Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Dead Bigfoot found?

Go down 
+20
Troublezone
DeathCult
rattpoison
Thrasher73
EvyMetal
SAHB Healer
the sentinel
scottmitchell74
mc666
XYZ
tohostudios
spiritoradio
ThrashedOutCobra33
Stender
MetalGuy71
Fat Freddy
thejokeriv
MoonChild
Orion Crystal Ice
akeldama
24 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage

Dead Bigfoot found? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dead Bigfoot found?   Dead Bigfoot found? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 13, 2008 8:18 pm

mc666 wrote:
bah, what a load of crap. big foot, loch ness monster, aliens, santa claus... gimme a break.
100,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 planets, and only one has life? Pffft!
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Dead Bigfoot found?   Dead Bigfoot found? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 13, 2008 8:19 pm

Eyesore wrote:
mc666 wrote:
bah, what a load of crap. big foot, loch ness monster, aliens, santa claus... gimme a break.

Yep. I agree. Other life may not be "intelligent" but I think it's pretty arrogant to think that we're "it".

PostSubject: Re: Dead Bigfoot found?   Dead Bigfoot found? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 13, 2008 8:34 pm

tohostudios wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
mc666 wrote:
Yep. I agree. Other life may not be "intelligent" but I think it's pretty arrogant to think that we're "it".
I think it's also arrogant to insist that life only exists under our earthly conditions. Why would aliens need oxygen to breathe? The term "alien" completely contradicts that!
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

PostSubject: Re: Dead Bigfoot found?   Dead Bigfoot found? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 13, 2008 8:51 pm

I don't necessarily think it would be arrogant to believe there may be nothing else. If we're taking a 'relative' approach to the universe, then that has to be as on the table as a lot of other life, because by what tokens would be our arrogance if we're operating from that whole other, new rulebook? By the new standards that would equally require an open mind for life otherwise, who could now say we may believe we are alone for the *typical* reasoning? In general I believe the arrogance argument is too quick a step to brand to the approach, and usually is more of others' perception rather than the person's holding such a view.

On record, I believe there is life, but I felt the need to play a little devil's advocate there.

Quote :
I think it's also arrogant to insist that life only exists under our earthly conditions. Why would aliens need oxygen to breathe? The term "alien" completely contradicts that!

Again, I don't immediately see it as arrogant, but I can tell you some of the reason why. If you by chance were to experience, either in space or in a dream, a colour you and nobody else has ever seen before, how would you describe it? How do you describe something completely out of the spectrum? You would be forced to say the colour resembles another colour, even if the description is grossly off. Human beings operate with reference points. Each time something completely new, never seen or thought of before, is discovered, the mental reaction of utter fascination is directly correspondent to the simple fact that we cannot very simply imagine something COMPLETELY new, and when the existence of such a thing is brought to our attentions, our minds experience a form of shock.

Do you know the Marvel character Galactus? He's an ancient being from the old universe who feeds on planets, and whose very existence is vital to the balance of the current universe. His presence, force, and form is that which may not even be perceived the same by certain races:

Dead Bigfoot found? - Page 2 Galactuspov

Although I believe there exist entities which we would call 'humanoid', (by the way, that is the only arrogant part of it, IMO), this same thing is what humans do as one of the first normal reactions to the ideas of outer life.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Dead Bigfoot found?   Dead Bigfoot found? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 13, 2008 8:53 pm

mc666 wrote:

When did they find a dead Santa Claus?? Shocked

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

PostSubject: Re: Dead Bigfoot found?   Dead Bigfoot found? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 13, 2008 9:04 pm

Galactus is the man!!!

anyways, this whole thing IS providing some much needed comic relief from the ever bitter presidential election topic, so its cool in that respect.

I was reading the entire article and they say one of the hunters primary job is a police officer in Georgia. If this whole thing turns out to be untrue, this guy is definately losing his job, thats a given. So the question is if this hoax is really funny enough to lose a fricken good paying job over?
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Dead Bigfoot found?   Dead Bigfoot found? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 13, 2008 10:43 pm

I think it's going to be a hoax like the Patterson film from 1968. I am a huge fan of Monsterquest and UFO Hunters type shows, but I don't believe in any of it. I feel that the people who claim to "see" something, certainly do see something, but I don't think they see aliens or alien spacecraft, the Mothman, or the Jersey Devil. I think their eyes play tricks on them or they are led to believe something. Peace.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Dead Bigfoot found?   Dead Bigfoot found? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 13, 2008 11:23 pm

Eyesore wrote:
mc666 wrote:
maybe, but it's unlikely some farmer from bumfuck Kentucky has video taped them hovering above his barn.

SAHB Healer
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
SAHB Healer

Number of posts : 2793

PostSubject: Re: Dead Bigfoot found?   Dead Bigfoot found? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 14, 2008 1:39 am

Well, I challenge anyone here to explain why a hellicopter buzzed my house about ten times early one morning just this weekend, and sprayed out a bunch of poison gas? I swear it's true. Explain that doubters!
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

PostSubject: Re: Dead Bigfoot found?   Dead Bigfoot found? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 14, 2008 1:59 am

SAHB Healer wrote:
Well, I challenge anyone here to explain why a hellicopter buzzed my house about ten times early one morning just this weekend, and sprayed out a bunch of poison gas? I swear it's true. Explain that doubters!
umm... proof? not that i'm calling you a liar, but i would need proof of such a thing to take it as fact.

Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

PostSubject: Re: Dead Bigfoot found?   Dead Bigfoot found? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 14, 2008 2:00 am

weather balloon

plus northern lights
Back to top Go down
EvyMetal
Baron Von 40oz.
EvyMetal

Number of posts : 4386

PostSubject: Re: Dead Bigfoot found?   Dead Bigfoot found? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 14, 2008 2:49 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Dead Bigfoot found? - Page 2 Steveaustin

What is this Samson & Son?
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Dead Bigfoot found?   Dead Bigfoot found? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 14, 2008 9:00 am

SAHB Healer wrote:

Was it a "black" chopper? One that is stealth?

And, for the record, I do think there is life elsewhere in the universe - could be intelligent life. Maybe they have vistied us before - maybe they are hear now (cue X-Files Music). I've heard all the arguments that it couldn't happen because of the "massive ammounts of energy required" - IMHO, that's just limited thinking, if beings from another planet could fly to visit us, they would have technology that we can't yet imagine. It would be like someone from the 18th century trying to imagine a nuclear explosion - it hadn;t happened yet, hadn't been discovered how, so in their limited scientific knowledge they would say it couldn't be done!
Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

PostSubject: Re: Dead Bigfoot found?   Dead Bigfoot found? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 14, 2008 12:37 pm

Watch Alex Jones.

Seriously, if you are up on all the New World Order, Mk ultra, Transcontinental corridor, and tri-lateral commision/Bilderberg group stuff, then you will know that the "authorities" on aliens are now saying they are traveling back in forth from our planet to another dimension, not another planet.

If you take all the 1000's of UFO supposed sightings that happpen in just one day from around the world and cut that number in half, that still leaves you with at least 500 sightings. Do you really think that its possible for 500 if not more people to be mistaken in what they see?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dead Bigfoot found?   Dead Bigfoot found? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 14, 2008 12:43 pm

Quote :
Do you really think that its possible for 500 if not more people to be mistaken in what they see?

Most certainly.

You are assuming that most people are rational, sane humans. This is not the case on Earth. There can easily be 500 or 1,000 people even in a certain isolated area that can be delusional. Mass hysteria is a real thing.
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

PostSubject: Re: Dead Bigfoot found?   Dead Bigfoot found? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 14, 2008 12:45 pm

Quote :
Do you really think that its possible for 500 if not more people to be mistaken in what they see?

Yes.

Funny thing, my entire religious belief system is based on roughly the same amount of eye-witnesses to an "impossible" event. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

PostSubject: Re: Dead Bigfoot found?   Dead Bigfoot found? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 14, 2008 12:49 pm

Stender wrote:
absolutely.

SAHB Healer
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
SAHB Healer

Number of posts : 2793

PostSubject: Re: Dead Bigfoot found?   Dead Bigfoot found? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 14, 2008 2:53 pm

mc666 wrote:
SAHB Healer wrote:
umm... proof? not that i'm calling you a liar, but i would need proof of such a thing to take it as fact.

My neighbors tell me they were crop dusters spraying herbicide on the bean fields that my farm is next to. I don't believe it. I think that my neigbors are trying to bump me off to put an end to the Bachman-Turner Overdrive at 5 AM! Dead Bigfoot found? - Page 2 927150
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

PostSubject: Re: Dead Bigfoot found?   Dead Bigfoot found? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 14, 2008 2:55 pm

telling you, it's a weather balloon (plus the northern lights), now stop mentioning it if you know what's good for you. silent Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Dead Bigfoot found?   Dead Bigfoot found? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 14, 2008 3:07 pm

[quote="mc666"]
Eyesore wrote:

maybe, but it's unlikely some farmer from bumfuck Kentucky has video taped them hovering above his barn.

Thats it mister,now you're not gonna see my video angry
Back to top Go down
rattpoison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

Number of posts : 2682

PostSubject: Re: Dead Bigfoot found?   Dead Bigfoot found? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 14, 2008 10:28 pm

I saw the Boston Spaceship the other day high in the sky......or was it the ELO Spaceship scratch
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

PostSubject: Re: Dead Bigfoot found?   Dead Bigfoot found? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 14, 2008 10:39 pm

Jefferson Starship? scratch
Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

PostSubject: Re: Dead Bigfoot found?   Dead Bigfoot found? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 15, 2008 2:23 pm

oh man!!! Just a couple more hours then we know.....
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Dead Bigfoot found?   Dead Bigfoot found? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 15, 2008 3:16 pm

OCI posted this at the CMR

http://www.bfro.net/
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dead Bigfoot found?   Dead Bigfoot found? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 15, 2008 3:32 pm

thrasher73 wrote:
OCI posted this at the CMR

http://www.bfro.net/
I saw that page the other day, but couldn't get the links to work. I figured, if anything, it was partially a ploy to get people to register to their forum.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dead Bigfoot found?   Dead Bigfoot found? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dead Bigfoot found?
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next