Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Anyone planning on picking up the new Dragonforce album?

Go down 
+26
MetalRob331
sam
skullsmasher
MetalH
DeathCult
nevermore
ThrashedOutCobra33
Daybreaker
TheGooch
Fat Freddy
Thrasher73
Rex
Mordor
INVADERS
UltraMagnus007
Smindas
exact33
DallasBlack
the sentinel
James B.
A Handful of Wayne
scottmitchell74
Orion Crystal Ice
tohostudios
Stender
30 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

Anyone planning on picking up the new Dragonforce album? Empty
PostSubject: Anyone planning on picking up the new Dragonforce album?   Anyone planning on picking up the new Dragonforce album? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 13, 2008 8:09 pm

Never really been a huge fan, but these guys have been getting a fair amount of playtime by me lately. In reality, I'm pretty sick of the overwhelming comercial success of Dragonforce this coming from someone that knew about em' since just a few yrs after "Valley of the Damned". Eh, I will probably get it when it comes out I just think its amazing what a tour with Megadeth and a few MTV television spots can do to a band. Nothing to really complain about since they havnt really changed their sound because of the success though, Kudos to them for that. humble
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Anyone planning on picking up the new Dragonforce album?   Anyone planning on picking up the new Dragonforce album? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 13, 2008 8:19 pm

Nope.

Especially not with a lameass title like "Ultra Beatdown". You know what an "ultra beatdown" is? Listening to the same song reconfigured over and over and played at warp speed for an entire CD.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

PostSubject: Re: Anyone planning on picking up the new Dragonforce album?   Anyone planning on picking up the new Dragonforce album? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 13, 2008 8:20 pm

I was around since the DragonHeart demo....I think it's gotten less interesting since 'Valley', which I think is their peak...but the new one... Call me whatever.. but I don't like how everything is a huge joke in rock or metal nowadays. Being a little tongue in cheek is ok, like the silly intro to the debut album, but this album is called... 'Ultra Beatdown'. And the cover resembles some sort of anime. Sorry, but...merry. I know the kids go for merry these days but I'm sick of it. It's sad when the only exposure heavy melodic metal can get is when it's being made fun of somehow...this is a trend in movies, shows, music, the scene, everything that is in the mainstream now of that ilk is that way.
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

PostSubject: Re: Anyone planning on picking up the new Dragonforce album?   Anyone planning on picking up the new Dragonforce album? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 13, 2008 8:21 pm

merry = :defleppard: .. I has been censored. Anyone planning on picking up the new Dragonforce album? 56834
Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

PostSubject: Re: Anyone planning on picking up the new Dragonforce album?   Anyone planning on picking up the new Dragonforce album? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 13, 2008 8:27 pm

Orion Crystal Ice wrote:
I was around since the DragonHeart demo....I think it's gotten less interesting since 'Valley', which I think is their peak...but the new one... Call me whatever.. but I don't like how everything is a huge joke in rock or metal nowadays. Being a little tongue in cheek is ok, like the silly intro to the debut album, but this album is called... 'Ultra Beatdown'. And the cover resembles some sort of anime. Sorry, but...merry. I know the kids go for merry these days but I'm sick of it. It's sad when the only exposure heavy melodic metal can get is when it's being made fun of somehow...this is a trend in movies, shows, music, the scene, everything that is in the mainstream now of that ilk is that way.

ha...me too man, I'm sick of that comical metal shite. I dont tolerate that show Dethklok is on or anything else like it, but is Dragonforce really promoting that sort of thing? I never really thought about them that way into you said that. I dont know, they are samey for sure, not sure what I am going to do...
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9047

PostSubject: Re: Anyone planning on picking up the new Dragonforce album?   Anyone planning on picking up the new Dragonforce album? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 13, 2008 8:39 pm

Abso-freakin-lootly!! Keep grating that cheese!!
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: Anyone planning on picking up the new Dragonforce album?   Anyone planning on picking up the new Dragonforce album? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 13, 2008 10:31 pm

Of course i'll be picking it up. Its Dragonforce!!! 🤘 Been listening to them since Valley of the damned why stop now?
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12634

PostSubject: Re: Anyone planning on picking up the new Dragonforce album?   Anyone planning on picking up the new Dragonforce album? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 13, 2008 10:56 pm

The limited amount of tunes I've heard by them has been alot of fun type stuff. If I have the cash and I come across it and am not prowling for something else, it's on.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anyone planning on picking up the new Dragonforce album?   Anyone planning on picking up the new Dragonforce album? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 13, 2008 11:12 pm

Stender wrote:

ha...me too man, I'm sick of that comical metal shite. I dont tolerate that show Dethklok is on or anything else like it, but is Dragonforce really promoting that sort of thing? I never really thought about them that way into you said that. I dont know, they are samey for sure, not sure what I am going to do...

I totally agree, they are only truly famous because of *cough* guitar hero. But seriously, Dethklok rules.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Anyone planning on picking up the new Dragonforce album?   Anyone planning on picking up the new Dragonforce album? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 13, 2008 11:12 pm

Yes, yes I am going to pick it up. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

PostSubject: Re: Anyone planning on picking up the new Dragonforce album?   Anyone planning on picking up the new Dragonforce album? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 13, 2008 11:45 pm

If they could get a balance of songs on an album that consist of the vectom speed stuff but also some of those "trail of broken hearts" ballad type songs, they would be truly awesome.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Anyone planning on picking up the new Dragonforce album?   Anyone planning on picking up the new Dragonforce album? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 13, 2008 11:52 pm

I most certainly will. Yeah they are ultra cheesy and over the top but the melody is off the charts and that is what draws me to these guys.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: Anyone planning on picking up the new Dragonforce album?   Anyone planning on picking up the new Dragonforce album? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 14, 2008 12:26 am

its cheese but its good cheese and I am all over it!

Alex

Smindas
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

Number of posts : 2546

PostSubject: Re: Anyone planning on picking up the new Dragonforce album?   Anyone planning on picking up the new Dragonforce album? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 14, 2008 4:25 am

I love the album title and cover but I'm not sure I want to pay money to hear the same 10 tracks yet again. I'll stick with Valley of the Damned, at least there's some variation there.

Metal graduate
Metal graduate
UltraMagnus007

Number of posts : 282

PostSubject: Re: Anyone planning on picking up the new Dragonforce album?   Anyone planning on picking up the new Dragonforce album? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 14, 2008 7:25 am

Schbopo wrote:
Stender wrote:

I totally agree, they are only truly famous because of *cough* guitar hero. But seriously, Dethklok rules.

What are you talking about!!! The reason they were on Guitar hero is because they were famous/well known. You don't get to have the major finale song in a game as popular as Guitar hero without being at least moderately famous.

As for people moaning about the commercial sucess of this band, please, shut up. If you don't like Dragonforce thats fine, each to their own, but don't not like them beacause they are sucessful, come on.

This attitude is getting worse and worse in Metal these days, people moaning about bands becoming sucessful, never understood it.

Now, if someone wants to slag this band off then can we at least have someone with a grain of intelligence please say something of merit.
Back to top Go down
INVADERS
Metal master
Metal master
INVADERS

Number of posts : 937

PostSubject: Re: Anyone planning on picking up the new Dragonforce album?   Anyone planning on picking up the new Dragonforce album? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 14, 2008 7:50 am

- i've heard it and it's not that bad. much better than their last one i think
- still not a huge fan, but worthy of a listen now and again
Back to top Go down
Mordor
Metal student
Metal student
Mordor

Number of posts : 123

PostSubject: Re: Anyone planning on picking up the new Dragonforce album?   Anyone planning on picking up the new Dragonforce album? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 14, 2008 8:46 am

Too right I'll be getting it, on vinyl hopefully 🤘 Has any of you heard this new album or are you all just talking out ya ass?? There is some great songs on here and a lot of variation too. Man if one band deserves to be famous it is Dragonforce. I have known of them since the Dragonheart days and they work thier asses off. So what if they are getting huge, good for them headbanger They still play some damn fine good METAL and isn't that what we are all here for..

I'll put my sword away now Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.powerofmetal.dk
Rex
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Rex

Number of posts : 2056

PostSubject: Re: Anyone planning on picking up the new Dragonforce album?   Anyone planning on picking up the new Dragonforce album? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 14, 2008 9:40 am

Nope.
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Anyone planning on picking up the new Dragonforce album?   Anyone planning on picking up the new Dragonforce album? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 14, 2008 9:54 am

Rex wrote:
Nope.

Me neither.And I have nothing against the band.I had Inhuman Rampage and traded it because of the saminess.They know how to shred though,thats for sure
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37656

PostSubject: Re: Anyone planning on picking up the new Dragonforce album?   Anyone planning on picking up the new Dragonforce album? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 14, 2008 10:09 am

I'll pass. If I want to hear hyperfast power metal, I'll just play Helloween's WALLS OF JERICHO at 78 speed. Laughing

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

PostSubject: Re: Anyone planning on picking up the new Dragonforce album?   Anyone planning on picking up the new Dragonforce album? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 14, 2008 10:16 am

Quote :
Now, if someone wants to slag this band off then
can we at least have someone with a grain of intelligence please say
something of merit.

Already did that. Cool I rather not feel I'm being mocked by a band I buy something from. Already went through that.

Quote :
Has any of you heard this new album or are you
all just talking out ya ass?? There is some great songs on here and a
lot of variation too.

Heard the new song and video, not that great at all. Really good keys, didn't enjoy the song as a whole.

Quote :
Man if one band deserves to be famous it is
Dragonforce. I have known of them since the Dragonheart days and they
work thier asses off. So what if they are getting huge, good for them headbanger They still play some damn fine good METAL and isn't that what we are all here for..

Yeah, smurf every other hard working power metal band that didn't make it on MTV in America within the past 10-15 years, Gamma Ray, Labyrinth, Freedom Call, Dark Moor, Iron Savior, Grave Digger, Dragonland, Rhapsody, Vision Divine, Tad Morose, Royal Hunt, man, that metal just can't stand up to the likes of DRAGONFORCE. Didn't you know, metalheads don't have to be ashamed to like that power metal band because it "doesn't take itself seriously" and besides everybody digs it. Cool Anybody who doesn't like ALL OF THEIR SONGS and buys EVERY ALBUM only does it because they hate the fact they're 'famous'.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Anyone planning on picking up the new Dragonforce album?   Anyone planning on picking up the new Dragonforce album? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 14, 2008 10:23 am

I couldn't care less what is or isn't "popular". What I care about is music and what I like in my music is songwriting. This band has written about 3 songs and they just keep reconfiguring those same three album after album IMO. There's no doubt about the instrumental prowess but the overall lack of variety bores me to tears.

nOOb master
TheGooch

Number of posts : 4429

PostSubject: Re: Anyone planning on picking up the new Dragonforce album?   Anyone planning on picking up the new Dragonforce album? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 14, 2008 11:23 am

i heard a new song and i thought it sounds the same as all their other songs already
Back to top Go down
Daybreaker
Metal novice
Metal novice

Number of posts : 31

PostSubject: Re: Anyone planning on picking up the new Dragonforce album?   Anyone planning on picking up the new Dragonforce album? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 14, 2008 1:41 pm

First post here. I'm a lurker, have been for months. Been coming to the site for years. You guys have alot of sweet musical discussions.

Not to come in and be argumentative, but you guys seem to able to have contructive convos. This is what I can tell you from my perspective. Dragonforce got a big boost once Inhuman Rampage came out in the US on Road Runner. They did really well selling something like a couple hundred thousand cds. But it wasnt til Guitar Hero that they became household names. My dumb ass hick of a friend who hates metal, "likes" Dragonforce because its on Guitar Hero. I still remember trying to show him and the other emo crew what Dragonforce was like in 05 and they wouldnt listen at all. Now that it's "cool" they act like they've liked em since day one. Well, wheneve I'm not around.

Epic post aside, I'll give the album a listen before I buy. I mean I have em all form the demo to now lets see what album four is like.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anyone planning on picking up the new Dragonforce album?   Anyone planning on picking up the new Dragonforce album? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 14, 2008 2:06 pm

Quote :
couldn't care less what is or isn't "popular". What I care about is music and what I like in my music is songwriting. This band has written about 3 songs and they just keep reconfiguring those same three album after album IMO. There's no doubt about the instrumental prowess but the overall lack of variety bores me to tears.

Good post. I like cheese but I also like some variety if i'm going to spend the money. If you like it though, buy it and enjoy. It's just opinions.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anyone planning on picking up the new Dragonforce album?   Anyone planning on picking up the new Dragonforce album? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Anyone planning on picking up the new Dragonforce album?
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next