK's NEO GEO....best arcade system. Thinking about picking up a Sega Genesis.... 11840
Back to top Go down
spiritoradio
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
spiritoradio

Number of posts : 1510

PostSubject: Re: Thinking about picking up a Sega Genesis....   Thinking about picking up a Sega Genesis.... Icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2010 11:38 pm

I just bought a Genesis myself the other day after not having one since I was a kid. Great stuff. I also got the Genmobile handheld Genesis system, which is pretty cool. I picked up Super Street Fighter II, NHL 94 & 97, Tecmo Super Bowl and Aladdin, which you would think would suck, but it's actually pretty sweet and tough.

Shining Force II took me a long time to finish, but I was a kid back when I played it through.

Dreamcast was awesome! It's too bad that it died so quickly.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?ref=profile&id=507304580
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6338

PostSubject: Re: Thinking about picking up a Sega Genesis....   Thinking about picking up a Sega Genesis.... Icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2010 11:41 pm

For sports games, pick up NHL 95 and Tecmo Super Bowl.

I was also a Nintendo kid. But mostly NES.
Back to top Go down
EvyMetal
Baron Von 40oz.
EvyMetal

PostSubject: Re: Thinking about picking up a Sega Genesis....   Thinking about picking up a Sega Genesis.... Icon_minitimeSat Feb 06, 2010 12:20 am

I have NHL Stanley Cup for SNES, it's really fun. Way underrated.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Thinking about picking up a Sega Genesis....   Thinking about picking up a Sega Genesis.... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Thinking about picking up a Sega Genesis....
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: